The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fissures: Interaction of regular and corrupted enemies

Bibliothekar

With the change to fissures in hotfix 13, I feel like there need to be a few changes to make them feel a bit more ... realistic.

1. Enemies should try and avoid fissures as something bad, not walk right into them. If they can, they should swerve around them not to become corrupted themselves. Getting corrupted is bad, mkay?
  2. Corrupted should be treated as an invading party, turning the mission into a three-sided fight. Right now, you'll see Corrupted Minigunners spawn into a Corpus mission and no Crewman bats an eye.
  3. Corrupted enemies should not raise the alarms. Seriously, why is the first thing any Corrupted does, run to a terminal and put the entire ship in alert state? I could understand if it's a freshly corrupted unit, trying to fight the Neural Sentry. But no, it's a bloody Lancer at the terminal. On a Corpus ship.

3 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

With the change to fissures in hotfix 13, I feel like there need to be a few changes to make them feel a bit more ... realistic.

1. Enemies should try and avoid fissures as something bad, not walk right into them. If they can, they should swerve around them not to become corrupted themselves. Getting corrupted is bad, mkay?
  2. Corrupted should be treated as an invading party, turning the mission into a three-sided fight. Right now, you'll see Corrupted Minigunners spawn into a Corpus mission and no Crewman bats an eye.
  3. Corrupted enemies should not raise the alarms. Seriously, why is the first thing any Corrupted does, run to a terminal and put the entire ship in alert state? I could understand if it's a freshly corrupted unit, trying to fight the Neural Sentry. But no, it's a bloody Lancer at the terminal. On a Corpus ship.

I think raising alarms should be outright deleted from Corrupted AI. They're "collective mind" with Neural Sentry in charge after all.

1 & 2: Yeah, they should freak out and start fighting. I mean, the "invading party" is already implemented on the Derelict with the infested and the ocassional grineer or corpus incursion.

3- The panels could have an easily accessible "ALARM" option.

Just now, EvilChaosKnight said:

Yea, but it wouldn't explain WHY would corrupted lancer fresh from the Void charge at the alarm terminal and trigger it. Like it makes 0 sense for them to do that.

Corrupted Trigger alarms>Grineer/Corpus distpatch units to investigate/reinforce>MORE FODDER FOR THE MAW!

Something I just noticed when doing a crossfire mission with a fissure: For whatever odd reason, "true" Corrupted are regarded as ... CORPUS! "Transformed" Corrupted, however, keep their original faction. This means you'll see a fissure open, transform some poor devils, spawn in a few more - and suddenly you have Corrupted fighting corrupted Grineer, while the regular Corpus just go "yup, those are our guys". The heck is going on there?