The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Everything Available?

LiquidAurum

Question

Ok I'm brand new and got quite a few questions (this game is amazing by the way).

-What is affinity?

-And I've noticed some things you can only buy with platinum. On my brothers MAG for example only way to get the bow is to use platinum. Will that later be available with credits. 

-Also do I get more mod capacity as I level up?

-Do I level up each warframe individually?

-Is there any other advice you guys have for me?

9 answers to this question

afinity is experience

if your talking about dread it is dropped from stalker wikki him if paris you can buy its blueprints any in game weapon or frame is available without buying it with platinum

yes if you level up you get more max 30 + another 30 with reactor/catalyst installed

yes ou level everything individual

advice don't die

Edited by BlackJackD

So for crafting you need blueprints and components, thats it right?

Also do you get mods as drops in missions?

Yes to both. In mission, enemies drop 4 types of items: Ammo, Health/Energy, Materials (for crafting) and Modifications (for frames/weapons/sentinels)

Boss enemies (including the stalker) have a chance of dropping a purple orb, which is a blueprint for weapons/warframe parts.

See the wiki for locations and bosses that drop certain materials, mods and blueprints.

With platinum or credits? 

Also I was looking for apps for warframe, and I saw something about alerts. IS that how you get special mods or something? 

Slots are currently for platinum only. The devs are considering way of making them available for free (there is talk of them possibly being a reward for reaching certain mastery ranks, which is your overall level - the only advantage to mastery currently is gaining access to some locked weapons)

Alerts are special timed missions specific to a certain mission. To see an alert, you have to have completed (or have access to) the mission it is tied to. They pop up under the heading 'alerts' in the top left of the screen (under your little profile picture and exp bar where the notices appear) and also as little flashing triangles with ! marks on the map.

Clicking on an alert popup will show you the mission type, faction, and the reward. Usually the reward is just a sum of credits (2000-10000) but there can also be a '?'. The '?' means that completing the alert will give you a special reward such as:

-An artifact (you may have noticed a blank rectangle near the top right of the screen, clicking it takes you to your 'deck'. This is where you equip artifacts, a passive buff that applies to all people in your party - things like slow energy regeneration, bonus ammo pickups etc.)

-An alternate helmet or weapon skin blueprint (each frame has an 'alternate' helmet design which can be bought with platinum or earned through alerts. Aside from looking visually different, it alters the warframe's stats slightly eg. excaliburs alternate 'Avalon' helmet reduces his health but boosts his shields - weapon skins are similar but for a specific weapon, sometimes they are purely cosmetic skins eg. dagger axe skin for the scindo)

-An alert specific weapon or frame parts (some weapon/warframe blueprints can only be found through alert missions - eg. plasma sword, glaive, jaw sword, dark dagger etc. Parts for the warframe 'Vauban' are also found only in alerts)

-An orokin catalyst/reactor or forma (used to supercharge frames and weapons (doubling the number of mod points available). Normally bought with platinum, these can be found as a reward for alert missions. Forma allow you to add a mod polarity slot to a weapon once it reaches level 30. They can also be received as a daily login reward)

If you want to follow alerts, there is a twitter feed which shows alerts, the location, the duration and the reward (https://twitter.com/WarframeAlerts). There is also one which only shows alerts with '?' rewards (https://twitter.com/Warframe_BOT)

Apologies for the wall of text, I have a tendency to, err... thoroughly explain things.

Edited by Segolia

Y'know, a trip to the warframe wiki will answer a lot of these questions much faster than asking on the forums will.

Don't worry about availability, there's no real pay to win elements in this game. The things you can get for platinum only are mostly cosmetic, and the rest can be acquired as blueprints in some way or another.