Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Stalker is Teshin and here's why - A theory with many a possible spoiler. Read at your own risk.

ObviousLee

A decent theory, and one that I somewhat harbor myself.  Personally, I don't think that there's anyone controlling the Stalker suit (instead, I think someone's wearing it, but it's quite possible I'm wrong), but if someone we know is controlling it, I'd put my bets on Teshin too.  This theory could also explain how the Acolytes were recruited: through Conclave.

However, there are few holes.  Stalker doesn't focus on weaker Tenno.  The opposite, in fact: he won't attack Warframes below rank 10.  When they get their full arsenal of powers.  And he has a higher spawn chance the more people in your squad who are marked.  He's not going for the weak, he's going for the strongest, and he's trying to attack as many of the Tenno as possible at once.  So your whole "he needs help because he's weak" component might be incorrect.  It may be that he himself doesn't fully understand the nature of the Resevoir and the Tenno, so he needs the knowledge, not the power of Hunhow.  It's also worth noting that in the opening cutscene of Second Dream, Stalker very clearly doesn't know who Hunhow is, and appears to have been invited by Hunhow.  It may be an act on Teshin/Stalker's part, but I don't understand how it would help Teshin/Stalker's cause to pretend to not know about Hunhow.  

That said, we'll have to see what happens in War Within.

Edited by ShadowFel
playing Hunhow's advocate

A few things.

I applaude the finding and summary of Lore,  the ghosts in second Dream especially. 

Then I must point out a few things. Margulis was not connected to the crewman project. If she was an Archimedian,  that allso made her not Orokin. Wich I find strange for Ballas to take as a lover/partner. 

She died for protecting the Zariman returnees, not the Crewmen Project.

The Zariman vanished into the Fold. Not the Void. This seems long ago, before the Starfish, before the Crewmen. 

Zariman was "The ship that never came back" not one of 100 that vanished.

As one of many failures for The Plan, the colonists were recalled.

Years later, Margulis discovered them around the time of Rhino Prime Codex. She brought them from stasis and was wounded and blinded. But she still defended them, seing a way to survive.

The Timeline ia very hard to see there.

I still do not believe Teshin to be the enemy. I believe what we see in the trailer is a small part and that it all revolves around the Conjunction event and the fact the Queens view the Tennos arrival as the "Answer to a Prayer".

From what the devs have said, we will learn what warframes really are. That might change everything. 

But the Stalker and Teshin feels like two characters rather than one. I say this mostly because Lotus speaks of the Stalker like she knows who that is.

1 minute ago, arch111 said:

A few things.

I applaude the finding and summary of Lore,  the ghosts in second Dream especially. 

Then I must point out a few things. Margulis was not connected to the crewman project. If she was an Archimedian,  that allso made her not Orokin. Wich I find strange for Ballas to take as a lover/partner. 

She died for protecting the Zariman returnees, not the Crewmen Project.

The Zariman vanished into the Fold. Not the Void. This seems long ago, before the Starfish, before the Crewmen. 

Zariman was "The ship that never came back" not one of 100 that vanished.

As one of many failures for The Plan, the colonists were recalled.

Years later, Margulis discovered them around the time of Rhino Prime Codex. She brought them from stasis and was wounded and blinded. But she still defended them, seing a way to survive.

The Timeline ia very hard to see there.

I still do not believe Teshin to be the enemy. I believe what we see in the trailer is a small part and that it all revolves around the Conjunction event and the fact the Queens view the Tennos arrival as the "Answer to a Prayer".

From what the devs have said, we will learn what warframes really are. That might change everything. 

But the Stalker and Teshin feels like two characters rather than one. I say this mostly because Lotus speaks of the Stalker like she knows who that is.

Margulis only part of her name. the other is Keela iirc from the ember prime codex, i'm too tired from all this(only slept about two hours because brain wouldn't stop processing) but regardless, the children were awake when they were found, as they were found hiding, and in need of comfort. so she touched ember and was horribly burned as a result.

the crewman project, was her attempt to again, give the children a body they could interact with the world in and not cause terrible damage in the process. Her project would be the equal of the civilian model ironman prosthetic defense suits. they lacked any any genuine offensive ability but were instead deisnged for personal defense, whereas IronMan and WarMachine are offensive combat platforms. The same principle applies.

4 minutes ago, Liquid262 said:

Eh, make [DE]Megan one of the Twin Queens or something. That outta liven up Primetime!

Lol that would literally be breaking the fourth wall. but it would indeed be amusing as the playerbase succumbs to worshiping the twin queens.

1 hour ago, ObviousLee said:

oh yea. the crewman project? that was margulis' idea. when the presenter of the sentient terraformer came in, we're exposed to her being destroyed. so we know what lead up to her death, and what happened immediately after.

Do you have a sigle fact to back that up? You don't because there is none. Nothing points nor hints that the archimedian from the crewman entry was her. You literally took this connection out of thin air.

Just now, VisionAndVoice said:

Do you have a sigle fact to back that up? You don't because there is none. Nothing points nor hints that the archimedian from the crewman entry was her. You literally took this connection out of thin air.

Margulis was briefly alluded to in Update 17 through a cryptic Orokin message that would occasionally appear at the start of a mission. In said message, one of the lines mentions "Margulis implantation intact". The majority of the message suggests some relation to the Reservoir as well.  Warframe wiki

Additionally, Margulis may have been mentioned (albeit unnamed) in the Detron Crewman's Synthesis imprint, where mentions of an Archmedian who was the greatest scholar of genetics prior to the Archmedian's execution.- also warframe wiki

This will stop the voices from taking hold. You will have to dream, my angel..."  Warframe wiki

"...So shame on you! You Orokin, so perfect on the outside but you're rotted through and through!"  warframe wiki

• "Seven hands raised! For your apostasy, the judgement is... death. Margulis, why?" warframe wiki.

Are you seeing the pattern here? i even went as far as to type the conversation in order, with one error. Ballas isn't talking to someone about transference, he's talking about transference. checking the wiki reveals that what i mistook for a two sided conversation was indeed only just his lines.

24 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Do you remember the level of venom that Lotus has in her voice when she interrupts Teshin during Natah?  She could very well know that Teshin is Stalker, but there could be some reasoning behind Teshin's actions that we and Hunhow don't know, but Lotus and Teshin do, one that results in Lotus not outright seeking Teshin's blood.

I say it again:

Teshin is not Stalker, because DE would have to make a new character for conclave after we find out.

anyway, this thread is heading the same rout as the "make Tenno travel back in time and change the story so they are inside the warframes"-Thread

ZgwIASL.gif

1 minute ago, ObviousLee said:

i even went as far as to type the conversation in order

Wasted effort, because one fact is irrelevant to another. How does the fact that Margulis developed Transferrecne technology connects her to an unnamed figure responsible to a wholy different project?

12 hours ago, ObviousLee said:

Ok folks. this is going to be a LOT to take in, as it's gonna be long, and a lot of things looping back to one another. I will do my absolute best to explain what I've found by reading through the lore, watching the second dream repeatedly, and cross checking the codex, with pure canonical view. no personal thoughts or opinions, just what the game itself has presented as a whole.

First, Why is the stalker Teshin? Conclave guy? Not possible. 

But it is. And the evidence is glaring if you are looking at everything DE has presented as intended, and that includes behaviour of characters, in and out of battle. So, let us look in depth at the stalker, what he does functionally, and in regards to who he attacks.

The stalker attacks low geared(weak) tenno for their crimes against the Orokin, and killing of Grineer and Corpus figureheads, the Corpus being Orokin themselves. Again, the Stalker attacks weak warframes only, as in where he has a massive situational advantage against his singular target. He has been a relatively low threat to heavily armed and powerful warframes, if ever, until he was empowered by Hunhow. Then, he became a major league threat to all warframes, as his defenses were heavily augmented with Sentient tech as well as Hunhow's presence itself(remember, his consciousness is linked to all of his fragments. Source: Lotus lines from the second dream). Now, Why did he usually attack weak Tenno? Why was he a threat to weaker Tenno, but not the strong, and also, why so many abilities unlike the Tenno's few per warframe? The answer lies in his codex entry:  

"Some have walked these desolate worlds while you slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.

The Tenno appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds, all at once, the ceremonial Naga drums. A royal salute to the honored Tenno. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. The Tenno were not stoic and silent, They were waiting. They were poised. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.

When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.

Now I hunt, dividing your numbers. Watching from that dark place, cataloging your sins, I am the ghost of retribution. You may forget but you are not innocent."

http://imgur.com/a/ozUXy#3

Notice how the L in low, is not capitalized yet, the G in guardians is. If the class of the Guardian were low, then it would be Low Guardian. As it stands, it's most likely a point of view, and I shall explain it.

If we look at a Tenno's warframe, we know that it has four abilities max, and works on a "input void energy, produce desired result consistantly" type of system similar to say fueling your car. You know putting gas in it and then turning on the engine, popping it in to gear and then pressing the gas pedal is going to have a specific, often reliable result. The same principle applies here. Now, If you look at the Stalkers ability pool, it's much large ( See:http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stalker for details) but again as he only targets weak prey, his ability strength is much, much weaker (level scaling does not apply to lore). So right here, we see a massive difference between the Stalker, and the Tenno. Tenno have warframes with immense power, but few abilities. Stalker has more abilities, and yet is weaker in his powers. What this means, is those weaker abilities are compensated by more adaptability and versatility. Now, lets look at the head that Stalker presented to Hunhow. It was that of a Loki. Literally the easiest prey to corner as the Stalker, due to it relying on it's abilities entirely for defense, which the stalker can simply dispel. None of this, is accidental. DE has an established habit of putting the facts out there and making them so obscure you only really see them in hindsight. The way the stalker behaves, his particular targets of choice, which is always when he has the advantage(again, lore wise, not scaling) and all his abilities are less powerful than the Tenno versions, however he has access to more than we do, as do the Acolytes.

Now in the Stalker codex entry above, I've mentioned the importance of the capitalization. Here is where it becomes important.

In The Second Dream, a few interesting pieces of information come up. You get these shadow conversations that give you crucial hints into the past events that led us to where we are now. In sequence:

1:Ballas "What they need Margulis, is to be destroyed. They're devils, from that hell. Not Human anymore." Margulis "No Ballas, no more destruction. We could heal them. Maybe they're meant to save us." Ballas "How can you defend these devils Margulis, after what they've done to you?" Margulis "Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind. They won't hurt anyone, I just need more time." Ballas "Hush, my wilted love. I cannot protect you. Tomorrow, you mus renounce before the Seven."

1-1 This conversation is between Ballas and Margulis during the sentient war, after the return if the Zeriman ship from the Void.

2: Margulis says "This will stop the voices from taking hold, you will have to dream, my angel."

2-2 Margulis is speaking to a child from the Zeriman, who is being plagued by voices in their head from void exposure.

3: "So shame on you! You Orokin, so perfect on the outside, but you're rotted! Through and through!" 

3-3 Margulis berating the Seven Executors.

4: "Seven hands raised. For your apostasy,the sentence is...death. Margulis...Why?"

4-4 Ballas speaking directly to Margulis after handing down the judment.

5: Presently unknown person "....it's about the rejects we consigned to Lua a few years ago. They're calling it....Transference."  Ballas " ....I know we're desperate, Executor, but these aren't Dax soldiers. These are golems, possessed by devil minds."

5-5 Conversation between an unknown person and Ballas regarding the WarFrame project that had been carried on after Margulis had been executed.

By now, you're wondering how this ties Teshin to being the Stalker. I'm getting to that, I promise, but all of the details that link Teshin to being the Stalker need to be completely fleshed out.

Now, The Stalker has been hunting us for a while, with absolutely no remorse. Never once does he ever hesitate, save for the moment you are in the Reservoir. He gave pause when he could have struck the operator dead, then and there. Hunhow told him his hatred was too weak, but Hunhows was strong. Stalker then vanishes, and you and your allegedly dying(6) operator head back to the Orbiter. Lotus tells you that she doesn't know mhow much time you have, giving a strong hint that if you don't do as she says, you will die. The Stalker shows up again, trying to impede you. Eventually, he has you on the ground, and rams his sword through your Frame.

As he's about to grab you by the throat, Hunhow says "i know what you're thinking. you're wondering, was i ever one of these wretched things? you know the answer.....You hate them. You hate yourself." 

This line, along with the Lotus informing the Operator prior to them rescuing their main body, that the secret of the Reservoir had driven the stalker mad. This Secret, which was so important that the Lotus hid an entire celestial body in the void and then implanted false information that it had been destroyed. This is, simply put, massive in scope of power and ability and is more than willing to use it to protect the Tenno. Meaning, that if she's willing to hide a moon, there really isn't much she's not going to do to protect them as best she can.(which is important for later)

Now, we look finally before the real meat and potatoes, at the act of the betrayal, and it's results. While the Guardians watched, Stalker referes to him and others as low Guardians. the low isn't a rank, as so much as it is a reflection of self in comparison to the Tenno. Guardians again, display less power and abilities compared to the Tenno. They don't bullet jump, they don't wall run, they aren't entirely physically terrifying, unless using their abundant powers. So, entire stadium filled with Tenno and Guardians watching, The Tenno are bathed in saviors silk. This detail is important, as it demonstrates the immense weight of the act. The Orokin are extraordinarily vain. They were ready to have the children destroyed just because their power wasn't able to be immediately subdued, but were stopped by Margulis. So, The Guardians, outnumbered vastly by the Tenno are far away because what do they need to protect the Orokin for presently, when the saviors are here. Saviors that have abilities that greatly surpass the Guardians, that saved the Orokin that the Guardians love so mu....oh....oh wait....oh darn....yup...yup they're killing them. We, the Tenno of the Zeriman ship, the first, slaughtered those who had tormented, used, and abused us. We killed every last one, including those handful that knew of the Warframe program in detail. It's not difficult to surmise that the Lotus along with the Tenno destroyed the majority of the Warframe programs information, as she's the most powerful hacker in the system asiide from Hunhow.

So, let's assemble the current facts presented by the game. We have an entity, that is a Guardian with limited damage powe, but greater power variety in comparison to the Tenno, who is effectively cut from the same cloth as the Tenno. The musings of Hunhow, and the Stalkers reaction to discovering the secret behind the Reservoir, his ability to even use a warframe which is requires one to be exposed to the void's energies. Now, that does not mean that the Stalker is a Tenno. The fact that he refers to himself, and others, as Guardians in which he, and presumably the Acolytes who follow him, have unique less powerful versions of mass-produced battle tuned warframes with greater range of powers. The stalker met up with Hunh.....

Oh wait. How did the stalker know where to find Hunhow, or that he'd even be in the mood to talk?

This, is where evidence begins to point to Teshin.

Who all was "present" for the cracking of Hunhow's tomb? There was the Operator, there was the Lotus, and there was Teshin. Only ones who knew about it. Period. 

What does this mean? It means that the only way the Stalker could know Hunhow's location, were if he'd been made privy to it's location. In that last survival mission, that drill fo Tyl's is just, hammering away at that tomb like it's making bank, while Teshin is pleading with Tyl to not open the tomb, as he knows not what he's meddling with. In response, Tyl pretty much sticks his tongue out and goes oh, you don't want me to do this? That means i really need to do this! 

So, the end result in this mission is Hunhow being awakened, as he'd been sleeping in his tomb until it was opened. Tyl runs off like any sane person would, and for a while thats the last we hear about Hunhow, until the second dream.

Now, lets look at Teshin diirectly. He's the master of the conclave, he teaches and observes tenno combat, helping them hone their skills to fight the returning Sentients that he forsaw in his arrival, which was when we first got the pvp rework. Read his quotes very carefully, with the information That is present within this post.

• "We were led astray. We forgot the Conclave, so when that new evil came, we were not prepared. This is how we failed the Orokin. You went into stasis, but not me. I searched the long path for redemption, for the kind of balance only The Conclave can create. Now I return, only to find the Tenno still herded like livestock. Horrors from beyond the Outer Terminus are coming. You must prepare. You must accept The Conclave. Let it be your teacher and I its humble guide. For true balance can only be found in the face of the ultimate enemy. Yourself."

Remember that stalker codex way up there? where he says "Some have walked these desolate worlds while you slept. Some like me". Teshin predicted the return of an evil he was well aware of, but the Tenno had become ignorant to due to being in the second dream. 

• "The Lotus seduced the Tenno. Led them on a complacent path like oxen. I failed the Orokin but I will preserve their legacy. The Tenno. Now is the time for action. Cast off your harness and become a pupil of The Conclave. Through trial combat, I will prepare you for the evils beyond the Outer Terminus. A warrior only grows if they face the ultimate enemy. Themselves."

In this entry, we see him mocking the Lotus, by comparing the path the Lotus sent them on against the Orokin. He also shows immense reverence to the Orokin in these entries, making it a poorly hidden fact that he held them in the highest esteem, despite what they did to the Tenno.

Now, we look to the newest trailer for The War Within. In it, we see a Nyx approaching a chamber that has the following, exceptionally important details.

1: It's Orokin tech. If you pause it and look carefully, the texture and design of that room, is identical to both your Liset/Orbiter, and any Clan Dojo. 

2: Glowing crimson sigils on the back wall. These sigils are the same color the Stalker has on his WarFrame armor.

3. The entire room is bathed in crimson and hues of black and grey, colors of the Stalker.

4: there is a Void pool identical to the one seen in the Reservoir.

5. Teshin, shaking his head in disappointment, says "You should not have come here. You've ruined us both!" and draws his Nikana.

For a short while, I've been wondering why Teshin would do that.Why would the master of the Conclave, a place where he observes and trains tenno in armed combat, sitting in a room that is very much Orokin tech and practically has "Stalker's vacation home" spraypainted on it, attack a nyx, saying they're both boned?

The answer, is so very, very simple. 

Teshin is the stalker. 

Why? How? Again, very simple. What better place to choose targets, than a place where they gather. What better secret identity, than a well known, well loved public figure who assists the masses? What better way to learn your targets weaknesses, than to train them yourself?

What Teshin stands to lose upon that scene - He disables the Warframe, but knows the Operator can still leak the secret to the Lotus. So, he makes an effort to silence you via cutting off your connection to your WarFrame, as shown later with the Operator walking on her own.

This means, the Operator doesn't need to be in their chair all the time. Teshin was located next to a void pool, which most likely will house an operator chair in it which sustains the operators. That being the case, that means that the Stalkers Operator, would be able to walk around for a period of time as well.

Now, Here's something else to take into account. Teshin is not always at the relay, as evidence of his presence in the Orokin tech room in the trailer. Since he's not a God and omnipresent, this means if he's not at the relay, he's physically somewhere else. 

If you add everything up, here is what you get: The Stalker used Tyl to crack open the tomb of Hunhow, so that he could meet with Hunhow and help him kill his most hated enemy, the Tenno.

"But Lee! all the children from the Zeriman are still children!" Yes, You would be too if you were kept in stasis for millenia and also aged at an excessively slow rate.

"But Lee! Teshin is old, all the void kids are still kids!" Teshin wasn't in stasis for millenia. Void kids were.

"But Lee! Teshin is a good guy trying to help us out!" Teshin is a very very intelligent, revenge driven psychopath. Comparison? Dexter Morgan.

Edit: To those saying the stalker was driven mad by the secret of the reservoir, yes, he was. a very long time ago. Did he know the location of the reservoir for tenno, well the answer is ObviousLee not. However, as we've discerned a functional difference between Guardians and Tenno, although they are created essentially the same way, served differing roles in where they may have been deployed, as well as housed. Remember, when the conversation between Ballas and the unknown person is going on, they're talking about the transference system and the kids from the Zeriman, who were consigned to Lua. A logical thinking empire, after discovering that children placed into the dream are easier to control and handle than the up an at'em children of the Zeriman were, would have sent in any further subjects(which they did as evidence by the Lotus stating as the Tenno numbers grew, they founded great schools) in a subdued dreaming state for essentially greater control and thus have an easier time of assigning roles and purpose. This means any future Guardian would not be aware of the fact that they were ever anything other than a Guardian, similar to how Tenno believe they are the WarFrame until they discover their physical body.

Now, about the Tomb. Tyl does indeed refer to Teshin as a Psuedo Tenno which I did indeed neglect to mention due to feeling like it would honestly distract from and therefore reduce the weight of the rest of the presented information. Howver, the reason i refer back to the Tomb is it kind of explains things about the stalker being driven mad. See, when we read driven mad, most probably imagine something akin to him falling to his knees screaming in intelligible rage or something along those lines. From personal life experience, I've seen madness, and although it takes on quite a few forms, they're all relatively similar along one core commonality, which is doing things that make absolutely no logical sense to the masses. Something like say, taking a moment to realize that even if the you found the betrayers, you'd not have the ability to do much against them save for the weaklings. You'd hunt them down regardless, but you're under-powered in comparison. So, how can I tip the odds in my favor? The Sentients.... I can bring back the greatest enemy the Tenno ever faced. And while they're caught amidst the strife, I will strike. But.....how can I do this.....How can I bring about their resurrection... So, I set a plan in motion. I walked, and learned, while you slept. I sharpened my skills, I sharpened my mind. The Grineer have grown competent,pliable enough if given the proper motivation to the proper person. Like the location of an ancient artifact I found about six hundred Tuesdays ago.that leads to a tomb. Since I can't get inside to see what is in there, and all signs point to it being sentient, and I need to get in there but don't have the means, but hey! Tyl does." This is essentially a plan set in motion to make contact with the one species that gave us a genuine run for our money for the sake of revenge.

These, are not actions i would deem a sane man or woman would make. At. All. So, if you consider this in tandem: The Count of Monte Cristo was driven absolutely insane with his thirst for vengeance over being falsely imprisoned and his life being destroyed. He forged an elaborate plan that was based on entirely obliterating everything that his enemies had, from their wealth to their social status to eventually their lives. He wanted them left with nothing, hollow husks of what they once were before he killed them. Again, not the actions, of a sane man.

Dexter Morgan, a sociopath with a psychotic homicidal urge that threatens to lead to him losing complete control of himself and going on a murder spree that can only be quelled by picking stalking hunting and killing his prey (typically other serial killers) and claiming a trophy to remember them by. The reason i mention Dexter here is because if the Stalker and Teshin are indeed one and the same, as i fully believe they are, then they have personality traits that are eerily similar. Both Dexter and Teshin are public figures who serve an important role within the story of which they exist as characters. Both are for the most part well liked, with minor differences of opinions based on who you talk to. some love Teshin/Dexter, some merely tolerate him, and some want to kill him if given the chance. Now i'm not saying TeshinxDexter or anything like that, but I am saying that iif you look at the Stalker and Teshin as one and the same, and you stand Dexter Morgan with his Dark Passenger next to Teshin and Stalker, well, seems like a mirror to me, psychologically speaking.

What about the Twin queens? couldn't they have made more Tenno and Guardians? No, they could not, and here is the short and simple of it: The Twins were considered abominations by the Orokin. There is no reason at all they would have been privy to anything as classified as Tenno and Guardian OPS or files. They were left to themselves, neglected and abandoned.

As to why nobody else could make new stalker type of frames, again everyone who had anything to do with Warframe tech is, and was, dead. we killed everyone that had to do with the project, as well as the royalty. On top of which Lotus, who again hid an entire celestial body(I literally cannot emphasize that enough, just consider the amount of mass just *pop* gone, and the power needed to make that happen. freaking mindboggling) as well as most likely did information control and destroyed any records available pertaining to the Warframe program. Remember, Lotus OPHACKSPLSNRF, which is game lore, with her only peer being fellow Sentients, or Hunhow himself.

Also from DiosGX

Stalker drops a Nikana stance, Blind Justice. Stalker, however, does not use a Nikana.

Hide contents

Teshin does

Edit 2:  The connection between the Twin Queens in the upcoming update is Both Teshin and the Stalker revered the Orokin, specifically the Royalty. as such, it's logical to assume that a Guardian would do everything in it's power to defend the last of the royal family, including making a deal with the devil, Hunhow.(see SPAWN for plot similarity). The operator in the video is in what she clearly expects to be Grineer structure, but it's painfully Orokin. It even has a void pool in the center, and if you watch the opening bit carefully a few times, you realize that you're able to see the entirety of that chamber. And i feel it makes logical sense that a Guardian's pod would be somewhat close to the royalty. We also know that dojo's float in space, and that that was dojo tech, inside a grineer asteroid. so is it not possible that the asteroid is merely a shell covering a dojo that houses the last of the Orokin royalty as well as the Stalker/Teshin' as a last line of defense?

Edit 3, a copy of my last post in response to why i'm using lore to verify upcoming lore. 

are you inquiring as to why he stopped going wayne brady on your operator and dropped you like a sack of potatoes?

I'm willing to bet it had something to do with the warframe, a living, semi-sentient being, moving of it's own accord and surprising not only the stalker, but also hunhow who thought them only lifeless mechanical dolls

remember the hacked transmission that was decoded? about the carrier signal being hacked and a possible tracer detected? so it rebooted the somatic link, which is most likely nearly instant, but causes your perception to flicker. so it's not the lights that are flickering, but most likely it's the somatic link recycling. either way, it was a very very small tightknit clue that lead myself as well as a few others to the conclusion that the operator and the warframe were indeed seperate, and communicated control via a control wave of some sort, which turned out to be the somatic link.(I was a UAV operator in the army and worked with albeit extraordinarily primitive in comparison, but very similar tech to the actual transference theory of input command, thing goes and does the thing where you want it to and how you want it to do it with equipment that acts as a signal relay and processor. Essentially all the equipment I used in the army is inside the orbiter chair. so, that piece of information eas extremely important in it's reveal that once decoded it confirmed what the tenno were, almost a month before TSD was released. Steve said that the original idea for U19 as a bulk release back when he mentioned the second quest they were working on, he said that their goal was to do what TSD did for warframe, but they wanted it to have a bigger impact. All the information i presented, isi relevant  in that it is not my theory so much as it's my observation of everything the game has to offer. you said it yourself, the idea is to make the stalker scary in his moveset, and yet the acolytes who have the same helmet, varying warframes but with a similar power structure to the stalker are out being hooligans. 

I strongly suggest you re-watch both trailers. the reason being is that the center architecture in the first trailer, has 4 massive ribbed pylon'esque cables atop a rounded pedestal in a large cavernous room with a deep sloping floor. the room the operator discovers in the second trailer, is a flat floored surface with no massive ribbed pylons and no domed tower with royalty standing on it, but instead is a pool identical to the one the tenno discovers on lua in TSD, which is a longstanding quest chain with increasingly levels of wat as you progress in the quest chain ending with the inaros quest which adds another viewpoint outside the orokin civilization. 

Again, the nyx is expecting the interior she stumbles into to be grineer tech, and yet what she finds looks identical to a dojo. it's likely  that the twin queens are housed in a Dojo, along with Teshin and the Stalker warframe.

As for why he didn't just hop into the stalker frame from the get? because that kind of reveals that he's the stalker in the trailer at point blank, which ruins the surprise(if i'm even remotely correct) for the update. so of course they aren't going to show him doing that. He may very well wind up doing so. alternately, time. It takes about 20 seconds for the void chair to make it's way from it's hidden position under the pool and be ready to receive or deliver it's operator. 20 seconds, lorewise within the warframe universe, is an eternity to be fighting a Tenno, as demonstrated by the in game lore, and our ability to destroy entire ships of enemies by ourselves. the only other faction in the game lore wise that can contend with warframes for speed and agility are the infestation, the hyena pack, and zanuka. this is discounting the nonsensical buggy elevated jump that occurs in say void towers, as thats not a story element as it's horrid pathing.

An acquaintance put me on the path with his original Stalker theory of Ballas being the Stalker, which lead me to my research and current findings

Please feel free to post your thoughts and counter-arguments. Just please keep them respectful

I came.

Just now, Helch0rn said:

I say it again:

Teshin is not Stalker, because DE would have to make a new character for conclave after we find out.

anyway, this thread is heading the same rout as the "make Tenno travel back in time and change the story so they are inside the warframes"-Thread

ZgwIASL.gif

just as the moon doesn't exist to the player until they discover it in the void, so too will teshin man his post at the conclave until the player discovers he is the stalker. after which, considering that again, steve's goal with the war within was to surpass TSD in scope of amazingness and information reveal, it's likely that conclave as a whole is going to possibly be revolutionized in some way to reflect the change lore wise.

14 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

Margulis only part of her name. the other is Keela iirc from the ember prime codex, i'm too tired from all this(only slept about two hours because brain wouldn't stop processing) but regardless, the children were awake when they were found, as they were found hiding, and in need of comfort. so she touched ember and was horribly burned as a result.

the crewman project, was her attempt to again, give the children a body they could interact with the world in and not cause terrible damage in the process. Her project would be the equal of the civilian model ironman prosthetic defense suits. they lacked any any genuine offensive ability but were instead deisnged for personal defense, whereas IronMan and WarMachine are offensive combat platforms. The same principle applies.

I see.

That Margulis and Keela is one and the same, has that really been confirmed? 

2 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Wasted effort, because one fact is irrelevant to another. How does the fact that Margulis developed Transferrecne technology connects her to an unnamed figure responsible to a wholy different project?

because that fact establishes itself in direct relation to a timeline with another cataclysmic change occurring immediately after it, that being the authorization of the sentients use.

also, I really don't understand how analyzing lore from the story that lead up to, and after the patch that was focused on literally fleshing out the character of both the stalker, and the tenno, is irrelevant. i've presented the information the game has offered wholesale with no personal bias. whether i'm right or wrong is irrelevant to me. whether the information i've collected and linked via simple logic that the game itself has presented that is related directly to the universe as a whole, is correct or incorrect, is all that matters to me. Come august 8th, when the quest launches, we all will see whether or not i was on point or not, and the result will be whatever it is. if i happen to be wrong, then oh well, better luck next time. if i'm right, cool, now to enjoy the new content.

in essence i've no personal vested interest in being right or wrong. i'm just as curious as everyone else to see if the conclusion i've drawn is accurate or not.

Just now, GreyEnneract said:

This would be an interesting read if people hadn't read the datamines already.

care to share?

Just now, ObviousLee said:

because that fact establishes itself in direct relation to a timeline with another cataclysmic change occurring immediately after it, that being the authorization of the sentients use.

also, I really don't understand how analyzing lore from the story that lead up to, and after the patch that was focused on literally fleshing out the character of both the stalker, and the tenno, is irrelevant. i've presented the information the game has offered wholesale with no personal bias. whether i'm right or wrong is irrelevant to me. whether the information i've collected and linked via simple logic that the game itself has presented that is related directly to the universe as a whole, is correct or incorrect, is all that matters to me. Come august 8th, when the quest launches, we all will see whether or not i was on point or not, and the result will be whatever it is. if i happen to be wrong, then oh well, better luck next time. if i'm right, cool, now to enjoy the new content.

in essence i've no personal vested interest in being right or wrong. i'm just as curious as everyone else to see if the conclusion i've drawn is accurate or not.

care to share?

They can't be posted here due to forum rules.

1 minute ago, GreyEnneract said:

Now at this point I am actually abandoning thread for the risk of seeing actual spoilers instead of the rubbish that is the opening post.

Returning here after WW launches to laugh at those who bought into it.

Just now, GreyEnneract said:

DE is Notorious for adding red herrings into the files to throw off Dataminers.

Those datamines may be inaccurate or completly wrong

Just now, ObviousLee said:

care to share?

posting datamined stuff on the forums is forbidden

1 minute ago, Helch0rn said:

DE is Notorious for adding red herrings into the files to throw off Dataminers.

Those datamines may be inaccurate or completly wrong

posting datamined stuff on the forums is forbidden

The only time DE threw in a red herring was for Primed Streamline. They aren't exactly notorious for doing so.

You can believe this post if you want, but after Part 3 launches the thread will die anyway.

1 minute ago, GreyEnneract said:

The only time DE threw in a red herring was for Primed Streamline. They aren't exactly notorious for doing so.

You can believe this post if you want, but after Part 3 launches the thread will die anyway.

well, to be fair, if I'm completely incorrect people may very well come back to laugh at me lol.

3 minutes ago, GreyEnneract said:

Prisma Otrhos too, and the void trader Brakk, and the void trader resource extractor

maybe even more but I am too lazy to look up every red herring

2 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

because that fact establishes itself in direct relation to a timeline with another cataclysmic change occurring immediately after it, that being the authorization of the sentients use

So, the fact that thse two events occured rougly in the same time period means that they are all the same? Tell me, is Crimean War actually a stage in the Meiji restoration? Both happened in the XIXth century, they must be the same event by your logic.

4 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

also, I really don't understand how analyzing lore from the story that lead up to, and after the patch that was focused on literally fleshing out the character of both the stalker, and the tenno, is irrelevant.

Because nothing connects it to the theory you're presenting here.

3 minutes ago, GreyEnneract said:

i've presented the information the game has offered wholesale with no personal bias.

Oh please. You misinterpreted it so gratuitiously that there should be a medal for that. There's pretty much nothing but your personal bias here.

You present your statement, when presented with the flaws with your thesis you reply with the facts that are irrelevant to counterarguments or just repeat the original statement without even adressing the counter points. You make no sense, you literally don't register anything that does not agree with your pet idea. Your presentation is discursive, your grasp of facts is fuzzy, there can be no talk of any sort of "accuracy" at all.

I'm done with this, it's like talking to a brick wall.