Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: Hotfix 13

[DE]Megan

11 hours ago, Alenn_Tax said:

Hahahaha ! ... You wish, like I did, but no.

Still no fixes for the missing vanished enemy codex entries, either.

Nor for the nightmare missions, or archwing research costs, or ... well, I still got further complaint about the update but quite frankly, ATM, I don't feel like DE (or anybody else) actually cares about feedback, so I don't see why I should bother.

Edit: any reasons as for why my post was edited to remove the (at)[DE]Megan I typed ? Also, I believe my post is not the only one ...

@DE: Could you please answer me, why was my post edited ?

1 hour ago, -AM-Akimuro said:

Damn. I feel like i'm being trolled with this hotfix.

Could you guys clarify with your equation.

There is a lot difference on numbers when computed.

• Void Traces cap is now Mastery Rank based (100 + 50 * MR). This is equation is a lie

Example. (100 + 50) * 18 MR = 2700 Void Traces Cap.

Real Equation based on MDAS

([50* MR] + 100) = Void Traces Cap which means if your MR is 18 then you only get 1000 Void Traces Cap not 2700.

P.S.

Sorry DE. Just Clarifying everything. Next Time, Clarify your equations to avoid confusion. :) 

Multiplication is applied before addition, so their formula holds true...

getting kicked offlien after finishing a misson and logging back on to find out that all the rewards i got i actually didnt.......  also broken weapons.... last time i check melee weapons dont "jam"  so when im suppose to be at 2.5 attack speed and im mashing the button but nothing is happening something is wrong.

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Specters of the Rail: Hotfix 13

As for Baro Ki’Teer and his upcoming goodies this week, his prices have been adjusted to better suit Relics. The values that we will initially be looking at are:

• Common slotted Items (15)
  • Uncommon slotted items (45)
  • Rare slotted items (100)

These testing values are highly subject to change. Please, plan and spend accordingly. 

Changes

• Planet Nav Segments can now be sold for 5 Credits due to them no longer required to progress through the new Star Chart. 

Void Fissure Changes

We’ve been reading a lot of constructive feedback on Relics, Fissures and the like since Specters of the Rail shipped. With your suggestions and comments in place, we are continuing to tweak Void Fissures/Relics where necessary with the aim to reduce repetition issues and tie this mechanic into the lore of Warframe. The Void is an entity that corrupts, and Void Fissures are no different. 

There is no longer just one 'Void Fissure', Void Fissures can occur again and again as the Void's corrupting energy tears through the Solar System. Fissures now spawn dynamically throughout the level near groups of enemies. The Fissure will corrupt any nearby enemies immediately after spawning. This buffs the enemy, and resets their health/shields. It will also spawn a couple Orokin units along with them, some being Eximus after a certain amount of Fissures. Fissures despawn after a period of time.

The corrupted and newly spawned Orokin units have a chance to drop Reactant, which are auto pickups (no more context action). Once you collect enough, you qualify for the Void Projection reward, and one of your weapons or your Warframe will be buffed for a short period of time based on Era of Void Relic brought. You will be given a random amount of Void Trace as well after collecting enough Reactant. Fissures will continue to spawn throughout the mission.

• Void Traces cap is now Mastery Rank based (100 + 50 * MR).
  • Reactant marker now uses the Void Tear icon. The marker is only visible if players don't have enough Reactant.
  • Reactant uses a drop range (kill x amount for guaranteed drop) instead of drop chance.
  • “Endless” Void Fissure missions are now truly endless with the exception of Defense and Interception. 
  • Your Equipped Relic information will now be shown in the Squad info dropdown box (where Equipped Dragon keys appears).
  • *Traces are given when you get 10/10 Reactant (no relic needed) and rewarded at End of Mission (between a range of 6-30).

So long story short, Wouldnt it be easier to just reduce baro prices, rather than destroying the ducat system. Dont know in which world this reduces grind, not in this world atleast. So some of the things are increased from 10 to 15 like akbronco BP and people going yahoo great etc. Though most of them dont realise that means Saryn sys, trinity sys etc has been reduced to 15 from 50. ( only i lost over 500 ducats for this, don know others), 

yahoo we can sell for 100 ducats yeah!!! big deal ! 100 ducats are the prices for stuff people dont sell to ducat kiosk, i mean who wil sell vauban chasis or ASH bp, sys , nikana parts for ducats? either he is crazy or too rich ! So in short DE is trying to tell us.. Be a good boy go to fissure, get traces, make radiant, get rare drops and sell for ducats. IF u want plats well then dont sell them for ducats. IF u want more ducats u hav to make the bp into stuff like we always do for nyx system. So basically u have to waste more resources and credit now. YEAH !! less grind!! 

Now lets see the fissure system, so instead of 10 traces now u need 40 if u r in a 4 man squad, trace gain is max 30 hmmm less grind ..  Endless mission with one puny reward hmmm... Nice. But Still better than before as i dont hav to go looking for it and i go fissure with sy simulor (cal me wateva u want i dont care, my time is valuable to me), so really cudnt care less. But max traces is 30 per relic and now that u have to make more radiants for rare drop if u wanna go shoppin in baromart, so it comes down to 10 relic use is 3 radiant if all missions u get 30 (max i got til now is 29 out of 3-4 missions so dont know the mechanics of that yet) SO thank you again for killing the endless mission types. Cause as i said like me, a lot of players care for their time input and we will not waste 60 mins survival for one reward where we can do 10-11 survivals for 5 mins each and get that many more rewards.

Sorry to be Rude, but did u even look at the player feedback, all asked to reduce baro prices not ducat nerf, as it doesnt solve the credit problem. But well looks like u guys took  a different path. Wat can i say just remember u make people grind more they wil burn out faster, just look at some of the other MMO's and see why they lost DECADE old players in millions (including this one)

1 hour ago, -AM-Akimuro said:

Damn. I feel like i'm being trolled with this hotfix.

Could you guys clarify with your equation.

There is a lot difference on numbers when computed.

• Void Traces cap is now Mastery Rank based (100 + 50 * MR). This is equation is a lie

Example. (100 + 50) * 18 MR = 2700 Void Traces Cap.

Real Equation based on MDAS

([50* MR] + 100) = Void Traces Cap which means if your MR is 18 then you only get 1000 Void Traces Cap not 2700.

P.S.

Sorry DE. Just Clarifying everything. Next Time, Clarify your equations to avoid confusion. :) 

lmaoo go back to school

12 hours ago, PhoeniixFiire said:

Thanks for the update DE, the changes to void fissures sounds promising. Unfortunately, I now have some things to complain about.

Still no fix for:

- Enemy Ignis' range being seemingly infinite and not being hindered by walls. I know we can shoot enemies through walls with it, but for enemies to be able to do it is completely broken. For a single Hyekka Master to be able to knock down nearly an entire squad almost instantaneously, and to be able to get us before we even hear/see her, it's absolutely ridiculous. Please fix this, it's incredibly annoying.

- Not entirely sure if this is a bug, but non-bullet based weapons seem to be unaffected by Zephyr's Turbulence. I was getting one-shot by Ignis', Ogris', missiles from grineer Hellion's, etc. I don't recall this being the case before, and it basically makes the ability useless once those types of enemies spawn.

- Smeeta Kavats only having an ugly pug-like face. I obviously haven't incubated a Kavat since this hotfix, but I assume this hasn't changed because it's not in the update notes. DE, this needs to be fixed. I have 1 Adarza that looks perfectly fine, and 4 Smeeta that all have that hideous butthole of a face and practically no ears. I want a normal looking Smeeta gosh dangit!

- Archwing movement being way too imprecise and difficult to control. It feels like rolling a bowling ball around rather than flying an awesome space-mech. It feels like it just has a single thruster in the back and no maneuvering thrusters. Also, shooting a gun while flying any direction besides the direction you're shooting looks absolutely $&*&*#(%&. Bullets cannot take 90 degree turns after leaving the barrel of a gun...and it looks stupid whenever it happens. I want the original strafing/aiming back please, and a lot of other players do too.

My 2 smeeta's are fine, buy my Azarza one looks like a bunghole =/

13 hours ago, Hemmo67 said:

and so public sessions will end up in host migrations because u did not bring what host would have wanted u to bring

*closes public mathcmaking forever*

Happened twice for me already in less than 10 mins....

since this is likely to be the only sort of thing to get noticed, with the new map, especially on jupiter for the missions at cameria and adrastea, can we darken the planet/background, move the missions, or improve the icons for missions? its bright behind making the icons effectively impossible to see.

other notables that are easy to see are special mission icons on uranus for ophelia and cressida. pluto, oceanum. europa orias, morax.

its fine with the blue for incomplete, or small white diamond for no special mission status, but anything else and i start wishing for a mission list more like the hotbar layout than the starmap, badly, simply for clarity.

worth noting is this also affects some of the popup mission description texts, especially the portions on the semitransparent gray background in numerous places making it partially unreadable as well.

12 hours ago, ZanderSmite said:

it appears that they are focused on what they specifically talked about during the dev stream.. and not taking notice of the other issues... they are actually making it harder for newer players to access frames and weps. It will take them much longer to grind for the gear.. and dont let me talk about the credit costs to build stuff.. I have some newer players in my clan, and they mainly talk about the costs of stuff,and how they dont have enough credits to build what they want, and just to get to 1mill credits takes for ever now, and they will not be able to trade the Prime mods if they wanted to, because of the lack of funds, DE please fix this so your player base wont drop, and you wont have that look that you do not listen to feed back.

I have that problem :(

Buying something from the Baro seems impossible conisdering you have to save for crafting and mods and its easier to get prime stuff that to build them

For the love of this game we really enjoyed BEFORE this update, please leave it ! 

Player drop is the only significant value for DE to think about reverting this.

The purpose of SoR is about making the game harder to progress free. At the cost of the mostloved aspects of the game.

We can resist before it spreads to console version and become worse after that.

TBH even with all these attempts to fix things, my disenchantment since "Specters of the Rail" is continuing to grow. Progress is a good thing, but I am just not feeling the direction that the Dev's want to go in anymore. As a Founder, I've been around in this game for quite a while and have logged over 2400 hours playing.  It saddens me to see it becoming not as much fun as it was because of the recent changes. It almost feels like a bait and switch. Maybe its time for me to begin considering other games? It's quite aggravating because I feel DE had a winner the way it was.  My only hope is that something miraculous happens to cause the Dev's to rethink where they are trying to go.

Edited by Chesty_Puller
punctuation edited

" Fissures now spawn dynamically throughout the level near groups of enemies '"

So now we can have zero cooperation - just long random running around and lost exp. Some people doesn't like to wait, so if you are slower then you can end up without any reward, and because of this it's better to use faster warframes and there is 0 time to open crates.

14 hours ago, BroPyp said:

That's what I gathered from the Neo relic I cracked open. I got 10 reactant, got my buff, but couldn't extract because my squad didn't have 10 reactant as well. 

And Void Traces don't drop as a resource now, it is just awarded directly to you after getting 10 reactant. Random number between 6 and 30, and not even sure a resource booster would buff that. Someone test it maybe?

Also, after you get your first drop of traces from the fissure, you are not getting another one after that (unless you get a whopping 3 after someone chooses your reward).

So like I said, this endless fissures thing is just a gimmick and not rewarding at all. If anything, it's less rewarding.

Hmmm i could extract. Like my friend picked up 1 reactant we both had 0 and the counter increased to 1 for both of us. in each mission. same with pugs