The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Asuri Nova and Davani Syandana Feedback

TonyTFG

7 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Rhinos iron skin(granted it isnt a new animation) changes once you put on palatine skin so it exclusive to Palatine.

My point is though that not one skin has 2 specific effects that make it unique. Nova's is the only one. It has a lighting effect that is more fit for a Syandana than a skin and it has a ridiculous amount of animation all over the arms. It's only really a complaint because of how misleading everything was. It was well within expectation for that to be on the Syandana because of that and thus would not devalue the skin, especially as it seems to be the same price as other premium skins.

Thinking about it >.> because of how much was put into the skin i would say DE is selling it for too cheap :p the arms have individual animations based on the skill cast and interact differently with one another. It was already a premium skin without that.

Edited by Kaoru_Sugimura

26 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Rhinos iron skin(granted it isnt a new animation) changes once you put on palatine skin so it exclusive to Palatine.

A small ability appearance change is not what i am talking about. I am talking about passive animation and lighting. Casting an ability for an appearance difference is not passive and if we are talking about fashion frame, which we are since you mentioned the "value", then Nova's effects both show while not only in combat but outside of it. So, they can be shown at any point in relays. Rhino's Iron Skin however can not do the same. All the players see is a more metallic, smaller wing wang Rhino that moved mini rhino to his head. Basically, Rhino got cocky (joke intended) and that is all the real visual difference people will see in fashion frame.

9 minutes ago, Kaoru_Sugimura said:

A small ability appearance change is not what i am talking about. I am talking about passive animation and lighting. Casting an ability for an appearance difference is not passive and if we are talking about fashion frame, which we are since you mentioned the "value", then Nova's effects both show while not only in combat but outside of it. So, they can be shown at any point in relays. Rhino's Iron Skin however can not do the same. All the players see is a more metallic, smaller wing wang Rhino that moved mini rhino to his head. Basically, Rhino got cocky (joke intended) and that is all the real visual difference people will see in fashion frame.

this is largely about the arms animation which only shows when casting abilities. it is not shown in relays. the spinning parts on the are are barely noticeable unless you are focusing on the arms. i fail to see how they are not similar to each other since both affects are exclusive to the skins themselves and not their syndana.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

I am a Nova main aswell and I just simply feel like being trolled by DE ...

the previous deluxe skins were so damn bautiful and this one just stands out because its ugly as hell >.< poor nova Q.Q i mean just compare the previous ones with this "thing"

I was so hyped to get a nice looking deluxe skin for this awesome frame but when i first saw some reveal pics i thought that they were joking, but well now it sadly came true.

also this skin looks like its a rip-off of one of the overwatch characters and i wonder what might happen, if blizzard gets to see this

so in short, nova deservers something better, something beautiful

Edited by Fusen

10 hours ago, -CKY-Ramnus said:

Ninionniom nionioniom i like this skin ... you don't like it then don't buy it.

It's that simple. 

People probably wouldn't care as much as they do if it weren't for the fact that each frame will probably only ever get one deluxe skin. That means that any Nova main out there who wanted to see their favorite frame get a Deluxe Skin has this as their one and only for forever.

Personally, I don't entirely hate the skin. The body is good as-is save for a few needed fixes to the glitchy areas mentioned in the OP. What I despise is the arms and... Whatever that helmet is supposed to be. The arms just clash so hard with the body, and look so weird and awkward. It doesn't even fit Warframe's theme. I mean, yeah, the other deluxe skins vary from the usual too, but at least they still look like they work. I don't even see how these arms hold together! How do those elbows work? How do those shoulders work? I'd honestly like to see the skin changed to have different arms at the very least. I really don't think anyone would complain, since even those that like the rest of the skin complain about the arms.

There is a difference between being bad to the majority, and being objectively bad. Those arms are objectively bad. There is nothing aesthetically pleasing about them regardless of what your tastes are.

54 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

this is largely about the arms animation which only shows when casting abilities. it is not shown in relays. the spinning parts on the are are barely noticeable unless you are focusing on the arms. i fail to see how they are not similar to each other since both affects are exclusive to the skins themselves and not their syndana.

Arm animations are shown in Relays. Give her one of her default animation sets (Noble Nova animation). As for the spinning rings on her arms those also show very well if you go with lighter colors for it, not many do, but it isn't a matter of how well it shows it is a matter of her having 1-2 more passive features than any other skin and this is why people were so easily fooled into thinking that the Syandana was the one granting the illuminated arms.

You only fail to see it because you aren't paying attention or you simply choose not to because you like having that "extra value". Personally, i would much prefer that effect on the Syandana but i am fairly certain that won't change so i just have to accept it as is, just like everyone else. My greatest issue is the same as everyone else's though: I wanted the arm effect to be usable on other frames as i rarely play nova anymore, not to say that she isn't good because she is, I just have too much time on her. I literally have not played the regular nova in over a year and she is still my most played frame somehow. :/

Ah yes, it sticks out like a sore thumb ... it looks like a bad case of clipping, as if the goup making the arm and the group making the body were different, and a third guy just stick them together.

As for the skin itslef, I like it, expecially the hands, I woud like to see them more in fact (slower "fading" mybe when melee channeling, bullet jump and the likes)

Yes I do like it.

The helmet isn't bad either, I just prefer others, or with a darker color palette

Yes, the clipping issue between the arms and the body is an eyesore.

As for the "energy arms" growing out of her back, I actually think it would benefit the skin A LOT if we saw the arms more. they disappear too fast, and only on casting. Parkour and melee channeling (or when hittin an enemy with a channeling weapon) should also make them appear.

1 hour ago, Kaoru_Sugimura said:

~snip~

hehehe thanks for the tip now i have a reason to use nova animation set. i was using zephyr but anything that brings attention back to nova is a good thing. im sure in light of this and palatine exclusive type animations youll see more like them for each frame. im ok with that. nothing wrong with exclusive content. 

Edit: wanted to add that this skin fits amazingly well with various other helmets.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

13 hours ago, Valsako-EN- said:

People probably wouldn't care as much as they do if it weren't for the fact that each frame will probably only ever get one deluxe skin. That means that any Nova main out there who wanted to see their favorite frame get a Deluxe Skin has this as their one and only for forever.

Personally, I don't entirely hate the skin. The body is good as-is save for a few needed fixes to the glitchy areas mentioned in the OP. What I despise is the arms and... Whatever that helmet is supposed to be. The arms just clash so hard with the body, and look so weird and awkward. It doesn't even fit Warframe's theme. I mean, yeah, the other deluxe skins vary from the usual too, but at least they still look like they work. I don't even see how these arms hold together! How do those elbows work? How do those shoulders work? I'd honestly like to see the skin changed to have different arms at the very least. I really don't think anyone would complain, since even those that like the rest of the skin complain about the arms.

There is a difference between being bad to the majority, and being objectively bad. Those arms are objectively bad. There is nothing aesthetically pleasing about them regardless of what your tastes are.

yeah you're right, one frame will have one deluxe skin only, and this is game over for nova, we still have tennogen skins but they're just "body-base on" built ?, and I dont want to use that ugly syandana, dont tell me to use another pls ???

Edited by AndIWin

If those Kali looking arms were part of the Syandana I would have bought the bundle. Aside from that, I like the overall design - it's reaching into a different pot - one that some lunatics today would probably consider 'culturally inappropriate'...

-_-

Edited by SinReplica

I was misled by the portrayal of the syandana.

It was made to look as if the arms were part of it, and I felt like it could be attached to any character. 

I won't ask for a refund because it is not that expensive BUT:

1) Either make the arms show up for all frames; OR

2) Change the Syandanna into a secondary attachment exclusive for nova, like Nekros' Mortos Binds; while still allowing for an arbitrary syandanna to be equipped. 

Current model "It's a syandanna but some FX can only be seen when equipped on Nova" is NOT COOL.

Nova is my most fav frame, and I'm heavily disappointed by that skin. It goes against everything I find aesthetic. ):

And I am not asking for it to be removed/changed/whatever, I can understand if others like it. I'm just saddened that my fav frame gets the imho ugliest skin the game has yet.

After all frames got these premium skins, will there be more to come in the future, like a second round? 

It's the best deluxe skin in game. With proper colors it looks amazing. Even helmet is great. It looks more like teapot than fly's eyes. 

I understand people have different tastes, but this time we have some kind of battue. It began when DE showed skin for the first time. Regular colors are horrible, people didn't like them and this started this whole hate (not disliking). 

The reason why arms are only part of the skin is that animations are prepared only for Nova. If we wanted to have it on every frame DE would have to make animations for all frames. 

On 8/11/2016 at 2:29 PM, Airwolfen said:

You do not though... They just only show up on skill cast.

If you dont have the skin and syandana equipped the arm wont show up if you only have for exemple the syandana (as the arms come from it) and yes they only show up from casting (which is pmuch only for 1s)

Edited by TheMadjackal

1 hour ago, TheMadjackal said:

If you dont have the skin and syandana equipped the arm wont show up if you only have for exemple the syandana (as the arms come from it) and yes they only show up from casting (which is pmuch only for 1s)

No they wont because the arms even show up when you have the skin equipped but not the syandana. The arms are not part of the syandana but part of the skin itself.