[DE]Megan

Specters of the Rail: Hotfix 13

Just now, .-KG-..-Ragulab-. said:

But not in a capture mission which is supposed to be rushed through

Only while you're chasing the target, which isn't very long.

11 minutes ago, .-KG-..-Ragulab-. said:

But not in a capture mission which is supposed to be rushed through

I suspect Capture missions are going to go the way of Sabotage or Deception soon enough.

On 26.7.2016 at 8:38 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Specters of the Rail: Hotfix 13

• Fixed the ‘Vay Hek Frequency Triangulator’ missions appearing for players that still have the key in their inventory. 

Whould be atleast nice that we then could sell the leftover key in the inventory if we now can not use them any longer. Or convert those, jsut maybe, into Mutagen Nav Coordinates or Mutated Alad V Keys, since this ones you still can use atleast.

Switching chat tabs with the star map up consistently brings up some mission selection; missions not necessarily present on the planet the map has up, and regardless of the fact that you clicked a chat tab icon, not any mission nodes on the map. Quite irksome.

New system is boring and repetative as everything else but It also doesn't work and probably will never work properly... What is better about it? Lost EXP? Lost reward? Lack of cooperation? Standing and waiting for people?  I can understand that it can be good for solo players because it's harder to find fissure when you play alone but that's all...

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Arniox said:

71bced27191f03b4c39d35095df0d876.jpg

325106de9f643ba61d4a9dc819d06cee.jpg

When did the 'new' alerts, red number change? I don't remember patch notes on this? Is this a bugg?

Lol noticed that yesterday, spent like 10 minutes trying to adjust the color settings on my monitor. Finally asked a friend and they said they noticed too. Proceeded to slam my head against my desk.

• Upvote 3

The new system lacks a lot of polish but it's a much better basis than endless repetitive void runs. They just need to work on making them more dynamic but accessible at the same time.

Another extra awesome thing.

I start Hellas (Mars) Level 13-15 - Exterminate- Grineer - Lith Fissure. I was killing mobs taking reactant till the moment i kill all Grineer mobs and fissure got CLOSSED and i was not possible to continue further and take 10 reactant, i was stay like 10 min and nothing happen, even syndicate show up and Fissure was still close. I let syndicate kill me and nothing happen, so the only possible thing i had to do was to extract and finish the mission with ... nothing.

Be careful boys its a TRAP or BUG ?

Spoiler

So DE  ...

Edited by Rubicon2.0

So got an interesting bug here. Was working on a new loka defense mission, and down to the last enemy and 3 waves. Still sitting in it, the guy won't die, neither I or comp help can dmg him. My partner who is in the mission with me apparently cant even see the enemy on his screen........so we are waiting it out seeing if he was auto die or if we are gonna have to sit here forever. 

Edited by Stella.Ferox
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DEATHLORE said:

New system is boring and repetative as everything else but It also doesn't work and probably will never work properly... What is better about it? Lost EXP? Lost reward? Lack of cooperation? Standing and waiting for people?  I can understand that it can be good for solo players because it's harder to find fissure when you play alone but that's all...

I don't see the issue with the new system, it works nicely, need some improvement for endless missions but that would be it. Standing around waiting for other people? I guess you had the bad luck of finding noobs or people that still don't know about this system because the reactant drop a lot even in capture I don't have to stand around because there are too many. The only time I have to wait for someone is when they start mid mission and even then I mark the ones that are behind to speed the process.

1 hour ago, Rubicon2.0 said:

Another extra awesome thing.

I start Hellas (Mars) Level 13-15 - Exterminate- Grineer - Lith Fissure. I was killing mobs taking reactant till the moment i kill all Grineer mobs and fissure got CLOSSED and i was not possible to continue further and take 10 reactant, i was stay like 10 min and nothing happen, even syndicate show up and Fissure was still close. I let syndicate kill me and nothing happen, so the only possible thing i had to do was to extract and finish the mission with ... nothing.

Be careful boys its a TRAP or BUG ?

Hide contents

So DE  ...

Most likely a bug. Never happened to me. Now that I think about it, I am very lucky because I almost never find bugs but I always see in the forum a lot of posts about bugs.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Cryostasisprotoss said:

I don't see the issue with the new system, it works nicely, need some improvement for endless missions but that would be it. Standing around waiting for other people? I guess you had the bad luck of finding noobs or people that still don't know about this system because the reactant drop a lot even in capture I don't have to stand around because there are too many. The only time I have to wait for someone is when they start mid mission and even then I mark the ones that are behind to speed the process.

Most likely a bug. Never happened to me. Now that I think about it, I am very lucky because I almost never find bugs but I always see in the forum a lot of posts about bugs.

The new system was quite boring already, but it was made even worse since Hotfix 13. I used to be able to get between 25 - 50 void traces per run with two other people who were using Ivara and Necros. Now I hear that it's completely random and the most you can get is 30. Who wants to spend even more time farming traces? I sure don't.

Edited by ElSyd
  • Upvote 2

I love the current implementation of Fissures, please keep working to make them better and thank you for the quick iteration on them.  The current implementation is far more interesting than the previous hunt-the-extractor-mode.  Though, I do look forward to having more than one available at a time for Lith and sometimes Meso fissures.

Wishlist for the next patch:

Please put a little colored dot (bronze, silver or gold) in the corner/on the bottom of items and blueprints so we can quickly figure out on the selection screen if the item is a common, an uncommon, or a rare drop.  It will be a long while before I memorize all of the drop tables for all of the relics and I would hate to pass up on a rare drop because I didn't recognize it.  Prior to the last patch it didn't matter as much but now I'm asked to pick something in 10 seconds at the end of the mission and most of the time it's stuff I don't care about yet so I randomly take an item while I could easily be skipping something significantly more valuable because I don't have enough time to check.  Honestly any indication to rarity would be nice but updating the icons means that trading is much faster as well.  Using multiple dots to show fissure level would be a nice to have as well.  Mods already do this with their boarder color and rank markers so it would bring more consistency to the interface as well.

Please add to the mission info on the mission selection screen some way of knowing what Warframe a boss drops so you can at least try to find it using in game resources before running to the wiki or relying on other players.

Please make it so it's always worth more to build an item before selling it to Baro rather than having to reference the wiki.

Honestly the biggest issue for new player retention is how much information is wiki-gated at this point, and that wiki is Ad-f'ing-horrible without adblocker.  I'm not comfortable trading without doing a fair bit of research and I can only do that on the PC's I've installed ADBlocker on as single page can easily eat 4 gigs of memory making it near impossible to open more than one without the computer strangling itself on video ads...

• Upvote 1

Can we use resource boosters for the traces? Because if not trace farming is worse than before by a long shot.

12 minutes ago, ElSyd said:

The new system was quite boring already, but it was made even worse since Hotfix 13. I used to be able to get between 25 - 50 void traces per run with two other people who were using Ivara and Necros. Now I hear that it's completely random and the most you can get is 30. Who wants to spend even more time farming traces? I sure don't.

The resource booster work for traces and now you can use whatever frame you want, you no longer need to ivara or nekros. I can go with equinox if I want. I don't know if I am lucky but up until now the lowest I received was 15 traces. 

The missions are different every two hours, that give variety and I don't know about you but I like playing the game so I don't know what you play.

I play alerts, fissures mission, forma some weapons, complete the sortie, sometimes do syndicate mission. I don't play raids because my internet is not that good.

DE should do something for endless mission. That needs some work. Maybe as someone in this tread said no idea who, be able able to choose a reward every rotation C.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cryostasisprotoss said:

The resource booster work for traces and now you can use whatever frame you want, you no longer need to ivara or nekros. I can go with equinox if I want. I don't know if I am lucky but up until now the lowest I received was 15 traces. 

The missions are different every two hours, that give variety and I don't know about you but I like playing the game so I don't know what you play.

I play alerts, fissures mission, forma some weapons, complete the sortie, sometimes do syndicate mission. I don't play raids because my internet is not that good.

DE should do something for endless mission. That needs some work. Maybe as someone in this tread said no idea who, be able able to choose a reward every rotation C.

That is most excellent. I didn't have to use a resource booster before, but now I have been granted the opportunity to be relieved of my platinum.

• Upvote 1

On 2016/7/27 at 7:44 AM, aerosoul1337 said:

It's still bugged.

I am at the highest level of Steel Meridian (general).

But the mission level and reward are wrong:

5hku6Kz.jpg

Syndicate reward is still bugged, this doesn't match the highest rank (General of Meridian).

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ElSyd said:

That is most excellent. I didn't have to use a resource booster before, but now I have been granted the opportunity to be relieved of my platinum.

You don't need to, you still get enough. Before max I could get between 20 to 40 if I was lucky with a nekros and ivara with booster, I even went with a atlas to boost it up more, now I get around 15 to 30 everytime. Imagine running a capture mission alone with a ember or maim equinox in the lowest level fissure. You get a lot pretty fast.

Also I don't know about you but I don't always need to boost my relics. Are you telling me that you always need the rare one?.

All in all is better. As I said only endless mission need some work.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, WhyNotBro said:

Sorry i am kinda lazy to find a proves to my words, but! I saw several guys were looking any info about the current state of this game  is it open beta or released. They have found only 1-2 mentions about this is a beta. On forum topic created years ago. Dunno, seems like it is not an open beta already.

P.S Good dream, man :D

In the last Devstream, [DE]Steve mentioned that this is still open beta.

48 minutes ago, Cano_Lathra said:

Doesn't matter what he calls it, cash shop marks the end of beta.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, PigeonFish said:

They never intended for people to rush through every mission as quickly as possible. It's not the system that's broken, it's the players. This is why they've done things like nerfing Draco, Spy exp, and mission credit rewards. They're trying to encourage people to play through the content. Impatience is being penalized.

We're patient! See video of how to do Axi Survival now. Once you've collected your 10 Reactants, stand around, and ignore the rest of the mission. We're only there for the Fissure. The rest is just an afterthought. Wait until the Exit is available, extract and WIN!!! Haven't had this much fun ever!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzlLV0sYkIy2azlXUWdGQWEtaVk

Edited by cx-dave
corrected quote source

Thanks for your continued work and for the sweet changes :) Really like them.

Posted this a while back though:

Chesa Kubrows are still not working as they once were. Ever since early February of this year my Chesa and many others have become very lazy. From a technical standpoint they are not triggering their equipped precepts, preferring to either attack close enemies or stand still and do nothing. They do trigger Retrieve and Scavenge when no enemies are around though. Is this intentional or is it a bug?

Still no change. Is there anyway to know if this is even on your radar DE?

Would really like this fixed as it ruins one of the now 7 "end game" compainions.

the new void system is FANTASTIC. super happy with the cap tied to rank, and that there is no time limit. everything about the new void fissure system is awesome. well done.

just need to fix some polearm stances and ill be happy lol

12 minutes ago, BIueKnight said:

Would really like this fixed as it ruins one of the now 7 "end game" compainions.

7? I would imagine one is chesa kubrow as you said.

The one everyone loves but I don't like carrier.

The two kavats.

The kubrow hurass and the kubrow raksa.

I think I am missing one or am I completely wrong?

Edited by Cryostasisprotoss

The reactant collection really needs to work so that either anyone collecting them progresses the fissure (like survival works) regardless of range apart, or alternatively each player has their own instances of reactants (like all other dropped loot).

While traces need to be more 20-30 drop range (this means that even if you get the lowest amount its only half a mission less than someone getting the highest base, not some 4-5 missions less).  This still means players need 3-5 missions to get 100 traces, thus the same number of missions as an invasion reward.

Ideally any further reactants (after the ten) that are left could be collected for more traces (1:1 seems fair, they are from the fissure and directly tied to the relics after all), thus giving more reasons to stay in missions longer.

20 hours ago, Arniox said:

71bced27191f03b4c39d35095df0d876.jpg

325106de9f643ba61d4a9dc819d06cee.jpg

When did the 'new' alerts, red number change? I don't remember patch notes on this? Is this a bugg?

The new ones look like a bug where the number is getting highlighted in red and shouldn't be, while the previous ones look intentional because of the hex, thus giving it a more polished look overall.

2 hours ago, Cano_Lathra said:

Oh i missed it :D Anyway, 1 mention per year doesn't set this game as an open beta. All not-realeased-yet games have " open beta" / "early access" etc. markers, Warframe does not have.

Edited by WhyNotBro