Jump to content
Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

The Stalker is Teshin and here's why - A theory with many a possible spoiler. Read at your own risk.


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

That statement could mean several things.

It could be it wasnt a military ship. Or they actually didnt put kids but the void turn the adults into kids, like you said.

The Zariman was lost to the Orokin for some time before it was found. It was bound for the Tau system as a colonist ship, the same place the things that became the Sentients went. When the colony ship did not report back, the Orokin likely sent other ships to go looking for it (it was an important thing for them to colonize the Tau system after all). Then they encountered the Sentients or they attacked. The Sentients started a war against the Orokin at some point, so military ships were sent to combat them. Sometime during all this the Zariman was probably found, and presumed as a military ship by the lesser informed members of the military that discovered it. All of the colonists on board except for the children were killed by the exposure to the void energy. Children being more capable of withstanding any kind of warping energy is not too uncommon of a trope, so likely that is what occurred here. They took the survivors and locked them away, fearing their power and the risk to the Orokin empire they represented ( the Orokin destroy projects that are deemed too high of a risk for backfiring, like the Crewman project or nearly the project that lead to the Sentients). The war went badly, as we all know, so they began making weapons to counter the adaptability of the Sentients by making something equally as adaptable; the infestation. Well, that didn't work well since that too backfired. Likely looking for a way to make the infestation more controllable or during their work on the infestation in general they discovered the power of the Zariman children (as seen in Rhino's codex). It wasn't an experiment that sent the Zariman into the void, it was a colony ship that got lost, suffered an accident, and was rediscovered with seemingly advantageous results.

In the end, like all the later endeavors of the Orokin, it backfired too.

Edited by NeithanDiniem
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jangkrik said:

Good job on connecting the dots. I have the same thoughts as you, but couldn't connect the dots. Still, there are still a few things that bug my mind:

1. Why does he offer to train us? If he hates us, surely he'll plan to do something instead of pulling an amazingly intricate stunt like that. On the contrary, if he wants to train us, why does he need to "catalog our sins"? Why does he hunt us only after we assassinate an important figure?

2. If he'd wanted to train us, why did he join forces with the Sentients? That's a bold move that will surely endanger the Tenno.

3. If he's using the same transference tech as ours, why did the Lotus mention that the secret of the reservoar drove the Stalker mad? I don't think the reaction of discovering the secret of the Tenno would shock him if he had been using similar techs.

Special forces units all over the world offer to help train others so they will better understand their movements if they ever become an enemy

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rhekemi said:

@(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

My post did not say "You should have titled this Spoilers: The Stalker is Teshin. Confirmations Inside."

It did say three things:

-Politely suggested ObviousLee could have used a title to dissuade those who do not want to read theories (with a decent probability of being confirmed in the next quest) from clicking this thread.

-Vented via a meme because the theory is full of great depth and great points and thus seems plausible. Due to that, it spoils the fun of finding out in the next quest for me. (And if it turns out to be true, the thread will continue to grow once PC gets the update, and before PS4/XB1 gets it.)

-Politely suggests that ObviousLee can actually still change the title for those who don't want to know.

Whether or not it is a spoiler in your eyes, confirmed or credited, doesn't change that.

 

this and many others occur and are all nothing but hypothesis for the fun of logical discussion which i whole heatedly enjoy. 

but it is just a well developed theory, that has a lot of content and food for thought, nothing more

its not actually a spoiler though, stating it spoils it for you is fine and all but there is no reason to alter the title

its dosnt ruin the fun of whats to come. and i dont honestly see  any reason it should be taken that way, many others are providing logical counterarguments that point out flaws in the logic 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

The Zariman was lost to the Orokin for some time before it was found. It was bound for the Tau system as a colonist ship, the same place the things that became the Sentients went. When the colony ship did not report back, the Orokin likely sent other ships to go looking for it (it was an important thing for them to colonize the Tau system after all). Then they encountered the Sentients or they attacked. The Sentients started a war against the Orokin at some point, so military ships were sent to combat them. Sometime during all this the Zariman was probably found, and presumed as a military ship by the lesser informed members of the military that discovered it. All of the colonists on board except for the children were killed by the exposure to the void energy. Children being more capable of withstanding any kind of warping energy is not too uncommon of a trope, so likely that is what occurred here. They took the survivors and locked them away, fearing their power and the risk to the Orokin empire they represented ( the Orokin destroy projects that are deemed too high of a risk for backfiring, like the Crewman project or nearly the project that lead to the Sentients). The war went badly, as we all know, so they began making weapons to counter the adaptability of the Sentients by making something equally as adaptable; the infestation. Well, that didn't work well since that too backfired. Likely looking for a way to make the infestation more controllable or during their work on the infestation in general they discovered the power of the Zariman children (as seen in Rhino's codex). It wasn't an experiment that sent the Zariman into the void, it was a colony ship that got lost, suffered an accident, and was rediscovered with seemingly advantageous results.

In the end, like all the later endeavors of the Orokin, it backfired too.

oh yea. the crewman project? that was margulis' idea. when the presenter of the sentient terraformer came in, we're exposed to her being destroyed. so we know what lead up to her death, and what happened immediately after.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ObviousLee said:

oh yea. the crewman project? that was margulis' idea. when the presenter of the sentient terraformer came in, we're exposed to her being destroyed. so we know what lead up to her death, and what happened immediately after.

Unfortunately that is only speculation that that is Margulis. She is never mentioned by name

Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy hell that is well thought out! You know, I have to agree with you. I knew there was a reason I never liked Teshin, I had a gut feeling about why I didn't like him, but I could never think of a legit reason outside of his terrible attitude! That would make sense too, since the Stalker is the Warframe and Teshin the Operator, why the Stalker hesitated at killing the Operator, because in essence the Stalker is a golem like our Warframes and remembering what Teshin had found out long ago brought back memories.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

The Zariman was lost to the Orokin for some time before it was found.

'The Zariman was lost making the fold from Saturn to the Outer gates. Mechanical failure. I notified families and filled a report with the inspectors. Nothing ever returns from the fold, so I closed the case.'

'But you reopened the case, days later.'

12 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

for the Tau system as a colonist ship

2Why did you put children on military ship?' 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Unfortunately that is only speculation that that is Margulis. She is never mentioned by name

The creman project was margulis' original concept of transference that was to help the children be able to safely interact and utilize their newfound powers. After she was executed, her research was taken and put into military applications leading to the WarFrame programs use to combat the sentients.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A. You have presented incredibly convincing evidence, and it's also incredibly awesome.

B. You have too much time on your hands. 

C. I have too much time on my hands.

D. The War Within is supposed to flesh out the Twin Queens as well. What would be the connection between the two?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VoidNomade said:

'Why did you put children on military ship?' 2

as someone mentioned earlier, at this time the Orokin were at war with the sentients, and experiments on children were against protocol. what is happening in that line of we didn't that would break protocol is in essence plausible deniability at play. In any black op, if you're discovered, you're disavowed. So there is no way that anyone is going to willingly break protocol to risk ending a top secret civilization saving top secret project. ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VoidNomade said:

'The Zariman was lost making the fold from Saturn to the Outer gates. Mechanical failure. I notified families and filled a report with the inspectors. Nothing ever returns from the fold, so I closed the case.'

'But you reopened the case, days later.'

2Why did you put children on military ship?' 2

Because that "mechanical failure" may not have been an accident, could have been an experiment?

1 minute ago, brainjelly2g0 said:

A. You have presented incredibly convincing evidence, and it's also incredibly awesome.

B. You have too much time on your hands. 

C. I have too much time on my hands.

D. The War Within is supposed to flesh out the Twin Queens as well. What would be the connection between the two?

The Twin Queens already have the whole Kuria lore, two potentially Orokin sisters or maybe two very old female Grineer clones who had a very close bond that the Grineer didn't have and worshipped

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, brainjelly2g0 said:

A. You have presented incredibly convincing evidence, and it's also incredibly awesome.

B. You have too much time on your hands. 

C. I have too much time on my hands.

D. The War Within is supposed to flesh out the Twin Queens as well. What would be the connection between the two?

The connection between them is that Both Teshin and the Stalker revered the Orokin, specifically the Royalty. as such, it's logical to assume that a Guardian would do everything in it's power to defend the last of the royal family, including making a deal with the devil, Hunhow.(see SPAWN for plot similarity). The operator in the video is in what she clearly expects to be Grineer structure, but it's painfully Orokin. It even has a void pool in the center, and if you watch the opening bit carefully a few times, you realize that you're able to see the entirety of that chamber. And i feel it makes logical sense that a Guardian's pod would be somewhat close to the royalty. We also know that dojo's float in space, and that that was dojo tech, inside a grineer asteroid. so is it not possible that the asteroid is merely a shell covering a dojo that houses the last of the Orokin royalty as well as the Stalker/Teshin' as a last line of defense?

Edited by ObviousLee
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

as someone mentioned earlier, at this time the Orokin were at war with the sentients, and experiments on children were against protocol. what is happening in that line of we didn't that would break protocol is in essence plausible deniability at play. In any black op, if you're discovered, you're disavowed. So there is no way that anyone is going to willingly break protocol to risk ending a top secret civilization saving top secret project. ever.

I had this discussion i don´t know how times.. It was a military ship. Period.

If it was a colonisation mission that was hidden from the official authorities means it´s super fishy. There´s no need for the tech genetic super race orokin to send children for a colonisation program.

Considering both points leaves only one option. It was a military science program.

Edited by VoidNomade
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

this and many others occur and are all nothing but hypothesis for the fun of logical discussion which i whole heatedly enjoy.

This was never in dispute.

My point is members should be able to choose whether they want to read or engage in the theories. As the title was (and to some degree still is) written, any member who doesn't want to know about the theory has no choice. They've already read the title even if they don't read the content of the thread.

That you enjoy it is fine, but that is your personal feeling.

Quote

but it is just a well developed theory, that has a lot of content and food for thought, nothing more

Again, this is stating a fact that was never in dispute. My post you quoted clearly outlines that if it turns out to be true (and it has the possibility to do so), it is then a spoiler in theory.

Quote

its not actually a spoiler though, stating it spoils it for you is fine and all but there is no reason to alter the title

That choice is up to ObviousLee, the topic creator.

My point stands that changing the title (to remove Teshin = Stalker) does not take anything away from the topic. Those who still wish to engage and debate can do so by clicking and reading. ObviousLee still retains full credit for the hard work he put into his theory, and all threads are timestamped.

Quote

its dosnt ruin the fun of whats to come.

In this case, it's not actually possible to make an objective, definitive statement in response to a subjective one. For me, as I said before, if it's true, it spoils the fun. 

Quote

and i dont honestly see  any reason it should be taken that way, many others are providing logical counterarguments that point out flaws in the logic 

Yes, that's how a good debate should progress, but this is still irrelevant to my point.

On principle, if members discuss and theorize (and I mean members of a fandom anywhere, not just Warframe) it is common courtesy to not place the core of your spoiler theory in the title.

Even with the edited title, and I thank ObviousLee for his consideration, the spoiler theory itself is still there. What remains unseen (if a member chooses not to click the thread) is the lore-based clues and evidence (as Lee sees it) that back up his theory.

But the core of the theory? It's still in the title.

EDIT: Even a title such as "Spoiler Theory: Stalker's Identity Revealed! (Via lore-based evidence). Read at your own risk!"

Would still grab readers attention, but they'd be the right readers: those who don't mind the possible spoiler.

With the wealth of content in the first post, mods would not look unfavorably at the suggested title (it's not bait).

It's simply about consideration. 

I hope that helps clarify things for you. 

Cheers.

Edited by Rhekemi
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow ObviousLee, I saw you talking about this on the region chat last night, but I didn't know you had come up with this completely theory. I'll be honest..I'm blown away. It would truly be a massive plot twist if Teshin was the Stalker. Personally, I thought the idea was somewhat improbable (concept-wise), but you've brought some extremely convincing information to the table that's made me rethink my position. That was an awesome post, thank you for taking the time to explain your entire theory.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Right. I'm gonna respond to this whole hypothesis the way that all good hypotheses deserve: I'm going to poke holes in all the weak points of its arguments and see if it pops.

 

The Stalker is a Guardian, who are effectively lesser Tenno/Warframes, with broader but weaker powers.

The thing about this is that it is both a) unproven and b) irrelevant to the question of whether the Stalker is Teshin. Seriously. Irrelevant. Totally so. Your argument is that Teshin/The Stalker knew that as a mere Guardian he could never best a true Tenno and so therefore he had to mastermind the opening of Hunhow's tomb and try to use Sentient technology to upgrade himself.

Let's look at the entire idea of the Guardians-as-lesser-Void/Warframe-users. The problem is that you basically made it up whole cloth. It's an interesting piece of headcanon, but it's rooted in two things: a single line of the Stalker's Codex, and gameplay mechanics designed to shut down player cheese and make an assassin frightening. That's it. There are quite literally no other sources to support this idea. At all. Ever. In any way. Whatsoever. The word 'Guardian' as a title or class is never used anywhere in Warframe's lore except for in Stalker's Codex. Quoting the Second Dream quest means nothing here, as no-one in it says anything at all hinting at a second class of not-actually-Tenno. Seriously, what? I get that it's necessary for the Stalker to be a weak generalist compared to a Tenno in order for the next bit to make sense, but this theory has effectively no support which cannot be kicked out from under it by asking very simple questions.
                        Questions like: If that's what all the Guardians were, then where are the references to them in all the other lore bits? If that's what all the other Guardians were, then, well, where are they? Where is their stamp on history? Did the Tenno kill them too? Why doesn't the Stalker's Codex say anything about that? How did he survive? How does this theory contend with the idea that the Stalker only became 'The Stalker' later? How does this theory contend with all of the imagery in the Second Dream which basically hammers you in the face with a cluebat stating that The Stalker is or was a Tenno?

 

We Know That The Stalker Is Weaker Because He Goes After Weaker 'Frames

Right, except we don't, because that's not actually true. That's not how the Stalker has ever actually worked, people just thought he worked that way because confirmation bias. In any case, DE recently put in place a limit meaning that he won't come after 'frames lower than rank 10.

 

Because The Stalker Is Weaker, He Turned To Hunhow For Assistance Against The More Powerful Tenno

Shadow Stalker is less of a threat to a skilled Tenno than old Stalker is. Seriously. This is a known fact. Shadow Stalker fights like an angry bull who's blind in one eye: dangerous if you stand right where he can see you and don't dodge. Otherwise, he's overly dependent on his armour, he throws around a bunch of big, slow, flashy effects which can be easily evaded, he can be kited like no-one's business. Old Stalker was a glass cannon, which meant that either you one-shotted him, or he killed you with three pot shots at medium-long range with Dread. Old Stalker was much more dangerous. Shadow Stalker is a scrub who goes down eight or nine times out of ten. If Teshin/Stalker went to Hunhow to get technological upgrades to help him fight Tenno, he got screwed in that deal.

 

The Red Room Is The Stalker's Transference Chamber, That's Why Teshin Is There

We actually already saw that room in the first War Within teaser, and what we saw there was the Kweens, attended by Grineer royal guards. This is not a lore problem, as we already knew that the Kweens are Orokin. No wonder their personal chambers are Orokin styled. Now, you can argue that the room is both the Stalker's Transference chamber and the Kweens' boudoir, but that would be....dumb. This is one of those scenarios where there are a plethora of much more likely explanations, and 'Teshin is secretly the Stalker' is way, way down the list.
Let's see:
Teshin is there infiltrating the Kweens' guard and the arrival of the Tenno has forced him to act or blow his cover. This only requires Teshin to be doing some sneaky secret agent stuff, which is perfectly plausible.
Teshin is (as some folks have long thought) a Dax who secretly owes some kind of loyalty to the Kweens. This requires only that Teshin is a Dax whose loyalties are divided.

 

Teshin Is A Clever Psychopath Playing A Super Long Game

Then, uh. Why did he choke at the crucial moment? If Teshin is the Stalker, and he's out for pure revenge, then why did he fail to kill the Operator? Why did he, instead, go into the 'Transference Subject staring at own hands' fugue? That's a gesture which we see the Operator doing as they come back to full lucidity, and from the Rhino Prime Codex to signify the very first instance of Transference. That scene is left completely unexplained by your theory, despite it being one of the most crucial and potentially character defining moments that the Stalker ever has. That scene makes simply perfect sense if the Stalker is either a traumatised Operator in denial, or a dead Operator whose mind has been permanently transferred into a Warframe. It makes zero sense if Teshin is the Stalker.

 

 

In order for this theory to be true, you have to assume the support of evidence which doesn't actually exist, and you have to assume that the vast majority of the evidence which does exist is either red herring or outright lies from DE.

 

 

 

EDIT: I guess you could also explain it by saying 'Teshin's actions don't have to make sense because he's mad. He's insane and irrational, and that explains it all." The problem with using that approach is that it doesn't explain it, it attempts to make it so that you don't have to explain it. 

A theory which goes "I don't have to explain all the ways in which it doesn't make sense because the character is mad and irrational" is kinda weaksauce.

 

 

Edited by BornWithTeeth
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VoidNomade said:

I had this discussion i don´t know how times.. It was a military ship. Period.

If it was a colonisation mission that was hidden from the official authorities means it´s super fishy. There´s no need for the tech genetic super race orokin to send children for a colonisation program.

Considering both points leaves only one option. It was a military science program.

in the second dream, the children have clear memories of studying for Tau. this is not player theory, this is dictated lorse handed to you via TSD. those children were going to pave the way for the Orokin royalty as well as the rest of the empire. the jump failed and they were left in the void, again, established by the developers lore. this is not twisted by personal opinion, this is explaining the linkage between each piece of valuable information. the only facts, are what the game itself dictates and presents to it's audience.  which i've only highlighted and explained in detail with associated logic. the ship in the ember prime codex, was the Zeriaman, which ws a colony ship. What the Ember Prime codex entry highlights and details, is the very first interaction with the children since their return from the void, which occurred in a time of war against an enemy that had most likely already defeated the majority of the Orokin fleets leading to the use of civilian ships equipped for combat use, considering the level of desperation they were facing in front of the Sentients, it's safe to say that in hindsight, happy accident.

So either the Zeriman was indeed a happy accident, and the Investigator  honestly didn't know that there would be children onboard, or the ship was sabotaged in an effort to be able to safely perform an experiment that would be considered by the masses if it were known(hence black op) and was using simple plausibility.

2 minutes ago, Pocalypse said:

Wow ObviousLee, I saw you talking about this on the region chat last night, but I didn't know you had come up with this completely theory. I'll be honest..I'm blown away. It would truly be a massive plot twist if Teshin was the Stalker. Personally, I thought the idea was somewhat improbable (concept-wise), but you've brought some extremely convincing information to the table that's made me rethink my position. That was an awesome post, thank you for taking the time to explain your entire theory.

updated the thread. check edit 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your attention to detail and dedication to your hobby are truly to be admired, and I sincerely mean that.  My apologies that you've had to deal with the "TL:DR" requests from those in the world that feel like it's a bother to read a cleverly written work in its entirety.  One question for you though.

What are your sources for these references?  I am, in no way, challenging the evidence here.  I just want to read some of the lore and see some of these videos myself.  Is the codex equipped to view all of the old content, like the cinematic sequences from the Second Dream quest?  I wouldn't begin to be able to remember all of those details from playing through it the one time.  And is all of the lore you've quoted from the Wiki page alone?  Maybe insert some snippets here and there saying where the quotes and information came from?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Windspike said:

Your attention to detail and dedication to your hobby are truly to be admired, and I sincerely mean that.  My apologies that you've had to deal with the "TL:DR" requests from those in the world that feel like it's a bother to read a cleverly written work in its entirety.  One question for you though.

What are your sources for these references?  I am, in no way, challenging the evidence here.  I just want to read some of the lore and see some of these videos myself.  Is the codex equipped to view all of the old content, like the cinematic sequences from the Second Dream quest?  I wouldn't begin to be able to remember all of those details from playing through it the one time.  And is all of the lore you've quoted from the Wiki page alone?  Maybe insert some snippets here and there saying where the quotes and information came from?

all of my sources are the second dream, natah, stalker codex, excalibur codex, tesshin and stalker wikipedia pages, and a whooooole lot of personal experience in active military warzone operations. the association and explanation is simply my logic at work, whether it's correct or incorrect, we'll soon see. as is, this is my best stab at what i feel the game has been telling us. I'm completely comfortable with being extremely wrong. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

in the second dream, the children have clear memories of studying for Tau.

Is it know if this stuff was simply studied in any scool?

16 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

which ws a colony ship.

16 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

of civilian ships equipped for combat use, considering the level of desperation they were facing in front of the Sentients,

A official investigator of the Orokin Empire says it was a military ship. Who are you to say otherwise!!! Kneel down!^^

When it was a military ship with a secret colonisation purpose not otherwise and even that i´m questioning.

strongly believe the Zariman accident was before sentient were sent to Tau or even when not ; sending childreen to fight sentient??

16 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

So either the Zeriman was indeed a happy accident, and the Investigator  honestly didn't know that there would be children onboard, or the ship was sabotaged in an effort to be able to safely perform an experiment that would be considered by the masses if it were known(hence black op) and was using simple plausibility.

In my eyes it was a science black ops.

 

 

Edited by VoidNomade
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Right. I'm gonna respond to this whole hypothesis the way that all good hypotheses deserve: I'm going to poke holes in all the weak points of its arguments and see if it pops.

 

The Stalker is a Guardian, who are effectively lesser Tenno/Warframes, with broader but weaker powers.

The thing about this is that it is both a) unproven and b) irrelevant to the question of whether the Stalker is Teshin. Seriously. Irrelevant. Totally so. Your argument is that Teshin/The Stalker knew that as a mere Guardian he could never best a true Tenno and so therefore he had to mastermind the opening of Hunhow's tomb and try to use Sentient technology to upgrade himself.

Let's look at the entire idea of the Guardians-as-lesser-Void/Warframe-users. The problem is that you basically made it up whole cloth. It's an interesting piece of headcanon, but it's rooted in two things: a single line of the Stalker's Codex, and gameplay mechanics designed to shut down player cheese and make an assassin frightening. That's it. There are quite literally no other sources to support this idea. At all. Ever. In any way. Whatsoever. The word 'Guardian' as a title or class is never used anywhere in Warframe's lore except for in Stalker's Codex. Quoting the Second Dream quest means nothing here, as no-one in it says anything at all hinting at a second class of not-actually-Tenno. Seriously, what? I get that it's necessary for the Stalker to be a weak generalist compared to a Tenno in order for the next bit to make sense, but this theory has effectively no support which cannot be kicked out from under it by asking very simple questions.
                        Questions like: If that's what all the Guardians were, then where are the references to them in all the other lore bits? If that's what all the other Guardians were, then, well, where are they? Where is their stamp on history? Did the Tenno kill them too? Why doesn't the Stalker's Codex say anything about that? How did he survive? How does this theory contend with the idea that the Stalker only became 'The Stalker' later? How does this theory contend with all of the imagery in the Second Dream which basically hammers you in the face with a cluebat stating that The Stalker is or was a Tenno?

 

We Know That The Stalker Is Weaker Because He Goes After Weaker 'Frames

Right, except we don't, because that's not actually true. That's not how the Stalker has ever actually worked, people just thought he worked that way because confirmation bias. In any case, DE recently put in place a limit meaning that he won't come after 'frames lower than rank 10.

 

Because The Stalker Is Weaker, He Turned To Hunhow For Assistance Against The More Powerful Tenno

Shadow Stalker is less of a threat to a skilled Tenno than old Stalker is. Seriously. This is a known fact. Shadow Stalker fights like an angry bull who's blind in one eye: dangerous if you stand right where he can see you and don't dodge. Otherwise, he's overly dependent on his armour, he throws around a bunch of big, slow, flashy effects which can be easily evaded, he can be kited like no-one's business. Old Stalker was a glass cannon, which meant that either you one-shotted him, or he killed you with three pot shots at medium-long range with Dread. Old Stalker was much more dangerous. Shadow Stalker is a scrub who goes down eight or nine times out of ten. If Teshin/Stalker went to Hunhow to get technological upgrades to help him fight Tenno, he got screwed in that deal.

 

The Red Room Is The Stalker's Transference Chamber, That's Why Teshin Is There

We actually already saw that room in the first War Within teaser, and what we saw there was the Kweens, attended by Grineer royal guards. This is not a lore problem, as we already knew that the Kweens are Orokin. No wonder their personal chambers are Orokin styled. Now, you can argue that the room is both the Stalker's Transference chamber and the Kweens' boudoir, but that would be....dumb. This is one of those scenarios where there are a plethora of much more likely explanations, and 'Teshin is secretly the Stalker' is way, way down the list.
Let's see:
Teshin is there infiltrating the Kweens' guard and the arrival of the Tenno has forced him to act or blow his cover. This only requires Teshin to be doing some sneaky secret agent stuff, which is perfectly plausible.
Teshin is (as some folks have long thought) a Dax who secretly owes some kind of loyalty to the Kweens. This requires only that Teshin is a Dax whose loyalties are divided.

 

Teshin Is A Clever Psychopath Playing A Super Long Game

Then, uh. Why did he choke at the crucial moment? If Teshin is the Stalker, and he's out for pure revenge, then why did he fail to kill the Operator? Why did he, instead, go into the 'Transference Subject staring at own hands' fugue? That's a gesture which we see the Operator doing as they come back to full lucidity, and from the Rhino Prime Codex to signify the very first instance of Transference. That scene is left completely unexplained by your theory, despite it being one of the most crucial and potentially character defining moments that the Stalker ever has. That scene makes simply perfect sense if the Stalker is either a traumatised Operator in denial, or a dead Operator whose mind has been permanently transferred into a Warframe. It makes zero sense if Teshin is the Stalker.

 

 

In order for this theory to be true, you have to assume the support of evidence which doesn't actually exist, and you have to assume that the vast majority of the evidence which does exist is either red herring or outright lies from DE.

 

 

are you inquiring as to why he stopped going wayne brady on your operator and dropped you like a sack of potatoes?

I'm willing to bet it had something to do with the warframe, a living, semi-sentient being, moving of it's own accord and surprising not only the stalker, but also hunhow who thought them only lifeless mechanical dolls

remember the hacked transmission that was decoded? about the carrier signal being hacked and a possible tracer detected? so it rebooted the somatic link, which is most likely nearly instant, but causes your perception to flicker. so it's not the lights that are flickering, but most likely it's the somatic link recycling. either way, it was a very very small tightknit clue that lead myself as well as a few others to the conclusion that the operator and the warframe were indeed seperate, and communicated control via a control wave of some sort, which turned out to be the somatic link.(I was a UAV operator in the army and worked with albeit extraordinarily primitive in comparison, but very similar tech to the actual transference theory of input command, thing goes and does the thing where you want it to and how you want it to do it with equipment that acts as a signal relay and processor. Essentially all the equipment I used in the army is inside the orbiter chair. so, that piece of information eas extremely important in it's reveal that once decoded it confirmed what the tenno were, almost a month before TSD was released. Steve said that the original idea for U19 as a bulk release back when he mentioned the second quest they were working on, he said that their goal was to do what TSD did for warframe, but they wanted it to have a bigger impact. All the information i presented, isi relevant  in that it is not my theory so much as it's my observation of everything the game has to offer. you said it yourself, the idea is to make the stalker scary in his moveset, and yet the acolytes who have the same helmet, varying warframes but with a similar power structure to the stalker are out being hooligans. 

 

I strongly suggest you re-watch both trailers. the reason being is that the center architecture in the first trailer, has 4 massive ribbed pylon'esque cables atop a rounded pedestal in a large cavernous room with a deep sloping floor. the room the operator discovers in the second trailer, is a flat floored surface with no massive ribbed pylons and no domed tower with royalty standing on it, but instead is a pool identical to the one the tenno discovers on lua in TSD, which is a longstanding quest chain with increasingly levels of wat as you progress in the quest chain ending with the inaros quest which adds another viewpoint outside the orokin civilization. 

Again, the nyx is expecting the interior she stumbles into to be grineer tech, and yet what she finds looks identical to a dojo. it's likely  that the twin queens are housed in a Dojo, along with Teshin and the Stalker warframe.

As for why he didn't just hop into the stalker frame from the get? because that kind of reveals that he's the stalker in the trailer at point blank, which ruins the surprise(if i'm even remotely correct) for the update. so of course they aren't going to show him doing that. He may very well wind up doing so. alternately, time. It takes about 20 seconds for the void chair to make it's way from it's hidden position under the pool and be ready to receive or deliver it's operator. 20 seconds, lorewise within the warframe universe, is an eternity to be fighting a Tenno, as demonstrated by the in game lore, and our ability to destroy entire ships of enemies by ourselves. the only other faction in the game lore wise that can contend with warframes for speed and agility are the infestation, the hyena pack, and zanuka. this is discounting the nonsensical buggy elevated jump that occurs in say void towers, as thats not a story element as it's horrid pathing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...