Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you think about the changes in SOTR?

Cool3303

Specters of the rail included a lot of dubious... or rather controversial changes.

But while other updates caused storms of rage in the forum this patch merely caused slight discontent, some with promises to be fixed.

With SOTR update 2 out... and a lack of fixes or changes I wanted to gauge your opinions, if they are merely not well known or if you even appreciate them.

• 1.The Relic grind (I know it has been done to dead)

This is obviously a big one. While acquiring what you want is now easier (In a coordinated group when using Radiant relics which are now fixed at 4misions minimum). The number of Relics vs Keys has skyrocketed... Do you prefer being able to target the parts you want or are you afraid of running dry? Also what do you think about the changes to vaulted items?

DE said they are planning to make relic acquisition easier (Reduce the Grind by dropping them from enemies)

• 2.Ducat changes (or the lack of them)

A lot of items got new Values, making it harder to earn Ducats efficently from common items, in addition to the now skyrocketed need for Relics

DE Drew said they might reduce trader prices at some point but have not done so due to the amount of stockpiled Ducats. What do you think of that reasoning (considering the amount of primed disappointment)?

Additionally it furthens the rift between consoles and PC even more.... Do we have to wait till they run out of stockpiles too? Or will they be given a different build?

• 3.Explosives don't auto Headshot anymore deal half (or less) of the damage they used to -(Stealth nerf)

Yes we all know explosives always hitting the head doesn't make sense, please ignore this and focus at the effect: All explosives deal half damage, less if they used to crit (since crits deal 4x dmg  on headshot). With all the topics calling for a(nother) synoid simulor nerf it seems this isnt very well known.

Please keep in mind explosives don't only consist of Tonkor and Synoid Simulor, which arguably needed a nerf.

The category also includes: Quanta (Vandal),Penta (Secura),Ogris,Torid,Angstrum,(Sancti) Castanas,Talons,Kulstar,Sonicor,Staticor,Stug

Thunderbolt and Concealed explosives, aswell as syndicate procs and ability "explosions" were affected by this too

• 4.Less Credit Rewards -(Stealth Nerf)

There is a lack of information regarding this bug but it seems either credit rewards have been nerfed or the display for them is broken...

Would be nice if someone could confirm this for me

• 5.Nerf of Syndicate missions -(Stealth Nerf+Missinformation)

So this was supposedly fixed in Hotfix 13... but it really hasn't been. There are now only 7 Syndicate missions (in contrast to 3 per rank) and top ranking players will get 5,6,7.

This of course means that they get lower rank missions (the supposed "fix" replaced the corect names) and as a result of that less Reputation. Defense has gone down from 9k to 5-6k while other missions now reward 3-4k

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed clickbait in title

SotR was the worst update I have ever experienced. In ANY game.
All my friends are quitting the game, we don't have a purpose to play. 2-3 missions a day and then just close it because it's not fun, boring, more repetitive than ever and not rewarding in any ways.

I love Warframe. But this game is not Warframe anymore.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

We've already got thirty-six pages of this..

Well but this thread is dedicated to specific changes, of which some are even undocumented

Oh also that megathread specifically does not include void 2.0 ->Relics

Edited by Cool3303

The only problem i have with the update is that they removed the only thing close to an endgame - endless survival and defense in the void.

This problem could be easily fixed if they added forma bps (a,b+c) and maybe even cata/reactors in the c rotation at mot, that hellhole where my nekros gets oneshot at 2minmark would be the best endgame we ever had and we would have an actual reason to play it.

Another possibility would be traces again dropable from the corrupted enemies, this way we could continue doing the fissure missions while farming for traces and getting relics (still waiting for that dropratebuff DE)

Well and ducats still being worth the same as before sucks but they gave a reason for that if I remember correctly...

The only thing that worries me is that relic farming, since I got my relics bugged in a transfer from keys, they got reduced to almost nothing. DE needs to buff droprates for those since you now consume them 4 times faster. The alternative would be to make relics consumed only if one person take the reward. So if all players take one, only that relic is consumed.

15 minutes ago, Radagosh said:

The only problem i have with the update is that they removed the only thing close to an endgame - endless survival and defense in the void.

This problem could be easily fixed if they added forma bps (a,b+c) and maybe even cata/reactors in the c rotation at mot, that hellhole where my nekros gets oneshot at 2minmark would be the best endgame we ever had and we would have an actual reason to play it.

Another possibility would be traces again dropable from the corrupted enemies, this way we could continue doing the fissure missions while farming for traces and getting relics (still waiting for that dropratebuff DE)

Well and ducats still being worth the same as before sucks but they gave a reason for that if I remember correctly...

Check out my thread please ^^
You sound like you want the same as I do

That update was indeed a big fat hit of the nerf hammer on the players face.

I had barely started playing warframe when it went live, and even for a newbie like me, it was bad, like real bad. It's rather clear that this nerf, happening on so many different fronts, is there to slow down players progression as much as possible.

This is no mistake though, that's what DE wants, and even if they change things because the playerbase complains, it'll be for sneakier and stealthier nerfs here and there, because they actually want the players to progress at a much slower rate, so the incentive to buy boosters increases. I guess.

They're clearly trying to open new lines of revenue within the game itself.

Ducat changes are up in the air right now. Things will continuity change until a happy medium is found. For now getting ducats is not very hard but in the long run I can't feel that is a sustainable pace.

the credit nerf was completely unwarranted and very inconsiderate of DE. I get that this is a free to play game and the grind is all but expected at this point but this is something that was not merited. A lot of players are struggling and the the grind is getting to the point that it's becoming a shore which is driving players away.

As for the explosive nerf. Well, we can all blame the tonkor for this and to lesser extent the synoid similor. The nerf was 100% warranted if it only affected those two weapons.

24 minutes ago, Radagosh said:

they didn't remove it though, you can still play endless void missions if you so desire, you just don't get prime parts anymore.

5 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

As for the explosive nerf. Well, we can all blame the tonkor for this and to lesser extent the synoid similor. The nerf was 100% warranted if it only affected those two weapons.

Thanks for ignoring everything I wrote in that section ;)

I think the explosive nerf was just the typical DE thing: "oh it's benefits the player is inconsistent"

afterall they could have nerfed the stats directly at any time...

Edited by Cool3303

I'm perfectly fine with the relic changes. Now I get to keep old relics so I can still farm vaulted items if I didn't get everything. This is a nice change and even though we have a lot of them, we will have less of the new ones and being able to keep them forever will be a great blessing.

Stealth nerf? What nerf?

Credit nerf? What nerf? It was a visual thing, Now I get 20k credits from a Dark Sector just fine, like I used to. Don't see any problem with that, and my income is still the same as pre-SotR.

I don't like the ducat changes, though. Common items are too worthless and the prices did not change. (Though they might change in the future.)

5 minutes ago, cghawk said:

they didn't remove it though, you can still play endless void missions if you so desire, you just don't get prime parts anymore.

they just removed any reason to play it. I wont go for 2hour runs if I get no useful rewards for doing something like that.

3 minutes ago, Cool3303 said:

Thanks for ignoring everything I wrote in that section ;)

I think the explosive nerf was just the typical DE thing: "oh it's benefits the player is inconsistent"

afterall they could have nerfed the stats directly at any time...

Don't see how my point is any less relevant. I said IF it only affected those weapons but DE seems do surgery with a sledge hammer instead of a scalpel.  

45 minutes ago, Cool3303 said:

1.The Relic grind (I know it has been done to dead)

2.Ducat changes (or the lack of them)

3.Explosives don't auto Headshot anymore deal half (or less) of the damage they used to -(Stealth nerf)

4.Less Credit Rewards -(Stealth Nerf)

5.Nerf of Syndicate missions -(Stealth Nerf+Missinformation)

1 - Really could do with increased drop rates for the relics considering the way it's been designed to 'limit' the amount of prime parts we can actually get in an event

2 - Can't really comment here as never really used ducats (too new to have spare prime parts) but don't exactly see how relics and ducats can coexist easily with the changes to the way receive prime parts...

3 - not a big explosive player but shouldn't an explosive aimed near the head (ie in main blast radius) do major damage....

4 - not sure about this one, I've said it before while it does seem less money is out there I've actually got more money in the bank than ever before... likely down to not having anything to do, I have no slots to build anything in....

5 - This I have noticed, I'm not even really bothering with them now as the time spent isn't worth the reward anymore.

6 - The stupid nullifiers now destroying 'fixed ability' things like frosts globe is just wrong, it's something that wasn't needed in the game and is the wrong direction to take with this game.  The flame firing grineers also need their bugs fixing....

7 - I don't like the need to buy slots for archwing, admittedly archwing is my least favourite element of the main game it's not fair on players who haven't had the chance to get the items in the past and get their items grandfathered.  Actually I think the number of slots should be increased for a lot of elements considering how they keep increasing the number of items in game.

As a console Tenno looking on with interest, the thing I'm most concerned about is how the new PA relics will be implemented, ie their drop rate and locations. I know the devs said they will make relics easier to acquire but all or some? Worried that the actual PA relics will have ridiculous drop chances before you even start to shine them up and rely on even more rng.

Relic acquisition, in my opinion, needs to be made better, as in we get more relics, from more sources, with more consistence. I think many survival, defence and interception missions could have their A,B and C rotations primarily occupied with relics, and it isn't entirely unreasonable to want each individual mission rotation to house only two or three relics so hat farming specific relics isn't too much of an issue. 

Ducats, once again, for me, are another problem, more so now because the new void system prevents en-mass farming of primes. The primary problem being that anything worth trading to the void trader barely provides ducat, and anything that provides ducat is worth using or trading. The void trader's purpose was to ditch unwanted primes for new rewards, that isn't what he's accomplishing as is.

You forgot the removal of Draco to encourage more sales of affinity boosters.

I think the biggest problem there is right now for Veteran /Hardcore players is the utter lack of anything to do between updates now.

Before you could do endless void missions or go 6 forma a weapon/frame in Draco but both of these have been removed.

Overall I think your going to see these types of players game time go down to almost nothing between content patches.