Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr's Gravity Passive breaks after using Tailwind

HalfDarkShadow

Hey guys!

This one is a bit weird to explain. It's been a bit on the back of my mind for the past few weeks ever since the momentum fixes and since then Zephyr's gravity passive has been a bit inconsistent since. One of the best places to replicate this for yourself is either in the simulacrum or Lua's Defense mission as it's one of the few maps with that largest ceiling height.

So basically the long-story-short is when you are using an in-air Tailwind, her passive (for the lack of a better term) "turns off", or breaks if you will, and will just drop down real fast, typically ending up doing the knee-drop animation.
In the video provided, you'll see me also Bullet-Jump and Tailwind from the ground and everything works as intended. But once I jump and Tailwind, is where the problem lies.

Video and explanation/specifics:

Spoiler

What seems to sort of fix it is to jump a second time after Tailwind is finished to which then your passive "turns back on" and will begin to start floating again (please see @0:30 seconds of the video). The issue with that is, is that just about all your momentum stops in place, which in turn also needing to use up your second mid-air jump just to stop you from hitting the ground too hard. Also adding you will stop all together after that second jump mostly.
But looking at the very first Bullet-Jump I did in the video to compare it with, the second midair jump immediately after keeps my current speed and momentum moving with no issue. Same applies with using Tailwind from the ground.

Editor's Note 10/12/2016: I'll be re-uploading a newer video to help better demonstrate it more clearly as well as not having those frame hiccups in the current video now (it's on Youtube's uploading end, as the original footage doesn't show this).

Apologies for the few freezes in the video. ShadowPlay has been a bit funky lately but nothing important is missing during the two freezes/pauses in the video.
EDIT: After re-looking at the original raw [and compressed] footage, the freezes do not happen, which makes me believe an issue happened when I was uploading it to Youtube. Will upload a better video in the future, if need be.

This isn't terribly a major issue, but it can be frustrating at times during an Excavation run for example, trying to get to your teammates/pod or just general navigation to have your momentum completely slow down, than needing to jump a second time usually stopping you all together.

So I'm not sure why that is and I hope this might get looked at in the future so we can keep her passive consistent with all her other parkour-maneuvers!

Thanks again for reading, cheers!~

Edited by HalfDarkShadow
Updated: 2/9/2017 - Cleaned up for better clarity.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just gonna be 100% honest here: I hope Zephyr is not getting a rework any time soon.  This bug DOES need to be fixed, badly (I mean basically she can't actually "fly" now, so for a flight-themed warframe, that's a rather large bug...) but if anyone's getting a rework, it needs to be Banshee.

That said, yes, this needs to be fixed anyway.  It seems a rather strange bug, though, the way it only seems to break on the second use.  Have you tried this with very low power duration to see if you can get more than 2 uses before the gravity kicks back in?  Thinking maybe there could be a duration cap on her sustained "flight" so maybe if you run lower power duration (meaning shorter boosts) you could check that.

Though even if there is, it's still a bug.  She's a flygirl.  She shouldn't be falling like this :)