Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fragor Vs Scindo

Dexter96

I was wondering what is the difference between Fragor and Scindo?

Attack rate, damage. charge time. different combos or animations etc.

I was also wondering if they are going to be changed in some way in the future.

Also about the materials needed, Gallium, Salvage, Rubedo and Alloy Plate.

They can can be found on mars, uranus, jupiter, earth, pluto and venus but I was wondering on which planets there is the best chance o geting each of those materials (and witch mission if you know).

Thanks,

~Dexter

Fragor ignores armor completely, Scindo has a massive damage boost to unarmoured targets. Fragor is good against all Grineer, some of Corpus and not so good against infested. Scindo is good against Infested, some of Corpus and not so good at Grineer. In terms of general use, Fragor is the better option.

Fragor ignores armor completely, Scindo has a massive damage boost to unarmoured targets. Fragor is good against all Grineer, some of Corpus and not so good against infested. Scindo is good against Infested, some of Corpus and not so good at Grineer. In terms of general use, Fragor is the better option.

Fragor only stuns grineer, whilst Scindo stuns everyone. Scindo is generally assumed to be better.

Edited by Labcat

Fragor only stuns grineer, whilst Scindo stuns everyone. Scindo is generally assumed to be better.

Fragor has innate complete armor ignore, therefore making it better against the two more difficult factions in the game. The stun is less useful than being able to deal full damage to armored targets. Fragor is all around more effective.

Fragor has innate complete armor ignore, therefore making it better against the two more difficult factions in the game. The stun is less useful than being able to deal full damage to armored targets. Fragor is all around more effective.

First of all, versus Corpus, Scindo and Frago are equal, apart from Scindo stunning the corpus humans(Frago does not, and only the head is armored. Moas are both equal to.) Versus Grineer, the stun enables multiple hitting without taking damage, even if the Fragor does more damage, the Scindo does well against Grineer as well. versus infected the scindo is superior. This means that the Scindor is more efficient generally speaking, working against everything, whereas the Fragor is more restricted.

Edited by Labcat

Slap an electric damage mod into Frago and now it stuns Corpus too. 100% ammor ignore and stuns Grineer and Corpus. Infested are all fodder to begin with.

Add armorpenetration to Scindo etc etc. I was thinking unmodificated.

I find it is annoying to deal with Infested with the Fragor though. Since it doesn't have bonus damage against unarmoured, it deals like 90% damage and they have 10% left requiring another hit. Then put it in with the staggers caused by their melee and it becomes very annoying to use sometimes.

Add armorpenetration to Scindo etc etc. I was thinking unmodificated.

Armor penetration mod does not negate armor reduction, it adds a s% of your damage as armor penetration damage. Innate armor ignore does full damage by ignoring all damage reduction. Electric damage mods stun regardless of how much damage it done.

I find it is annoying to deal with Infested with the Fragor though. Since it doesn't have bonus damage against unarmoured, it deals like 90% damage and they have 10% left requiring another hit. Then put it in with the staggers caused by their melee and it becomes very annoying to use sometimes.

One infected is annoying. 3 inables charged strikes, then th leaper joins in, and then whilst you are lying down, a toxiac comes and finishes the job if you are still downedf.

Armor penetration mod does not negate armor reduction, it adds a s% of your damage as armor penetration damage. Innate armor ignore does full damage by ignoring all damage reduction. Electric damage mods stun regardless of how much damage it done.

Scindo stuns without electric mod, all factions.

The only two factions you need to stun are Corpus and Grineer. Elec modded Frago does that. Why you would need to stun any Infested is a mystery to me. Ancients stagger from charged attacks by default. Every other kind of Infested either kill themslves, or drop dead if you sneeze on them.

Edited by Ryme

Last I checked the Fragor Charge can't stun Ancients, though that may have recently been fixed. Also, Crewmen supposedly have about 20% damage reduction on their bodies.

I'm hoping to gather enough Gallium to be able to forge a Scindo at some point so I can compare them, but so far the Fragor hasn't let me down. It's just so fun smacking Corpus Crewmen and Grineer Soldiers into walls and hearing them go THUNK or CLANG from the impact. Totally makes up for the lack of squishy sounds from hacking them in half. Sadly, Moas tend to just flop over.

Edited by Arcalane

The only two factions you need to stun are Corpus and Grineer. Elec modded Frago does that. Why you would need to stun any Infested is a mystery to me. Ancients stagger from charged attacks by default. Every other kind of Infested either kill themslves, or drop dead if you sneeze on them.

Unmodded Fragor does not oneshot infested, making it harder than the Scindo to level up, since farmin up xp is much easier on infected levels. And an unmodded low-level scindo does in fact oneshot infected. Farming Grineer maps with Fragor, them using ranged weapons, makes you firstly take more damage, and you have to do slower rounds.

Fragor used to stun enemies, but due to recent "fixes" it is bugged and doesn't stun enemies. It is very easy to rank up Fragor while fighting Grineer. Managed to rank it up to 24 before melee exp fix and since latest fixes it is even easier to rank it up. If you want to see enemies flying, choose Fragor.

P.S: Heat Sword is still the best weapon against Infested imo. :)

First of all, versus Corpus, Scindo and Frago are equal, apart from Scindo stunning the corpus humans(Frago does not, and only the head is armored. Moas are both equal to.) Versus Grineer, the stun enables multiple hitting without taking damage, even if the Fragor does more damage, the Scindo does well against Grineer as well. versus infected the scindo is superior. This means that the Scindor is more efficient generally speaking, working against everything, whereas the Fragor is more restricted.

Corpus crew members are armored, moas are armored, grineer are armored, and ancients are armored. Therefore, a weapon that ignores armor is almost always going to be better than something that doesn't. This is the reason why blades weapons currently need some kind of buff, they are nearly useless against high level enemies with extremely high armor values. Stuns don't matter if it takes five times as many hits to kill something, all of his friends will just kill you in the meantime.

The only faction I hate to fight against in Infected because of their Ancients. Grineer and Corpus is goddamn easy to deal with so why do I need another weapon to deal with those I already know how to kill really fast.

I didn't say you have to use them,

this topic is just for those who want to use them.

Btw can those two weapons hit multiple targets at one swing?

Gallium: Uranus. Boss is probably the best bet. Gallium is rare as hen's teeth so be sure to loot every locker/corpse and smash every smashable you can find. Leave no stone unturned and no enemy unslain. It has a unique drop model that's sort of shiny-white metal block that tapers towards the top like a trapezoid.

Rubedo: Lua, Earth. The sheer number of Infested to kill and loot, plus smashables and lockers, can net you 100 a run. Just remember to search everything and everywhere.

Salvage and Alloy Plate are pretty plentiful in the zones that drop them, so you should have no trouble with those.

----------------------------------------

Fragor is absolutely useless until they fix its hitstun issues, armor ignoring damage or not.

Nonsense. One of the Fragor's big advantages (that may or may not be shared with Scindo) is that it seems to be a lot harder for enemies to interrupt you mid-swing or mid-charge. This really offsets the slow swing speed.

Edited by Arcalane

Nonsense. One of the Fragor's big advantages (that may or may not be shared with Scindo) is that it seems to be a lot harder for enemies to interrupt you mid-swing or mid-charge. This really offsets the slow swing speed.

Both Scindo and Fragor share this quality, but it's because all weapons have this property. While knockdowns will always break you out of your swing, staggering attacks will only affect you in your windup period of a swing or charge. Once the swing has passed a certain point in the animation, you won't be staggered. It's just more noticeable for Fragor and Scindo due to their swing speed and charge attack animation taking so long. I regularly Furax charge attack right through staggering attacks without a hitch. There seem to be different degrees of stagger strength, and I admit I haven't tested to see if all weapons have the same amount of stagger resistance, but that's hardly a reason to use Scindo/Fragor, as you can just avoid those attacks entirely with a faster weapon.

I've leveled both to 30 and, contrary to popular belief, I actually found Fragor to be easier to level. Honestly, as long as you level either weapon on the faction they're meant to be fighting (Scindo vs. Infested/ Fragor vs. Grineer) you should have no problem leveling them.

The only thing that you should be concerned about is whether or not you have more trouble with Infested or Grineer. Some people genuinely have problems against Infested and that's ok--if you're one of those people grab yourself a Scindo. Some people have problems with Grineer, grab a Fragor. I won't push any position onto you but just know that the Fragor does have a weird hit-box; sometimes when you think you should've hit a target it turns out it somehow "missed". Of course, this is only with the tap-E combo, the charge attack and the slide attack work perfectly fine.

Some people have said that the Scindo can still remain relavent when fighting Grineer because of the fact that it's tap-E combo is able to stunlock/knockdown enemies; however, keep in mind that while you're doing this combo it will generally take longer than the Fragor to kill an enemy and you'll be a sitting duck if you're just trying to slice down the one Grineer that overextended from his group and vulnerable to his buddies' shots.

Another thing to consider is the fact that while you might be forced to use armor piercing mods on the Scindo to remain effective against Grineer (if you choose to do so) the Fragor does not have that problem, freeing up valuable mod space. This means that on pen-and-paper the Fragor is, hypothetically, a potentially stronger weapon than the Scindo; however, in practicality, none of that matters if you are uncomfortable with the tap-E combo and unable to land your shots (it does take some experience with the weapon to know when you can and cannot hit something).

If you ask me which of the two is my favorite I'd say that it would have to be the Fragor simply because I like the way it looks--nothing more, I'm a fairly simple person, and you know what? I'm fine with that.