Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: Now a Tetralogy!

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, WEREsandrock said:

Is....is this the replacement for our good old hype-threads?

Well.... TWW this week - yay or nay?

The community has gotten pretty jaded at this point between delays and excessive expectations. 

Unfortunately given the hype site's war within segment is still a lock icon my guess is not this week.

Just now, Irorone said:

The community has gotten pretty jaded at this point between delays and excessive expectations. 

Unfortunately given the hype site's war within segment is still a lock icon my guess is not this week.

Someone on another thread wrote that in last week's episode of prime time they stated that it wouldn't come this week.... :(

I'll try not to write something negative but.... it looks like they've overestemated themselfes.

Teasing something 6 months before it actually arrives can't be good - You can see what effect it has on the community.

Or.... this is a new kind of marketing strategy I haven't heard of yet.

Just now, WEREsandrock said:

Someone on another thread wrote that in last week's episode of prime time they stated that it wouldn't come this week.... :(

I'll try not to write something negative but.... it looks like they've overestemated themselfes.

Teasing something 6 months before it actually arrives can't be good - You can see what effect it has on the community.

Or.... this is a new kind of marketing strategy I haven't heard of yet.

Building hype, or for analogical terms appetite, is alright but if you don't give us a considerable set of content in the way of events or items the community quite literally starves or burns out as I see is the more common term.

They have tried to lessen that to an extent with the darvo bust thing but when you tease things MONTHS in advance you need a constant stream of other things to keep the community occupied lest they either find another game, quit for a bit (or a year+ as I've seen in some cases), or just give up on the game entirely from Molyneaux syndrome.

It's been going downhill for months for me at least. The first part of U19, of all things, being Lunaro, the Void gone with SotR, credit rewards getting nerfed, endo that removed that bit of complexity there was and replaced different cores with bland currency, with mods still taking as much endo and credits to max out, glyph system that was supposed to act like sprays, but got limited to using a bunch of in-game glyphs only and restricting to use one picture both as your avatar and the glyph (why invent a bicycle and fail to do so? wouldn't uploading sprays for plat like clan logos work?), another artificially prolonged short quest, a month long event(?) with a catalyst discount in the end and that travesty of a tactical alert with a forma blueprint as the grand reward. Also, Baro bringing only cosmetics of that band-aid design, players getting punished for playing updates right away with lost relics and sold apothic bps, bugs and bugs and more bugs. I mean, it's been disappointment after disappointment.

I just wish the devs stopped being all "yeah yeah yeah so much stuff is going to be released and it's right around the corner and the war within is going to be grand HYPE on :)" and instead spent the time on actually fulfilling their promises. Giving a proper release date for once. Announcing the update in April and delaying it to late September at the absolute best is not the way.

'"Each successive week shall reveal new elements of this major Update". Right. Nice one. They haven't even bothered changing it.

49 minutes ago, Ghost_Yo said:

It's been going downhill for months for me at least. The first part of U19, of all things, being Lunaro, the Void gone with SotR, credit rewards getting nerfed, endo that removed that bit of complexity there was and replaced different cores with bland currency, with mods still taking as much endo and credits to max out, glyph system that was supposed to act like sprays, but got limited to using a bunch of in-game glyphs only and restricting to use one picture both as your avatar and the glyph (why invent a bicycle and fail to do so? wouldn't uploading sprays for plat like clan logos work?), another artificially prolonged short quest, a month long event(?) with a catalyst discount in the end and that travesty of a tactical alert with a forma blueprint as the grand reward. Also, Baro bringing only cosmetics of that band-aid design, players getting punished for playing updates right away with lost relics and sold apothic bps, bugs and bugs and more bugs. I mean, it's been disappointment after disappointment.

I just wish the devs stopped being all "yeah yeah yeah so much stuff is going to be released and it's right around the corner and the war within is going to be grand HYPE on :)" and instead spent the time on actually fulfilling their promises. Giving a proper release date for once. Announcing the update in April and delaying it to late September at the absolute best is not the way.

'"Each successive week shall reveal new elements of this major Update". Right. Nice one. They haven't even bothered changing it.

Maybe they have some kind of another concept of time?

1 hour ago, FollowTheFaceless said:

Maybe they have some kind of another concept of time?

"People don't understand time. It's not the way you think it is. [...] People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff."

Y'all don't get it, let me explain why this is the way it is.

Players and DE have different definitions of "soon", while everyone is likely going by the common dictionary definition of soon, which reads as :

Simple Definition of soon

• : at a time that is not long from now

• : in a short time after something happens

• : in a quick way

DE is going by the standard developer version of soon, also known as blizzard soon.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Soon

By this* point, the Solar System has been swept desert dry of Grineer, Corpus, Infested and Sentient oppression and leadership.

There were no survivors, save for the Syndicates and Tenno.

Then, the Tenno decided to go back to sleep. They wait for the War Within to occur.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
*...Being Christmas, 2016. Now with the Console updates out of the way, surely DE will be entirely devoted to the Augu... It's September. Please, we are running out of enemies to kill and hostages to save!