Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Melee Weapons Idea/Speculations

(PSN)LoisGordils

So, with the Heliocor opening the gates to Syndicate Melee Weapons, let's make some speculations on which weapons will get the syndicate treatment.

1. Sancti Tonbo: The Tonbo looks elegant and doesn't really portray violence, which fits New Loka's peaceful ways (if you can ignore the whole Death Squad thing). It's a polearm that, at least from my experience, is not really appreciated.

2. Secura Lecta/Serro: Corpus weaponry that has been forgotten, especially the Lecta. Although I use the Serro a lot and it is a powerful weapon and I don't think it needs another version, the Lecta, however, is underwhelming and could use the Secura treatment. 

3. Rakta Karyst: Fits with the Red Veil's assassin theme and it would be nice to see a dagger get an upgraded version.

4. Synoid Heliocor: No need to explain

5. Telos Destreza: While many would quickly claim the Telos Boltace will be the Arbiters of Hexis' Syndicate Melee Weapon, think about it. Every single one of the Arbiter's sigils has swords. They have a recurring noble and honor bound sword theme. As such, an elegant, Puncture damage based blade like Destreza would fit more than a pair of tonfas

6. Vaykor Jat Kittag or Vaykor Ack & Brunt: I would probably go with the Ack & Brunt since Sword and Shield weapons could use some love, but since it is Tyl Regor's personal weapon, I don't know how that would fit. Vaykor Jat Kittag on the other hand, fits perfectly as I've seen Grineer Defectors wield it in battle.

Synoid Heliocor I don't think will be the same as Heliocor. Maybe Suda's will have axe blades and slash damage.

Telos Boltace is almost certainly a lock.

Vaykor Jat Kittag is likely I think. The weapon has quite a following.

Rakta... something slashy. Probably Tenno. Kronnen? Maybe a slash version of Lacera.

Secura Obex is my guess for Perrin. Sparring hasn't seen love in a while and it fits.

Sancti... who knows with those hippies? Maybe Silva Aegis.

Edited by VKhaun

If the patterns are anything to go by it's gonna' mostly what you said. However I don't want that, I feel that if they follow said patterns, we're gonna' end up with a few stronger versions of weapons that are already good enough.

New Loka (Tipedo would fit even better however), Perrin Sequence and Red Veil should get what you said probably, those are fine.

My problem with Cephalon Suda and the Heliocor is that the weapon is already pretty damn good already. I'd like to put things into it and use it a lot now, but I can't because it's going to be a waste when the other syndicates weapons release. What else would I like this syndicate to get? I don't know, because in truth there's nothing else that would fit.

Steel Meridian, well this is one where I hate the popular suggestions, It makes sense for it to be the Jat Kittag, but I hope it's not, weapon is great already. I really love shields in general, yet I hope it's not Ack & Brunt as many people say. As you said, it's Tyl Regor's weapon, not something others would mass-manufacture, let alone in a superior version. I think that's cool and should stay that way. What would I like instead? AMPHIS!

As for Arbiters of Hexis... hmm. Seeing as all they have are Boltor family weapons, it's probably going to be the Boltace. Not a fan of the weapon however and doesn't really fit them. I don't think the Destreza needs a superior version, it's a great weapon already. What else? Probably a sword still, yes, not sure which... maybe the Gram? Maybe one of the single swords? Pangolin or Jaw Sword? Not sure really.

9 hours ago, Drakenreiter said:

If the patterns are anything to go by it's gonna' mostly what you said. However I don't want that, I feel that if they follow said patterns, we're gonna' end up with a few stronger versions of weapons that are already good enough.

New Loka (Tipedo would fit even better however), Perrin Sequence and Red Veil should get what you said probably, those are fine.

My problem with Cephalon Suda and the Heliocor is that the weapon is already pretty damn good already. I'd like to put things into it and use it a lot now, but I can't because it's going to be a waste when the other syndicates weapons release. What else would I like this syndicate to get? I don't know, because in truth there's nothing else that would fit.

Steel Meridian, well this is one where I hate the popular suggestions, It makes sense for it to be the Jat Kittag, but I hope it's not, weapon is great already. I really love shields in general, yet I hope it's not Ack & Brunt as many people say. As you said, it's Tyl Regor's weapon, not something others would mass-manufacture, let alone in a superior version. I think that's cool and should stay that way. What would I like instead? AMPHIS!

As for Arbiters of Hexis... hmm. Seeing as all they have are Boltor family weapons, it's probably going to be the Boltace. Not a fan of the weapon however and doesn't really fit them. I don't think the Destreza needs a superior version, it's a great weapon already. What else? Probably a sword still, yes, not sure which... maybe the Gram? Maybe one of the single swords? Pangolin or Jaw Sword? Not sure really.

But tonfas don't go with theeeeeeeem D:

Look at their overall aesthetic 

Vaykor jat Kittag and Ack and brunt are most likely. I feel the jat Kittag is the most likely because:

-The syandana

-Justice syndicate with a rocket gavel

-Syndicate proc opens enemies to finishers, and hammers have the highest finisher damage barring covert lethality, so there's synergy

-Explosions, and the syndicate proc does blast damage

-Bailiff defectors are affiliated with steel meridian, and they wield Jats 

-Valid since its a relatively old weapon without an alternate variant, and its the 4th best hammer damage output wise

Edited by OzoneSlayer
Typo

Steel Meridian=Vaykor Ack & Brunt or Vaykor Amphis (I don't think they're going to go with the Jet Kittag tbh (but then again I never thought they'd prime the Tigris due to the Sancti version so meh))

AoH = Telos Boltace or Telos Tipedo (I don't see them deviating from the bolter family but if they do I can see then getting something like this)

CS = Synoid Heliocor (unless they make a pure energy version of the glaive then they're definitely going to get this)

Red Veil = Rakta Karyst or Rakta Heat Dagger (I'm almost certain they're going to get a dagger and I think those are the two likely candidates. Really outta left field though? Rakta Ripkas)

Perrin Sequence = Secura Redeemer (Ideally I'd love it if they got this but unfortunately they're properly (obviously) going to get some Corpus melee :(  )

New Loka = Sancti Destreza or Sancti Redeemer (the flowing design of the basket handle matches the similar..."flowiness" of the Castanas and the Tigris or another curved shotgun)