The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accidentally deleted a friend

Akavakaku

Question

I thought I clicked "Join Session" on this friend and it asked me "are you sure?" I clicked "yes" and it said "friend removed" so I must have unfriended them by mistake. I don't know their exact username either. We haven't played a mission together recently so they're not in Recently Met Players. How can I get them back?

5 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Akavakaku said:

I thought I clicked "Join Session" on this friend and it asked me "are you sure?" I clicked "yes" and it said "friend removed" so I must have unfriended them by mistake. I don't know their exact username either. We haven't played a mission together recently so they're not in Recently Met Players. How can I get them back?

go back to your friends list and go to the "Add Friend" section.  Once there type in your friends name and you'll have to wait for them to approve it, or contact them through another method letting them know that you sent a request again.

Just now, Btabc said:

go back to your friends list and go to the "Add Friend" section.  Once there type in your friends name and you'll have to wait for them to approve it, or contact them through another method letting them know that you sent a request again.

I don't remember their exact username.

3 minutes ago, Akavakaku said:

I don't remember their exact username.

Oh then that'll be a little tougher, unfortunately I don't know what to do past that.  Unless you were playing with a group of friends and they might have remembered or if they're in the same clan as yourself.  I would start searching the forums for a name that's similar to theirs and go from there?  

Go to the "search" and hit the dropdown box to "members" and type in a few of the username and hit enter.  Search through there until you get something similar

Edited by Btabc
clarification

9 minutes ago, Btabc said:

Oh then that'll be a little tougher, unfortunately I don't know what to do past that.  Unless you were playing with a group of friends and they might have remembered or if they're in the same clan as yourself.  I would start searching the forums for a name that's similar to theirs and go from there?  

Go to the "search" and hit the dropdown box to "members" and type in a few of the username and hit enter.  Search through there until you get something similar

Thanks, I'll try.

Another possibility is if you know they're online during a certain time of day usually and know their region (US-West, US-East, etc) you can check the list of players in the region/recruiting/trade chats and see if you recognize any of them to be your friend. Good luck.