Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heliocor: should be an Arch-Melee

Yaerion

When I discovered that the Heliocor was a normal melee weapon, I was like

Vader-noooo.gif

We already have Helios, Atlas' Augment, and scanning is easy in normal missions. Also, plenty of hammers with solid stats.

When in Archwing it's a nightmare to scan with those enemies who fly everywhere at high speed...

It would have been so much more useful in Archwing modes. Actually, a life-saver for me.

Please, reconsider the Heliocor to be an Arch-Melee weapon (with Magnetic damage/special AoE effect?)

Or please add an Arch-Melee that can do scans as soon as possible.

I would be so grateful.

Thank you for reading!

No thanks, that would make it pointless to most players. Also not going to happen as they are clearly gearing up for an eventual syndicate melee launch and an upgraded heliocor will surely be part of it.

Yes to switching it to magnetic damage though... Too many impact hammers.

Not sure how a physical bludgeoning object could possibly deal purely non-physical damage, but whatever since we already have physical bludgeoning objects that deal purely non-physical damage.

I'd love to have a weapon (Heliocor is fine as is, make something new for Archwing) that can scan during Archwing. With Archwing being at a much faster pace across larger distances against tiny little fast-moving dots with no stealth option that lets you move, scanning is significantly more of a chore than on foot.

11 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

Not sure how a physical bludgeoning object could possibly deal purely non-physical damage, but whatever since we already have physical bludgeoning objects that deal purely non-physical damage.

I'd love to have a weapon (Heliocor is fine as is, make something new for Archwing) that can scan during Archwing. With Archwing being at a much faster pace across larger distances against tiny little fast-moving dots with no stealth option that lets you move, scanning is significantly more of a chore than on foot.

The only physical looking part of it is the handle, who knows what the hell those glowing balls are made out of.

But I do second just making a new cephalon weapon for archwing if one is really needed, this one already has a place in completing the primary/secondary/melee set.

Edited by rapt0rman

4 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

The only physical looking part of it is the handle, who knows what the hell those glowing balls are made out of.

But I do second just making a new cephalon weapon for archwing if one is really needed, this one already has a place in completing the primary/secondary/melee set.

I am assuming the glowing balls are intense fields of Magnetic Energy, literally being held in place by something.

48 minutes ago, Yaerion said:

When I discovered that the Heliocor was a normal melee weapon, I was like

Vader-noooo.gif

We already have Helios, Atlas' Augment, and scanning is easy in normal missions. Also, plenty of hammers with solid stats.

When in Archwing it's a nightmare with those enemies who fly everywhere at high speed...

It would have been so much more useful in Archwing modes. Actually, a life-saver for me.

Please, reconsider the Heliocor to be an Arch-Melee weapon (with Magnetic damage/special AoE effect?)

Or please add an Arch-Melee that can do scans as soon as possible.

I would be so grateful.

Thank you for reading!

Agreed so wholehearted with this

10 minutes ago, DioBrandoTheHotVampire said:

archwing was a mistake in the first place

I don't think so. Its implementation has just been pretty sketchy so far. What really turns me away is all the drifting. I am NOT going to spend 10 minutes running into walls because the Archwings have the maneuverability of an airborne boat.

2 hours ago, Prinny13 said:

Or make Arch Wing like Rathuum, you auto scan stuff as soon as you or they spawn?

Then why even have codex scans for them at all if you are going to fully scan them within 2 missions? Its not like the codex information on archwing enemies has any benefit for you outside of knowing their drops. If you dont want to get them the normal, perfectly fine way then why care about it at all?

1 minute ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

The main problem I have right now with it is that it's a hammer. And I despise slow melee weapons. I was hoping for a staff.

Even if the melee weapon is slow, it's powerful than other hammers in the game.

Just now, SIFTXIX said:

Even if the melee weapon is slow, it's powerful than other hammers in the game.

I get that, but I really don't enjoy heavy weapon types. It looks great, but I still want a staff or something, not more heavy weapons (as Galatine Prime is coming soon anyways).

Just now, PrVonTuckIII said:

I get that, but I really don't enjoy heavy weapon types. It looks great, but I still want a staff or something, not more heavy weapons (as Galatine Prime is coming soon anyways).

The fact that its slow is completely mitigated by that 25% crit chance. Berserker makes speed a non issue. 

3 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Then why even have codex scans for them at all if you are going to fully scan them within 2 missions? Its not like the codex information on archwing enemies has any benefit for you outside of knowing their drops. If you dont want to get them the normal, perfectly fine way then why care about it at all?

Let's see here :

1. Enemies in this mode die to fast if not easily.
  2. Scanning using a scanner at times can and will glitch up the weapon swap to unarmed so no scanners until you can pull it out of your arse.
  3. Enemies move a lot and fast too which means you have to creep/ sneak at them to scan them, if you succeed great for you, not for me.
  4. Scanning enemies at will point will reward us, so getting it done and move on is something on to so list.
  5. Me = lazy person and scanning AW enemies is pure pain if not boring so anything that make it easy is welcome to me.
  6. More options for players, auto scan or manual scan, your pick :D
  7. Enemies may be weak but the moment they out number you, you will cry :(
  8. Me = casual player :D, so no hardcore stuff for me, ever!

Have a nice day/ night!

6 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Those archwing enemies are so floaty keeping a reticle for scanning on them is nigh impossible.

That`s why we al have amishwing at the moment. Press 3 and scan them all before it got nerfed. You have about 3 months before they nerf it.

Edited by U-thug