Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game-braking desync and FPS drop after the recent update

Fenicis

It's been so in the history of Warframe when performance was dropping to game-breaking levels (*cough* Tethra's Doom *cough*). And it feels that now it's the time again - save for it's never been THAT bad yet.

My computer is not a beast, but it's sufficent to run all the newest games on at least medium graphics settings. Yet in Warframe, and only in Warframe, I've been watching the FPS continuing to drop and drop, especially as of late. I used to play this game on almost all maxed... now I'm getting 10 FPS ALWAYS, regardless of action or stasis - bumping to 12-15 in Liset. And it's all on EVERYTHING on Minimal settings. I was forced to play Ignis exclusivelly, as any other weapon wouldn't hit an enemy.

But not anymore. With what happened after this update, not even my beloved flamespitter can help.

I'm talking about the horrible latency in game's response to controls. It's always had this slight, but very annoying bug, but now it came to the point where Warframe is officially unplayable once again for me. It takes from half to even one and a half second for the cursor, crosshair or ANYTHING to even respond - in a fast game like Warframe this renders almost everything, maybe save for max Primed Reach Orthos Prime, out of commision - but even with it I'm rarely able to hit more than two guys in a group.

What's worse, I'm not the only one with this problem - my real life friends playing Warframe experience the same. One of my pals can play Witcher 3 on all max, but is still getting 10-15 fps in Warframe + the controls latency... that's why I, as the only one active on this forum from our pack, created this thread.

Do you, guys, experience anything like this? Especially after the last update? Have you found any, even the slightest, solution (aside from: driver updating, disc defrag, game cache optimalization, virtual memory cache enlargement etc)? I want to note again that my PC runs all the modern games smoothly on medium or high settings, Warframe is an exception to this rule. Thanks for your constructive feedback on the problem!

One please post System specs, Two please consider reading my Thread it addresses some issues with the game, I alsu suspect that you and your friend have issues with too much processes running in the background.

Also consider running Malwarebytes and run it once to see if you have some Malware or virus issues on your system.

https://malwarebytes.com/

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Hey, thanks for your reply.

The problem has been partially solved - it turns out that the Borderless Fullscreen and Windowed mode drops the FPS and makes the desync skyrocket, but only with DX10 enabled. The desync fell to ~0.3 seconds, so it's arguably playable for us now.

As of the processes and possible malwares/spywares/viruses, tis' impossible to improve - our PCs are clear (Checked twice with Kaspersky Total Security 2016), and we don't run any unnecessary processes (Stopping seemingly heavy processes like Skype or Hamachi didn't help at all, no difference in play).

Thanks for the ideas, though. We've saved your thread for future refference and we'll now see if the things improve or continue to get worse with next updates.

if you are having severe issues, try running the game on DX9, it usually boosts performance for me about 50% or more

for some reason with certain patches the fps drops drastically, but I feel that it still works decently on DX9

then when the performance of the game goes up again, I turn it back to DX11

On 8/12/2016 at 3:28 PM, aerosoul1337 said:

Mostly FPS stuttering during Excavation missions.

FPS drop from 200 to 40 sometimes.

This happens after Specter of the Rail.

this ^^

however, i only got the fps drop with the nekros changes. which is real wierd. i drop to 40 fps from 150 when using nekros with a shadows build and other frames will run at 60 fps (mesa ran at 125 fps in the souplacrum)

On 2016/8/15 at 6:35 PM, Wubong said:

this ^^

however, i only got the fps drop with the nekros changes. which is real wierd. i drop to 40 fps from 150 when using nekros with a shadows build and other frames will run at 60 fps (mesa ran at 125 fps in the souplacrum)

I noticed that nekros shadow  rework makes it worse too.

Excavation mission with nekros shadow = unplayable.

Turning off any graphic setting doesn't help.

I used to have 300+ FPS in game, now I got 40~50 in Excavation mission with nekros shadow.