Jump to content
Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

TennoGen Update: New Content & Next Round Date!


Recommended Posts

Normally I frown on making requests of people with far more talent than I, but now that Atlas is in the system there's something I've been wanting to see since his no-neck monk look was finalized: I want to see him with a sedge hat. I feel like his posture and muscular structure lends itself to the idea he's leaning forward menacingly, which when you combine that posture with the wide, obscuring brim of a sedge hat...

japan-buddhist-monk-alms.jpg

I think that would go a long way to make him look a little less inhuman standing next to the other frames. Also it would give him more of a disciplined and wise look. I hope someone accepts this challenge, because it could be something amazing if done right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BlaineKodos said:

Normally I frown on making requests of people with far more talent than I, but now that Atlas is in the system there's something I've been wanting to see since his no-neck monk look was finalized: I want to see him with a sedge hat. I feel like his posture and muscular structure lends itself to the idea he's leaning forward menacingly, which when you combine that posture with the wide, obscuring brim of a sedge hat...

japan-buddhist-monk-alms.jpg

I think that would go a long way to make him look a little less inhuman standing next to the other frames. Also it would give him more of a disciplined and wise look. I hope someone accepts this challenge, because it could be something amazing if done right.

Hell yes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone please do a set of dual shortend nikanas please....i think we need them besides they are a ninjas preffered blade...the long nikanas give off to much of a samurai feel...some of us want that ninja feel...like Razor in ninja assassins....Leo of the ninja turtles lol...with the swords crossed on his back....and give them dual dagger like behavior.....such as speed and stance mods

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

On the Equinox note, I guess you guys have some complications with the whole three models thing? How are you going to approach her?

Correct - it's a puzzle still.

3 hours ago, novabjorn said:

There are a lot of content files missing from the link you posted. Are these going up throughout the day?

Yup updating fully shortly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlaineKodos said:

Normally I frown on making requests of people with far more talent than I, but now that Atlas is in the system there's something I've been wanting to see since his no-neck monk look was finalized: I want to see him with a sedge hat. I feel like his posture and muscular structure lends itself to the idea he's leaning forward menacingly, which when you combine that posture with the wide, obscuring brim of a sedge hat...

japan-buddhist-monk-alms.jpg

I think that would go a long way to make him look a little less inhuman standing next to the other frames. Also it would give him more of a disciplined and wise look. I hope someone accepts this challenge, because it could be something amazing if done right.

But would it fit with Atlas' body? He is pretty big, like a MMA fighter, less like a ninja. I instantly think of MK's Raiden. I think Atlas would look like a tourist going to China for the first time ;-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Correct - it's a puzzle still.

Yup updating fully shortly.

Ah shoot. After seeing just Wukong files though, I must say it must be a real mess for your artists to do her. Holy moly.

BTW, I'm noticing there's some missing files in some frames, but I'm not sure if that's intentional or oversights... For example, as I was talking about Wukong, I'm seeing he has no difuse map for his helm?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

Just felt my heart skip a beat when i read that Ash finally joined the party.

I would agree with you, but...His head is missing...And the more I try to work around it, the less I find

Edited by (XB1)UKILR
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Ah shoot. After seeing just Wukong files though, I must say it must be a real mess for your artists to do her. Holy moly.

BTW, I'm noticing there's some missing files in some frames, but I'm not sure if that's intentional or oversights... For example, as I was talking about Wukong, I'm seeing he has no difuse map for his helm?

I guess Space Mom is on the case?

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, keensight_JDS said:

@[DE]Rebecca, why not give to steam-players ingame opportunity of trading tennogen content
to all non-steam-players?
That would solve any problems related with distribution of
payment
and
would increase the number of purchases.

Very well said mate and you got a valid point there on increasing the overall sales.....hmm more distribution leads to more demand....Nice

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, keensight_JDS said:

@[DE]Rebecca, why not give to steam-players ingame opportunity of trading tennogen content
to all non-steam-players?
That would solve any problems related with distribution of
payment
and
would increase the number of purchases.

I don't agree, besides it's not difficult to install steam and choose your method of payment.

In case you didn't know, the creators get paid too... The profits are split between the creator, DE, and steam.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@[DE]Rebecca 

I would like to point out a severe issue that should be forwarded to your studio:

Many texture references within the .fbx files as found on the "CONTENT FILES AND EXAMPLES" page are nonfunctional after distribution due to absolute file paths instead of relative file paths AND direct us to non-existent file names. Check Ivara for example.

Edit: Why do the "Examples" not include .fbx files with materials (for texture references) like the "Content"?

Edited by TRSS
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ambiroa said:

But would it fit with Atlas' body? He is pretty big, like a MMA fighter, less like a ninja. I instantly think of MK's Raiden. I think Atlas would look like a tourist going to China for the first time ;-)

I think if angled properly, it would fit with his body just fine. Again, I make no claims to being an artist but a sedge hat-inspired helmet is something I've wanted to see in the game for a while just from its aesthetic. Of the frames we have, Excalibur (the swordsman) and Atlas (the monk) feel like the ones most likely to make that look work. And Excalibur has a lot of helmets as it is, while Atlas is somewhat notorious for having helmet choices that people don't necessarily agree with.

That's just my opinion, at least.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...