Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Veterans Attitude Towards Low MR Players

Master-Nachash

I myself am almost a three year "veteran" but I recently made a new account. Wanted to start fresh because of the new star chart and other changes because I lost my feel of immersion for the game. But all is well, I'm actually enjoying Warframe a lot more than pre-SOTR now I've had my fresh start.

Anyway. I've noticed a behavioural habit over the last week or so since playing on my new account. High ranking players, especially founders, talking down to and actually bullying the little guys. 

I just pugged a Lith fissure Corpus sabotage run with two pretty new guys and an MR21 founder. 

He started complaining because we didn't delay closing the fissure to get more traces, but he wasn't doing it in a constructive way, wasn't advising us, was just like "seven traces, oh you really know what you're doing don't you" something along those lines anyway, with a load of clapping emojis.

To which I responded "if you want to farm traces, hit people up on recruit instead of pugging it and complaining when you come across people who wanna do quick runs."

All I got back was some more clapping emojis, then we extracted, I left the squad, and I got a very cryptic message from him saying "you've just been reported by three players."

I asked why.

And surprise surprise, "This user is ignoring you."

So on top of not being constructive in his criticisms and attempting to help whom he perceived to be a bunch of newbies, he didn't even bother to let someone know what they were doing to be reported so they could refrain from doing whatever they were doing again.

I already know I didn't do anything wrong, and he was just trying to spook me, but that's not the point. Especially with all the rumours circulating because of he-who-shall-not-be-named. It's pretty sadistic to try and scare a low ranker newbie into thinking he's gonna get in trouble for something he didn't even know he did.

I know people will say "there are some bad eggs, but mostly high ranking players are cool with low rankers", but I dunno. I've been receiving a lot of flak over the last week, a lot of passive aggressiveness.

Edited by Master-Nachash

Might be an interesting experiment to make a new account and see what it's like for the new players, I guess? Whenever when these topics come up I am always confused because I rarely, if ever, see this lowbie-bashing that so many seem to have a grievance with. Maybe I'm exerting an influence on other people's behavior somehow? Hmm.

The sad thing is that he clearly didn't know how Traces drop.  Three Eximus spawn at specific percentages of completion and each drops Traces then you get another drop when completing it.  The only reason to slow down on piling in the Reactant is if you have a looting frame that needs time to get more such as an Ivara player might want you to slow down so she can make sure they all get pickpocketed first or a Nekros might want to chop up one Eximus and Descrate before the next one is spawned.  In a random group, that doesn't have a pre-built squad with the correct frames and tactics decided beforehand, there is no reason to stall as you wont get more Eximus and wont get more Trace.  Oh well, it should be changing tomorrow anyway...

Edited by Katinka

13 minutes ago, Master-Nachash said:

-snip- 

Hey buddy take this tip from me 

Just Ignore Them and do your job in the squad 

To be honest I'm kinda one of those old warframe players and I love sticking around like helping some others

Edited by Zdeadfallout
wanted to add a note

Well, there's always been this sort of attitude among many high mastery rank players. You know, the condescending, "I'm better than you because I'm MR22, or I'm a founder, or I have this weapon and you don't, blah blah blah" attitude. That hasn't changed since Warframe went into Open Beta. I'm pretty sure most of us have gone through that elitist phase before realizing just how petty it is, but some people never get out of that phase. But it's not just Warframe that has this problem. Almost every multi-player game will have people who seemingly have more experience look down upon new players, and there's nothing you can do to change that.

Best thing you can do is to ignore it and keep on playing the game. You shouldn't let anybody dictate how you play a video game, a veteran player who knows so much or whatever. So yeah, can't stop jerks from being jerks.

Edited by CLERINERT

Hmmm, some high ranking players are mean to lower ranking players. There is no exception towards this, and when I mean some...I mean...some.

A some of players......are "Perfectionists"....They like to well...be perfect, like...every player should know this.

In this case, you didn't kill the eximus within the phases, which usually drop 3 times, 20-30%/50-60%/80-90%...Or something like that.

Instead you rushed into the mission and well.....completely ignored that.

He got passive aggressive due to this.

Again, report him for intense passive aggressiveness, he should be keeping that to himself, and not "Scaring" other players.

5 minutes ago, Momaw said:

Might be an interesting experiment to make a new account and see what it's like for the new players, I guess? Whenever when these topics come up I am always confused because I rarely, if ever, see this lowbie-bashing that so many seem to have a grievance with. Maybe I'm exerting an influence on other people's behavior somehow? Hmm.

Yeah, I feel as though low MR players are targeted to be honest. I've had a few arguements with people on my other account in the past but that was just the usual stuff, it wasn't malicious, was just mostly miscommunication and was sorted out quite quickly.

4 minutes ago, Katinka said:

The sad thing is that he clearly didn't know how Traces drop.  Three Eximus spawn at specific percentages of completion and each drops Traces then you get another drop when completing it.  The only reason to slow down on piling in the Reactant is if you have a looting frame that needs time to get more such as an Ivara player might want you to slow down so she can make sure they all get pickpocketed first or a Nekros might want to chop up one Eximus and Descrate before the next one is spawned.  In a random group, that doesn't have a pre-built squad with the correct frames and tactics decided beforehand, there is no reason to stall as you wont get more Eximus and wont get more Trace.  Oh well, it should be changing tomorrow anyway...

We didn't even have a nekros as far as I can remember.

3 minutes ago, Zdeadfallout said:

Hey buddy take this tip from me 

Just Ignore Them and do your job in the squad 

I actually messaged the other two guys asking them why he wanted me reported, one ignored me, the other said "you deserve it" then ignored me lol.

Edited by Master-Nachash

3 minutes ago, CLERINERT said:

Well, there's always been this sort of attitude among many high mastery rank players. You know, the condescending, "I'm better than you because I'm MR22, or I'm a founder, or I have this weapon and you don't, blah blah blah" attitude. That hasn't changed since Warframe went into Open Beta. I'm pretty sure most of us have gone through that elitist phase before realizing just how petty it is, but some people never get out of that phase. But it's not just Warframe that has this problem. Almost every multi-player game will have people who seemingly have more experience look down upon new players, and there's nothing you can do to change that.

Best thing you can do is to ignore it and keep on playing the game. You shouldn't let anybody dictate how you play a video game, a veteran player who knows so much or whatever. So yeah, can't stop jerks from being jerks.

Very true. +1

Just now, Master-Nachash said:

I actually messaged the other two guys asking them why he wanted me reported, one ignored me, the other said "you deserve it" ignored me lol.

technicly support most likely is gona ignore the "requests" if they even made them or lied (who knows or cares) because u didn't actually do anything wrong c_c

3 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

Hmmm, some high ranking players are mean to lower ranking players. There is no exception towards this, and when I mean some...I mean...some.

A some of players......are "Perfectionists"....They like to well...be perfect, like...every player should know this.

In this case, you didn't kill the eximus within the phases, which usually drop 3 times, 20-30%/50-60%/80-90%...Or something like that.

Instead you rushed into the mission and well.....completely ignored that.

He got passive aggressive due to this.

Again, report him for intense passive aggressiveness, he should be keeping that to himself, and not "Scaring" other players.

I probably should report him to be honest as he took the most negative approach possible to whatever annoyed him.

3 minutes ago, K0bra said:

Who cares?When they dont act reasonable report them.

Thats a Veteran/Founder bashing thread that leads to nowhere because its bs.

Nah I'm not bashing veterans / founders. If that was the case I'd be bashing myself 'cause as I stated I'm almost a three year veteran.

It's one of those "if the shoe fits" situations, y'know?

Obviously this doesn't apply to all veterans or founders, but it seems to apply to a heck of a lot and it should keep being addressed until it stops or is toned down at least.

8 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

the vetties are just pissed at the new prime system screwing over their overpriced prime monopoly and direct that hate to new players

so sad :()

What?

5 minutes ago, K0bra said:

Who cares?When they dont act reasonable report them.

Basically.

Black sheeps come in all form and shapes: Veterans, Founders, non-Founders, high mastery rank players, low mastery rank players.

Just report those behaviors because DE does not tolerate it.

Also, I can hear Danielle/a mod in here already. Mainly because this kind of stuff never ends up well.

Edited by NightmareT12

2 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

technicly support most likely is gona ignore the "requests" if they even made them or lied (who knows or cares) because u didn't actually do anything wrong c_c

Yeah as I said earlier I think they were just tryin to spook me because they thought I was a legit noob that'd be easily scared by such things.

I usually don't mind a little bit of rage-drama, but yeah, that's the game's fault as well (not just the player's) in my humble opinion. There is literally 0 competitive element or any kind of competitive outlet in the game, so people have to display their dominance in "some way", and the easiest one is by being a complete a-hole to your teammates.

+1 to DE stop making silly games like Lunaro where even the advertisement for it was something like: "Where Tenno don't fight against each other, but instead group up to be superfriends and help each other claim victory! Yay! woop-de-doo!".

Sometimes i feel like DE think their player-base is just a pack of 10 year olds waiting for their birthday cake. Just stop appealing to the utterly casual players and add a small competitive element in the game where people can settle their "differences" like in this case, it's not hard, nobody's gonna kill you guys for it, you know. 

That MR21 guy is just another elitist that grinded out all the content in the game and now obviously feels like he's in a position to look down on people, so why not just do it DE? Just do it, so people can stop being such negative novas all the time. Jeez.

Edited by Devaldus

I had a MR9 assure me that despite his MR, he wouldnt only get MRs of the same range to a raid he invited me to. To which i replied MR doesnt matter to me as long as the objective gets done.

It seems like it happens enough now that people would assume high MRs have a bad attitude towards low MRs.

1 minute ago, UndeadFreak420 said:

what is this thread? dont people have lives? jesus random pub arguements gone too far. this should become a series.

Nah it's not like that.

It's an issue that needs addressing and dealing with because it could potentially turn new players away.

4 minutes ago, K0bra said:

Their state as founders/veterans shouldn't exempt them from criticism though. No names are called, and founders weren't even mentioned up until your post, and I think that if a specific group of people treats other players in a condescending manner, on the basis of their standing as older/long-time players, these behaviours should be criticised and discussed, and not just ignored.