Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Performance Issues while on 1080X1920 no CPU bottleneck!!!

Nep_Blanc

This is not a fix for the latest issues I got with warframe, I just artificially set warframe to a higher resolution like with Nvidia DSR.

I noticed that when running on 1080x1920 that my performance was poor and that my frames were constantly dropping, lowering it did not fix this at all actually worsened it.

I upped the resolution to 2560x1440 and my GPU's (970's in SLI) were finally reasonably used ~80% and not bottlenecked.

I have everything on high included in screenshots and I will include the Nvidia side preferences needed as reference for performance.

These settings are not recommended and are only for testing purposes to see if Warframe could run better with or without!!!!!
In some cases it can make your game look worse or make the problem even worse then it already was.
For good gaming experience keep standard settings here and leave them this way, aside from prefer max performance that one is the only one to change.
Warframe in game settings seem to not change performance at all, aside from the own in house made anti aliasing High quality options.

Here The Screenshots:

Spoiler

NvidiaWFsettings1.PNG

NvidiaWFsettings2.PNG

NvidiaWFsettings3.PNG

Warframe-Ingame1.jpgWarframe-Ingame2.jpg

With these settings I get it possible to run Warframe fullscreen (Not preferred as a streamer), without any framedrops at all and have my average GPU load @ 80%.

With this My game runs in a steady 120-90 FPS and never dipped lower then 75 FPS average but sometimes it still can drop lower towards a low 45 FPS.

My specs are:

• MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard
  • Intel Core I7 4790k CPU running on 4.8 GHz OC (Now 4.6GHz so keep in mind)
  • Antec Kuhler H2O 920 Water Cooling
  • MSI 4GB D5 X GTX 970 Gaming 4G Graphics cards in SLI
  • Crucial 32 GB DDR3-1600 RAM DIMM Memory Running @ 2GHz
  • 250GB Crucial SSD .
  • 4x 1TB Western Digital Blue HDD in Raid 0.
  • Cooler Master G750M, 750 Watt PSU

As you may see my rig is not all a Potato, better said it is a Primed potato that learns you how to cook it and eat it as well (#Puns).

I hope warframe can include the feature of scaling resolution in game (See Battlefield 4 it has that), instead of me Forcing it running higher then what my monitor can put out.

The issue also is that if I use DSR I have that all my icons on my Desktop rearrange and get hassled, not preferred at all tho.

Another issue is that if I stream I need to switch screens a lot, when I do this warframe goes to the taskbar and minimizes effectively not pushing frames anymore boring the viewers and sometimes I get killed while not paying attention (Yes it happens).

To fix this I need to run the game on Full Screen Borderless, but this includes performance hiccups and abnormally High CPU usage compared to the GPU (Also not preferred).

This all does not result in more FPS but it may make it more stable, to note Warframe is not well optimized at all.

I hope to See Your findings and Conclusions for this issue in Warframe, This helped me a bit for performance and eyecandy :P

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Edited by TheRoaringLion
Changed title and some stuffs in the post

Thanks for the Edit, Anyways I noticed that it somewhat stabilized but not totally it made the GPU usage higher but still not desired as it should.

When on lower resolution the game does simply use 30ish% of my main GPU and 50ish of my 2nd and this is because it is the physx gpu but still I wonder why it is not maxing out.

Games like Battlefield just max my GPU's and use some CPU but not a lot, same is with warframe CPU wise but not GPU wise.

Warframe seems by this CPU bottlenecked, right? Well no, my cpu is not maxed out on any of the threads, the threads combined max reach 80% and on average perhaps 60% and when troubleshooting less then 40% average. so this is not the culprit too for me.

Thing is people saying that they run constantly 120FPS keeps me wondering How do you achieve that like I can't and my system is sometimes ways more superior then theirs.

So I say that is not always true but they don't seem to suffer or notice the Severe performance issues that arise sometimes with warframe.

I played this game before with and without SLI setup and SLI or not does not make a difference AT ALL or just too little.

I hope more people could share with me that this is happening and hope it will looked into because this is not that great to have in a fast paced ninja third person shooter game.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Speaking as someone that doesn't have or hasn't noticed any performance issue with warframe lately. I have a "weaker" system than you do but it can maintain 90-120 fps at 1920 * 1080 while in missions (i usually just cap it at 60 with v-sync).

System Specs:

intel i7 5820k @ 4.3ghz

32 GB Kingston Hyper X Predator 2400Mhz DDR4

EVGA gtx 770 SC 2gb (underclocked to reference)  

Just because i was curious i did a quick experiment. I turned off all but 2 cores in my CPU and underclocked it to 2.0ghz, and the results were that warframe ran at 60-80 fps most of the time (very large crowds did drop it to ~20 fps).  So it does seem like there is some other limiting factor than CPU frequency and GPU speed as i'm not sure why running my CPU that close to the minimum CPU requirements didn't have more of a framerate impact.

I second this that this made such a minor impact on your system is a thing, difference is tho that your cpu is a six core right?

You also have more Memory bandwith with the DDR4 then I have but I think that should not be near any difference performance wise (Referring to a linux tech tips vid).

I recently went searching and found this app Wagnard cpu core analyzer, it has a really nice process inspector and I found something pretty darn interesting.

A FREAKing Software bottleneck!!!! if you can see the first thread of the game it is on like 99/94% usage and none of my cores is maxed at all.

Warframe-thread-performance.PNG

I hope This gets addressed and fixed because this is apparently the main rendering pipeline of Warframe, this is where everything is pushed to the GPU so the GPU is going to do some work but simply does not get more information to process and push out as shiny Fasionframes.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Edited by TheRoaringLion
reasons

Yes it is a 6 core CPU. I have seen some conflicting results on if the extra bandwidth of DDR4 actually helps in games, although i think that would depend on the game being tested. What might make a difference is the CPU cache (~50% more on the CPU i use).  

So your findings, i think warframe is still does most of its logic on a single main thread although it does seem to use multiple threads. Your CPU usage does seem really high for standing in the relay at 60fps because in doing the same (probably a quieter relay) i only notice my highest CPU thread is running at 30%-40% and total usage is ~10%.

Also this is old, and the testing has its flaws but i did make this thread on how CPU threads and frequency affect performance in warframe months ago: 

I might repeat some kind of test like this again if i can find a better test scenario and the time to do it.

Also if you don't mind can you try the following test and report roughly what FPS you were getting (with uncapped framerate):

• Go to the simulacrum
  • Get limbo (preferably a duration build) or valkyr
  • Summon 20 hyekka masters
  • Stand on the short pillar in the center of the map.

It might not be the best test but i was getting ~140 fps with 125 being the lowest i saw.

In combat I get drops down to 50 fps, average fps is about 120 though some areas are worse than others. I've turned off physx cause it's unoptimized garbage and I'm still getting big fps dips like this.

PC Specs

-Intel i5-4690k
-NVIDIA Geforce Gtx 970
-16gb Kingston HyperX DDR3 RAM
-240Gb Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 
-Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

Running Windows 10

Would appreciate some more recommendations for things to do to improve my performance (especially in combat where it seems like it's gotten worse)

16 hours ago, Zenviscerator said:

In combat I get drops down to 50 fps, average fps is about 120 though some areas are worse than others. I've turned off physx cause it's unoptimized garbage and I'm still getting big fps dips like this.

PC Specs

-Intel i5-4690k
-NVIDIA Geforce Gtx 970
-16gb Kingston HyperX DDR3 RAM
-240Gb Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 
-Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

Running Windows 10

Would appreciate some more recommendations for things to do to improve my performance (especially in combat where it seems like it's gotten worse)

How did you get the physx to work in the first place ? I turn them on in settings and i cant see any difference. Im running i5 4690k and gtx 970. Thx

5 hours ago, SkillerCZE said:

How did you get the physx to work in the first place ? I turn them on in settings and i cant see any difference. Im running i5 4690k and gtx 970. Thx

You do have to restart your game for it to take affect but warframe is very picky with physx though. Most notably if you have a volt the animations for him have A LOT of physx effects but in the game it just adds phyics to the existing particles (and it really tanks your fps). With physx on you'll notice some energy particles floating around your ember or particles from capturing a target in a mission.

Physx has never been well optimized and the only way to enjoy it without horrible fps is with a dedicated card for it :(

17 hours ago, Zenviscerator said:

You do have to restart your game for it to take affect but warframe is very picky with physx though. Most notably if you have a volt the animations for him have A LOT of physx effects but in the game it just adds phyics to the existing particles (and it really tanks your fps). With physx on you'll notice some energy particles floating around your ember or particles from capturing a target in a mission.

Physx has never been well optimized and the only way to enjoy it without horrible fps is with a dedicated card for it :(

Ok thx I was hoping that there is some way to get back the physx from 2013 :( 

On 8/1/2016 at 5:11 AM, qeuu said:

Yes it is a 6 core CPU. I have seen some conflicting results on if the extra bandwidth of DDR4 actually helps in games, although i think that would depend on the game being tested. What might make a difference is the CPU cache (~50% more on the CPU i use).  

So your findings, i think warframe is still does most of its logic on a single main thread although it does seem to use multiple threads. Your CPU usage does seem really high for standing in the relay at 60fps because in doing the same (probably a quieter relay) i only notice my highest CPU thread is running at 30%-40% and total usage is ~10%.

Also this is old, and the testing has its flaws but i did make this thread on how CPU threads and frequency affect performance in warframe months ago: 

I might repeat some kind of test like this again if i can find a better test scenario and the time to do it.

Also if you don't mind can you try the following test and report roughly what FPS you were getting (with uncapped framerate):

• Go to the simulacrum
  • Get limbo (preferably a duration build) or valkyr
  • Summon 20 hyekka masters
  • Stand on the short pillar in the center of the map.

It might not be the best test but i was getting ~140 fps with 125 being the lowest i saw.

I did this and got like 100 to 120 frames too untill all of them were done spamming at me.

Thing is tho I tanked it to 45 and lower by spawning 10 hyekka masters and 10 Juggernaut Behemoth's and let em fight me or each other.

Sometimes I was not even watching at them and my frames TANKED to 45 so I don't know what is going on.

21 hours ago, Zenviscerator said:

This is True Reasons to Get my second Gpu in my system anyways but it is not even maxing it anyways,

Also PhysX or not it does not matter at all framerate wise. #FasionFrame

4 hours ago, SkillerCZE said:

Ok thx I was hoping that there is some way to get back the physx from 2013 :( 

lol Well I want that back too, Nvidia Give us dedicated PhysX Cards back so AMD-ATI can take advantage of this shizzle too please!!!!!!!

Chao, The Roaring Lion

38 minutes ago, TheRoaringLion said:

I did this and got like 100 to 120 frames too untill all of them were done spamming at me.

Thing is tho I tanked it to 45 and lower by spawning 10 hyekka masters and 10 Juggernaut Behemoth's and let em fight me or each other.

Sometimes I was not even watching at them and my frames TANKED to 45 so I don't know what is going on.

This is True Reasons to Get my second Gpu in my system anyways but it is not even maxing it anyways,

Also PhysX or not it does not matter at all framerate wise. #FasionFrame

lol Well I want that back too, Nvidia Give us dedicated PhysX Cards back so AMD-ATI can take advantage of this shizzle too please!!!!!!!

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Yes the game was way more fun with that physx. I had a gtx460 back then and it ran just fine. 

7 hours ago, TheRoaringLion said:

So i tried that got about 70-75 fps average with the lowest around 60 fps. Also did some testing with my system configured as a dual core @ 2.4ghz (also ddr4 1600mhz ram) and got around 45fps average with the lowest i saw being ~30fps. Some other things i noticed when running with all 6 cores this scenario got my overall cpu usage up to 40% with one thread at 80-90% but when running with 2 cores all the threads were running at ~60%. So it is interesting that with the dual core configuration the load is even across all cores and not maxing out any of the cores. i'm not sure there are any conclusions we can draw from this other than CPU is a limiting factor but the frequency is not necessarily the part that is limiting.

10 hours ago, qeuu said:

So i tried that got about 70-75 fps average with the lowest around 60 fps. Also did some testing with my system configured as a dual core @ 2.4ghz (also ddr4 1600mhz ram) and got around 45fps average with the lowest i saw being ~30fps. Some other things i noticed when running with all 6 cores this scenario got my overall cpu usage up to 40% with one thread at 80-90% but when running with 2 cores all the threads were running at ~60%. So it is interesting that with the dual core configuration the load is even across all cores and not maxing out any of the cores. i'm not sure there are any conclusions we can draw from this other than CPU is a limiting factor but the frequency is not necessarily the part that is limiting.

I should try with HT off and less cores but this time OC it to the highest you can go (Don't break it) and try and see if this gives more frames each time.

Thing is tho you have more PCIE lanes then me but this should not give any bottlenecks so far, my PCIE busses are not even maxed to the brink.

Thing to note tho is that I recently brought my OC back from 4.8 to 4.6 because Power usage and well heat, but this is a minor performance decrease.
This should give me less possibility to Therm throttle and more stable clocks and less thermal output.
Result is that it does not matter so my rig was not thermal throttling as I thought.

The OC on my cards before brought that Warframe became unstable, but now WF does not care at all how I set the clock speeds of them.

I don't know if GPU Asic quality has to do with it or not but this is  what both of my cards have, and I consider swapping spots of them both, to see if this helps a thing(as the top one does run hotter tho).
Also you see that I have a pretty hefty OC on my cards, Not a problem for other games tho.

Spoiler

GPU-ASIC-Q.PNGGPU-ASIC-Q2.PNG

As you see this is with one card and the other one as a PhysX card in a busy relay.

Warframe-thread-performance2.PNG

And this is with 2 Cards in a Slightly less busy relay.Warframe-thread-performance-SLI.PNG

As you see the 2nd card clocks higher then the first one while I set them both to PREFER MAX PERFORMANCE.

I guess it it because the 2nd card still has to do the PhysX processing.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Edited by TheRoaringLion
didn't want to post yet.

It might be worth noting that benchmarks taken in Relays may not be very helpful when trying to find solutions to issues related to regular missions. Relays are known to put more strain on your CPU, so in this specific scenario even if you OC your GPU you will likely see minimal improvement as it is the CPU feeling the pressure.

(I should also add that we do not recommend you OC your GPU)

On 7/29/2016 at 2:35 AM, TheRoaringLion said:

NvidiaWFsettings2.PNG

You have a lot of Driver forced settings there. You should probably set them all to "Application Controlled" and try testing again. That's not to say that it will clear your issues, but it may help if you are experiencing sudden and unexplained dips.

For example, you have Anisotropic Filtering set to high quality. This settings bypasses all optimisation techniques and takes samples regardless of texel size. May seem trivial, but you have to ask, why does DE's own 16x AF solution not cut it? there could be optimisation problems when having a high sample rate, regardless of texel size.

Just because you can change these settings, doesn't mean you should. If they do nothing in game, leave them as 'Application Controlled'. For example, i've never seen any benefit to using the "Enhance the application" setting for the "AA mode". Warframe uses a post process AA technique, the "enhancement" from the driver will be when sampling pixels, so presumably only affects MSAA solutions.

Additionally, you've set your "Max pre-rendered frames" to '1', it's even written in the help box for the setting itself that it does nothing for SLI configs, so why have it on in the first place?

From what i've seen, there isn't a lot from the driver page that will influence the look of Warframe to any significant degree. Even the difference between AF with optimisation, and without is near negligible - In fact, the only time you will notice is if you pause the game, and look at the pixel quality in a 20x20 pixel space. That's like 0.01% of a 1080p screen.

Additionally, if Warframe isn't a heavy GPU title, why run SLI if the first card isn't being used? Set it to single card mode, and use the Second card for PhysX. 

6 hours ago, MillbrookWest said:

You have a lot of Driver forced settings there. You should probably set them all to "Application Controlled" and try testing again. That's not to say that it will clear your issues, but it may help if you are experiencing sudden and unexplained dips.

For example, you have Anisotropic Filtering set to high quality. This settings bypasses all optimisation techniques and takes samples regardless of texel size. May seem trivial, but you have to ask, why does DE's own 16x AF solution not cut it? there could be optimisation problems when having a high sample rate, regardless of texel size.

Just because you can change these settings, doesn't mean you should. If they do nothing in game, leave them as 'Application Controlled'. For example, i've never seen any benefit to using the "Enhance the application" setting for the "AA mode". Warframe uses a post process AA technique, the "enhancement" from the driver will be when sampling pixels, so presumably only affects MSAA solutions.

Additionally, you've set your "Max pre-rendered frames" to '1', it's even written in the help box for the setting itself that it does nothing for SLI configs, so why have it on in the first place?

From what i've seen, there isn't a lot from the driver page that will influence the look of Warframe to any significant degree. Even the difference between AF with optimisation, and without is near negligible - In fact, the only time you will notice is if you pause the game, and look at the pixel quality in a 20x20 pixel space. That's like 0.01% of a 1080p screen.

Additionally, if Warframe isn't a heavy GPU title, why run SLI if the first card isn't being used? Set it to single card mode, and use the Second card for PhysX. 

You totall don't seem to see the point, I forced the settings this way to see if any of the settings of warframe pulled more Power towards the GPU instead of the CPU.

Warframe is known of doing some post processing on the CPU if you did not know this, this is not as fast as the Nvidia solution. Furthermore I tested with these settings on and off. Performance wise It pulled ways more Usage out of my cards but no more FPS as I would have liked more but to no avail, It seemed more stable at 1440P as my gpus' were more busy and not downclocking to stock speeds.

Normally I wouldn't run warframe with those settings at all, because warframe DE Devs know how to optimize their game. Right?

Max Pre rendered frames affect the SLI not at all and can smoothen it out, and only Gives you more input lag that is noticeable. Yes this is a thing I tested this with some games a While ago SLI or no SLI, it makes difference with newer games but most of the times you are better off by letting it sit at 1, also Keep in mind that WAS only one variable to see if this affects performance.
To my knowledge it was preferred that you set it to 1 if you use SLI setups with Warframe and any other game as it sends not one but 2 frames as far I know.
This can be the snag I am hitting lately but I experienced Input lag and Latency issues while using this higher then what I use and well the stock setting is set to 1 so far I am concerned.
Here more information on a Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2pasns/90_fps_increase_by_setting_nvidia_max_prerendered/

I could try this but I highly suspect it still being the Rendering pipeline of Warframe not Nvidia's settings.

Last one Well that did not make difference, already tried. Thing to note tho that you do get somewhat more frames with sli on less demanding parts.
The first GPU is being used as the one to push frames to the screen, but is not utilized for the PhysX if it even is used for it anyways.
Because I saw similar performance/load while PhysX turned on and off.

Anyways thanks for your feedback.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Edited by TheRoaringLion
elaborate on some stuff

Again To Get Rid of the annoying Frame drops that Warframe has.

4 minutes ago, MillbrookWest said:

For what purpose though?

If you really don't skim my posts then you may get what I try to achieve here, is suspect you do so.

READ The whole thread and see what is going on.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Edited by TheRoaringLion

Just now, TheRoaringLion said:

Again To Get Rid of the annoying Frame drops that Warframe has.

If you really don't skim my posts then you may get what I try to achieve here, is suspect you do so well.

READ The whole thread and see what is going on.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

I did read the whole thread, which is why my first posts first sentence suggested you remove the Nvidia driver overrides if you are having issues, as well as ending by suggesting you stop running your cards in SLI - Which serves no purpose in a title not even GPU limited. SLI is rife with stuttering, and frame-time issues.

As for the annoying frame-rate drops. You haven't posted much info on them. Is it a sudden spike in frame-time? are they prolonged stretches of gameplay? or is it because of a mirage?

Keep in mind, that a lot of game calculation happens on the CPU. This cannot be affected by mere driver tweaks. They serve no really gain. Additionally, DSR only makes your GPU render more pixel data. They aren't doing anything to warframe, or any of the calculations it is performing. The dropping clocks wont affect performance either.

1 hour ago, MillbrookWest said:

I did read the whole thread, which is why my first posts first sentence suggested you remove the Nvidia driver overrides if you are having issues, as well as ending by suggesting you stop running your cards in SLI - Which serves no purpose in a title not even GPU limited. SLI is rife with stuttering, and frame-time issues.

As for the annoying frame-rate drops. You haven't posted much info on them. Is it a sudden spike in frame-time? are they prolonged stretches of gameplay? or is it because of a mirage?

Keep in mind, that a lot of game calculation happens on the CPU. This cannot be affected by mere driver tweaks. They serve no really gain. Additionally, DSR only makes your GPU render more pixel data. They aren't doing anything to warframe, or any of the calculations it is performing. The dropping clocks wont affect performance either.

And you miss out again to see the whole point, Warframe Drops frames for like long stretches below and far below the targeted 60 frames a second I have in mind.

Nvidia settings can in some Cases Leverage more or Less performance out of your cards depending on what the case is, its just tinkering around with the settings.

That SLI has problems in the past is long Cast away now I have so far seen 1 issue lately and that is due to the Nvidia Driver itself, AKA Elite dangerous has the infinite ship turning bug when you have sli on. Reverting to an earlier driver fixes this.
SLI latency is a known issue but is not as of a big deal, as the performance is similar on both scenarios.
SLI latency is also not even visible for most gamers. It only really appears when you play at lower fps than your monitor can push, Resulting in jitterish frames.
As the Different frames take different time to be calculated and or are not as good synced as you can do on one card, this is not noticeable on high FPS situations only when its low.
And when the FPS is low you don't want that anyways so what is the whole point of Criticizing my SLI setup I played this game without SLI long enough to say that Warframe Does FrameDrop anyways.
The SLI part makes it more significant because I get League's better performance and smoother frames in Most games that are well Coded and optimized.
That SLI is irrelevant in this case yes I know but it is relevant to me to say hey Please Fix this really annoying issue.

I actually posted information maybe not much but enough to conclude so far what is the case in Warframe, Bad optimisation and single a threaded rendering pipeline. 

I know a LOT of calculations happen on the CPU of course that's normal for a game like this, but In reality it is not bottlenecked By Any CPU usage (as it seems), it does benefit from more cores apparently for some reason what is surprising as the main rendering thread is Single threaded as I discovered, what still is a little strange.

Also the things you said already were proven by just testing you are basically saying what I already concluded, so what is your point of visiting this thread?
Helping? Or just being annoying for now and not helping at all.

The Point is Warframe Can run Leagues better then it does now, it is not a heavily open world CPU bound game as GTAV is or ARMA not even talking about how some games can do it better. ARK survival revolved for instance, it runs only on my first card because it is a pre release game, runs decent on my one GTX 970 while totally maxing my GPU, CPU wise it does not even bottleneck at all.
I had some like occurrences that I got CPU spikes when there is a load of PhysX going on that was not hardware accelerated in that game, when using a bronto to farm berries.

Edited by TheRoaringLion

only thing I would like to add to some of this after a lot of this is that, I am running a super computer in sense that I have an x99 asrock MB, a i7-5820k, 16gb ddr4 3200mhz, and 1x 980 ti EVGA FTW with maxed out settings uncapped I easily getting over 500 fps to tops of about 700 fps anywhere in the game I don't normally run uncapped fps but I don't see how this game is hard at all to run. I can even play this on a good mid range lenovo laptop and get a good 75 fps uncapped, cause of a dedicated gpu thats on the motherboard. for me I want to see higher res ploy's on the mapps and such and way higher textures when this game only uses under 800mb of vram on my 980ti. thats crazy I would normally you should to see a good 2 or 3 gb's used up in the vram department. I understand this is a FTP and that not everything can happen quickly but even for the AO (ambient occlusion) they only go to medium on max with SSAO. there's no higher settings for setting the world geometry. even tho thats set as maxed. and to add on to the AO department they added two new options "(temporal) preview" that I dont understand thats different but that only make the planet connecting lines on the new starmap be sorta jiggery and I thought it was a bug but just the graphic mode.

44 minutes ago, BirrdofdatLife said:

only thing I would like to add to some of this after a lot of this is that, I am running a super computer in sense that I have an x99 asrock MB, a i7-5820k, 16gb ddr4 3200mhz, and 1x 980 ti EVGA FTW with maxed out settings uncapped I easily getting over 500 fps to tops of about 700 fps anywhere in the game I don't normally run uncapped fps but I don't see how this game is hard at all to run. I can even play this on a good mid range lenovo laptop and get a good 75 fps uncapped, cause of a dedicated gpu thats on the motherboard. for me I want to see higher res ploy's on the mapps and such and way higher textures when this game only uses under 800mb of vram on my 980ti. thats crazy I would normally you should to see a good 2 or 3 gb's used up in the vram department. I understand this is a FTP and that not everything can happen quickly but even for the AO (ambient occlusion) they only go to medium on max with SSAO. there's no higher settings for setting the world geometry. even tho thats set as maxed. and to add on to the AO department they added two new options "(temporal) preview" that I dont understand thats different but that only make the planet connecting lines on the new starmap be sorta jiggery and I thought it was a bug but just the graphic mode.

The issue is in combat with high density fights with a crap ton of particle effects and having to render a lot enemies on screen. I think it mostly has to do with the CPU but I could be wrong. Like usually I'll get 300 fps uncapped but it will drop to around 50 in combat (though only in certain situations)

It's just really annoying and I would love to have this game not go under 90 fps since anything under is not really what I'm looking for with my high refresh rate monitor

11 hours ago, BirrdofdatLife said:

only thing I would like to add to some of this after a lot of this is that, I am running a super computer in sense that I have an x99 asrock MB, a i7-5820k, 16gb ddr4 3200mhz, and 1x 980 ti EVGA FTW with maxed out settings uncapped I easily getting over 500 fps to tops of about 700 fps anywhere in the game I don't normally run uncapped fps but I don't see how this game is hard at all to run.

If you don't mind can you do the following and estimate your average and minimum FPS:

• Go to the simulacrum
  • Summon 10 Juggernaut Behemoths(or regular ones) and  10 hyekka masters
  • Stand on one of the pillars in the center and watch them fight.

Also CPU clock speed would also be helpful.

Another note to make this "test" is not GPU limited as i tested it at 1080p on both my normal (almost max) settings and the lowest i could put everything and there was no frame rate impact, except when looking into the empty space around the simulacrum.