Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To all the returning confused tenno

ziyax

Question

This post is for all of us who took a break from the game update 17 and feel confused and everything is spoilers lol its the worst state you can be in a game chat is our enemy and when start looking for the void I still dunno what is the new system and lastly tons of updates 

20 answers to this question

I have another question , is sechura still alive can I farm credits there or is it gone ? 

:suda::suda::suda::suda::suda::suda::suda::suda::suda:

Also if draco is gone I farm affinity only in stealth runs now or is there something new? 

And what do sorties give you and what are they •~•

2b5b8f2abf53c88f9e068be4216433e93c9191f3

in all seriousness, Updates with Quests will always contain some form of spoilers. Just play through the content and don't use the Chat/Forums/Reddit/etc. 

If you feel confused, what exactly are you confused about? I guess a lot of ppl can help you in a non-spoilery way.

Update 19 Spectres of the Rail is the re-work of the Solar System, featuring a more structured progression system for new players, re-balancing of certain planets and game modes (see The Epic Murder of Count Draco), and the rework of the Void Towers and Prime part rewards. As a side note, Archwing saw some improvement and content re-balancing.

The gist of it is...

• Draco is now a 13-17 Survival mission
  • You no longer get Prime parts from Void missions
  • You now use new Void Relics to get Prime Parts
  • So, instead of spending all your time in some Orokin Tower, you will have to look for Void Fissures (which appear as a Mission Tab) that can appear on most planet nodes and bring the appropriate Void Relic
  • During these missions, Void Fissures will appear and spawn Orokin units, or change any nearby Grineer, Corpus or Infested into a Corrupted. Killing these will periodically drop little yellow orbs, known as Reactants.
  • You have to pick up 10 of these Reactants (by walking over them) and finish the mission to get your Prime Part
  • All you Void Keys are now changed to Void Relics
Edited by Ojimaru

6 hours ago, Ojimaru said:

Update 19 Spectres of the Rail is the re-work of the Solar System, featuring a more structured progression system for new players, re-balancing of certain planets and game modes (see The Epic Murder of Count Draco), and the rework of the Void Towers and Prime part rewards. As a side note, Archwing saw some improvement and content re-balancing.

The gist of it is...

• Draco is now a 13-17 Survival mission
  • You no longer get Prime parts from Void missions
  • You now use new Void Relics to get Prime Parts
  • So, instead of spending all your time in some Orokin Tower, you will have to look for Void Fissures (which appear as a Mission Tab) that can appear on most planet nodes and bring the appropriate Void Relic
  • During these missions, Void Fissures will appear and spawn Orokin units, or change any nearby Grineer, Corpus or Infested into a Corrupted. Killing these will periodically drop little yellow orbs, known as Reactants.
  • You have to pick up 10 of these Reactants (by walking over them) and finish the mission to get your Prime Part
  • All you Void Keys are now changed to Void Relics

Wow thanks for your time ^~^ I am sure I all get used to the new void system SOON®

As for the new starmap... If you have all planets unlocked then this wont be much of help but if not

• You need to do a "Junction" in order to access a new planet
  • Junctions reward exp, Blueprints, quests etc.
  • Some quests can be unlocked by doing junctions
  • Void is now connected to certain planets
  • Just look at each planet to see which one is connected to the void
  • In order to access it you must have completed the node before the void segment

Things about relics though

• Its now harder to farm for ducats
  • Derelict Dragon Keys now require "Void Traces" to craft
  • You get void traces automatically from collecting 10 reactants while fishing (doing fissures)
  • You can upgrade relics with reactant so it would give higher chances to drop rares
  • Prime junk currently is 5:10p
  • Relics drop like Void Keys. Lith=T1, Meso=T2, Neo=T3, Axi=T4
  • You can farm relics similar to how you farm keys like Hieracon.
  • Derelict Defense and Survival is a relic goldmine

The changes took some time for me to get used to but the game now feels a lot slower. Back then you can have fun doing endless survivals or defenses solo or with a party. Now that its removed I feel a bit.... empty. :(

18 hours ago, 8BitCardinal said:

As for the new starmap... If you have all planets unlocked then this wont be much of help but if not

• You need to do a "Junction" in order to access a new planet
  • Junctions reward exp, Blueprints, quests etc.
  • Some quests can be unlocked by doing junctions
  • Void is now connected to certain planets
  • Just look at each planet to see which one is connected to the void
  • In order to access it you must have completed the node before the void segment

Things about relics though

• Its now harder to farm for ducats
  • Derelict Dragon Keys now require "Void Traces" to craft
  • You get void traces automatically from collecting 10 reactants while fishing (doing fissures)
  • You can upgrade relics with reactant so it would give higher chances to drop rares
  • Prime junk currently is 5:10p
  • Relics drop like Void Keys. Lith=T1, Meso=T2, Neo=T3, Axi=T4
  • You can farm relics similar to how you farm keys like Hieracon.
  • Derelict Defense and Survival is a relic goldmine

The changes took some time for me to get used to but the game now feels a lot slower. Back then you can have fun doing endless survivals or defenses solo or with a party. Now that its removed I feel a bit.... empty. :(

I have all planets unlocked and I have a question, I don't get how this new void system removes RNG. and I used to play tons of solo survival and defense T4 as a Loki and frost main -.+ is the void tileset gone?

The void tileset is still here but say goodbye to 1 hour solo. There's nothing much you can get from doing void except for Argons and Modules.

As for Warframe changes somethings that I remember people were ranting about are

• Excalibur EB dash-attack blind nerfed
  • Valkyr Hysteria nerfed
  • 99% dmg red Trinity nerfed
  • Frost's bubbles now dissipate on contact with nullifiers (as well as all deployable tenno ability)

The lack of (incentive to do) endless is the one big downside.  As far as farming void parts, the new system is pretty good, and the variety and randomness of the maps is basically good.  It's just that there's nothing to work towards any more - whereas before you'd work towards min-maxing your build to do endless, now pretty much anything will do for most of the content except Sorties and Raids.

I really miss getting into a nice flow state with 20/40/60 survivals.  The game's lost a little bit of its charm that way, a little bit of the mysterious alien quality of being immersed in Void tower action for long periods.  We've gained in terms of more and more varied missions to PUG for void parts with, but we've lost a bit of atmosphere and mystery.

8 hours ago, 8BitCardinal said:

The void tileset is still here but say goodbye to 1 hour solo. There's nothing much you can get from doing void except for Argons and Modules.

As for Warframe changes somethings that I remember people were ranting about are

• Excalibur EB dash-attack blind nerfed
  • Valkyr Hysteria nerfed
  • 99% dmg red Trinity nerfed
  • Frost's bubbles now dissipate on contact with nullifiers (as well as all deployable tenno ability)

Thank god no Loki nerfs this warftame is secretly op. just try maxing duration and getting a hammer or a redeemer and shoot some one's back for an insta kill.

• I only played excal for the badass ult.

• how was hysteria nerfed exactly it was a grineer blender anyway. ¶:

• didn't know that existed usually low duration trinity was op anyway its just redundant.

•NoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo!! Srsly though don't you guys think that's too much?

Edited by ziyax
Auto correct sux and added another paragraph cus free time

7 hours ago, Omnimorph said:

The lack of (incentive to do) endless is the one big downside.  As far as farming void parts, the new system is pretty good, and the variety and randomness of the maps is basically good.  It's just that there's nothing to work towards any more - whereas before you'd work towards min-maxing your build to do endless, now pretty much anything will do for most of the content except Sorties and Raids.

I really miss getting into a nice flow state with 20/40/60 survivals.  The game's lost a little bit of its charm that way, a little bit of the mysterious alien quality of being immersed in Void tower action for long periods.  We've gained in terms of more and more varied missions to PUG for void parts with, but we've lost a bit of atmosphere and mystery.

Is RNG still in the new system ,because I am truly the unluckiest person ever I litterly played like 40 vay hek boss fights solo to get hydroid systems,and I played more that 25 infested alad missions and no systems, just imagine why I stopped farming void missions after I got Loki prime and scindo prime, now I couldn't agree more that I miss it I might start playing sorties.  0_0

17 hours ago, ziyax said:

Is RNG still in the new system ,because I am truly the unluckiest person ever I litterly played like 40 vay hek boss fights solo to get hydroid systems,and I played more that 25 infested alad missions and no systems, just imagine why I stopped farming void missions after I got Loki prime and scindo prime, now I couldn't agree more that I miss it I might start playing sorties.  0_0

RNG is still part of the system and will likely remain throughout the lifetime of Warframe. However, the new Void Relic system does a great deal to ease the pain points of the old system, namely

• You know what the drops are for each Relic, as well as the relative rarity of each drop
  • You can manipulate the drop chances by Refining Relics
  • You are no longer locked into a single mission type while farming for a particular Prime Part (i.e. you no longer have to sit through multiple 20-wave ODD missions for Trinity Prime Systems)
  • Each Void Relic run is finite, i.e. you only need to collect 10 Reactant per mission and you can end the mission at any time after that. So instead of a 20-minute Survival Mission holed up in the Orokin drain, you're out and done in 5 minutes, ready for your next Relic run.

4 hours ago, Ojimaru said:

RNG is still part of the system and will likely remain throughout the lifetime of Warframe. However, the new Void Relic system does a great deal to ease the pain points of the old system, namely

• You know what the drops are for each Relic, as well as the relative rarity of each drop
  • You can manipulate the drop chances by Refining Relics
  • You are no longer locked into a single mission type while farming for a particular Prime Part (i.e. you no longer have to sit through multiple 20-wave ODD missions for Trinity Prime Systems)
  • Each Void Relic run is finite, i.e. you only need to collect 10 Reactant per mission and you can end the mission at any time after that. So instead of a 20-minute Survival Mission holed up in the Orokin drain, you're out and done in 5 minutes, ready for your next Relic run.

the last two points are self defeating in the new system.

you will spend at least 15 minutes for a CHANCE at the apropo relic rng'ing out of a surv/def/exc, then add in at least your 5 for the actual fissure run, typically more.

if the relevant relic is only a c rotation anywhere, thats 25 minimum, and if its a rare, you can then expect the relic farm for trace fodder for refinement to push up to between 15*4 and 15*16 for collecting enough lith fodder, then  add 5*4 to 5*16 minutes for running said relic fodder for the relevant trace rng which is hard set between 6 and 30 per run.

further you won't know how much relic fodder you need for enough trace to push one to a radiant until after you run said relics through a few times. so its task divisive. farm relics crack relics check trace sums, repeat until 100 instead of simple farm relics to amount x, crack relics until trace 100, refine desired, crack desired.

worse its rng added on top of rng.

the entire group element truly adds a functional nothing to counter that.

now as to the first point, yay you know the end rng rates. the beginning rng rates become errata obscura. using the data table or anything else at this point and tell me the simple way to identify where to go for the best odds of a given relic needed as the only source for a given part.

lets take meso c1 for nova p neuroptics.

using the data table out there it seems like odds wise its ODD, but hells if i can be sure, both because of the update fiddling and because its a rare relic in most places, even if they list in both b and c rotations like earths dark sector defense. to wit i haven't seen it in the earth dark sector to date.

its turned into a multi hour mess of middlestep farming against rng for a chance to beat rng again, and that middlestep farming feelsbad.

hells if one simply farmed up to craft the darned relic base design into the apropo tier and deal with the rng that way it would feel better.

imagine it. close rng fissures all over for trace, run spy/rescue/surv/exc/def for "relic", use trace to craft relic of given loot table, close fissure of apropro tier with crafted relic for chance at its loot table rng.

as to odd specifically the problem before is the problem that remains. its not the defense is boring. that persists anywhere def exists and is arguably nastier in lower level defenses like earth etc. the issue was the key system to enter derelicts and how the pub enqueue system just won't work with that constraint.

go ahead, hold thine keys and set mm to public and hover over any derelict mission. open squads is and will remain 0 forever, which means the added hassle and non gameplay of trying to form group by hand.

this is why i can find defenses rolling easily in the void but not derelict. taranis in the void usually has around 3 open squads most of the time for example.

I be been telling my friends about the game ,in about a week me and the 8 of them will be playing it. after I carry them to higher level I don't think that would be important ,also nothing is flawless; it fixes some problems on the old system now that's a step foreword wp de . its just enough.

23 hours ago, steelblueskies said:

the last two points are self defeating in the new system.

you will spend at least 15 minutes for a CHANCE at the apropo relic rng'ing out of a surv/def/exc, then add in at least your 5 for the actual fissure run, typically more.

if the relevant relic is only a c rotation anywhere, thats 25 minimum, and if its a rare, you can then expect the relic farm for trace fodder for refinement to push up to between 15*4 and 15*16 for collecting enough lith fodder, then  add 5*4 to 5*16 minutes for running said relic fodder for the relevant trace rng which is hard set between 6 and 30 per run.

further you won't know how much relic fodder you need for enough trace to push one to a radiant until after you run said relics through a few times. so its task divisive. farm relics crack relics check trace sums, repeat until 100 instead of simple farm relics to amount x, crack relics until trace 100, refine desired, crack desired.

worse its rng added on top of rng.

the entire group element truly adds a functional nothing to counter that.

now as to the first point, yay you know the end rng rates. the beginning rng rates become errata obscura. using the data table or anything else at this point and tell me the simple way to identify where to go for the best odds of a given relic needed as the only source for a given part.

lets take meso c1 for nova p neuroptics.

using the data table out there it seems like odds wise its ODD, but hells if i can be sure, both because of the update fiddling and because its a rare relic in most places, even if they list in both b and c rotations like earths dark sector defense. to wit i haven't seen it in the earth dark sector to date.

its turned into a multi hour mess of middlestep farming against rng for a chance to beat rng again, and that middlestep farming feelsbad.

hells if one simply farmed up to craft the darned relic base design into the apropo tier and deal with the rng that way it would feel better.

imagine it. close rng fissures all over for trace, run spy/rescue/surv/exc/def for "relic", use trace to craft relic of given loot table, close fissure of apropro tier with crafted relic for chance at its loot table rng.

as to odd specifically the problem before is the problem that remains. its not the defense is boring. that persists anywhere def exists and is arguably nastier in lower level defenses like earth etc. the issue was the key system to enter derelicts and how the pub enqueue system just won't work with that constraint.

go ahead, hold thine keys and set mm to public and hover over any derelict mission. open squads is and will remain 0 forever, which means the added hassle and non gameplay of trying to form group by hand.

this is why i can find defenses rolling easily in the void but not derelict. taranis in the void usually has around 3 open squads most of the time for example.

Void keys used the same system from my understanding. And we don't expect to get the depth of the game instantly ,as its unhealthy gameplay .if I have or can get everything in the game in a snap of my relic that would be....boring. And if its easy to what difference should there be between a sayrn and the sayrn prime? Some of the systems "flaws" make it the best game ever.

This posting and the answer are more confusing than the game is. i'm a returning player i have my frost prime and all that good stuff. but now thee is a ton of new things and it's all so very confusing. chat seems Chinese to me (i don't speak chinese) and there are not good guides that explain anything without making everything twice as CONFUSING. the new map is all over the place i can't tell the places i'd been back before the map change as apposed to all the places i hadn't been. the newest thing there was the last time i played were the space dogs you can have as your pet. which mine seems to have disappeared.

My break was not wanted. it was forced as i'm military and, have to leave the states for real life pvp when i'm told to. now i'm back and this game has become insane. i love it and would love to play it again i just don't see how it'd be possible unless anyone knows a truly good guide to help a returning player sort out this mess?

thanks,