Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Persian" Kavats

Auramaru

that's a slap right int he face... except for some people with a very very unique taste 

im so happy my Adarva and Smeeta Kavats have the nive Face.... 

Kavat breeding is so expensive... 100k only for the power core..t hen all the wait ( or cash to rush ) and if you get that face.. wow....its like punishment

21 minutes ago, DiePainPain said:

I just came across this video about "unusual" teens, and maybe after watching this players can be more accepting on how their kavat look

Hide contents

giphy.gif

KILL IT WITH FIRE !

Edited by Vyra

1 minute ago, RobWasHere said:

file_2676_persian-460x290-460x290.jpg

?

the difference is the fur in this case and the short neck.

THe kavat version has a realy long neck with that face, without any fur and a bit longer falling upper lips... makes it look scarry..

Well I rushed my first Kavat, and I didn't get an ugly face. My second Kavat also didn't get an ugly face. Both of them were Adarza and were rushed, so I went to get a Smeeta. Didn't rush it this time, and guess what, THAT FACE APPEARED, luckily someone wanted the colors and tail so I traded it for his prints. Sold the prints he gave me so I can buy more codes, and breed another Kavat. Luckily this time it wasn't an ugly face.

IMO farming stuff for plat and buying the codes is way easier than farming it themselves.

My first kavat had that face. It was a Smeeta so I sucked it up and leveled it to 30 before tossing it into the blender (in case RNGesus decided to punish me and not give me a Smeeta ever again). Then I farmed more codes, got only 9, bought the remaining 1 and prayed fervorously for 24h. Then I prayed for mercy some more in the final seconds before maturing it. Got a beautiful Adarza with the feathered ears and turquoise eyes (my favourite) and named her Mercy. Took her to a mission the other day and this fella asked me if people like the arrowtail on a kavat. I was like 'u wot'.

YES! After getting that fishface first OF COURSE I LIKE THE ARROWTAIL OF MY SECOND KAVAT.

Edited by DerMetzgermeister

6 hours ago, XRosenkreuz said:

Fun Fact: Your taste in cats isn't everyone's taste in cats. Personally, I like the ears.

6 hours ago, War-Zone said:

what ears?

Fun Fact: it's not a cat, it's a dog

Fun Facts:

• Because some people think that this cat looks ugly, this cat still exists. And will continue to exist. Your opinion does not matter.
  • You made it. It's your child. If you think his face is ugly, well... genetics.
  • That face is actually hilarious.
  • It really is a cat.

8 minutes ago, at35z said:

Fun Facts:

• Because some people think that this cat looks ugly, this cat still exists. And will continue to exist. Your opinion does not matter.
  • You made it. It's your child. If you think his face is ugly, well... genetics.
  • That face is actually hilarious.
  • It really is a cat.

more fun facts:

Mine and everyones opinion here does matter, how do you think any changes get made... based on player opinion. like fissures for example.
I made it, I destroyed it like it deserved. It's face begged death.
and no, it's NOT actually a cat. it's some sort of futuristic cat-like creature ;)

A couple of broad things here to be addressed:

1) Art feedback is completely valid and will be passed along to the team for sure!
2) Art conspiracy is not valid. Art imitates life, and it's worth mentioning the Kavats draw reference from real felines. This particular face... well, it's from the undisputed most popular cat breed in the world: the Persian. The Persian has 'held the number one spot since the CFA started recording breed popularity in 1871.'

Sources:
http://cats.petbreeds.com/stories/1598/americas-favorite-felines#10
https://www.purina.com/cats/cat-breeds/collections/most-popular-cat-breeds
http://www.catster.com/cat-breeds/most-popular-cat-breeds

Chinchilla.jpg

1 minute ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Chinchilla.jpg

The differecne beeing a persian cat is fluffy and small in most cases , where the face fits.

The Kavats are tall , big and long, where the face... sadly doesnt fit, makes the face look sloggy hanging down.... Moreover the kavats dont look as fluffy as a persian cat. (personally, i like persian cats, but not the kavat version)

The difference being that the Kavat which is supposed to look like a Persian looks nothing like one. Furthermore, local trends must be analyzed. I have yet to see a Persian cat in real life on the west coast of the USA and most people I know own cats.

The cats I see the most are tabbys, tuxedos, calicos, maine coons, or russian blues with the occasional abyssinians, burmese, or himalayan, rarely siamese.

Edited by mrecentric