The+Second+Stream+Podcast+:+Pilot+Episode

[DE]Drew

The Second Stream Topics  

1,624 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the update being split into three parts, despite delays

• Good, breaking up the content is better.
    • Ok, I don't have strong feelings either way.
    • Bad, I'd rather get it all at once.
    • Other (post explanation below).
    • No opinion on this topic.
  2. 2. How do you feel about the field of view change in Archwing?

• Good, it was needed.
    • Neutral, the field of view didn't bother me.
    • Bad, I prefer the tighter view.
    • Other (post explanation below).
  3. 3. How do you feel about the Trace capacity changes?

• Good - the capacity makes sense now.
    • Neutral - I'm fine with capacity either way.
    • Bad - I'm not happy with Trace capacity (post explanation below)
  4. 4. How do you feel about the total number of Relics changing as Primes are added/vaulted?

• Good - I like that the Relics will change.
    • Bad - I want a set number of Relics that doesn't change.
    • Other (post explanation below)
  5. 5. What is your first impression of the new Tennogen items overall?

• They look great.
    • They look ok.
    • They look bad.
  6. 6. Should the Lato and Braton Vandal return?

• Yes, give players a chance to get them again.
    • No, don't bring them back.
    • No opinion on this topic
  7. 7. What is your first impression of Titania?

• She looks great.
    • She looks ok.
    • She looks bad.
    • Other (post explanation below)
  8. 8. Are you excited for Glyphs?

• Yes! They could be fun.
    • Maybe. I haven't seen enough yet.
    • No. They don't interest me.

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Vol4ica_ said:

This variant is the leader now:

Those who voted for it, please explain me why because I don't get it. Why do you want relic's drop lists change when primes get vaulted/added?

-----------------------------

Voted for "Good, breaking up the content is better". However I want the War Within update to some as soon as possible because I want to get rid of that ship infestation already :C

Sadly, DE Steve confirmed in Devstream 77 that the infested door is not going to be addressed in Update 19 which includes War Within. I too would be very interested in why Ordis is experiencing infestation spread and if I am able to curtail this infection. Also reclaiming the area within the door might be useful for sprucing up the place and maybe give some place for later segments or controls.

------

One topic, I think that splitting the update is useful when it works well but do not believe that the use of splitting update 19 up has been functional yet. The Lunaro update for instance did give at least Teshin a cosmetic armor offering but Lunaro has a bad habit of wiping user controller bindings when using custom settings still. Specters of the Rails needed something to introduce players to this change and give them motivation or reasoning for doing junctions, the quest or event that DE Steve had mentioned in the past as a big shake-up that would require us to use the junctions instead of per-existing solar rails would have helped ease players into such a big User interface change. I can only assume some of that explanation for the changes of Specters will be in War Within which weakens Specters as a Stand alone offering.

As far as the elephant in the room for Specters, the relics; I do not like the path they represent. While I have never thought the drop chances in the void key system were particularly generous, it was effective for what it was worth with significant focus for achieving a sense of progression in the game - something that often Warframe and even other games of this type lack. The biggest pros I have constantly heard for relics is more control over the random nature of the offerings but I have not seen any noticeable increase in drop quality as a result while it is much clearer to see a lack in quantity and an increase in the actual 'grind' required to get a decent number of prime offering chances. What this is doing so far is scaring off players and forcing players to either rerun unrewarding starchart endless missions or miss out on one of the game's few consistent offerings of 'new content'. As far as relics themselves, I have no problem in new relics being added as new primes get added, I just see in game reason for removing old relics. As T4 keys, Sabotage Keys, and Interception keys later, I feel that their is room in a currently unrewarding starchart for such relics as incentives to explore or try new missions; something currently lacking.

1. Good - I prefer the splitup due to less downloading times and it gives you more time to handle what is given to you.

2. Good/Other - It was most certainly needed (why changed in the first place??). But meleeing in Archwing is still not good enough, it's still too close up!

3. Good - Better than the old cap at least.

4. Bad - Bad for a differenct reason: I don't care if more Relics are added as new Primes come into the picture, that's not the problem. The problem is now: With the Relic-system, why do you even need to vault stuff?  You have no excuse for that now other than for moneygrubbing...

5. Other - Doesn't matter how good or bad they look, since they are not obtainable with Platinum anyway. I've spent enough money already on Founders/Prime Access, I'm not paying even MORE for this, let me use my Platinum please?

6. Yes - I mean, why not? Non-cosmetic exclusivity really sucks.

7. Ok - Need to play her to say more.

8. Maybe - It's not exactly a new thing (oldschool CS player here) and I wouldn't be surprised if this goes very downhill with lots of immature stuff, so I can't really say I'm looking forward to it. But if it is handled properly, my opinion is upgraded to a very unenthusiastic "meh".

-Thoughts on update splits (despite delays)

Despite the delays? It's great in concept and I hope to see it done smoother in the future. I can take this as a rocky practice run for future updates, updates that exceed the capacity to be delivered as a whole. I'd also prefer this method to only be done for when the changes/additions to content really are too big to ship in one part. It should never feel like a piecemeal when you promise a three-course dish.

- FoV change in Archwing

Definitely an improvement for the basic utility of Archwing, although there needs to be many more - in the ways of options, tweaked animations and mechanics, this is the first of many steps towards making the movement and overall feel in Archwing as 2.0 as an Archwing 2.0 overhaul would suggest. Please keep working at it.

- Trace capacity changes

A welcomed improvement to the utility of the new void system.

- Thoughts on relic changes as primes are vaulted

This feels very give and take; when I was told we were 'blowing up the void' I was hoping it was a chance to create a system that didn't seclude series of gear from players behind seasonal releases and the new system would accommodate the inevitable expansion of the Prime contents in the game.

Instead the change seemed more focused on getting you out of 'that one tileset' than actually addressing the fact the endgame variants of gear will adhere to a cycle of availability. I can't see how having to farm keys relics on 'that one tileset' to stock up on reserves of Primes going into the vault helps with this issue. Just feels like we've changed where we put the TV in the house; we're still going to sit in there for long periods of time but now the curtains are different I guess.

-Thoughts on Tennogen

Tennogen continues to amaze from those with the time to contribute and I think we can all agree there support and talent is appreciated. There are some reoccurring names for creators to frequent the list on the new wave and some new contributors too, a nice balance and a fair judgement of truly stellar additions to the Fashionframe community.

- The return of Lato and Braton Vandal

'Sure why not?' is the stance I always have for these sort of exclusives - they are usable content that impact a number of progressional values and having an ever shrinking percentile of players have them gathering dust appreciating them doesn't seem like a good use of that content. for the Braton and Lato Vandal in particular, these aren't weapons that change the game by there inclusion in a veteran's arsenal, most have moved on to bigger, better and primer guns since then, but it's still something that perhaps a newer player could appreciate, that slight edge over the standard and tutorial variants would likely be appreciated more in that environment. 

Every-growing rarity is never something that's done it for me and I've never felt like I needed to be rewarded further when the exclusivity of something special ends - what makes something special is how much you can appreciate it, having items 3 years before most is something to appreciate, just as it was a token of appreciation from the devs to you for participating in that era of warframe.

Re-enabling the availability of content is not a bad thing and yes, strike this founder where he stands, I'd love for other people to be able to obtain Excalibur Prime - I had 3 years to appreciate my most-used warfarme so sure, why not?

- Do I like how Titania looks?

yep, I'll be hype for her release, more so for her playstyle potential than looks though.

-Thought on Glyphs

I feel like i need to know a lot more about Glyphs.

The podcast isn't appearing on the OP for me.

Regarding relics I'm kind of on the fence. On the one hand constantly using new relics stops the drop tables from clogging up. On the other hand players can't prepare for the next prime, people would have to grind immediately for the new relic. In saying that I suppose it does get more people to play various missions besides fissures. It would also get people to play a bit more instead of instantly getting the new thing(s) and moving on. The value of prime access also increases as this appears to be a huge leap in grinding for the new prime however we haven't even seen the first iteration of this with Nekros prime.

So I'll say it's good but it appears to be a lot more grinding. My biggest concern is the prime vault catching up and vaulting something indefinitely.

30 minutes ago, MDRLOz said:

A better suggestion would be get the people in the stream suggest their own ideas on a particular problem that exists within the game and see how the discussion pans out. The questions asked were quite closed to begin with basically diluting to "Did you think X was a good feature in the game?". A better style question would be "So X is a problem as highlighted in the devstream, what do you think is the key issues of this topic and how would you change it?".   

actually that sounds a bit better, maybe near the end they could answer FAQ's from the previous podcast concerning the latest updates? could make the community that bit more like they're involved that bit extra

-Fov change in archwing

Overall the change feels much better. There is one tiny exception though: melee attacks that don't dash at an enemy cause the camera to zoom back into to the position it was at before this latest change. It'll zoom back out once you stop using melee, but the zoomed in camera brings back that feeling of claustrophobia the camera changed sought to remove.

On a side note for archwing: a button to let us re-orient ourselves manually is very much needed.

Edited by Dragonah

3 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

If there's enough interest, we can do a lot to expand on this idea in the future. For now, we hope to cover the devstreams as a sort of "aftershow" with community commentary.

Moar podcasts pls ;__;

I really enjoyed it, and based on all the topics that was addressed throughout, it really did get me thinking alot more critically about many different aspects of Warframe. I typically "go-with-the-flow" or so to speak, and tend to let content that's more relevant to me sink in before I give any thoughts and feelings on, but it was definitely nice to hear about the other bits of content I don't normally really consider that often on and how it affects me as a player (i.e. sigils and other cosmetics, how the Update schedule has been working out so far this summer, content-versus-reworks, etc, etc).

Regardless though, can't wait for the next one!~

#srslydoe #moarpodcastspls

i4486NM.gif

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

Man, liven up those people a bit. This was like listening to NPR.

This should all like, "This is Rebecca representing from London, Ontario! What's all this, then, govna? Sling your hook!"

Ho-ho-hoooooooooonk!

*explosion sounds*

It was like you recorded this in a library.

I guess it's fine hearing the "people's reaction" to info from the Devstream but this thing should have unique segments for things not seen in the other two shows. At least one.

And keep the Vandal unique! Cause this is another door opened for the released of the founder items. If the excuse is affinity for MR then why not release those 3 things?

I just found Community Hot Topics overall more convenient, I'm not into audio only streams of the same people discussing them (I assume the guests are not going to fluctuate much, almost every well known content creator was in this first one). I won't personally listen to the streams, but I'll continue giving my opinion on whatever matter pertains to me through the new hot topics.

3 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

And keep the Vandal unique! Cause this is another door opened for the released of the founder items. If the excuse is affinity for MR then why not release those 3 things?

Founders paid for exclusivity and will keep exclusivity, in no way does Braton and Lato Vandal returning open up the gate for Founder's gear doing the same thing. Steve and Rebecca already solidified this statement in a recent Prime Time. I'm confident when I say there's nothing to worry about when it comes to the idea of Founder gear returning. If it somehow happens, slap me.

Edited by LazerSkink

4. How do you feel about the total number of Relics changing as Primes are added/vaulted?

If Relics containing Vaulted Warframe would stay (as with Mag), then every time a new Prime comes out there will be the need to add a new Relic to the bunch, with new Prime parts and different loot tables.
The problem is the farm is going to increase esponentially, since nobody will have those new Relics and will have to start farming for them AFTER the new Prime release, starting from ZERO.
Also the work DE will need to do is bigger time by time. Cause they'll have to fix loot tables around the Star Chart to add and rebalance new Relics.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

4 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

I'm still listening, but so far, I'm not really a fan of the stream.

Some of these community members I have a lot of respect for, but there's really nothing special in their opinions - it's literally just listening to players say 'Oh yeah, that's a good change' or 'Oh yeah, that sucks'. Like, there are a million posts on this forum that have just as much or more substance. There's nothing of value or insightful.

I do enjoy listening to opinion pieces, but only if they're something that has a lot research and forethought put behind it, not something as shallow and spontaneous as 'What do you think of the Archwing FOV changes?' 'Oh yeah, it's cool'. Basically, this stream doesn't seem to be anything worth my time, putting it bluntly. Maybe I'm missing the point of it.

Basically this^ I really feel like a better idea for a stream, or even an artical, would be bringing hot topics to devs, getting their input, and presenting it to the community to continue to discuss. I understand the devs have a lot on their plate, but even if we could get a few thoughts on the real hot topics of the week I think it would be really well received as opposed to what a few streamers have to say on the subject.

1. I don't have a problem with the update being split in half (Lunaro is a self-contained PvP mode, not enough to be considered a full update). Splitting the update was never the problem. The problem was you severely underestimated your workload, resulting in wild misscheduling.

Specters of the Rail (Archwing, Void, Star Chart, and progression changes) and War Within should have always been two different updates. But they should have been updates 20 and 21 with something less extensive for 19 to bridge the gap, if those two were going to take so long to complete.

Stop aiming so high. Get a thing done and then release it. If there's one mistake I never want to see happen again with the development of this game, it's this gross mismanagement of development time. And you can't tell me that having to double back and fix things that shouldn't have launched yet didn't make things take longer.

4. I'd rather not have to farm a few new keys every time there's a new Prime release, but I don't consider it too great a burden if I can find those keys in multiple mission types.

I hate Survival. I've voiced this a number of times on different social platforms. I hated it when it was introduced and I hate it now. But I wouldn't ask for its removal as long as so many others enjoy it.

If I have to do a Survival to get a key because it's the only map that has it, then I'll feel forced to do something I hate. Not once, but many times. It'll be the same way I felt forced into doing something I hate when I had to do Void survivals for parts. If that's how it's going to work, then this whole Void change will have solved nothing.

2. How do you feel about the field of view change in Archwing?

The change was great for me. I didnt had difficulty with the perspective of it. The problem to me is that when I use Archwing thrusters I feel like im  with a hand break pulled. The movement is slow, its not fluid.

Except for the expected bugs, everything is great. Also I want to congratulate the [DE] for fixing the bugs as soon as they can, and they are being fast at it! Thanks!

@.DN.GAMERQUAKER

If you arent going to discuss the hard topics, then im with the few people here who see no point to the pod cast except to paint a picture of the wonderful world of warframe.

But all is not wonderful.

3+ years, and no sight of any kind of end game content. I literally log on, do the sorties.... and log off.

support for the dojo is merely a memory of something long ago

not to mention support for clan/alliance leaders. Many of us have at least been advocating for making use of the inbox system to send out news letters or alerts to our members about upcoming or changing information.

dark sectors were a mess, archwing is still a mess, and when something fails, it gets forgotten for months on end.

Do the podcast if you plan to be transparent and talk about the tough stuff with a variety of community members, and not just feature "yes men"

1. How do you feel about the update being split into three parts, despite delays

> Other.
I get husbanding your content releases, especially when you're working from the perspective of 'content is life'. That said, I don't care for it overmuch. (Probably because I don't stop playing if there isn't some new weapon to max every other week, but  I may be the exception. Regardless, the drip-feeding comes across as very cynical and/or condescending.)

All that said, I'm content with the wait if it means that the content is stabler; cleaner, when it comes out.
Aside from that, content patches are usually 1-2 new weapons, maybe a skin. Updates are usually a frame, maybe a quest, maybe an event - which may be tied to a maybe new gamemode and a bunch of changes. There aren't enough distinct varieties of new content at once to necessitate splitting them into sub-updates.
Which is why I'm pleased that the U19 batch was split. It allowed Lunaro (and then the new star chart) to get the attention they deserved (8 and 13 hotfixes, respectively), without being drowned out and lost amid the deluge of new stuff.

> No opinion.
As long as I don't get the PoV bug that locks the camera behind my avatar's shoulder, the PoV doesn't bother me much.
What does, is the automatic 'slow roll' that auto-righting is. That makes me dizzy.

3. How do you feel about the Trace capacity changes?

Apparently you can't see which option you voted for anymore, but I think I voted
> Bad - I'm not happy with Trace capacity (post explanation below).

On 7/24/2016 at 4:20 AM, Chroia said:

The increasing Trace banking is potentially helpful for 'futureproofing'. (Particularly since you apparently won't be able to pre-farm keys anymore.)
The question is - of course - given drop rates and relic dilution,  how likely is it that you'd actually get your target new Relic before having gained 100 new Void Traces with which to upgrade it.

In the current reward distribution paradigm it's highly likely that you will get 100 VT or more before getting a new Relic, which will bottleneck your VT throughput.
Anything beyond raising the Trace limit high enough to not-lose VTs if you start a Fissure with 99 VT is pointless, and given that the most VT you can get in a single mission is 30 (60 with booster, potentially 120 with a Smeeta buff), you'll never realistically need more than a 219 VT limit.

A higher limit than that just means you can stockpile for longer before you hit the 'have to start spending' point... which, given you'll get 100 more VT before getting another Relic you want to Radiant, makes absolutely no difference.

4. How do you feel about the total number of Relics changing as Primes are added/vaulted?

I probably voted
> Other (post explanation below).

I don't care whether or not Relics change - As far as gameplay goes, they are completely inert and interchangeable.
As to how many are active at a time, the only concern is how accurately I can target a specific Relic.
Under the current paradigm? I'd need all the non-new PA relics removed.
Under a 'token' system, or a lossy trade-in system? Have as many simultaneous relics as you want, as it'd barely-if-at-all impact my focused hunting.

5. What is your first impression of the new Tennogen items overall?

> No opinion.
None of them make any difference to me, since I don't play Warframe through Steam.

Question is, what's the question?
Are you asking for art feedback?
If so: A few are quite nice, a couple are jarring, a few fill niches that DE official skins haven't covered, and most are 'take it or leave it'.

6. Should the Lato and Braton Vandal return?

> No, don't bring them back.

On 7/15/2016 at 5:25 AM, Chroia said:

for the record, I don't have either of them.

On 5/1/2016 at 3:30 PM, Chroia said:

The thing about event weapons, none of them are mechanically unique, and most of them aren't even "Best in Slot".

For the most part, all you're missing out on is Mastery exp, and honestly? You can get enough of that to get you past level 12 (which is the highest important MR atm) without ever leveling a single Prime piece of gear.

-snip-

Will I complain if they're re-added? No. Free mastery is free mastery.
But as opposed to the Snipetron/Vandal, which I did want returned (It's a hitscan, Puncture-biased sniper with innate punchthrough, which is 2 properties that no other sniper offers) -  the Braton/Lato Vandal aren't mechanically unique, or BiS. There is no good reason that I can think of to make them available again.
All rereleasing them will do is cheapen them, imo. atm they are one of the very few un-duplicateable signifiers.
Seems a shame to throw that away just for 6k mastery.

Offering unique skins instead is nice, but as far as impact goes - I rarely ever notice skins.
On the other hand, pressing esc and seeing a Lato Vandal in someone's loadout? That has some impact.
ofc, that may just be me.

7. What is your first impression of Titania?

> She looks ok.

8. Are you excited for Glyphs?

> No. They don't interest me.
I doubt I'll ever use one.
I doubt I'll often be in place long enough to see one someone else sprayed.
I doubt I'll see any custom ones I'll appreciate - meaning all they are is just more visual clutter (and a drain on system resources, where relevant).

And, on a more meta level: They're "camel's back" immersion breaking. Does simultaneously holding the concepts 'Mysterious, stealthy, honorable master-warrior' and 'someone who spraypaints tags on things' in your head honestly not cause any dissonance?

Edited by Chroia

1. How do you feel about the update being split into three parts, despite delays ?

Meh. You know better than us if an update is too massive to be released all at once, and I'd rather have you delay War Within than release it in the state SotR was. Seriously, 14 hotfixes in and there's still a lot of problems in. Plus releasing it right before Tennocon was probably no the best idea.

2. How do you feel about the field of view change in Archwing ?

Good. But, to be honest, I still don't see why you had to go and change it in the first place, so I may be biased here.

4. How do you feel about the total number of Relics changing as Primes are added/vaulted ?

Well ... I don't really care about it, as long as there is a reliable (at least 80% chance drop, if not guaranteed) way to obtain the new reclics that without paying plats. The last thing we need in another layer of RNG.

6. Should the Lato and Braton Vandal return ?

Yes. Perhaps. Why ask me, though ? I think this question should have been reserved for the people who already owns them.

About Question #1:

Ideally I'd love for Updates to be split apart like this one, but only if it was done in a way that made each part feel more refined on its own.

In this case, it seemed as if every part so far came fairly unprepared into the game. If that's going to be the case indefinitely, it's going to make every single content launch an uncomfortable experience for new and old players alike, and 2 weeks after the patch has been completely redesigned / altered, another unnecessary readjustment period. The excitement of new content will be easily drained away.

I understand DE's desire to test anything they can and get feedback as fast as possible, and the game's 'Open Beta' status certainly allows it, but in the long run this tactic will most likely backfire with players feeling less invested and knowing how unreliable new patches are. There are very few worse things for an online game than having the fanbase for it groan with frustration at the sight of updates.

If Update launches continue to be done in the same way as the last few years, with occasional half-cooked mechanics and broad ideas that aren't fully implemented, then I fully support the "Bad, I'd rather get it all at once" category.

If it has even the slightest chance of making the new, bigger patches feel more cohesive, then that's worth it. On top of that it would let players test out all of the kinks and issues immediately, rather than prolonging the painful process over weeks and months with multiple big updates shaking things up over and over.

I love the idea, you should definitely do more of those 

I just have one suggestion and that is you should at least tell us who is talking. Like I recognize AGGP, DK, Mogamu and Rebecca's voices, but I don't know the other YTers and streamers, and since I agree with everything they've said, I'd at least like to know who they are so I can follow then....it'll be a good ' publicity ' overall 

1. Specters of the Rail left bitter aftertaste, so while I'm not too happy about splitting content, I'm just terrified to even think what would U19 look like and how long it'd take to deliver if not for splitting.

4. Fluctuating number of relics doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that I'm still denied an ability to farm Frost Prime due to Prime Vault not going anywhere. Turning prime acquisition into "pay or pray" event leaves a major stain on this game's design decisions in my point of view.

>Other

Ya, She looks great, but I hate flying in a narrow space, unlike the space are freedom.

For Titania's skill become Archwing mode, I suggest the view & control can prefer back for the old Archwing view in horizon, so Titania‘s skill will not make us confuse or blind & more efficient in mission.

Edited by QuantaOO

Need more dynamic view as we constantly move in 3d space, some area has really narrow space, while most got a huge space.

3. How do you feel about the Trace capacity changes?
Capacity on the mission still feel too limiting (10 / run), maybe increase it to 15?

While her design look good, turning into mini archwing with the metalic-like wing doesnt seem to fit her butterfly theme. Perhaps making it move around/flapping will fix it.

2 hours ago, Kenshin98 said:

I just have one suggestion and that is you should at least tell us who is talking. Like I recognize AGGP, DK, Mogamu and Rebecca's voices, but I don't know the other YTers and streamers, and since I agree with everything they've said, I'd at least like to know who they are so I can follow then....it'll be a good ' publicity ' overall 

Agreed, @[DE]Drew. Please make a quick introduction round next time - for everyone except you and @mogamu (correct account?), I have no idea who the people behind those voices are. Also, I think it would be better if you limit the number of guests to three or four. You seemed to have about a dozen people in the chat and it was a bit hard to follow who was speaking at times.