[DE]Drew

PS4: Specters of the Rail Update Status [Deploying August 16th]

12 hours ago, (PS4)Anubis-stigma- said:

-Snip-

I'm a vet since before PS4 was even a thing, 2000+hrs on PS4 alone, and I never, ever run to the forums crying over updates. There are far too many people forever whining about this game, when nobody wants to understand how things actually work. You just want want want. Obviously everybody wants more and more content. But things happen. And being in software development myself, it is entirely insulting every time I see people on here saying DE doesn't care, console gamers are treated like second class citizens (lol), DE is a bunch of liars, blah blah. Deal with it, acknowledge *why* things are the way they are, or even take a break if you have to. But the toxicity levels in these forums is far worse than any wait for a client update. And it is like this every.single.time.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, (PS4)slayerserenity said:

I can't believe this community is being divided and some Tenno's telling other Tenno's to delete the game and don't play it. Last time I check we all have rights to speak our minds and this is not Destiny(Bungie).

It just that we all want answers and the way we get answers is not right to the point. The parties who are responsible for Xbox1 & PS4 threads are not responding even for a "Hello" "This is how much we work on" etc...

Most of us have paid for platinum and that makes us paying customers. A company big or small should have out communication. 

I don't know how DE work properties are but all staff should care about all platforms. 

As for the updates we should get it as promise unless DE are focusing on other things and divided the staff up where a small team 1-3 is working on console but who knows.

Personally think if PC have their update(s) then it's time for DE to focus more on consoles update. 

On side note I won't win platinum cause I speak my mind. 

Lets all get along and allow Tenno's to say what is on their mind, comments, opinions cause its their way of expressing themselves. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)maxspik said:

Exactly,l call The profit for DE.

(NOTE. since I saw that post with others fighting about being 'noob' and downplaying their right to express an opinion by bringing up time spent, I'm very close to MR21 and have over 1000 hrs in, For reference.  And after this post I'm probably not coming back here. I'll just wait for update parts 2, 3, 4, in the coming Years and buy a PS5 while at it. --its 4 parts now see below--)

Agree.  What is with these increasing Delays?  Like others said, many on this board are also paying customers. Myself included, so I do feel a need to speak out and let them know, and its not just me.  I gave the console version of WF my real money to support the game and the paychecks of these developers, and now PC seems to get even more attention while console gets the shaft more frequently and for longer duration. 

Heck, Drew hasn't even updated his post like he said he would! And he made this topic in July.  "I'll keep this updated!" right.  Maybe their parent company over in China (bought DE out in 2015) told them to screw the console people since PC gaming is most predominant in that country.  Terrible theory, but there's nothing much to do atm on console anyway. Hence more people are coming here, waiting for at least a word from Drew. 

Question, why is it for other 3rd party/multiplatform games, that DLC comes out at the SAME TIME? PC+console. Like Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 for ex.  Far Harbor came out everyone on the same day. it didn't have massive delays weeks or months for console. same for majority of games.  I know of the usual "CERT time" answer from the usual moderators here. but it would be nice for once to get a straight answer from Drew or other actual DE staff.  

OR can I assume that the reason DLC for most major games comes out simultaneous on PC+console is because the devs actually delay the PC version, to wait for console CERT to complete?  Some clarification would be nice and appreciated.

This is not a good way to retain your playerbase, devs.  And there are a bunch of other games I need to catch up on my backlog, as well as upcoming like Deus Ex Mankind Divided (big fan here).  Maybe I should just delete WF and refocus on other games, forget us paying console users right?  At this rate Deus Ex will come out before SOTR.  I was really hoping to try the new content and star chart before, not after.  

It's like splitting the update into parts didn't help. only made delays even worse. Remember "LESS wait, more update!"  lol..

And even more bad news for both consoles.  DE is splitting it into FOUR parts now. more wait for PC = EVEN MORE wait for console. Yay! Maybe I was right.. With a 4 part split, expect Titania and her quest in DEC, and The War Within in 2017 FEB. Nope sorry. I'd rather just enjoy other games instead of sitting and waiting months more. I'm not getting fooled again into spending more of my own money on the neglected console-peasant port.  I'm done.  

Lastly, XBOX players should be even more frustrated because they're required to pay extra for a GOLD membership and it must be active to even access Warframe.  Which means more delays=More time (weeks/months) wasted from their timed Gold account that they could otherwise use to enjoy new content for WF.   Wonderful times. 

Edited by (PS4)Bushido-Rises
  • Upvote 1

Just an FYI to those who are fighting plz stop now as your going to end up causing this thread to be locked....& none here wants that have an issue both of you work it out tru pm but leave it out of the threads and fourms thx you 

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Bushido-Rises said:

(NOTE. since I saw that post with others fighting about being 'noob' and downplaying their right to express an opinion by bringing up time spent, I'm very close to MR21 and have over 1000 hrs in, For reference.  And after this post I'm probably not coming back here. I'll just wait for update parts 2, 3, 4, in the coming Years and buy a PS5 while at it. --its 4 parts now see below--)

Agree.  What is with these increasing Delays?  Like others said, many on this board are also paying customers. Myself included, so I do feel a need to speak out and let them know, and its not just me.  I gave the console version of WF my real money to support the game and the paychecks of these developers, and now PC seems to get even more attention while console gets the shaft more frequently and for longer duration. 

Heck, Drew hasn't even updated his post like he said he would! And he made this topic in July.  "I'll keep this updated!" right.  Maybe their parent company over in China (bought DE out in 2015) told them to screw the console people since PC gaming is most predominant in that country.  Terrible theory, but there's nothing much to do atm on console anyway. Hence more people are coming here, waiting for at least a word from Drew. 

Question, why is it for other 3rd party/multiplatform games, that DLC comes out at the SAME TIME? PC+console. Like Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 for ex.  Far Harbor came out everyone on the same day. it didn't have massive delays weeks or months for console. same for majority of games.  I know of the usual "CERT time" answer from the usual moderators here. but it would be nice for once to get a straight answer from Drew or other actual DE staff.  

OR can I assume that the reason DLC for most major games comes out simultaneous on PC+console is because the devs actually delay the PC version, to wait for console CERT to complete?  Some clarification would be nice and appreciated.

This is not a good way to retain your playerbase, devs.  And there are a bunch of other games I need to catch up on my backlog, as well as upcoming like Deus Ex Mankind Divided (big fan here).  Maybe I should just delete WF and refocus on other games, forget us paying console users right?  At this rate Deus Ex will come out before SOTR.  I was really hoping to try the new content and star chart before, not after.  

It's like splitting the update into parts didn't help. only made delays even worse. Remember "LESS wait, more update!"  lol..

And even more bad news for both consoles.  DE is splitting it into FOUR parts now. more wait for PC = EVEN MORE wait for console. Yay! Maybe I was right.. With a 4 part split, expect Titania and her quest in DEC, and The War Within in 2017 FEB. Nope sorry. I'd rather just enjoy other games instead of sitting and waiting months more. I'm not getting fooled again into spending more of my own money on the neglected console-peasant port.  I'm done.  

Lastly, XBOX players should be even more frustrated because they're required to pay extra for a GOLD membership and it must be active to even access Warframe.  Which means more delays=More time (weeks/months) wasted from their timed Gold account that they could otherwise use to enjoy new content for WF.   Wonderful times. 

See information they provided to PC is why we can get that from Drew who is in charge of PS4 thread. 

I agreed with you there are other games and I'm starting to play other games and by the time these parts updates come to consoles I might actually forget warframe but I purchased platinum and want to use the platinum to buy what I think is worth using.

DE need to make a decision if PC is more profitable then console or consoles are just a waste going through Sony/Microsoft to submit a cert. is time consuming for them. I feel DE find PC easier cause they can submit updates quicker than consoles. 

Bungie had delay and delay and delay which I am starting to see DE is doing the same thing to consoles. As for Xbox members have to use their gold membership just to play warframe truly suck for them and feel bad for them.

The thing I find funny crazy is that the coding for consoles maybe be alittle different from PC but they just need to make changes to the specters of rail with console coding by editing certain things. 

I do know DE is more focus on PC to get that War within out before August is over. 

I do agree with you that we might see these updates in 2017 instead in August. 

Yeah I understand the frustration and honestly, I'm about to quit my warframe on console and just start over on pc. Waiting 2-3 months at a time for content is too much for me personally, so I'd rather abandon ps4 entirely. 

MR 21 gone.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Yeah I understand the frustration and honestly, I'm about to quit my warframe on console and just start over on pc. Waiting 2-3 months at a time for content is too much for me personally, so I'd rather abandon ps4 entirely. 

MR 21 gone.

You may loose MR 21, but you will gain Tennogen :)

Also, to be honest I don't mind the update brakes. It gives me time to explore old content and play other games while I wait :)

We may get tww part 1 and 2 at the same time. De was rather quick to deliver second dream when i expected at least 2 months for it to drop for us on console.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Anubis-stigma- said:

-Snip-

We are cool. We all just need to keep busy and not focus on when update coming cause it can make feel like time had slow down and looking for that time to come can seem forever and it might be forever. DE must be straight with Xbox and ps4 players on what steps they are doing and working on so we have some idea how they are working on and what step they taking to release the update. 

If they are on testing process on consoles then they need to tell us or if they are typing out a cert. to present to Sony/Microsoft explain to us how does that work. For example is it a 6 page or the actual update being submit to them so Sony/micsoft doing their own testing then we all have an clue what's going on. 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)slayerserenity said:

We are cool. We all just need to keep busy and not focus on when update coming cause it can make feel like time had slow down and looking for that time to come can seem forever and it might be forever. DE must be straight with Xbox and ps4 players on what steps they are doing and working on so we have some idea how they are working on and what step they taking to release the update. 

If they are on testing process on consoles then they need to tell us or if they are typing out a cert. to present to Sony/Microsoft explain to us how does that work. For example is it a 6 page or the actual update being submit to them so Sony/micsoft doing their own testing then we all have an clue what's going on. 

It's the file itself being tested by the platform holders. That's what certification is. It isn't unique to Warframe. The whole reason PC gets so many hotfixes and a regular basis is because this is an in-development game, and nobody owns the PC platform. So if a bug is found, it can be fixed and pushed to end users within hours. Consoles severely lag behind, because the ecosystem is entirely different' This is not something DE can control. Literally every other game on your PS4 has to run through checks and balances. It's ironic that so many people on here complain about not being in the know every time an update is around the corner, but you won't get *any* of this when your other games update, because DE is so tied to the community in the way they have been since Warframe was a thing. We actively shape the game itself with our feedback, and they do what they can.

• Upvote 2

How soon is soon I mean  obviously I'll will wait for all the fixes because I don't want to update into trash but an estimated release period?

Edited by (PS4)DicsonGaming1212

Hopefully our SotR update will come with the deluxe asuri nova skin, not exactly counting on it, but I'm being a very wishful dreamer. skin looks really good.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)NeroRedgrave said:

In yesterdays Dev Stream, DE told us, they made the cut for our build yesterday. So we will get SotR Update 2  as our build?

Would be awesome.

Sorry to say, but @[DE]Drewdidn ´t exchange OP statement: Hotfix 13 +- few things

As was said on Prime Time 129: "Console Tenno: We are aiming to submit Specters of the Rail to Cert by Monday Aug 8th at the latest. Stay tuned!"

From the Dev Stream 78 overview: "Console build cut off for Specters of the Rail should be today. Our Xbox One and PS4 Tenno should keep an eye on the forums, where Megan and Drew will be keeping you guys updated for when it goes to cert."

• Upvote 2

allways warframe drops update like this... pc first and console later. We know that. 

In my opinion, in this case, the  problem is  we are playing an old version of warframe! it makes players be angry (my personal opinion).

9 hours ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

MR 21 gone.

Me too 

10 hours ago, (PS4)Bushido-Rises said:

Me too,l give my real money to support,l buy every prime access since 2014 and DE say waiting,waiting and waiting again...

• Upvote 1

In my opinion warframe is going down,new games is coming,deus ex,no mans sky,god of war,sniper elite 4,warframe will be waiting.

• Upvote 2

Yeah the wait is killing the hype for the update atm especially after seeing how Hi Rez updates console a week or less after PC for Smite but I know DE doesn't have the same amount of people working on Warframe but man is it frustrating to know how fast console can get updated after PC.