[DE]Megan

PC: Stalker's Acolytes have been spotted!

56 minutes ago, DesuEx said:

They're back already? Which one of you tenno broke their Linkin Park vinyls?

They sold out and went mainstream, Angst is here looking for In Flames vinyl, but anyone with Unearth, As I Lay Dying or Killswitch Engage will do.

7 minutes ago, NightElve said:

Angst is here looking for In Flames vinyl

You mean the new flame(Irfit) Xiphos skin? S#&$ gotta change my landing craft before emokitty finds me.

They seemed pretty mad at us the last time we attacked them unprovoked, maybe we should open a dialogue?

• Upvote 1

angst spwaned twice so far away that no one was near him. he "died" dropped mods which we grabbed and we had no idea how damaged him and why he spawned so far away froum us

2 hours ago, grahamnumber said:

im confused?  what is this can some one tell me? it seams like this is a big thing that is happing right now, how do i join in on the fun?

2 hours ago, DaBruuzer said:

Sorry, but my wife and I are new to WF.  What is this, exactly?

The Acolytes are the Stalker's apprentice-minions. Each one is named for an emotion, and wears the Stalker helmet rather than their base Warframe's helmet.

Unlike the Stalker, they don't come to you, you go to them.

thank you  DE ^.^ this is the one event i was hoping to see =)

although the acolytes sometimes don't spawn in at all..

3 hours ago, LoopStricken said:

But will they drop their loincloths this time around?

• Upvote 6

DE, why make this a weekend event?  It seems to me like the Acolytes have a fully working UI system and spawn mechanic that doesn't interfere with the server or the gameplay in any major way, so why not leave this running as a permanent fixture, just like Rathuum?  Rathuum came with some great unique mods that stayed around after the event ended, and so does the Acolyte event, and you did say yourself that you've been trying to think of a way of bringing these particular mods into the game somehow (apart from the ones that were put into the moon spy missions), so why not just let this run permanently as just another thing people can do when they're playing?

I can't imagine Stalker's Acolytes would go and dissappear for months on end when they've been given the task of killing the Tenno, Stalker certainly never gives up, so it makes sense for the Acolytes to be a permanent presence in the system just like their master.

• Upvote 10

24 minutes ago, Konachibi said:

DE, why make this a weekend event?  It seems to me like the Acolytes have a fully working UI system and spawn mechanic that doesn't interfere with the server or the gameplay in any major way, so why not leave this running as a permanent fixture, just like Rathuum?  Rathuum came with some great unique mods that stayed around after the event ended, and so does the Acolyte event, and you did say yourself that you've been trying to think of a way of bringing these particular mods into the game somehow (apart from the ones that were put into the moon spy missions), so why not just let this run permanently as just another thing people can do when they're playing?

I can't imagine Stalker's Acolytes would go and dissappear for months on end when they've been given the task of killing the Tenno, Stalker certainly never gives up, so it makes sense for the Acolytes to be a permanent presence in the system just like their master.

I sort of agree. I also think they should be permanent additions, but perhaps more closely related to the actual Stalker's mechanics, i.e. when you're marked you may actually run into one of these guys instead of the man himself. Or some special death marks could be added based on either specific bosses (e.g. killing Vor might yield a Mania mark or something) or other kills (e.g. maniacs or a certain number of Bursas or Eximus-types within a single mission). Just some ideas to think about

Edited by bootrecords
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Konachibi said:

+ 1

...If we 'kill' the Acolytes, why do we not tear off their helmets and wear them as trophies.You know. To mock the Stalker himself?

That's the one thing a lot of people want. Perhaps make it a very rare drop from the Stalker himself in place of all those mods he has that drop everywhere else?

I also agree about making them a permanent addition, but Hyenas and perhaps a single Sentient fighter squad could also be included?

In these spoilers is a drastically expanded list of assassins.

Spoiler

Assassins:

-Gustrag 3. Alerted when Grineer bosses are killed, at least 3, on top of original Invasion requisites. No icon changes.

May also be supplanted by Rathuum bosses.

-Zanuka. Requested upon Corpus boss destruction, 1 in 3 chance, on top of original Invasion requisites. No icon changes.

May also be supplanted by: Any member of Hyena Pack. A trio of Bursas. Razorback. Lynx. Jackal. If map allows.

-Stalker (old). Appears before new Stalker, icon is as it always was.

-Stalker (new). Mark is upgraded upon Stalker (old) defeat. Has Sentient logo in the background.

On higher difficulties, will be accompanied by one (levels 35 to 65) to two (levels 66+) Sentient Fighter squadrons, which will replenish their numbers until Shadow-Stalker is stopped. 

-Acolytes of the Stalker. Randomly alerted depending on their current location. They may supplant Stalker sometimes. Acolyte sigil is identifier.

Defeating any of them rewards you a Stalker (old) death mark.

-Sentient Fighter squadron. Deployed randomly after a Tenno uses their Focus power in a mission, starting with Oculysts. Can also appear in Archwing. Sentient icon.

Every 4 minutes the Sentient fighter squadron persists, or upon a Tenno's death, +1 Sentient Fighter until squad has died at least once.

-Corrupted Vor. Exclusive to Vor. Appears exclusively in the Void and Void Fissure missions of Axi era, Vor icon.

Accompanied by Eximus Corrupted Lancers in Grineer blues and browns wielding Braton Primes. 

If Vor is near Corrupted, they will immediately equip a Prime weapon equivalent to the weapon in use:

Corrupted Lancers: Braton Prime, Boltor Prime, Burston Prime.

Corrupted Butchers: Dual Kamas Prime, any dual-Prime melee.

Corrupted Crewman: Boar Prime, Tigris Prime. 

Corrupted Heavy Gunners: Soma Prime.

Corrupted Nullifiers: Vectis Prime.

Corrupted Bombards: Soma Prime or equivalents.

Corrupted Grineer Eximus: Random Prime weapon.

Corrupted Corpus Eximus: Random Prime weapon.

Specialized, non-Eximus Corrupted will don gold shoulderplates, elbow-plates, knee-plates.

-Prime Specter (AKA Corrupted Specter). Randomly appears in the Void, outfitted with it's recognizable assortment of Prime weapons. Is no stronger than your equivalent. Orokin icon.

The Prime Specter will appear almost anywhere, and will drop a complete set for one of it's Prime weapons or it's frame. Cannot consist of Vaulted Primes. The screen will flash gold, a Void fissure will appear, and it will come through. The classic drums will play and it will say "Your crimes against the Orokin must be paid for."

If the Stalker is present, the two will immediately conflict. Whoever wins gives you a weapon blueprint and something from the defeated opponent's loot table and leave.

If Prime Specter wins: "The Stalker has lost direction and has betrayed us. To act on this on our part, directly or otherwise, is a forgiveness. I must leave."

If Stalker wins: "I am not finished. I will return. First, I must prepare. I will be your reckoning."

-Opposing Syndicate Tenno. Tenno Mastery icon.

A player of equal Conclave Rating on the Syndicate that has you as the most hated may be sent to kill you. Defeating them will earn a random mod from that Syndicate.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, TheEternalJester said:

Untrue yourself. Not counting the ones that respawned (Which didn't last through the day they were reactivated), we STILL didn't kill them off in three days.

how is it untrue what I said? I can remember when I entered the event after the update, the first acolyte was already almost defeated and it lasted a few hours tops, so they readjusted the time for the acolytes to fit in the time DE wanted it to last

this is probably going to happen now too, they will last for the duration DE wants it to last, if it's a weekend thing, it will be gone by the end of the weekend

HEK YES! Bring it!

I missed a few mods last time around. I got the best ones of course (argon scope, blood rush...), but I'm still missing a few.

ok ty for the reply but was clueless bout it being part of the lore from the fragments. Btw can u replay the messages?

Edited by Black-chameleon
-Spoilers-

9 minutes ago, Black-chameleon said:

-snip-

That's some of the lore from the Cephalon Fragments, also it'd be nice if you wouldn't spoil it for those that haven't unlocked the messages yet.