Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: Hotfix 13

[DE]Megan

Just now, NovusNova said:

For people asking about the rework to Nekros desecrate:

"Nekros Desecrate

Nekros’ Desecrate is being made into a toggleable ability! Bodies within a certain radius of Nekros will drop that precious loot after remaining in the ability’s range for a few seconds. We are still working on the prototype, but ultimately it now allows for Nekros players do passively Desecrate the dead as they focus on other things, like making more things die!"

Any news about the archwing camera revisions? I'm still zoomed into my archwing so close i'm getting sick.

8 minutes ago, Teneko said:

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS UPDATE

where's epic fissure what made us work togather?! there's Nekros farming traces? on I"M JUST NEED TO COLLECT SHINY THINGS - it's TOO EASY TO BE INTERESTING DE, WHY??? GIVE US one fisssure back plz... so dissapointed

Cringe effect is real. I'm sorry for her review :P

So to anyone who really likes there relics wait until they patach a new bug I found. 
Im not like savy person and I don;t know where to put this but here is the bug.

- I join a AXI void fissure mission

- Pick AXI V1 (Intact) Relic

- Mission starts 

- Do mission full party finished objectives and finished the new get 10 reactant.

- The end screen with parts come up parts in this order Vauban chassis, Odonata harness, mag prime nuropits, and nothing 

- I can't pick a reward and it says I have no key

- Rage a little then go check to see if it took my key 

- Had 4 relics now have 3 and no prime part

-BTW got 20 void traces

WOOHOO:

ALMOST EVERYTHING IN THIS NEW FIX

Understandable:

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changes

• Changed how Simaris’ Synthesis Target Standing is decided in a group: you now get Standing if you have a Synthesis Scanner equipped, are actively playing, and it's your daily target or you are within shared XP range of the target.

Kubrow Changes

• Removed unintended connection between Critical Chance and Kubrow base damage (this only worked for domesticated Kubrows; Kavats, and hostile companions did not have this behavior). 
  • Increased Kubrow's base damage 150% and base Critical Damage multiplier from 1.6x to 3x so that for a Kubrow fitted with Rank 10 Maul Mod and Rank 10 Bite Mod the average damage would be almost exactly the same as before.

Well Nuts:

Changes

• Detonite/Fieldron rewards from Invasion missions will now always be a bundle of 3.

Aww....I'd liked the recent spate of 5x Detonite Injector/Fieldron Invasion rewards...

Could you maybe consider dividing them into tiers based on level-range instead? (i.e. lvl 1-10 = 1; lvl 11-20 = 2; lvl 21-30 = 3; etc.)

(And could you also please include Mutagen Masses into that new new consideration?)

Edited by cittran

Many of us want to see Ducat value at end of mission reward screen. That seems to be a requirement at this point. I have a freaking printed out sheet to look up and the 10 seconds often screw me from making a informed decision.

This pales in comparison to not knowing if you have an item or not. Please DE give us a indicator showing how many of the item we already have in our inventory. Thank you.

1. I wonder what's the point of increasing the traces pool so much when we got avg. 10 per run ??

2. DE makes another effort to push people outside the grind wall with new traces fix

But maybe is a good thing. Im a one step close to leave this game for good.

I feel like DE really just wants to hold on to their guns on this one. People like farming fissures and they keep tweaking that repetitive, dumb mechanic (personally I really dislike how fissures work and it STILL is more farming than before), but the problem I see is that this is the only one thing to do at all anymore.

Splitting rewards and challenge/fun is the problem I see. The game has devolved to nothing but fissures and that's pure farming. There's nothing to be done within those fissures to have fun/challenge, it's just farming. Farming. Repeatedly. You can go play Survival and Defense now and get peanuts, candy and a crazy straw for rewards. You can't have both now, they made sure to create artificial replay value by making you farm and then making you play for fun IF YOU EVER do that anymore. A lot of people only do fissures now and fissures alone.

But hey, whatever. DE is perfect.

Mag Prime, Dakra Prime, and Boar Prime have returned to the Vault! With those items safe in the Prime Vault, the question becomes what will happen to their respective Relics. If you didn’t catch Devstream #77, their Relics will no longer be obtainable once those items are sealed in the Vault. For those that have the Relics in your inventory, you can continue to use them until you’ve exhausted your stockpile. 

A new AXI V3 RELIC will be obtainable in the wild that contains a mix of items from the vaulted Relics that contained Mag Prime, Dakra Prime, and Boar Prime. 

So then please don't call this a vault if they are still in drop tables.  We should really call this an imaginary temporary holding for people to have a reason to go to derelicts others than kavat farm/ vault runs, and you can still use your existing keys to farm for them.  

Well I must say this isn't exactly encouraging, and now I feel I wasted my time farming away for anything other than the one set I needed to get the vaulted imaginary temporary hold gear.

So umm yeah.  It really is a shame that we you guys can't really seem to get this right.  void 1.0 > void 2.0.

Changed how Simaris’ Synthesis Target Standing is decided in a group: you now get Standing if you have a Synthesis Scanner equipped, are actively playing, and it's your daily target or you are within shared XP range of the target.

So do you need the scanner in your gear, or actively in your hands instead of a weapon, to get rep?

19 minutes ago, Darkness_Dragon98 said:

So to anyone who really likes there relics wait until they patach a new bug I found. 
Im not like savy person and I don;t know where to put this but here is the bug.

- I join a AXI void fissure mission

- Pick AXI V1 (Intact) Relic

- Mission starts 

- Do mission full party finished objectives and finished the new get 10 reactant.

- The end screen with parts come up parts in this order Vauban chassis, Odonata harness, mag prime nuropits, and nothing 

- I can't pick a reward and it says I have no key

- Rage a little then go check to see if it took my key 

- Had 4 relics now have 3 and no prime part

-BTW got 20 void traces

Same thing here~ losing my relic and prime part for nothing?

The new void fissure system is pretty fun! i like the visual effects(the enemies may be too shiny at times) and i think this is a little more immersive than just camping a fissure spot. Although, its a little less interactive than before. 

Keep up the good work tho!

Really unhappy with specters of the rail in general now that I think about it. Why cant they get it right. It's all we want.

In summary, this will make specters of the rail good:

More than 1 reward per relic. At least 4, rotation based. Please.

People who play the game at DE probably want this anyway ^

This wasn't all based on player feedback. No one asked to get less stuff for their time and effort. 

1 void key is worth 4 relics. We got a 1:1 transformation.

TL;DR - Fissures are bad. Lets snap out of this delusion that it's better than keys before it buries Warframe for good.

Edited by BroPyp

1 hour ago, Shockwave- said:

yeah, I can think of 20 changes that are really bad, and not a single one that is good.

Well Kavats were kinda neat, but since Carrier is a thing, meh.

#BringBacktheVoid

If that happens they would have to revert the Star Chart back to 2.0 then undo all Focus System then undo Second Dream, Why? Beacuse when we pulled the moon out the void ended up in a colaspe beacuse the Lotus told us to undo things.

The story of Second Dream would have to be re-written.

1 hour ago, mdoucet said:

Doesn't look fixed. At max Syndicate rank, the titles of the missions still represent the first 3 tiers (versus the last three, eg. Principled, Authentic, Lawful instead of Lawful, Crusader, Maxim) and all missions reward between 3500-4000 standing instead of closer to 9k at the highest tier. When you say "XP" are you referring to the STANDING that the linked thread was about or the actual experience rewarded by the mission?

On an unrelated note, still waiting on a fix for scythes and polearms being holstered in the wrong position.

Yeah, we weren't complaining about the Affinity/XP rewards, we were complaining about the baseline Standing rewards from those missions. You know, the reason people do those missions at all? And it seems that the Affinity was "fixed" rather than the actual Standing from what I'm seeing.

Edited by Supernoobian

52 minutes ago, Gilmaesh said:

not really... Not everything went up

Some of the 20d parts are now 15p, some 50d are now 45d /15p and some 30d are 15d  and so on... You gain some ducats here but also lose some there, in the end you wouldn't have gain that much since most of the 100d parts are more useful in trade chat and weren't sold for ducats in the first place.

We would have gain ducats if we were told beforehand the new prices, we could have optimized. But that was not the case this time again.

Oh well...

[DE]Drew gave us this information 2 weeks ago in the Baro Ki'Teer PSA:

I made sure to sell all of my 50-Ducat Nyx Prime parts.

51 minutes ago, Majestid said:

Does this mean that Resource boosters WILL NOT AFFECT the traces you get? Then im sad i bought a booster. :p

They do. You can get up to 60 Void Traces with a resource booster.

26 minutes ago, hey_guess_what said:

So then please don't call this a vault if they are still in drop tables.  We should really call this an imaginary temporary holding for people to have a reason to go to derelicts others than kavat farm/ vault runs, and you can still use your existing keys to farm for them.  

Well I must say this isn't exactly encouraging, and now I feel I wasted my time farming away for anything other than the one set I needed to get the vaulted imaginary temporary hold gear.

So umm yeah.  It really is a shame that we you guys can't really seem to get this right.  void 1.0 > void 2.0.

I believe they mean the non-vaulted Prime parts found on the same relics as the vaulted Prime parts are being added to a new relic because they would be unobtainable otherwise.

1 hour ago, masterhobbes said:

Just have the first 10 reactants give the void relic unlock, every fissure after acts like if you DIDN'T have a relic and just getting 10 reactant for THOSE gave you another trace drop.

Kavats are good, movement system for archwing is good, new map has more advantages allowing for future planets and locations to be more easily added, instantly adding 13,000 more xp we can get through junction system, no longer needing to go to earth to look at moon missions, a marketplace that is faster to find what you need, repricing some items that were overpriced and changing what some things gave to better accommodate the game now, item linking in chat.

movement for archwing is bad, rather have the old movement back than the slidey movement you have now, no way to orient yourself, etc. It's ok for space missions, bad for tunnel missions and worse than the old system. The map change is a sidegrade for veterans, doesn't do much to change anything and is less userfriendly. No resources show, starts zoomed into random planets, harder to assign things like extractros (zoom in, zoom out zoom in zoom out). not bad, but only a graphics improvement. Who cares about moon missions on earth, lots of tilesets were the "moon" of the planets they were on, no big deal. Market is less intutive than before, and harder to find things, although the search function is a bonus but that could have just been added to the old one.

So yeah, broke alot, changed nothing that mattered.

43 minutes ago, Heatnix. said:

I feel like DE really just wants to hold on to their guns on this one. People like farming fissures and they keep tweaking that repetitive, dumb mechanic (personally I really dislike how fissures work and it STILL is more farming than before), but the problem I see is that this is the only one thing to do at all anymore.

Splitting rewards and challenge/fun is the problem I see. The game has devolved to nothing but fissures and that's pure farming. There's nothing to be done within those fissures to have fun/challenge, it's just farming. Farming. Repeatedly. You can go play Survival and Defense now and get peanuts, candy and a crazy straw for rewards. You can't have both now, they made sure to create artificial replay value by making you farm and then making you play for fun IF YOU EVER do that anymore. A lot of people only do fissures now and fissures alone.

But hey, whatever. DE is perfect.

Hardly any challange in a Void Defense when you have a Frost with snowglobe and other warframes. It was not hard that I hit wave 40 as Frost Solo on Void Defense.

2 minutes ago, UltimateGrenninja said:

Hardly any challange in a Void Defense when you have a Frost with snowglobe and other warframes. It was not hard that I hit wave 40 as Frost Solo on Void Defense.

40 solo is hard, sorry, there was certainly challenge there. Getting to 20 was hard for younger players, but a T4 def to 40 got a little hard, to 60 was quite a challenge. Same with survivial. It was challenging for all but the most meta of builds.

Now farming primes is like playing flag football, it's easy mode, and boring as hell.