Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Persian" Kavats

Auramaru

Same thing happened to me, also made a topic. In the end, I decided to keep it - I also got a beautiful long eared smeeta with a different tail, and then suddenly it felt like having two different was okay. The only thing that freaks me out is that the kitten has longer ears than the adult, makes it seem like you really did chop them off D:

Come on, DE. I get what you're getting at, diversity of cat-like features, but really. These Short eared-kavats with the flopped stubs and their mangled looking faces are just plain hideous! A design, I think, that was never even shown during the Devstream, giving us the impression Kavats would be long-eared in general.

The thin, lithe body does not sync well with this kind of smudged face-to-glass Persian face (now if the body was fuzzier and bulkier that COULD sort of fit better) as it is, but the floppy short ears just makes it look even more goofier, like something went wrong in the incubation process or we Tenno scanned particularly defective DNA.

And the worst thing that bothers me is how ALL Kavat kittens look exactly the same until they are matured into adulthood! What happens during the process, does the kitten molt its ears off, or do they atrophy into those things? And why does its long feline face get hit with the ugly board on the way to adulthood?

My friend really wanted a long-eared Kavat and thought it was guaranteed because she saw her kitten's long ears. Then she matured her kavat and guess what happened.

Come on, DE. At least make the kitten's face and ears match the adult ears if there's going to be such a drastic difference, or make the short-eared Kavat have the same face as the medium and long kavats, and with pointy short ears that at least extend for about five inches or so.

Seeing alot of the general sentiment, I think the short-eared design and face is well on the way to becoming a pariah.

2 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

I ended up with a grumpy cat

XD

Ugh, forget that meme. We just need the normal Kavat face and at least 5 inches of pointy ear and the short eared version would be a tremendous improvement over this sad looking thing.

1 minute ago, RS219 said:

Ugh, forget that meme. We just need the normal Kavat face and at least 5 inches of pointy ear and the short eared version would be a tremendous improvement over this sad looking thing.

+1

and something like this?

23D6C5D400000578-2864212-Her_follow_up_b

20130915-191127.jpg#ActualImage

fbtnyxyfohih5svauz0w.jpg#ActualImage

hqdefault.jpg#ActualImage

grumpy_cat_poster_i_love_math_it_makes_p

Who ever made these memes read my mind XD

5 minutes ago, BiomiZ said:

What is that face? xD 

It's what unlucky Kavat owners get hit with. The short-eared version that's so ugly, when the patch initially came out everyone thought it was a hideous bug. Turns out it's not.

2 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

+1

and something like this

Who ever made these memes read my mind XD

I got your point by the first picture already. Please don't flood the thread with meme pictures. I'd like a serious discussion on how this is a painfully flawed face that desperately needs a rework.

Edited by RS219

1 minute ago, RS219 said:

It's what unlucky Kavat owners get hit with. The short-eared version that's so ugly, when the patch initially came out everyone thought it was a hideous bug. Turns out it's not.

Rip. I'm suppose i'm fortunate enough that both my kavats have long ears. 

1 minute ago, BiomiZ said:

Rip. I'm suppose i'm fortunate enough that both my kavats have long ears. 

That's good to hear. I'm going to have to help my friend get a new Kavat. This has been another strike on her, especially since DE decided to go and censor loadout names.

I swear, DE made the short face to force people to keep farming for a kavat that doesn't look hideous, and to tempt others to go pay plat to get more shots at a non-ugly Kavat.

3 minutes ago, RS219 said:

I got your point by the first picture already. Please don't flood the thread with meme pictures. I'd like a serious discussion on how this is a painfully flawed face that desperately needs a rework.

AWWW ok

I hope DE do some sort of face rework, that thing is haunting my dreams and you can't breed them that fast as well to get rid of nightmare fuel thingy that only belongs to horror movie :'(

3 hours ago, Prinny13 said:

I know that pain :'(

JzjDGZO.jpg

I ended up with a grumpy cat

4IaGXmg.jpg

XD

The thought of me POSSIBLY getting something this hideous-err... I mean adorable.... keeps me up art night *stares at own incubator pad at the kavat staring back at me* "I didn't mean it"... *First chance I get I'm getting the witches armor to cover that face*

For me it actually looks like someone beheaded a Kavat, and stitched in a head of a short faced normal cat. :D
It looks blown out of proportion.

Meanwhile I'm trying to get a cat with features I like most, but no luck, of course :C

18 minutes ago, Lady_Symphonia said:

He is my little boy :)

This is a thread about unfortunate players who got stuck with an ugly deformed kavat and a request to change and at least improve the face if not the ears, not a thread to show your unaffected Kavat. I'm sure there's another thread elsewhere for you to take these pictures to.

Edited by RS219

I agree. It is hideous. Grumpy cat looks 1000000x better...

My first kavat was like this. Needles to say I put it in the freezer and made another out of the extra DNA i had farmed for the next...luckily my second one looks great (minus the pink energy color...ugh...)

Edited by Demon.King

5 minutes ago, RS219 said:

This is a thread about unfortunate players who got stuck with an ugly deformed kavat and a request to change and at least improve the face if not the ears, not a thread to show your unaffected Kavat. I'm sure there's another thread elsewhere for you to take these pictures to.

It's okay sorry.

1 minute ago, Lady_Symphonia said:

It's okay sorry.

It's fine. Just read and understand the general context of the thread before posting. That's a lovely kavat by the way, if you can make Genetic Templates of it I'm sure you can sell them for decent plat.

1 minute ago, Neptlude said:

I actually want this...

Its based off scottish fold cats >_<

The ears alone, yes. The fat, pudgy Persian face on this really thin body, though... do you want that? Honestly I kind of agree with Arkvold up there, it wouldn't look so bad if it didn't... quoting him... look as if it had played a game of chicken with a dump truck and lost.

Just now, RS219 said:

The ears alone, yes. The fat, pudgy Persian face on this really thin body, though... do you want that? Honestly I kind of agree with Arkvold up there, it wouldn't look so bad if it didn't... quoting him... look as if it had played a game of chicken with a dump truck and lost.

Yes I would still want it =w=.