Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #78!

[DE]Rebecca

qs1qWUc.jpg

Join us this Friday, August 5th for Devstream #78!

Who: Rebecca is joined by Scott, Steve, and more!

What: This Devstream will be taking a deep dive into all things Titania. Gameplay, Customization, and more awaits you, viewers! Tune in to learn about the next Warframe, as well as some developer insight in creating this friend of the butterflies. We'll also be taking some Questions from the forums and chat!  

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes during the Livestream!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this Friday, August 5th at 2 p.m. EDT! Time Zone Converter: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

This thread closes at 10 a.m. on Friday, August 5th! 

Edited by [DE]Rebecca
Added link to image

1. Will the way that we extract from missions taking place inside of enemy ships ever be reworked? It seems strange how they have these conveniently placed rooms with four extraction points for Tenno Lisets.?

2. Will the way we mod our Warframes ever be reworked? I think Warframes and Abilities should be different sections, with the latter being accessed through the Abilities screen with it's own Augment and Mod slots so that we may equip more Warframe ultilites without having to sacrifice precious Mod spaces because of how Abilities currently require mandatory Mods to be useful. 

3. Will deployable Tenno Specters ever be reworked? As they are right now, most players choose to use Vapor Specters because they come in bundles of 10 and when they scale on high level missions they do very well. There is no incentive to use any of the higher tier Specters. 

4. Will you ever change how old arcane helmets work? Like perhaps could you turn them into a full arcane set that we could apply on something else? I am mainly asking this because there's a lot of very nice Tennogen created helmets that I simply cannot ever wear because arcane helmets are too useful to give up (especially both of Frost's who I obviously play at almost all times). 

If turning them into arcane sets is too much, could you possibly develop a way to display a cosmetic helmet over them? It could be similar to that two face Operator mechanic. Also, "hiding" them really wouldn't give you an advantage over others, especially in PvP activities since they are disabled there specifically to keep the base stats of all Frames relatively balanced. 

5. Can we get a Warframe mod that releases some form of energy upon our shields being drained completely that stuns nearby enemies for a few seconds to allow us a chance to escape to safety? You could balance it by making it so that the effect only actives again once your shields have fully recovered from the total damage on their own (to avoid Blessing/Companion abuse for infinite stuns). 

6. Would you and your fellow developers ever stream yourselves doing one of the Trials? I would very much enjoy watching that. 

7. When can we expect a Survival rework? My weapons and the skills of myself and my teammates should decide how long we last, not some tiny device. 

8. Can we please have a host button when trying to start a match when on public settings? I am tired of the game either searching endlessly for a squad or giving me lobby idlers and hosts who leave on purpose. 

9. Can we get a way to hop between Relay instances within the Relay so that when it resets or kicks people out you do not have to leave just to get back to the instance you were in?

10. Can we get the ability to favorite default colors so that we may take the colors from unique skins and apply them on other Warframes?

11. Now that the Void no longer drops any parts, could we possibly be allowed to deploy Extractors there now? 

I am aware that you won't have time for all of these if you even consider any of them so please choose whichever you find to be the most interesting. 

Will we be seeing an increase to Archwing's speed? The six degrees of freedom was a welcome change and definitely feels better than the old flight model. However, Archwing now feels glacial by comparison. Tenno in Archwing are glass cannons, and to balance that out I think we should have the speed to balance it out.

Pretty much same as last time.
Spoilerized this time for brevity.

By rough order of importance and/or current relevance - and my perception of the likelihood they'll be addressed:

We'll start with not so much a question as a polite reminder that I'd love to hear any thoughts on the current ideology behind Damage 3.0/Scaling 3.0/whatever-you-call-it.

And, a slightly less gentle prodding, not because I expect this to be addressed, but because it's important:
Could you please formulate, communicate and adhere to a unified vision of 'what Warframe is intended to be'?

tl;dr-

* Where is Warframe supposed to fall on the 'skill-based shooter <-> Horde mode ARPG' scale?
- Relatedly, where is it intended to fall on the 'skill <-> gear' scale? How easy/hard a fight is a player intended to have if they're severely over/under-modded?

* How static vs. dynamic is Warframe intended to be?
If primarily dynamic - and given the repeated statements (and a freaking anti-afk measure based solely on) that you don't want people sitting in a single spot for extended periods of time - what's the design logic behind low-range 'emanation'-type buffs? (such as Chroma's Vex Armor, Mirage's Total Eclipse Zephyr's Jet Stream and now Vauban's passive.)

Because those encourage players to huddle up (which generally means 'stand still in a common spot') to get any benefit from them. Which is something of a mixed message.

-----

Alright, the questions:

1) Are Kavats intended to be strictly better than Kubrows? Because they very much seem to be (and the scan vs egg pricing seems to support that view.)

2) Can Stealth finisher animations/conditions get a pass? To make them more fluid, less vulnerability/visibility-inducing? Particularly when sneaking up on multiple units, individual takedowns (not to mention the new alert-ing mechanics) tend to screw you up.
Elevations break them, facing can be finicky, and the vast majority have a lot of unnecessary frames that aren't needed.
Furthermore, having i-frames for them is great, but they root you in the open - leaving you visible and often getting you spotted.
Using one every so often is fine, but using them in sequence (e.g. sleeping or blinding an enemy group) - and especially if you're going "legit" stealth (i.e. not invis) is very clunky.

2b) Also, can they be given a different keybind than melee? Speaking of "legit" stealth and finicky facing, I'd rather not accidentally poke the Bombard I'm trying to sneak up on and shank, ya know?

3) When considering any new Focus/Convergence changes, please keep Spy missions in mind? :'(
tl;dr - Convergence has killed Spy missions as a source of Focus.

4) Could we get a quick overview on your take of the 'state of the frames'? How satisfied you are with what was reworked, what (if anything) more needs to be done there, next 'brightest fires', etc.

5) Given Steve's thoughts on disconnecting (or not disconnecting) cosmetics and gameplay, are there any UI improvements in the pipes for managing your synd sigils across your entire arsenal?

5b) Also, any UI addition/streamlining to bring your active Focus tree into the Arsenal?
After all, it is a part of your loadout.

6) Given the recent reintroduction of the EMP aura - Are you happy with the current state of Auras in general? Such as:
* The existence of 3-rank auras vs to more standard 5, making them (even) less desirable, because less mod points.
* All the V auras being additive straight damage, which is to say: both lacking in variety and growing less beneficial as your base damage mods improve.
* D auras being: Situational (Infested Impedance), useless (Physique, because it scales off base, unmodded health) and alright (Rejuvenation).
* - auras having Corrosive Projection, Energy Siphon, the Radars and basically every other actually-useful aura excepting Rejuvenation.

7) Given that it's obvious that 'all weapon were not made equal', is there any concrete intention to officially tier gear? After all, Scott has said on at least a couple of previous Devstreams that he has some kind of tiering system when creating new weapons.

8) Scott: How's your "undercover boss" playthrough going? Is it done?
What are your take-aways from it?

9) Is 'All Warframes should be overpowered' (or however DE_Steve phrased it) still the intention?
9b) On that note: if 'yes', how do Nullifiers fit in with this vision?

10) Excavation re-revisit? Please? ... Please? From its inception, it was my favorite game-mode. (And given its popularity in the CHT poll asking about previous events, I'm not alone in this.)

11) Have any changes been made to the announced next batch of weapon augments (these), based on the feedback given?

12) And on the topic of band-aid mods, has any thought been given to Covert Lethality, daggers, dual daggers, stealth-prompt attacks, etc?
12b) Actually, backtrack a bit: What do you consider to be 'bandaid's?

13) Can syndicate procs please not activate while you have the stealth multiplier buff up? (Seems both an easier and simpler solution than putting them under player control, though I may be wrong.)

14) Snipers: Scope-sway is irritating and possibly inapproriate (do 'frames need to breathe, have a cardiovascular system?), but I can live with it. That said: Any word on removing hipfire accuracy malus from snipers? Please?
Alternatively, are there any particular pros or cons to  removing it faster so quickscoping is possible?

15) I admit, I've not played Dark Sector, but the Glaive has been a favorite of mine for almost a year now. Any chance that the richochet mechanic will be looked at? I don't think I've ever seen a bounce hit something.

15b) On that note, do you consider thrown melee to be in a good place (what with bounces being, afaik, completely ineffectual - as above -, their attack-cycle length, the inherent 2-3 mod slot tax required to make them usable (Quick Return, Power Throw, Whirlwind(, Entropy Flight), their not being affected by melee combo... and all of which are mod slots you can't use to increase their damage)?

15c) What about having Altfire while in melee-mode immediately throw your thrown melee? Since it doesn't do anything atm.
(Would also dovetail nicely with Reload or Altfire switching modes for the Split Sword, if that ever happens.)

16) You have tracking data on completed missions. Has there been any talk about unplayed or disliked (e.g. here) mission types?

17) How will 'Damage / Enemy Scaling 3.0' affect status weapons' underpreformance in DE Approved Content enemy-levels compared with crit (or even decent straight-damage) weapons?

17b) Will this finally redeem the Sure Shot et al. mods? (+% status, 15% at rank 5 - where the dualstats give 60% at rank 3)

18) Reticule customisation? Particularly in Archwing, the crosshairs dot can be very hard to see.
--- Credit where credit is due: The new Archwing scope is much less easily lost. Thank you for that.

19) Speaking of Archwing - What about removing aura-inheritence and just giving them an aura slot? Are there any particular cons?

20) Any plans to better integrate Archwing into your loadout selection? If nothing else, to make it clear at-a-glance which AW loadout (by loadout name is probably sufficient) is currently selected.

21) Options to disable/limit screen shake and auto-mantle?

22) Exilus slots have been around for a while now. Are they working as intended vis-a-vis modding flexibility?

22b) Similarly, what are your current thoughts on augments vis-a-vis mod slots? Are they working as intended? What are your thoughts about dedicated aug slots? If that's a possibility, at what point does that just become a 'tech tree' - and as such why not just implement it as one?

23) Any realistic chance that revisiting the combo counter. or at least the bandaid mods Body Count/Harkonar Scope is on the radar? Such as splitting the bonus between base duration and the mod, like the Conclave KD/stagger defense mod - Anticipation, or how staggers work in Lunaro, now.

24) I don't expect Banshee's passive to change, sadly, so:
Since Silence isn't actually 'Silence' so much as 'Deafen', and Banshee has innate weapon silencing for a passive. Any thoughts on changing Silence? Possibly into its PvP/Malice version?

And a few high level fundamental 'what is Warframe' questions(, and as such, I doubt they'll get touched, unfortunately):

* Where is Warframe supposed to fall on the 'skill-based shooter <-> Horde mode ARPG' scale?
- Relatedly, where is it intended to fall on the 'skill <-> gear' scale? How easy/hard a fight is a player intended to have if they're severely over/under-modded?

* How static vs. dynamic is Warframe intended to be? If primarily dynamic - and given the repeated statements (and a freaking anti-afk measure based solely on) that you don't want people sitting in a single spot for extended periods of time - what's the design logic behind low-range 'emanation'-type buffs? (such as Chroma's Vex Armor, Mirage's Total Eclipse Zephyr's Jet Stream and now Vauban's passive.)

Because those encourage players to huddle up (which generally means 'stand still in a common spot') to get any benefit from them. Which is something of a mixed message.

-----
Addressed:

Steve shared his thoughts on disconnecting cosmetics from gameplay.

All passives now appear in the Arsenal.
Although clarity (read: stats) would stil be appreciated.

Limbo is next on the review list.

11b) Nullifers completely shut down Magnetize. However, take Magnetize add in a Miter (physical projectile with punchthrough) and the bubble burst augment...
Yay for hard-counter pileups, I guess.
-- Nullifiers now dispel any ability they interact with, making this irrelevant.

13) Nitain was nominally added to give players a reason to run credit-only alerts... Except that it A) didn't address credit-only alerts at all, what with not being a credit-only alert and with B) credit-only alerts still existing.
(Note that I'm not touching on the Nitain alert frequency - beyond saying that it's not as bad as I feared it might be, as that depends on an individual's free time.)

So, any followup?
-- Item alerts cycle through much faster, and many credit-only alerts now offer Rare cores (up from any rarity cores). That said, credit-only alerts do still exist.

Edited by Chroia

Dear Tenno council,

Many Tenno focus on health and armour as having 1k + of Health is more rewarding than having 1k+ of shields. Will there be a shields 2.0 were having high shields is just as, if not more rewarding than health and armour?

Anymore volt changes??? Many of us in the volt megathread feel that the "rework" did not live up to our expectations as something of excaliber's or new mags tier, we want a storm! 

Volt prime umbra? 

Volt deluxe skin? 

Are Warframes alive?

Are Kubrows and kavats within the same family? 

Beds,toys,sleeping and or cuddling kubrow? a park for kubrows and kavats? Do kavats and kubrows get along? 

Any news on the infested behind the door? 

Augment slot? 

There aren't many staff type weapons, how about a Sancti Tipdeo? I love staff weaponry and with the vaulting of the bo prime which will not return for a very long time, there needs to be more staffs to compensate for that and the current 4 (Excluding mk1 type) Also please increase there range slightly to be on par with polearms 

That is all and thank you for your patronage 

Dear Dang Diddly DE Developers

The recent explosion headshot damage fix, though understandably necessary, has increased a problem for a certain melee weapon category: Glaive weapons.
These weapons, which have been a great icon ever since Dark Sector, have incredibly weak throw attacks, now even with the channeled explosions.
Compared to their closest counterpart, the Redeemer, all Glaives have around 5 to 9 times less damage on their charge attacks, something their differences do not make up for.

Would it be possible to do a pass on Throw attacks for Glaives, and maybe their stats in general? (Since they all have 35 base damage or less)

Like always, stay hotdog.
Thanks for reading, have a Hektato:
0CgTSNq.png

Edited by Cyborg-Rox
grammar fix

[Question 1] -> Will we ever be able to equip any combination of weapons? Meaning 2 Primaries and one Secondary or 3 Melee Weapons.

[Question 2] -> Can we - if possible - get more sliders for the custom holsters? A z-axis-slider would be especially helpful. Some Warframes & Skins (Loki Knave) make it a bit hard to position the weapon as you want without it.

I know I had more questions but I can't remember them right now - so I guess they were not important :D

Thanks!

can we have it so that when accessing the navigation, it shows all the planet again and not just the last planet you visited

also, when will the regular frames be getting the pbr treatment, cause as it shows now, wearing the alternate helmets on primes looks really really out of place

with the new archwing system out [which btw i really enjoyed now], it got me thinking that we dont have a room like simulacrum for archwings, so is there a chance that we'll get something like that in the future

also, will there ever be a change in Carrier's vacuum in where its universal to all companions to have vacuum pre-built and make carrier an actual carrier in where it drops random drops from ammos to energies to health, its because the utility of what vacuum provides is really helpful, hence its being used pretty much all of the time

Just now, Chamiel said:

[Question 1] -> Will we ever be able to equip any combination of weapons? Meaning 2 Primaries and one Secondary or 3 Melee Weapons.

[Question 2] -> Can we - if possible - get more sliders for the custom holsters? A z-axis-slider would be especially helpful. Some Warframes & Skins (Loki Knave) make it a bit hard to position the weapon as you want without it.

I know I had more questions but I can't remember them right now - so I guess they were not important :D

Thanks!

That would be pretty cool.

Question about Customization:

Geoff,now that we have melee holster customization (thanks very much for that, by the way!!!) can we please get holster customization for primaries and secondaries?

I would love to see chest holsters for handguns, or behind the back holsters or reverse-gun grip cowboy style holsters. And for Primaries, I would love to be able to place a Bow and the Quiver horizontally along the lower back. 

Edited by TennoSimons

1. Will we as Warframes be able to choose to follow Teshin or another guide besides Lotus?

2. What are your collective thoughts and plans following the way Update 19 was handled? Between u18 and u19 was the largest gap between updates so far spanning several months only to be met with partial deployment of u19. Will we see future updates deployed in this manner, is this an outlier, or can we return to traditional deployment?

Edited by Volkovyi

-When can we expect a balancing pass on Focus schools? Zenurik and Naramon continue to totally dominate, while others like Vazarin and Unairu specifically can't even begin to compare.

-Potential balancing pass on older clantech weapons to lower the discrepancy between older items (I.E. Mire, Dera) and newer ones?

-Will we ever see a free-form build mode for dojos that allows us to plan out rooms or build multiple decorations at once? Placing decorations on walls just from the ground is hard.

1. A number of us have voiced our disapproval about the nature of the most recent changes to Valkyr. We feel our concerns have been dismissed. We would like to know what, if any, plans there are for a proper rework of Valkyr's kit as a whole.
  2. How are things progressing with The War Within?
Edited by Tzolkat

I've kinda of been wondering do you think its possible we could ever be able to use non-prime models on primed warframes like we can with the helmets? Just thought that might be a cool option lol. Thanks for making such an awesome game and for being such awesome devs, keep up the good work ! :D