The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please allow us to use the gear/interaction wheel on the move

Bibliothekar

So, yes, not much to say here. One thing I really like about Overwatch's emote wheel is that I don't have to stop if I want to use it. If I just want to wave at a friend or enemy while zipping by, I can do that. Actions that require me to stop (using a full-body emote) will do that - but even with the overlay open, I can still use WASD to move around, and the mouse to navigate it.

Warframe, on the other hand, stops me dead in my tracks as soon as I even think about hitting the key to open the gear wheel. Even if I don't want to select one of the Nartas and just look how many Energy Restores I have left over, if I can go for another five waves or should rather extract. And that's a little annyoing IMO. Please, if you can, change that behaviour to only stop us when it actually needs to.

Just now, Bibliothekar said:

So, yes, not much to say here. One thing I really like about Overwatch's emote wheel is that I don't have to stop if I want to use it. If I just want to wave at a friend or enemy while zipping by, I can do that. Actions that require me to stop (using a full-body emote) will do that - but even with the overlay open, I can still use WASD to move around, and the mouse to navigate it.

Warframe, on the other hand, stops me dead in my tracks as soon as I even think about hitting the key to open the gear wheel. Even if I don't want to select one of the Nartas and just look how many Energy Restores I have left over, if I can go for another five waves or should rather extract. And that's a little annyoing IMO. Please, if you can, change that behaviour to only stop us when it actually needs to.

You can bind the gear slots to a key you know, i binded my key wheel onto F1 to F8 for example.

Yes, I know. I'd still like to keep running while checking if I brought specters to keep the Juggernaut and its level 100 horde distracted before I die.

/e: Also, Overwatch allows me to bind each emote to a different key, too. And yet it also allows me to move with the selection wheel open.

Edited by Bibliothekar

Yeah, keybindings aren't really a reason to leave the gear wheel clunky, In fact it's all the more reason to update it. If you've got two different iterations of the exact same function and one of them is unnecessarily clumsy and the other is seamless, then there's something wrong.