Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Concept Art Thread] Smuggler's Refuge | The Road to Completion

MissMarifire

17 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

Isn't that Ordis job anyway? He should be able to scan Grineer transmissions while we listen to some smooth Corpus jazz, right?

I imagine, among other things. However, it's like that there was only one radio implemented in each liset, and Ordis probably doesn't like babysitting the Tenno on those sorts of things. Also, it could be likely that Ordis was too busy listening to it that it caught him off-guard.

That or he's a scrublord hipster who only listens to Orokin chants :^) Though, I'm sure his new lore says otherwise on his opinion on them...

Edited by MissMarifire

2 hours ago, MissMarifire said:

I imagine, among other things. However, it's like that there was only one radio implemented in each liset, and Ordis probably doesn't like babysitting the Tenno on those sorts of things. Also, it could be likely that Ordis was too busy listening to it that it caught him off-guard.

That or he's a scrublord hipster who only listens to Orokin chants :^) Though, I'm sure his new lore says otherwise on his opinion on them...

maybe ordis secretly listens to death metal while we're away but then regrets remembering spoilery stuff brought on by the edgy music.

I've finished sketching a second outfit for Jyoti. Once I've finished tweaking, I'll begin lining.

LkRpTE9.png

On the topic of the concept: I have almost completed preparing two Google docs containing two different versions of it, both having various different options depending on the version. Once they're finished, I'll be linking it on this thread and the concept thread, as well as cleaning the main post up.

2 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

Man, I wish I could sew more than just buttons and little bags from old handkerchiefs so I could make that outfit for next year's TennoCon or something like that.

It'd certainly be a sight to see. Though, I'm sure the cincher would be a little bit more than a nuisance. Blame Jyoti's genetics, most members of the Tal family have tiny waists and are big show-offs, so they wear them to accentuate their outfits.

29 minutes ago, MissMarifire said:

Though, I'm sure the cincher would be a little bit more than a nuisance.

I'd probably have to interpret the design a bit liberal at that point (if I got rid of my belly, I'd certainly get down to ~70cm, but he looks more like 50cm), but I've worn corsets before, so that wouldn't be much of a problem. If it's uncomfortable, you're either overdoing it or it doesn't fit properly in the first place. At least that's my stance on that.

Edited by Bibliothekar

3 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

I'd probably have to interpret the design a bit liberal at that point (if I got rid of my belly, I'd certainly get down to ~70cm, but he looks more like 50cm), but I've worn corsets before, so that wouldn't be much of a problem. If it's uncomfortable, you're either overdoing it or it doesn't fit properly in the first place.

True, true. Nonetheless I'd be absolutely flattered to have someone cosplay as one of my characters.

37 minutes ago, MissMarifire said:

Nonetheless I'd be absolutely flattered to have someone cosplay as one of my characters.

Well, I'm still planning on making a Corpus Tech cosplay (first step: finally get around to building the Supra), and his design looks like something that would be quite comfortable for mingling afterwards. :)

3 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

Well, I'm still planning on making a Corpus Tech cosplay (first step: finally get around to building the Supra), and his design looks like something that would be quite comfortable for mingling afterwards. :)

Gotta agree with you on comfortability; They look pretty snug, would be good for in the winter whereas you can stuff it full of stuff to make it all nice and toasty. Perfect for hanging out with your crewmen friends on a chilly December afternoon. Or, perhaps a sleepover! I've joked with my little brother about how their suits look like onesies. Man, what I'd give to buy one of those.

Edited by MissMarifire

34 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

Cool concept, I like both versions. :)

Quick question regarding Lares: Are they really Tenno like us, or rather like the Lotus guys we free in rescue missions?

Hm, good question. It'd be pretty neat to see other Tenno controlling Warframes for, well, not-war, but it's likely that they're just going to be those operatives.  But who knows, I might change my mind down the road.

Like, imagining a Mirage, Banshee, and Rhino in a band. That would be interesting, to say the least.

2 minutes ago, MissMarifire said:

Like, imagining a Mirage, Banshee, and Rhino in a band. That would be interesting, to say the least.

I wonder if Banshee singing would have a similar effect on the audience as Black Canary.

Edited by Bibliothekar

unknown.png

My linework isn't the best, and never will be, but I still dig it nonetheless. I'll add in his helmet... accessory... thing eventually.

Not fond of the saturation of details on the top half compared to the bottom half, though. Whenever I go through it again I'll definitely focus more on spreading it out more.

Edited by MissMarifire

1 hour ago, MissMarifire said:

Yeah, lineart in itself is awful to do, and I've never really had all too many good experiences with ArtRage either. Man, I can't even imagine lining art with it.

artrage really has a lack of good brushes and it frankly isn't fun to color with either.

paint.net is also bad due to it's barely basic tablet/drawing pad support, and only two brushes.

I would use photoshop cs2 but can't find a working link anywhere so I'm kinda screwed.

15 hours ago, TheMetrocop said:

artrage really has a lack of good brushes and it frankly isn't fun to color with either.

paint.net is also bad due to it's barely basic tablet/drawing pad support, and only two brushes.

I would use photoshop cs2 but can't find a working link anywhere so I'm kinda screwed.

Try craptool SAI.