Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Simulor overpowered/overused

KingAlkaiser

Hello i would like to know why this weapon still exist on this game?

it is extremely overpowered:

1)Extreme AoE range (maybe the largest of all weapons and it doesn't even need a extra range mod for this like other rocket launchers weps)

2)Dominates and overshadows near 90% ( or a lot more than half ) of all weapon damage for the majority of the game ( yes damage falls off on enemy level 100+ but this is small part), I can't justify any other weapon aside from this.  There is a reason nearly all player run this for all types of missions (excluding raid) it is just turning 75% of PvE into effortless easymode. Way too much   utility/efficiency with very little drawbacks ( heck even tonkor needed to be aimed at least)

3)No self damage like tonkor

4)Aiming not required literally skill-less aiming, just spam left click anywhere and it clears everything, not to mention ammo efficient with rifle ammo.(not to mention free electricity proc)

5)High status proc gives it a lot of variety

6)free mana

7)gives mini vauban ultimate ability which hurts vauban skill from feeling unique

seriously i could go on with more on this weapon, I am not asking them to gut it down to worthlessness levels but it has too many good things going for it with extremely minimal drawbacks and turns everything in warframe level 75 and below into a mindless,skill-less cakewalk.  How has this weapon not gotten any kind of nerf or rework? is everyone just ignoring it and abusing it like the majority of the players? am i alone on this this weapon just seems imbalanced completely.

ya this has been known since it came it hence i simple skip over the weapon

Thing is man a lot of weapons are this way, the best thing to do is go to solo and just use the things you like, i solo most of the soties usually trying to only use excal, nikana prime and the akstiletto prime

Edited by Brickstar788

honestly although I want a synoid simulor (need MR and slots though), I've actually found the current 'high MR' users to be annoying with the way they just spam it everywhere. 

Had some players using it in the old fissures and it actually made it a lot harder to complete as you couldn't get the gold globes....

1 minute ago, Kialandi said:

Don't like it? Don't use it! Simple as that.

It's definitely not the only "OP weapon" in this game.

I have come to this conclusion to not use anything as a crutch and to expect change with everything

a nerf is most likely inbound either its in the next big update or a small hotfix a year from now

Just now, Kialandi said:

It's definitely not the only "OP weapon" in this game.

the problem is similar to when everyone was pressing 4 with saryn and clearing everything ( and even then this was limited to energy at least ) when more than half player base run this gun is hard to not use it or see it.  This weapon makes co-op  boring since even if i don't use it someone else will and since AoE range and damage absurdly high other players don't even get a chance to aim at a single enemy let alone do anything ( again similar to saryn 4 spam like mentioned before ), this is the worst part of it.

Most co-op games with this weapon have people not even aiming at any enemy and clearing everything from start to finish.

No offense to anyone "abusing" this weapon, sorry if its mentioned before.

While I would like something to be done to bring Synoid Simulor in check let's not spread misinformation. Synoid Simulor's "Vortex" doesn't work like Vauban's. Vauban's Vortex ragdolls enemies while Simulor can only stagger or stun with electric proc.

9 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

That's not how you balance a game whether you like it or not, and denying it won't make that any less true.

Edited by AXCrusnik

I agree with everything except the part about Vauban.  The Simulor's vortex's doesn't pull live enemies...only corpses, loot, and excavator/mobile defense items.

The Simulor does need to be nerfed.  Even with the nerf to explosive headshots, it's still pretty OP.  Really, it's only drawback is the limited range and the fact that you can't mod out the magnetic damage.

1 minute ago, AXCrusnik said:

That's not how you balance a game whether you like it or not, and denying it won't make that any less true.

So called "balance" cannot exist in games. Whether you like it or not there will always be something OP.

Nerf OP weapon? BOOM. You just promoted "normal" weapon to the status of "OP" weapon!

I think most people don't realize this.

Or DE releases better weapon.

Ogris. BOOM. Penta! BOOM. Tonkor!               explosion incoming in 3....2....

Well it is a MR12 syndicate weapon. It is supposed to be a end game weapon. The only problem is that the Telos boltor and rakta cernos are not that strong. I agree that it is overpowered but it is a I need to go to sleep but also finish a sortie weapon. 

Its range should be halved and it would be much less overpowered. It should also not be able to pull items that you need for a mission. I just hate when people don't explode the bubbles 

2 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

So called "balance" cannot exist in games. Whether you like it or not there will always be something OP.

Nerf OP weapon? BOOM. You just promoted "normal" weapon to the status of "OP" weapon!

I think most people don't realize this.

Or DE releases better weapon.

Ogris. BOOM. Penta! BOOM. Tonkor!               explosion incoming in 3....2....

Maybe not perfect balance. But there's no reason to let weapons tip the scales like this. It's no excuse to let things get out of hand and leave them like that.

Edited by AXCrusnik

It's not because it's op - but rather other weapons are to inefficient or weak for the current scaling enemy hordes.
I went through my whole arsenal (granted some crappy ones lack potato and most lack a forma) - 90% of it was just ridiculously weak vs anything.

Simulor does not need forma,  it can even hurt without a potato.  Those 2 should not be mandatory to make weapon even remotely useful at medium levels.

41 minutes ago, KingAlkaiser said:

"[...] turns everything in warframe level 75 and below into a mindless,skill-less cakewalk. "

Almost any weapon can pretty much do this with +3 forma. I do admit the Synoid Simulor is a bit much, though.... over 1k just by combining two projectiles, and partnered with Mirage.... You can probably picture it if you've ran old Draco.

It's also an insult to injury that you can easily buy one off someone via trading chat for 35p (where-as the original is 137p or something to that liking on the market) and the only thing stopping early players from getting this is the 12MR+ req. to have it.

Mastery rank 12 locked. It is very strong and it has been tuned down a bit. And yes even after that it is still strong. Why is that a problem?

I don't get these nerf threads. Sure the Tonkor and Synoid Simulor are strong weapons, but nobody forces you to use them. I've had one since the thing came out and i barely use it. You said it yourself in your post is that all you have to do is spam left click. Why would you use a weapon that requires no skill so much that you have to come to the forum and complain about it. If you don't like it simply stop using it. Maybe you don't use it and other people in your groups use it, and that makes you upset for some reason? 

It has mastery rank lock for a reason, but people just want these guns to disappear because of "stealing muh kills"... Seriously nerfing has always been dumb. The weapons will just get a huge damage nerf or fire rate nerf by DE's standards and with Synoid Simulor's horrible range... RIP. Some of you guys want MR 12 trash, really? It will be Supra trash 2.0 (Supra before buff).

Supra had lower MR, MR 8. NOW there'll be MR 12 trash???

EDIT: Also, you should consider solo players too. Try soloing a high level defense when enemies are just pouring in without some good AoE... Synoid Simulor is so good because it can vaguely deal with Nullie bubbles as other AoE weapons will suffer horribly.

Nerf all gameplay, gee.

Edited by Irregardless_Existence

18 minutes ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

"[...] It is supposed to be a end game weapon."

enunciating there's an "end game"

1 minute ago, xXRiomaXx said:

Mastery rank 12 locked. It is very strong and it has been tuned down a bit. And yes even after that it is still strong. Why is that a problem?

I don't get these nerf threads. Sure the Tonkor and Synoid Simulor are strong weapons, but nobody forces you to use them. I've had one since the thing came out and i barely use it. You said it yourself in your post is that all you have to do is spam left click. Why would you use a weapon that requires no skill so much that you have to come to the forum and complain about it. If you don't like it simply stop using it. Maybe you don't use it and other people in your groups use it, and that makes you upset for some reason? 

I think he's trying to state that weapons like this shouldn't exist to start with... But I do agree on that.

Syndicate weapons allow solo players to tackle content. Now of course it's being abused with the Mirage Synoid combo, so it out scores mostly everyone as they run around like a lawn mower, much like the Rhino Boltor combo from year 1, irritating everyone from Ceres to Mercury in pugs and alerts.

But before you throw it under the bus. This weapon is a perk for completing Cephalon Suda sacrifices, can be a life saver in sorties and higher end content, which galvanizes newer players to work they're way to Mastery Rank 12.  It's a staple for Syndicate Merchants on the trade chat. It allows solo players to tackle high end infested maps thanks to the AOE bursts, and before you say well join a group. That's not as easy as you expect and a lot of nodes are ghost towns, so solo play is a part of Warframe. Plus solo players like playing solo, thus solo players. 

I usually leave as fast as I can when joining an endless mission and a Mirrage is present with a Synoid Simulor, throw a ash in there and the door can't hit me on the butt fast enough as I leave...So yeah, I'd like to see them gone as well, but...can we atleast wait till the Syndicates get some new items to sell before destroying one of the few remaining valued trade items left to them? 

I really wish De would get rid of the end of mission recap. 

I like how everyone complained about how bad the regular simulor was due to no supplementary stats and then when all it gets are utility buffs(and a slight max damage nerf) and a syndicate proc(not exclusive to the simulor)Its op all of a sudden :facepalm:

Everyone complained about how clunky it was, especially since it had a bad aoe AND couldn't use firestorm. Now we get an aoe buff and still can't use firestorm and there's complaining

Edited by OzoneSlayer

You can even out-kill a Synoid Simulor with a Primed Reach melee, learn to adapt... Or even Ember. Simulor balls can take a while to merge.

EDIT: Also, almost everything is "OP" with Mirage. That's how warframe is. There will always be something "OP" all the lowbies will cry about. The system has always been that high mastery gives you better weapons and options (12 isn't even that high, though.)

Just raise Synoid Simulor to MR 22 (jk.)

Edited by Irregardless_Existence