Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Next Stance

Djolltax

Ok here's a forum semi-aimed at DE, and here's hoping they'll notice.

In terms of stances, we've been coming along fairly nicely. There's only one for gunblade, I get that, but at least it's cool. Now to draw attention to what we need next - and by next, I really mean as soon as possible.

A new god-damn pole-arm stance.

Seriously. 2 stances at the moment with exactly the same unworkable combo layout and clunky feeling mechanics, not to mention short, stale combos anyway. I want a fresh, clean, sweeping and arcing stance that uses the forward button and right clicking to switch combos, not holding or pausing or anything annoying like that.

I don't care how rare you make it or what tactical alert it drops from - I will go for it with all my heart because I so desperately need it.

Sorry for the 'blunt' format to how I usually word my posts. But this is serious stuff and I cannot express how deeply this subject is nagging me.

1 minute ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

DE are already working on a Tonfa and Gunblade stance. I admit, I would definitely like a new Polearm stance, but I think Machetes, Dual Swords, and Scythes should get one first.

Machetes, sure. Tonfas, yeah I guess. Other than that I think polearms ought to be up next - though don't get me wrong, I agree that the other weapon types you mentioned could do with one too.

I kinda disagree, what Polearms need are new combos for the existing stances first, except they aren´t limited to 2 combos anymore. Haven´t played polearms in a while I´ll admit.

And that leads me to something else. The Sydon needs her own stance since it´s technically a Spear and not a polearm.

23 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

DE are already working on a Tonfa and Gunblade stance. I admit, I would definitely like a new Polearm stance, but I think Machetes, Dual Swords, and Scythes should get one first.

Not the Machtee name a good one.. Dual swords are good . scythes maybe?

1 minute ago, (XB1)Solargeo said:

Not the Machtee name a good one.. Dual swords are good . scythes maybe?

Nami Solo isn't actually that bad stat-wise. It has decent crit potential, and would be great with Berserker... if it had a better stance.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Jennison99 said:

"Name a good one" is exactly why machetes should be getting a new and better stance.  

oooooor BUFF THE WEAPONS!...   

8 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Nami Solo isn't actually that bad stat-wise. It has decent crit potential, and would be great with Berserker... if it had a better stance.

I thought that was a sword......

1 hour ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

You got me at Dual Swords. There are so many strong dual-swords in the game, and yet both the stances are terrible. S#&$ty mobility, bad CC and way too low attack-rate.

Personally I want a new dual swords stance. Polearms for me are fine since my orthos prime destroys all things better than the lotus's kubrow blender. 

Dual swords however have really unnatural looking combos, slow attacks, and add to that Silly dashes that ruin all sense of combat since most of the time they dash you through enemies and force you to turn around to hit the things again. Don't think dual swords have had a new stance since the start of melee 2.0 yet they have the most weapons of all categories. I'd rather give a mass number of weapons a new stance than a set that only have 1-2 weapons. >.> and really.. did claws need to have more stances than weapons?