Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MaaYuu's Foundry - Mag Scabrus Skin

_malaya_

3 hours ago, MaaYuu said:

Retopology almost done, I wanna get this finished by September, but school hasn't been kind to me lately.

H9DfQrx.png

Plan from the beginning was to make it an energy cape, that'll be done in the texturing phase. 

Though I'm having second thoughts because it might throw the design off balance. Would either need to make a metal "anchor" at the bottom that echoes the detail at the top or make it into cloth that has animated energy accents so it doesn't stand out.

Here are a couple of my energy animation experiments:

Reveal hidden contents

2ad561e2dc07c6f63e4a1c8c273313f1.gif

5cdadace90ea243b558eea781af3ea6d.gif

53725e0c80d15ddad9f4b4a49d9a3bef.gif

kinda leaning towards option 1-4 or maybe this:

Reveal hidden contents

1bbf2040bca68839ac151fab638654c4.gif

Another option would be flames like the pyra, but I'll need to make a nice flame texture for that first and I wanna focus on the top part first.

Oooh, ok, awesome. :) 

I like that last animation a lot! 
Almost reminds me of a "waterfall" effec.

waterfall.jpg

The all-gold is too much, imho. Much prefer the first image, though the second is just as awesome too! 

Great work so far! 

Really looking forward to the finished product. :D

15 hours ago, MaaYuu said:

aT0f3HB.png

I'm really liking this one....

And as for the cape, Personally I like the symmetrical energy flows more than the circular ones. The circular ones will make me feel like my warframe keeps tilting to one side xD

1 hour ago, MaaYuu said:

Preview is up on Sketchfab! Right now I'm trying to decide what default colour scheme is appropriate for this and if I should change the energy cloth to something else.

https://skfb.ly/SztD

Cape animation can be seen here:

Reveal hidden contents

89599a74f0c01ccde20b8d83c0f920f1.gif

I think the energy cloth's energy effect needs to be something smooth and flowing. Something simpler to go with the rather simple shape of the cloth.

I honestly think something like this is better:

The second one in the above gif is the best, imo. The energy flows down towards a singular point. It looks like the energy is flowing from the non-energy part of the syandana. And it's a rather smooth- or fluid-looking energy, so it doesn't clash with the simple shape of the cloth. I wish I had commented on it much sooner. Not sure how much trouble it'd be to change the energy now.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

14 hours ago, AntoineFlemming said:

I think the energy cloth's energy effect needs to be something smooth and flowing. Something simpler to go with the rather simple shape of the cloth.

I honestly think something like this is better:

The second one in the above gif is the best, imo. The energy flows down towards a singular point. It looks like the energy is flowing from the non-energy part of the syandana. And it's a rather smooth- or fluid-looking energy, so it doesn't clash with the simple shape of the cloth. I wish I had commented on it much sooner. Not sure how much trouble it'd be to change the energy now.

It's not too late, I'll see what I can do! 

I really like how the Voronoi Crackle wings look though, reminds me of those Orokin trees. I'll see what I can get out of combining the two as well

13 hours ago, blazingcobalt said:

WE DID IT

c0QFwtu.jpg

YAS

Mag Helmet is stuck in purgatory right now.  Time to get working on the Sari V2!:

VQi3D4Y.png

BpJTcpZ.png

Doodiling around in zbrush right now. Nothing set in stone yet, the outer shell looks like a ripoff of Oberon Feyarch's butt. Decided to get reference from the design of Oberon, Titania, and Sentients (the wings are gonna be attached to Sentient-like limbs that have movable joints). 

Originally I wanted to stay true to the silhouette of the original silhouette of the Sari, but this thing is starting to look real interesting. I might recycle the old design in the future though.

Edited by MaaYuu
Mag Helmet status

Having second thoughts about this design, I thought going with the Sentient look would be a nice change, but it doesn't look anything like the previous version that a lot of people seem to like. I'd like to hear everyone's opinion. Should I keep going with this one, or save this for a different Syandana and go with the more natural Feyarch look like in my previous concept?XK061yV.png

16 hours ago, MaaYuu said:

Having second thoughts about this design, I thought going with the Sentient look would be a nice change, but it doesn't look anything like the previous version that a lot of people seem to like. I'd like to hear everyone's opinion. Should I keep going with this one, or save this for a different Syandana and go with the more natural Feyarch look like in my previous concept?XK061yV.png

I think that you should Save this one for sentient like syandana (anyone sentient wings?) and make the naturalistic one (it will look better on my feyarch :D. )

On 9/14/2016 at 4:34 PM, Fox7000 said:

I think that you should Save this one for sentient like syandana (anyone sentient wings?) and make the naturalistic one (it will look better on my feyarch :D. )

Good enough for me! I'm gonna try and make it a balance between that and Titanic's design

v13OP47.png

Edited by MaaYuu

My vote goes with four wings. 
Reason being that you'll still be able to see your back sigil with the little gap in the wings, where the sigil will be covered up completely by the 3-wing.

But it's looking absolutely bloody amazing! Insta-buy from me.

Careful with the top area... looks like it's getting a little wide. I like where you're going with this, the decisions leading to the current progress all feel good imo. Enjoying watching your progress :)

Also: getting a little bit of a Majora's Mask vibe with that middle piece. Interesting.

Uh oh... Looks like I'll have to decimate this thing to bits if I wanna get this down to 7500 triangles. Think there's any chance DE would take exception to this one? :P I'll continue having a go at the low poly mesh, but I might just have to redesign the connectors to get it down to spec again.

kCoZavR.png

Sculpting and Material ID painting is done, decided to go with the four wings idea and proceeded to make the final wing connectors

Spoiler

VA8t4wM.png

23 hours ago, Leahzar said:

My vote goes with four wings. 
Reason being that you'll still be able to see your back sigil with the little gap in the wings, where the sigil will be covered up completely by the 3-wing.

But it's looking absolutely bloody amazing! Insta-buy from me.

I'm thinking about making the membranes of the wings transparent like Sari V1... Might look terrible cause it has thickness though

22 hours ago, Syncrasis said:

Careful with the top area... looks like it's getting a little wide. I like where you're going with this, the decisions leading to the current progress all feel good imo. Enjoying watching your progress :)

Also: getting a little bit of a Majora's Mask vibe with that middle piece. Interesting.

It is looking a bit wide, but it'll be in multiple parts so I have room to move stuff around if need be. Here's how it looks like on Mag:

Spoiler

TjeNajV.png

8 hours ago, Fox7000 said:

Of course four wings.

Also will you use Fearch colors or custom ones?

I wanna do a unique colour scheme, but I still have to play around with the idea. If it doesn't work out I'll go for the colour scheme I have on my concept art.

Edited by MaaYuu

This thing is in dire need of triangles :( Did a quick texture test and it looks like i'm gonna have to make some big changes to stay under the triangle limit cause the geometry isn't looking good. 

I got rid of the thickness on the inner wings, and I might have to remove the inner roots that connect it to the base. Also scale the roots down so they require less geometry. The base is looking pretty damn sweet though

L3sAxVM.png

the sketchfab model can be found here:

https://sketchfab.com/models/4a7043a381024410bc350714ebd3e9f1

Edited by MaaYuu