Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why doesn't Mios have a side holster?

Rakosta_Kai

Mios was originally depicted when introduced in the contest as possibly having a side/hip carry position.

IWpUfSW.jpg

Holster options have been added,Swords, Dual Swords, Great Swords, and Great Axes all have the side holster option now

...but Mios as a sword whip combo is still being given small of the back placement as its' only holster option.

Have their been any insights into why that is ?

To me, it seems like Mios/Lacera should have been among the first to get the side holster option.

simply put the reason probably is the fact that DE had rushed specters of the rail and the alternate holstering system was not done, this is evident by the amount of bugs we see with some of the existing alt holsters as well as the fact that a large chunk of weapon types don't have alt holsters despite us being told every melee weapon family would get alt holsters

Just now, Padre_Akais said:

The holster for sword/whip on Atlas is just completely jacked up.. that's why.

I'm not sure if it's logged as a bug or not though.

the reason its jacked up is the same reason its jacked up on trinity prime, since sword and whips use the exact same holster position as daggers any frame that by default has a different dagger positioning will holster sword and whips like the dagger

Just now, Melos-mevim said:

simply put the reason probably is the fact that DE had rushed specters of the rail and the alternate holstering system was not done, this is evident by the amount of bugs we see with some of the existing alt holsters as well as the fact that a large chunk of weapon types don't have alt holsters despite us being told every melee weapon family would get alt holsters

I don't disagree with you.

...You'll note though that Mios was originally depicted with a side holster. One would think that getting it into the side holster would have been a priority once holsters got released.

I don't disagree with you.

...You'll note though that Mios was originally depicted with a side holster. One would think that getting it into the side holster would have been a priority once holsters got released.

you would think yes but you would also think they would of fixed the whip texture glitch that has existed since the release of lacera, or the fact that sword and whips use the dual sword idle instead of their original unique cord spinning idle.

and yet despite these bugs being reported a handful of times they still persist. Probably because people care more for their hammers and great-swords and so devs prioritize those

6 minutes ago, Melos-mevim said:

you would think yes but you would also think they would of fixed the whip texture glitch that has existed since the release of lacera, or the fact that sword and whips use the dual sword idle instead of their original unique cord spinning idle.

and yet despite these bugs being reported a handful of times they still persist. Probably because people care more for their hammers and great-swords and so devs prioritize those

Annoying, isn't it?

That's what's bugging me about it right now. I love the sword/whips and I can't see a good reason why they haven't added the option.

They added it for great swords and axes which had to take more work given lengths and frame heights.

Likewise nunchaku got 2 additional options even though there are only 2 variants of the weapon type (and both suck imo).

Annoying, isn't it?

That's what's bugging me about it right now. I love the sword/whips and I can't see a good reason why they haven't added the option.

They added it for great swords and axes which had to take more work given lengths and frame heights.

Likewise nunchaku got 2 additional options even though there are only 2 variants of the weapon type (and both suck imo).

I think just give them time, and keep reminding them about the sword and whip bugs, as well as show there is demand for more features to them

16 minutes ago, Senpai-Pie said:

Machetes don't have holsters.

Single Daggers don't have holsters.

The rapier doesn't have holsters.

Fist/Claw weapons (although logical) don't have holsters.

Daggers and Machetes present in interesting question to me as they are an older weapon and really should have a holster option imo.

Rapiers? It has the same relative position as the Nikana now... I am not even sure where else it could go aside from lower on the hip in it's current position or opposite hip.

None of those were depicted as having a hip holster position before they were released. 

1 minute ago, Padre_Akais said:

Rapiers? It has the same relative position as the Nikana now... I am not even sure where else it could go aside from lower on the hip in it's current position or opposite hip.

Actually, on release there was a placeholder holster for Rapiers on the back.

With the new holsters I also hoped for new draw animations. Most notably I was hoping for two speciffic ones.

On Nikanas, drawing the sword as soon as I equipped it, so i'm not playing around with the scabbard all the time. I know the whole "attack on the draw" thing is cool and all. And the game essentially is run by rule-of-cool. But honestly. Let me draw the sword and hold it with two hands. 

Secondly, I would of loved if on appropriate melee weapons, when choosing to hide the weapon and I equip it, I pull it out of my hand like Exalted Blade. In quick melee the weapon just sort of appears in the hand and vanishes in one quick motion. Even if on excalibur, but honestly too awesome to have something like this only on him. 

1 minute ago, Senpai-Pie said:

More choice is always better.

Completely agree.

My point regarding Mios deals in slightly different waters though.

It was conceptualized as a side holster weapon from the outset. Nikana already existed so there was really no good reason I can see as a layman that it shouldn't have happened then.

...But it didn't.

Now we have holster options for most weapons and it still doesn't have it.

20 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Completely agree.

My point regarding Mios deals in slightly different waters though.

It was conceptualized as a side holster weapon from the outset. Nikana already existed so there was really no good reason I can see as a layman that it shouldn't have happened then.

...But it didn't.

Now we have holster options for most weapons and it still doesn't have it.

I understand that. I am also highly disappointed it wasn't given a side holster, or any at all for that matter.