Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Rush on Phobos (Kepler), more time is needed

k05h

I have been trying to do the rush mission about 30 times. I failed about 75% of those missions. I know there will be people who say it is sooo ez but I could not find one of them in region or recruiting chat. On the contrary, from those people I played with I was always the only one the got to the end of the mission.

I tried Amesha, Odonata P and Itzal with blink. But none would help much. After about 10 times I started to get a feeling for this tileset and got less confused. But it does not really help. Once you fly into sonething, and that happens a lot, you loose a lot of time. 

The tileset is totally messed up. It is so messed up that we do not even need any enemies. The obstacles are more than enough to keep us from reaching the transports at the end. On top of the tileset are the controls that put you upside down from one second to the next. When that happens I totally loose orientation. On top of all these problems comes the new archwing movement with strange deceleration. 

So, please as long as the movement is that terrible, give es more time for the mission. This is not big change in programm code and would not even have to fix the real problem (archwing movement). Add 30 seconds and even with this tileset and with the current movement it would yield a much higher chance of success. 

I've done this mission 2 times since its introduction, before even trying out the new controls. First time I just missed the last ship, second time I got all of them.

Just make sure to be careful in the narrow corridors, slow down when necessary, and remember: Afterburn is not mandatory at all.

It's not you, it's awkward controls. 

Band-aid solutions are not a good idea at this point.

Archwing needs major rework of movement and 3D mini map. 

Kind of funny how community pretty much agrees what must be done for months and it's getting worse, modding and leveling this mode is such a chore...

I tried kepler rush today.  Apparently I'm supposed to complete an AW trench run in 2 minutes piloting a boulder.

Not sure if I didn't see the goal, or if it was really just that far away but I failed this low level mission with my souped up AW.

Something tells me the level generator is putting in waay too many tiles.  If you doubled the timer I'd have still failed.

• 2 months later...

the real problem is that they changed the old arch-wing movement sistem (wich was exactly the same than foot missions withou gravity). to a 3d movement sistem but they didnt touch any of the old maps to suit the new movement stile. and if you add to that the 2d totally unnaccurate and even more desorrienting minimap (seriously i challenge you to equip a loot detector on your frame and try to find a cache only looking at your mini-map, its impossible).

people just don't know how to fly it. speed isn't that necessary. the main thing you wanna focus on with this whole movement change, especially in the trench runs, is that you have to know when to move, sprint and afterburn. that's just get good

some people like me finish this with 30-60 sec still on the timer, some don't finish it at all. personally I failed my 1st try too. I was still too noob with the new controls. now I can just breeze it 

like I said, if YOU can't do it, then it's not the game's fault, it's perfectly do-able. no need for more fancy movements or minimaps. I'd be more than happy to show you how it's done too

8 hours ago, brokentool said:

I was just able to beat it with the Odonata (first/default wings, lvl 20 with mods for shield, health and some armor)

after about 15 tries     (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

one of them got away, just barely

few pieces of advice from a new Tenno (mr 5):

• don't bother with anything except the mines
  • shoot the mines  while rushing them, however if you feel like you're gonna get into the mine's field, stop, destroy, and take flight
  • try to check your minimap in the more open areas, as the waypoint marker can sometimes be your worst enemy in this mission
  • use short but frequent bursts of the afterburner for more control
  • I did not use energy at all on the way, in the end fired a volley of missiles at the shield drones, protecting the transports

• 1 month later...

Diggin' out this "old" thread. I just failed that mission 20x, tried it solo, tried it public with other players and nothing worked. I just don't wanna say, that every mission has to be easy, but that Kepler mission ist more than hard. Of course, SOMETIME I will complete that mission, but I don't think, that the developer's idea is to frusttrate players with that horrible hard missions. 30 more seconds should be enough, to make it "still" a hard mission.

I just failed that mission yet.

Edited by Penguin_at_work

• 3 weeks later...

I think the proper balance would be to give more time before the final transport leaves, but keep it so that the earlier transports leave at the current times.  That way, at least people new to the game (as has been discussed in these Rush threads before) with no gear can still complete the stage, but with only minimal rewards.  That makes the "get all 3 transports" still a difficult thing to accomplish for players who want the challenge....and aren't completely raging over how frustrated they are with the whole stage.

On 12/18/2016 at 6:24 AM, Teraryn said:

I think the proper balance would be to give more time before the final transport leaves, but keep it so that the earlier transports leave at the current times.  That way, at least people new to the game (as has been discussed in these Rush threads before) with no gear can still complete the stage, but with only minimal rewards.  That makes the "get all 3 transports" still a difficult thing to accomplish for players who want the challenge....and aren't completely raging over how frustrated they are with the whole stage.

You can finish the Rush missions well in time without any gear at all, we discussed this in another recent thread where someone even posted a video showing it and I tried it myself without any mods with well over a minute to spare:

I've just made it to this area in the game, and some of the Archwing missions are okay. Out in open space.. defense type deals. I can deal with that.

But this Kepler mission is making me so angry... that I'm turning a shade of red while playing, also my poor dogs ears turned red I was cursing so bad.

Not enough time. Too many mines. I just fly past the normal enemies.. smack into some object normally.. this map is so cluttered, that you don't even need the stasis mines, which really add insult to injury.

I tried doing like some suggest below you. And that's 'choice use' of speed boost.. but the controls kind of suck.... because I have to toggle it on and off.. then the camera plays the game "Sea sick" with me... flip around and dances and does everything else. If it were a person I'd punch it in the face and tell it to calm the heck down.

I don't personally know how this mission got past.. there quality team, if they have one (I guess they don't-is the joke). I mean. .. I'd straight up delete this mission and everything associated with it from the game, if I were in charge. THAT'S HOW MUCH, I've grown to despise this ONE MISSION. that looks like it has two missions I won't be able to do if I don't get past it.

I tried quitting and giving myself some time to calm down.. let the controls sink in better.. but at this point and coming back to the game, I don't think its me, I think its just the mission itself.

For my first post this may seem a bit bad but really passionate about games I like. Even if that passion in this case is red hot rage. 

People who say it's easy apparently don't run into walls and don't get lost.

That's entirely the difficult part of this mission.  Gear never had anything to do with it.

I did okay with archwing control before the new movement system added a ton of momentum.  Now I run into everything and I have a really hard time having to back up, rotate down, fly down, rotate up, fly forward... only to repeat that just about every tile.

If the controls were more Strike Suit Zero, or even just less flying boulder, I'd be fine.

Saying 'this mission is easy' is like saying Mercury is easy when you have end-game gear. Once you've mastered the flight model there's nothing difficult about the mission and there shouldn't be anything difficult about it.  If this was the hardest of several 'rush' missions I could understand it requiring mastery, as it stands it's just frustrating.

The video points out how 'hard' this mission is - getting all three transports is worth a Lith relic. That's a pretty low level reward, so this should have a pretty low level of challenge.

Edited by Phezzan

• 3 weeks later...

The entire way the archwing missions are presented to the player makes it seem as though they want us to HATE archwing.  The very first mission, when you are trying to orient yourself to the change in play environment and abilities, they send missiles at you before the deflection flare is unlocked, you can't really tell where they are coming from so the advice to find cover doesn't help, and you probably get killed 2 or 3 times without even understanding why.

And then you get to Kepler.    First time exploring the ship interior, no idea where to go or how to follow the objective markers in the archwing environment, and there's a very unforgiving time limit.   Many people decide they can do without archwing missions at that point, which is too bad.  The open space missions are simple enough, and I really enjoy the jupiter sabotage mission now that I kind of know that tileset, but the Rush and courier Pursuit missions either need to be reworked, or need some better "fun mission" stepping stones before the player slams into repeated failure with those timed scenarios.  I feel like DE really needs to put some better training wheels on the archwing so that new players aren't soured on the thing right from the start.

• 3 weeks later...

'Oh for fcks sake this quest is too fck difficult man! I finished it once...

By going multiplayer and having the other guy carry me, I mean wtf is this.The controls are too awkward. I want to go down in air space, and it seems that the only way to do that is to do a circle maneuver and try to "dive". Like whaaat the blue mine thingies doesn't help either. The quest guy is also too fckn cocky "ohh you're too slow" *Throws my S#&$ to the wall* I am angry X__X

• 3 weeks later...

I got carried. By myself, I never even made it halfway before time ran out; the only time I've actually seen what the transports look like is when I watched a video of it. I lucked into a group with someone who could do it, and they finished it while I was still slamming into everything 1/3 of the way through the mission. 

I mentioned this in another thread, but I also wonder if there isn't a pretty sharp increase in difficulty - or at least the possibility of precision steering - when playing on console. We have a less-precise directional control compared to using a mouse. The video I watched of someone completing it without mods or anything was clearly on PC, because the player's ability to adjust their aim and direction was crisp and nearly instant - on a console controller, it doesn't seem anywhere near that precise (your point of aim floats and drifts, and corrects much more slowly). 

I managed to complete it a few days ago. You only need to destroy one of the ships.

Also, don't destroy the mines unless you can do enough damage and have enough accuracy to hit then at top speed, just try to avoid them while holding Shift-Space.

Is it doable? Yes. Is it realistically possible to new players (keep in mind, it's on Phobos)? Nope.

I ran it a couple times a few days ago to scan the Gox and the Transports, and I, with my JV-ready Amesha and Fluctus and quite a bit of Archwing flight hours logged, did it with about 1 minute left on average with some minor bumps along the way. I don't think it's really feasible for new players who have only recently obtained their Archwing to complete it on time.

It should either be kicked upstairs to a higher-level planet (like Jupiter, exchanging with the Sabotage), or have its time limit increased to accommodate the (very) new players that are actually going to run it.

Edited by Mattoropael