The+Second+Stream+Podcast+:+Pilot+Episode

[DE]Drew

The Second Stream Topics  

1,624 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the update being split into three parts, despite delays

• Good, breaking up the content is better.
    • Ok, I don't have strong feelings either way.
    • Bad, I'd rather get it all at once.
    • Other (post explanation below).
    • No opinion on this topic.
  2. 2. How do you feel about the field of view change in Archwing?

• Good, it was needed.
    • Neutral, the field of view didn't bother me.
    • Bad, I prefer the tighter view.
    • Other (post explanation below).
  3. 3. How do you feel about the Trace capacity changes?

• Good - the capacity makes sense now.
    • Neutral - I'm fine with capacity either way.
    • Bad - I'm not happy with Trace capacity (post explanation below)
  4. 4. How do you feel about the total number of Relics changing as Primes are added/vaulted?

• Good - I like that the Relics will change.
    • Bad - I want a set number of Relics that doesn't change.
    • Other (post explanation below)
  5. 5. What is your first impression of the new Tennogen items overall?

• They look great.
    • They look ok.
    • They look bad.
  6. 6. Should the Lato and Braton Vandal return?

• Yes, give players a chance to get them again.
    • No, don't bring them back.
    • No opinion on this topic
  7. 7. What is your first impression of Titania?

• She looks great.
    • She looks ok.
    • She looks bad.
    • Other (post explanation below)
  8. 8. Are you excited for Glyphs?

• Yes! They could be fun.
    • Maybe. I haven't seen enough yet.
    • No. They don't interest me.

This poll is closed to new votes

Tenno, 

The audio below is something new we're trying that we think might interest you. We've recorded an hour-long podcast of post-devstream discussion with guests from the Warframe community. We're calling it "The Second Stream" (clever, right?... I thought so). 

The polls for this thread are based on the questions we discuss during the podcast, and this whole project is meant to be kind of a new direction for Community Hot Topics and possibly a form of community editorial. Much of what we discuss might not be immediately relevant to console players, but feel free to voice your opinion on upcoming content (technically, this was all upcoming content when we recorded, but PC got the Hotfix changes faster than we could post this podcast).

If there's enough interest, we can do a lot to expand on this idea in the future. For now, we hope to cover the devstreams as a sort of "aftershow" with community commentary. 

Special thanks goes out to all of the community guests who participated in this recording, and I promise I'll polish the format if/when we produce more. This episode is a little rough because we were testing how it'd turn out, but we hope you enjoy!

I'm still listening, but so far, I'm not really a fan of the stream.

Some of these community members I have a lot of respect for, but there's really nothing special in their opinions - it's literally just listening to players say 'Oh yeah, that's a good change' or 'Oh yeah, that sucks'. Like, there are a million posts on this forum that have just as much or more substance. There's nothing of value or insightful.

I do enjoy listening to opinion pieces, but only if they're something that has a lot research and forethought put behind it, not something as shallow and spontaneous as 'What do you think of the Archwing FOV changes?' 'Oh yeah, it's cool'. Basically, this stream doesn't seem to be anything worth my time, putting it bluntly. Maybe I'm missing the point of it.

Where is the option for 'Let them keep the Lato but return the Braton'?

Also I'd be fine with the new relic rotation system, but grinding for what you specifically need from zero is an unavoidable annoyance. Additionally and most importantly, older relics have no use for those that have all the items in them and stacking will be inevitable regardless when farming for new, specific relics anyways so allow us to do something with those older relics like a form of trade-in for the newer keys.

Well, it turned out to be everything I feared it to be, just Youtubers and the like. Not really interested with this "community members". Was interested in the player PoV, not really the "I can't make enough videos to keep up with the new content".

I would be totally up for other "community members" that doesn't have the same projection as this people who usually put their opinion in their own content, be it live streams, recorded videos or written pieces, but that still contribute for the community as a whole.

I mean, apparently there's people who do it (and when the bigger youtubers step in, the discussion just runs away from player PoV again, funny), and I don't see why this youtubers and the like can't do it themselves, and then, yeah, cater to their viewers.

Edit: Hmmm... Too many "I"s, too little discussion. Rather than having guests making points about things and bringing stuff to the table, the questions and some of the guests themselves (too many guests as well) are all about pulling unrelated ropes, I pull this rope, and I pull this rope, and I pull this rope.
Podcasts tend to be interesting when it's people discussion a theme, event, etc, but in this case the questions were just too closed, it was more like an interview than anything else, so it ends with just of youtubers and the like either not putting out the player PoV at all, others giving decent but empty sounding opinions due to the lack of discussion, or just "yeah... it's nice/okay/bad".
Completely unnecessary podcast for example can be really interesting because it's 2 guys that usually know what they are talking about, putting their opinions out and discussing based on the questions they get or whatever they got to talk about, and the thing is, they aren't exactly trying to push changes, rather if it's a case of someone potentially doing something, they just state their opinion, but in our case, which is a much more closed environment, some of the guests just seem to keep pushing and pushing their agenda, and that's just not interesting, that's what you do in your own content (which sometimes it's just sketchy, I mean, those initial Mag rework videos, terrible, many youtubers just rush videos instead of making good content and with good information, some really lack good info on them, and really, if you want to talk about a new Warframe, do a first impression video and not something that looks like a review but mostly only says "this power is bad", and then later do a proper and informational review, so perhaps we get more Inaros that doesn't completely dismiss powers because on release people said "it's not as useful and drains more energy than other abilities so don't bother too much with it", when gosh Sandstorm is a lot more useful than people think, because when it is useful it surely does great, and it doesn't matter if other frames can do the same, because they can't!).

But instead it's just a bunch of known people being asked if this or that is good or bad, and that's not a good thing to do and not an interesting thing to listen too.

So, yeah, not interested in coming here to listen to people that I could listen elsewhere or people that doesn't really want to make a good point besides "I want this" (and that could do discussions about stuff without the need of DE dragging them out of the basement). It needs people that can discuss beyond "I want this", "yes", "no", and actually put up something with substance.

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl

7 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

I'm still listening, but so far, I'm not really a fan of the stream.

Some of these community members I have a lot of respect for, but there's really nothing special in their opinions - it's literally just listening to players say 'Oh yeah, that's a good change' or 'Oh yeah, that sucks'. Like, there are a million posts on this forum that have just as much or more substance. There's nothing of value or insightful.

I do enjoy listening to opinion pieces, but only if they're something that has a lot research and forethought put behind it, not something as shallow and spontaneous as 'What do you think of the Archwing FOV changes?' 'Oh yeah, it's cool'. Basically, this stream doesn't seem to be anything worth my time, putting it bluntly. Maybe I'm missing the point of it.

Keep watching near the end we begin to suggest things that recently got added in today's update such as the daily raid resets :P things that would benefit newer players etc. 

In regards to the Update split, It was a good idea, but my initial impression was that the whole update was done and ready to go, but that it was so big to make downloading it all at once impractical. Now I'm getting the impression that your completing it piece by piece and that it was not all done leading to all the delays, this was not a good idea. I'm still of the opinion you should set up a Play Test server similar to what World of Warships does to have the community test new things and give you feed back, obviously not on things that are suppose to be a surprise but on things we can play test.

Just now, Pendragon1951 said:

In regards to the Update split, It was a good idea, but my initial impression was that the whole update was done and ready to go, but that it was so big to make downloading it all at once impractical. Now I'm getting the impression that your completing it piece by piece and that it was not all done leading to all the delays, this was not a good idea. I'm still of the opinion you should set up a Play Test server similar to what World of Warships does to have the community test new things and give you feed back, obviously not on things that are suppose to be a surprise but on things we can play test.

IIRC they split it originally because it was not working as a whole in a single package and they needed to implement the large features one at a time so they wouldn't break. Splitting the features apart and making them work probably resulted in a lot of fix work with coding and such.

No "how do you feel about relics?" question I see.

I like how we got out of the 100 key rng to get 1 rare item but i feel the fact we have 1 item to 4 used keys is utterly horrible.

But as for the actually asked questions:

1. It was great that it was split into 3 parts. It helps the hype train and helps the time it'd take to download it all. But again if you wanted to wait an extra day to release said update it'd be GREATLY appreciated to keep the annoyances/bugs to a minimum(ie trace limit/Archwing FoV)

2. The FoV was utterly horrible with SoTRs release. It was way too close and made it impossible to see. I think you were going in a good direction but it derailed halfway. Hopefully the next concept thrown out there is a bit better.

3. This should have been a thing from the get go. It made no sense how we had a cap of 100 traces and the highest type of relic cost 100.

4. It's nice how the old relics can still be opened but not obtained. I think this shouldnt be a permanent thing though. Eventually stuff should stay in the drop tables again for good.

5. I honestly have no real opinion on tennogen since I dont wanna put out real money for them tbh.

6. I think the Braton/Lato Vandal should return but should have a unique way of acquiring them for instance either a milestone or possibly have parts drop for them in the corpus raid whenever that is.

7. Titania looks great. I hope what she brings to the game also benefits future Archwing ideas as well.

8. I honestly dont know when this was even mentioned. Is this glyphs like Inaros or something else I missed? If it's Inaros glyphs then no, I'd rather not deal with that timesink again.

Q) How do you feel about the update being split into three parts, despite delays?

A) i don't mind the delays but i don't like barely playable game as well, i prefer the update to be big and working as intended and if need be to release something then release it in a hotfix, just like how you used to!

Q) How do you feel about the field of view change in Archwing?

A) Wellz, it does not feel right to me at all, there is no "feel" to it, you still don't feel like you are in a space piloting :/

Maybe something like this will help?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/530640371472346920/4DC90AEB3A35AEE9ED32A06270F093A2DFD2916C/#ActualImage

3 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

8. I honestly dont know when this was even mentioned. Is this glyphs like Inaros or something else I missed? If it's Inaros glyphs then no, I'd rather not deal with that timesink again.

Glyphs are spray paint icons like seen in some other games. The devstream showed a small little preview and the summary shows one.

I think that, though a step in the right direction, the 6DoF changes made to Archwing were a bit hasty. I think that something like Space Engineers' rotate in place keys would be nice (allow the player the ability to rotate with the direction they are facing being the axis of rotation). 

4. How do you feel about the total number of Relics changing as Primes are added/vaulted?

This variant is the leader now:

Those who voted for it, please explain me why because I don't get it. Why do you want relic's drop lists change when primes get vaulted/added?

Bad - I want a set number of Relics that doesn't change.

-----------------------------

1. How do you feel about the update being split into three parts, despite delays
Voted for "Good, breaking up the content is better". However I want the War Within update to some as soon as possible because I want to get rid of that ship infestation already :C
Edited by Vol4ica_