Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prisma Gorgon has a problem

Kitzun

And the problem is that it sucks for its price.

50.000 credits is ok, let's say it's the crafting cost for it, like at the forge.

But 600 ducats for the stats it has means its price is simply too costly or the weapon itself is too crappy, it's the value of 6 rare prime parts in the new system.

People will tell me that it can be any 6 rare prime parts and I will answer that real prime parts are available whenever I want and I do not need to wait for Baro to sell them if I want the stuff.

So please, DE, try to understand that the Prisma Gorgon is like the prime version of the standard gorgon and give it the prime treatment by buffing it accordingly.

don't know about you, but the prisma gorgon is actually a fairly decent LMG only beaten by the supra (and the soma if it counts, but i absolutely hate the soma), slap on a speed trigger and an ammo mutation mod and it's the mg-42 of warframe

would i like a buff? if it makes it competitive with the supra, yes, but please don't buff the crit chance, we already have the soma prime for that, we don't need two crit based LMGs

You know the Prisma Gorgon is up there with the Boltor Prime and Soma, right? 15% crit chance and 2x crit damage is more than enough for a crit-build to give a very good damage boost, and the inconsistency doesn't matter since it's automatic.

Knood9t.png

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

Nah, it's not only Prisma Gorgon that's bad... the whole Gorgon family needs a buff, just like Supra got buffed... 

It's pretty obvious that they're somewhat of a symbol for each faction, Gorgon for Grineer and Supra for Corpus... alas, Supra is simply put better, even more with it's augment mod which grants it the large AoE effect (but that's just my opinion...). 

Anyways, the whole Gorgon family needs a buff either way.

As far as I can tell from use the Prisma Gorgon has too much spread to decently make something of its critical by getting headshots.

Imo it would be better if the crit chance was back to 5% and the base damage doubled, it would be coherent to go for raw damage with a bodyshot weapon instead of having meager underpowered critical due to spread.

I understand people like the gorgon serie, but it's not an excuse to not make it work; and considering the cost of the prisma variant it should be better than an underpowered basic soma.

The Prisma Gorgon does not "cost" anything. It is not the "value" of 6 Rare Prime parts, since generic Prime parts are also not worth anything, as they drop by the thousands just by doing missions. Baro is not asking you for 6 specific rare parts, he just accepts any rubbish, so 600 Ducats are relatively easy, as we now get a Reward Table to pick from and can just select a random rare (grey text) at about a rate of 1 every 3-4 missions.

If you want a system where the blingy, "worthless" things are really, really hard to get, look at Guild Wars 2, where skins - just skins - for a weapon could take years and years of RNG simply because there are stacked layers of RNG (ie the Chaos Skins), while in this game, its just any Prime parts you can give to Baro to gradually stack Ducats.

Why am I comparing 2 different games you say? "It's two different games!" people will scream. Well, sorry, but It's getting tiring hearing that "things are hard to get, and since they are hard to get, they should be better" when it should be plainly obvious that you are NOT being offered a Prisma Gorgon for the Stats, you are being given one for the "Prisma skin", and if was trivial to get, then it wouldn't be "bling", it would be "more MR fodder", as some of you call it.

TL'DR (at the end this time for me)

It's not a gun, it's a skin in gun form. You are "paying" for the ability to say "I have Ducats to burn, check this out".

Edited by DSpite

1 hour ago, Kitzun said:

As far as I can tell from use the Prisma Gorgon has too much spread to decently make something of its critical by getting headshots.

Imo it would be better if the crit chance was back to 5% and the base damage doubled, it would be coherent to go for raw damage with a bodyshot weapon instead of having meager underpowered critical due to spread.

I understand people like the gorgon serie, but it's not an excuse to not make it work; and considering the cost of the prisma variant it should be better than an underpowered basic soma.

The prisma has nearly no horizontal spread opposed to the standard one.

But yeah it's not an Argon Scope candidate - Bladed Rounds on the other hand guarantees continuous 1k-2k crits everywhere.

3 hours ago, DSpite said:

Why am I comparing 2 different games you say? "It's two different games!" people will scream. Well, sorry, but It's getting tiring hearing that "things are hard to get, and since they are hard to get, they should be better" when it should be plainly obvious that you are NOT being offered a Prisma Gorgon for the Stats, you are being given one for the "Prisma skin", and if was trivial to get, then it wouldn't be "bling", it would be "more MR fodder", as some of you call it.

This I agree with.  The gun can be gotten within a week of running casual, random fissures.  I consider it a trophy piece that is able to be used in mid-game/early end-game. 

12 hours ago, Kitzun said:

And the problem is that it sucks for its price.

50.000 credits is ok, let's say it's the crafting cost for it, like at the forge.

But 600 ducats for the stats it has means its price is simply too costly or the weapon itself is too crappy, it's the value of 6 rare prime parts in the new system.

By sucks for its price what you're really saying is sucks for the amount of time required to obtain 600 ducats.   But since that time can vary based on rng or relics used, or simply the state of mind of the person playing, this boils down to subjective experience.  

Compared to the Wraith, the Prisma Gorgon is better at crit builds and spewing a ton of rounds (due to it's fire rate and magazine size) while the Wraith is better at status builds (which, due to being mainly impact, means stunlocking the hell out of enemies), Prisma Gorgon also looks cooler. Either way, because of the lack of built in polarities, hope you have a lot of Forma and time on your hands if you wanna build it.

• 1 month later...