The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sigils should be gear and not per-frame regalia

Scylax

Woe to the player who has to switch sigils every time they change a frame. If I level Perrin on a couple frames today, when I go to level Arbiters tomorrow I have to change the sigil on all of the frames I used today. If I use an old frame that I haven't used in a while, I might end up with a lower-tier sigil than I have available or the wrong syndicate altogether, not notice it, and then wonder why I'm not getting the standing I normally get until afterwards. This constant switching of sigils and accidentally using the wrong one on occasion is not fun. Let's pretend for a moment that sigils were gear (not the wheel gear but the category in the arsenal).

Benefits of being gear:

- You can see at a glance which sigil you have equipped when you go to the arsenal

- You don't have to change sigils whenever you equip a frame with the wrong sigil

- When you do need to change a sigil, it's now easily accessible

- You don't end up using an old sigil on accident because it was hidden away behind a couple menus

The only problem with them being gear is that they're also cosmetics. How would we choose where and how they'd appear on our frames if they were gear not tied directly to our frames? I have a solution for you. Instead of making each sigil a cosmetic item for frames, polluting our already-unhelpfully-sorted sigil list, there should only be one: a "Syndicate Standing Sigil". This would allow us to position/rotate/color the sigil, and the sigil's appearance would inherit whatever the equipped sigil gear was. I made some mockups to demonstrate. First, meet the Syndicate Standing Sigil:

Spoiler

sigilequip_by_echoreaper1-dacca10.png

The Universal Standing Sigil still appears in Regalia > Front/BackSigil. You wouldn't see any of the x'd out sigils in the sigil list anymore though. Those would all be gone and the only syndicate sigil to appear would be the Syndicate Standing Sigil. You could position/rotate/color it like you can with any other sigil. Now, we head back to the main screen of the arsenal:

Spoiler

sigilgear_by_echoreaper1-dacc9tx.png

You'll see that there's a new section under Gear called "Sigil". It displays the syndicate of the sigil you have equipped on the right so you know immediately which syndicate you'll be getting standing for, and it also displays how much extra standing you'll be getting from the equipped sigil (in this case +15%).  From here you can click "Equip" to select a new syndicate/sigil. That brings you to this screen:

Spoiler

sigilselection_by_echoreaper1-dacca3s.pn

This menu is a lot more organized compared to what we have now. The current sigil list has all sigils from all syndicates, and they're listed in alphabetical order. This menu cleans up that mess and now sigils are sorted by how much extra standing they give and you're only shown sigils for the syndicate you select. With any one of the syndicates selected, you can select the "None" sigil to remove syndicate sigils entirely. If you have the Universal Standing Sigil equipped, it will display the selected sigil. If you have the Universal Standing Sigil equipped but you selected "None", the Universal Standing Sigil will be invisible. If you do not have the Universal Standing Sigil equipped but have a sigil selected, you will gain standing but the sigil will not appear on your Warframe.

Let me re-iterate that these are mockups and the interface for them may not necessarily be the best, but they communicate the desired outcome and give an idea for how to achieve it. Sigils being gear instead of just regalia per-frame will save players the trouble from having to change frame sigils whenever they change into warframes with the wrong sigil, will make it easier to change sigils, will make it apparent which syndicate and sigil are equipped whenever you go into the arsenal, and will provide a better experience with syndicates and standing overall. 

- A guy who's tired of constantly changing sigils to gain standing in multiple syndicates

Edited by Scylax
  • Like 5

yeah I would love a 'quick change' for all warframes when it comes to syndicates.... I've got 4 syndicates on the go, 2 of which 'delete' standing from the 3rd while the 4th repairs the 3rd without impacting the first 2. 

Or just remove the tie of cosmetics to syndicate standing gain. Do something similar to what happened to conclave, no longer requiring the use of the sigil (although still there if you wish to use it cosmetically) then have the gear menu idea you have to switch between syndicates as you please.

• Like 1

I support this, I have quite a few frames, and I usually have to balance out which syndicate I rank more in order to properly farm rank xp for spectres.

I now have 114 Corrupted Lancers, had to switch every single warframe to cephalon suda so I can get 114 Shield Ospreys easier. 

Then I'll have to switch it back, and forth, and back again. 

Per-frame regalia sigils encourage people to "main" a frame [Which destroys team composition]  (Yes, I recently played the lvl100 Kela de Thaym. Yes, I encountered a lobby with 3 Frosts, 2 Being Frost Prime. (I was frost prime last mission, didn't know this would happen.) there were three people. We failed miserably, until I ended up switching to trinity (Who can no longer three-shot Kela (invincibility phases), but it still does the trick)

Or compartmentalize them into subgroups based on sigil to avoid having to switch them for each and every warframe. 

For example, when someone needs Wukong, but they go Excalibur.

Compartmentalizing Warframes.

"This one's my exalted weapon Steel meridian frame"

"This ones my Arbiters of Hexis frame"

"This ones my etc"

harms the game so much, yet it's not seen by most, since they don't actually say that in public lobbies, rather "I don't have Trinity" when time played as trinity is 3 hours. 

I LIKE WHAT I SAW.

Yeah, I have enough pain switching Sigils for 5-6 frames, time consuming.

Some part of your layout on organizing Sigils by Syndicates or type is good idea, and get ride of scrolling, which I dread looking at bunch of CRAMPED Sigils. To the point (thatIWANTTOSELLTHEM).

My 2 Credits from a previous topic:

What I'd like to see is a change in how you acquire daily Syndicate Standing,
making it dependent on something that limits your cosmetic options is a shame,
not least since I'd love to wear some "enemy" Sigils without having to go rep farm to deplete my daily cap first, bleh.

So, how 'bout just having a selector underneath each Syndicate in the main Syndicate screen
where you can choose which Syndicate you're supporting right now?

Maybe make the extra Standing gain % rely on how many Sigils you own for that Syndicate,
say ... +2% for each, which, yes, would add up to more than the current 15% max
but since you spent Standing on all those Sigils, it seems ~fair enough to me :P
Alternatively, make it +1% each and add a bunch more Sigils, woo :D
[The current 10 Sigils could just give +1.5% each but that's the easy / logical choice, so ... pfft.]

No need to swap around Sigils on multiple Frames (especially if you're going for 4 Syndicates),
you can Fashionframe to your heart's content, everybody wins.

Fashionframe is the true endgame

Excellent idea but unfortunately, DE is not interested in making cosmetics ad a cosmetic only item.  For at least a year the community has been asking for arcane slots so arcane items are not tied to cosmetics. We have been ignored.  

To get around this, I set all my frames A, B, and C slots the same for each syndicate.  So I can quickly go into appearance and swap to correct sigil.  For example, A can be new loka, B Perrin, and C red veil.  Do this over all your frames and your set.  Even if you do 4 syndicates, you never run those missions directly and only need 2 appearance slots.  

I like your idea better, but this is a work around.  

On 8/1/2016 at 8:33 PM, Zachatoo said:

Or just remove the tie of cosmetics to syndicate standing gain. Do something similar to what happened to conclave, no longer requiring the use of the sigil (although still there if you wish to use it cosmetically) then have the gear menu idea you have to switch between syndicates as you please.

Good idea.

Uh no. I actually like having all 8 of my gear slots hot-keyed and prepped as a utility belt for the rare situation that I actually think it would be beneficial to use them. I don't have any room left >.>

Personally I just put the sigil of the syndicate I supported that I thougt fit with my theme of a frame and was never in a rush to do much of anything.

Your suggestion would screw with my particular style of play for no real good reason.

Thusly I have an alternative suggestion that would hinder neither of us, and benefit a lot of players.

Why not have a little shrine, or other thematically relevant placeable object in the liset that equates to a particular syndicate? Twice a day we can acknowledge/pray/ etc etc to what syndicate shrine to choose to work for them for the next X hours (or have it be a toggle) I don't care. It's not a sigil you have to swap, it doesn't take out of my gear slots, and it's thematically fairly cool. Problem solved.

1 hour ago, hammerheathen said:

Uh no. I actually like having all 8 of my gear slots hot-keyed and prepped as a utility belt for the rare situation that I actually think it would be beneficial to use them. I don't have any room left >.>

The screenshots provided in the main post clarify that you would not be losing any gear slots to gain syndicate rep, rather you'll have a new section in your arsenal titled "Sigils" which will allow you to switch what syndicate you want to earn reputation for.

Your idea is interesting, but I'd prefer to switch my syndicate from the arsenal.

2 hours ago, Zachatoo said:

The screenshots provided in the main post clarify that you would not be losing any gear slots to gain syndicate rep, rather you'll have a new section in your arsenal titled "Sigils" which will allow you to switch what syndicate you want to earn reputation for.

Your idea is interesting, but I'd prefer to switch my syndicate from the arsenal.

Thanks, I actually completely missed that (obviously)

• 2 weeks later...

I wholeheartedly agree with making a universal "Syndicate Standing Sigil" that is the placeholder for whatever sigil you select in the gear menu that you made. Since I have many many frames, I'm tired of going through them all and changing the sigils. I do hope that the Sigil in the Gear menu is not tied to loadouts since I have many loadouts. Hopefully it remains the same no matter the situation like the gear wheel and the emotes.

If not, an alternative would be to select the sigil you want to equip from the syndicate terminal which will universally apply to all frames with the generic "Syndicate Standing Sigil". This acts as a syndicate sigil, meaning it cannot to equipped simultaneously with other syndicate sigils that give standing. It will just be a placeholder sigil that will be replaced with whatever syndicate sigil is selected from some single location.

I don't support making the sigils only cosmetic though because it would not be reasonable gaining standing for one syndicate while wearing the enemy syndicate. I just want a streamline way to select what syndicate I'm currently supporting.

Edited by DeathshotSE

• 5 years later...
On 2016-08-01 at 11:24 PM, Voltage said:

YES PLEASE +1

I would still like to see this. Syndicate affiliation and sigils really need to be re-done to be separated from cosmetics in the arsenal, and everyone would benefit greatly. It's never too late to add this. The UI would just be like your Focus School and you simply choose the Syndicate to support for that loadout. The images made here go with that line of thinking of loadouts being tied to Syndicate representation.

Yes, I will die on this hill.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

So this discussion has been going on for five years, eh? I don't know what to even add at this point. Decoupling Syndicate standing from cosmetics seems like such a no-brainer that I'm not sure what to say that hasn't been said hundreds of times already.

• Like 3