Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Concept Art Thread] Smuggler's Refuge | The Road to Completion

MissMarifire

• 2 weeks later...

With The Avos Venture out, I've been working on a few things in the background (+ editing parts of the quest itself because hooo boy proofreading is not my strong suit it seems). I've decided to give Faus a redesign because it seems I'm never actually set on her design:

Spoiler

FilaNbH.jpg

As well as a couple Tumblr doodles for fun; on on the request of my dear friend Trash_Frame here who seems to have an odd thing for old, dead memes, the other is a response of a particularly questionable ask relating to her.

Spoiler

GeLlnsL.png

j93tMBX.png

YVghuGh.png

Edited by MissMarifire

On 2/19/2017 at 2:50 PM, Air-o said:

Rough sketch of Ora Tel, more soooon D: these things take time :3 @MissMarifire

<3

I've got another wip in the oven, this time one I used to test Krita out. It's an... interesting program. I'll have to experiment more with it, but for now I'm sticking to Medibang.

Spoiler

tmZNhxh.png

My friends and I have began affectionately calling Artem here the "swole void mom".

In the Super Secret Drafts :tm:, she's planned to be a boss that the Tenno will fight eventually. It'll be interesting seeing how the Tenno fare against the likes of a jacked 4'6 Void priestess.

Edited by MissMarifire

2 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

Reminds me a bit of the Venus of Willendorf. :D But hey, why shouldn't the Corpus worship a symbol of fertility/prosperity?

She herself isn't worshipped, the Void is. She's just one of those crazies that leads that sort of thing because people think that the Void speaks to her.

Think Nef Anyo but obsurdly short and with more magnets.

Edited by MissMarifire

19 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

Thanks for that laugh. :D

I mean, her and Nef Anyo do rendezvous in the Super Secret Draft Doc :tm:. It's got a really cheesy quest that's going to get scrapped for being too cheesy: our dear friend Neffy actually tries to get with her kid (Faus) through the power of cash money and unfortunate events on so that it could give him an edge against the more skeptical Corpus and make his conman act even more legit looking, but we find that opposites really don't attract.

Unlike magnets.

Magnets are the 1truwaifu.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while since I've done any art with the Star. With Nerrivik's rework, Asibikaashi's conception, and the deadline for a very big project coming up, I haven't had much time to sit down and actually finish a piece, only starting pieces.

This being said, I did start on a new piece that is somewhat related to the Star. Word of warning, it is a bit gorey at the moment; its very early in the planning stages. A spoiler for it will be added shortly; I'm in lab at the moment and spoilers are desktop-only spoiler get! Sorry about that.

Spoiler

unknown.png

Edited by MissMarifire

• 3 weeks later...

New update, new stuff. Relay reworkings have been moved to The Virtuous Stars; this thread's now about The Noxus. Once I get things going with The Virtuous Stars, I'll have a thread up for that.

For now, I've introduced three new bands! And, on top of that, a wip design for one of their leaders, Cera Luxor.

Spoiler

tumblr_oo0u9dkXdX1r8w24zo1_1280.png

Basically, this chick's the lovely firstborn child of the CEO of the Luxor Forge, and a popular Corpus electro-pop singer of Triox. 

Why is she at the Noxus? Around those nasty Tenno? Well, her daddy likes to get in her profits a bit too often, and Cera isn't too fond of that. Not to mention how attentive an audience of mute space ninjas can be...

• 2 weeks later...

Hooo, boy. Of all the things I could do, I didn't think I could finish an entire course that should've taken a year in a little less than a week.

You'd think something like that would literally melt my brain, doing it from the moment I get home to the moment I go to bed. And, well... yeah. It did. However! I did work on a little something, albeit self indulgent as all hell, during my breaks from working on it. I was able to finish it last night. I've originally planned it as the ending to the WIP quest, but at the end of it all I opted it as for The Avos Venture as per its rewrite once I get to it (there's a few notes I got for it and a buuunch of the quests that are in the Noxus, things are boutta get interesting). Since it's all implied, it's likely that players won't ever actually see this sort of thing but... let me have my fun, hush.

Spoiler

tumblr_oosnppxCcu1ujyzt4o1_1280.jpg

Full image is here. (Warning: It's 4,000 x 4,000 pixels!)

Bonus (also has a really big canvas).

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_oosngm4Eik1r4rycp_1280.jpg

Additional bonuses for your bonus, sketches and S#&amp;&#036;posts I made during my work on it based on some discussions I've had while working on those classes:

Spoiler

oN6K1IP.png

8i813Ic.png

Q7ATeL7.pngz

Edited by MissMarifire

Geezus ell madam! Thank the powers that be that I haven't pestered you for your thoughts recently! Talk about an epic art push out. Also, gratz on finally breaking the shackles a schoolwork! LIBERTA!

On 4/22/2017 at 8:17 PM, Unus said:

Geezus ell madam! Thank the powers that be that I haven't pestered you for your thoughts recently! Talk about an epic art push out. Also, gratz on finally breaking the shackles a schoolwork! LIBERTA!

Couple more weeks, I'll be graduated and out of high school. Certainly looking forward for a bit of time to breathe... and get around to working on more concept art.

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, MissMarifire said:

PSJPewa.png

Some planned weapons for the Noxus. They're cheesy for a reason.

Bonus, the most OP weapon/instrument of them all:

Reveal hidden contents

Cbo6SIs.png

is that a desert camouflaged guitar? 

3 hours ago, Rhekemi said:

Oh, music weapons. Cool.

What's the jar say?

Reveal hidden contents

WHAT'S THE JAR SAY?

According to my sources, they say its an archaic pre-Orokin weapon used by some to frighten others by its taste. Some were dangerous enough to grow an affinity for it.

Spoiler

Edited by MissMarifire

4 hours ago, MissMarifire said:

According to my sources, they say its an archaic pre-Orokin weapon used by some to frighten others by its taste. Some were dangerous enough to grow an affinity for it.

Hide contents

Bah, dem it, I thought it was either glue or "pess-in-a-jar". Really need to dig into the old spongy till again sometime.

One of the things I've always been wanting to do is draw more art for my concepts. More specifically, I've been wanting to draw comics for them, because people love pretty pictures. Of course, I get sidetracked with farming, the new clan, serious art...

So these are left in goofy looking drafts.

I finished this godforsaken thing at 5 AM, so it's likely much of it'll be played around with later. I just wanted the ideas down at the time before I forgot about them.

Spoiler

sMGForl.png

Fun fact: I've actually had this guy for a super long time, he's the previous chairman of the Board of Directors. His name is Har Dul. He won't have involvement aside from this little comic for this concept, but he may for one of my other concepts.