Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No, Polearm Placement is Not Fixed (and an Amateur's Diagnosis)

Dell_the_Engie

On 7/29/2016 at 8:45 AM, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed default polearms placement either clipping through thighs or hovering away.

As of SotR 1.1, the holstering position of polearms has not been fixed, contrary to the patch notes.  Interestingly, staves and scythes have also had this same problem.  However, this update did fix the misplacement of scythes.

In my opinion, it looks like the issue with scythe and polearm holstering is exactly the same issue as staves have: that is, the "Staff Straight Holster" option is prioritized over the "Staff Standard Holster", and is therefore the default holstering position.  Because staves, polearms, and scythes all share the same holstering style, this issue has affected all three weapon categories identically, until only scythes were fixed earlier today.  If the default holstering position were corrected to the "Staff Standard Holster", I'm assuming the problem would be fixed for all three weapon categories.

This also begs the question; if these weapons share the same default holstering style, why do only staves have the interface to alter their holstering style at all?

This was orignally posted in the feedback category, but I believe this post is mostly a bug report.