Jump to content
[DE]Megan

The War Within: Now a Tetralogy!

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, Myscho said:

So War within is not coming in September

they said they're not sure.  If not september, then incredibly soon after.  don't be overly dramatic about it lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we're not getting squat this month at least. Let's just laugh it off with the devs again. It's not like anyone actually expects a thing to be released when it's said to be released. Whatever.

...And they're right off to giving out another ETA. Keeping the attention around a thing that gets delayed month after month to keep people hyped and playing, it just gets cheap.

Looking forward to a quest for so long to spend a couple hours on it and move on to another 10 months of waiting. The whole update isn't going to be much either judging by the amount of content stripped off it so far. What else we got? Tweaked syndicate capture/rescue missions? Treasure system like the one in RE4 that's just trinkets to be sold? All this months long salt and tons of delays won't be worth it no matter how good the quest is, I'm afraid. It's just too late and too many failed expectations for it to ever be good enough for me at least.

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am assuming that DE doesn't understand how much wrong they are doing. It was delayed 3 months ago, then it was delayed 1 month ago and now it is delayed again. 

You have probably made 0 progress on the update and you don't want to say it. At least be honest say that we will not get the update until the end of the year 

 

 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16.09.2016 at 11:16 AM, FollowTheFaceless said:

endgame content = fashionframe

PicardFacepalm.gif

Its better than giving veterans even better weapons than we have now. If there is exclusive X item that is rewarded only for Y mission, I will do mission Y to get item X. So far we have "hard" missions that reward us things that we already have. I'd do hard raid just to get profile icon, anything! When I do a hard mission, I want something that is worth doing said mission, if I'll just get another gun part that is worth 10 plat on trading chat, Im not going to bother. It doesn't need to be OP gun, it just needs to be something that I can't get in any other way

Edited by markus230
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm I can't say I really care about another cinematic quest, but I agree that's one strangest way to kill hype by developers I've seen. I mean, if they just didn't say anything about release date or about this quest at all I doubt many players would ask for another quest. But for some reason they got everyone's hopes up and just split it (which isn't bad, but really boring after such hype) and put big part on constant delay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With what Steve said on Devstream, I can say: We are NOT getting TWW in September. Because DE just LOVES to delay epic things. Remember, Reb said once: "It's coming in July".  And... What did we get? Exactly, no TWW. I feel bad for console Tenno, they'll get their hands on TWW even later, than us. 

 

~Peace

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Niksyn_ZHECTb said:

With what Steve said on Devstream, I can say: We are NOT getting TWW in September. Because DE just LOVES to delay epic things. Remember, Reb said once: "It's coming in July".  And... What did we get? Exactly, no TWW. I feel bad for console Tenno, they'll get their hands on TWW even later, than us. 

 

~Peace

With that logic we would never get TWW because it would be delayed every month and be stuck in a endless loop of delay 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

With that logic we would never get TWW because it would be delayed every month and be stuck in a endless loop of delay 

When the devs said that they are pushing for this month, but if not "it will be soon", I always assumed that it would not come out this month, but in early to mid October. I think even the devs know that players are in a limbo between being hyped for the quest and being bored by the long wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17.09.2016 at 4:06 PM, markus230 said:

Its better than giving veterans even better weapons than we have now. If there is exclusive X item that is rewarded only for Y mission, I will do mission Y to get item X. So far we have "hard" missions that reward us things that we already have. I'd do hard raid just to get profile icon, anything! When I do a hard mission, I want something that is worth doing said mission, if I'll just get another gun part that is worth 10 plat on trading chat, Im not going to bother. It doesn't need to be OP gun, it just needs to be something that I can't get in any other way

Do not mistake the endgame content with exclusive "managed-to-get" one.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only sane player that ISN'T whining about the delay? Have you guys not know how LONG this kind of stuff takes? Story boarding, scripts (which they made seven until they got the final one) and so on? I mean, remember waiting for the two part DLC for Bioshock Infinite's Burial at Sea? THIS IS MUCH LIKE THIS.

They miscalculated the release with due how busy they will be with this and along with making new gear/skins/weapons/updates/fixes so be like me when it comes to stuff like this: play other games, write or draw stuff and wait it out.

Edited by (PS4)Agent-Sarah
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent-Sarah said:

Am I the only sane player that ISN'T whining about the delay?

[...] play other games, write or draw stuff and wait it out.

Well, you won't hear from players who are already doing this, will you. At this point my interest in Warframe has plummeted so far, I probably won't play TWW right at release but wait for the first hotfix or two. (Getting Skyrim with all DLCs ridiculously cheap in the Humble Bundle sale didn't help either - now my PC might burn down before TWW comes ...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

Well, you won't hear from players who are already doing this, will you. At this point my interest in Warframe has plummeted so far, I probably won't play TWW right at release but wait for the first hotfix or two. (Getting Skyrim with all DLCs ridiculously cheap in the Humble Bundle sale didn't help either - now my PC might burn down before TWW comes ...)

And I also have a couple of PS3/PS4 games I haven't played yet (been collecting dust for a while) so those will keep me VERY busy until the new quest will be out for PC and game systems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They even stoped releasing fixes like before, and oh the game is full with tons and tons of gliches 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Fugana said:

They even stoped releasing fixes like before, and oh the game is full with tons and tons of gliches 

Dude. There doesn't need to pattern with the hotfixes. Just because they haven't done a hotfix in a while doesn't mean they've stopped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 8:47 PM, (PS4)Agent-Sarah said:

Am I the only sane player that ISN'T whining about the delay? Have you guys not know how LONG this kind of stuff takes? Story boarding, scripts (which they made seven until they got the final one) and so on? I mean, remember waiting for the two part DLC for Bioshock Infinite's Burial at Sea? THIS IS MUCH LIKE THIS.

They miscalculated the release with due how busy they will be with this and along with making new gear/skins/weapons/updates/fixes so be like me when it comes to stuff like this: play other games, write or draw stuff and wait it out.

You're not alone.  While I'll admit that I'd like to see the update sooner rather than later, I'm not whining over them delaying.  To me, there is still so much to do without TWW.  I still have quests like The New Strange, Limbo Theorem, Hidden Messages, Sands of Inaros, etc.  I also have loads of frames and weapons to max out, and don't even get me started on formaing my arsenal.  And this is all stuff I can do while waiting on TWW that's in Warframe! I also have stuff to do IRL, and I have games like CSGO and Insurgency to play with some buddies. So, to all of the people complaining about the delays, there's more stuff out there than you realize.  I'd like to see one person reply to this who has maxed out every frame, completed every quest, maxed out every weapon, formaed every frame and weapon to their liking, and maxed out every aspect of the Focus system.  If one person can honestly say that they've done this, with screenshots, I'll be impressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, IcyLeviathan said:

You're not alone.  While I'll admit that I'd like to see the update sooner rather than later, I'm not whining over them delaying.  To me, there is still so much to do without TWW.  I still have quests like The New Strange, Limbo Theorem, Hidden Messages, Sands of Inaros, etc.  I also have loads of frames and weapons to max out, and don't even get me started on formaing my arsenal.  And this is all stuff I can do while waiting on TWW that's in Warframe! I also have stuff to do IRL, and I have games like CSGO and Insurgency to play with some buddies. So, to all of the people complaining about the delays, there's more stuff out there than you realize.  I'd like to see one person reply to this who has maxed out every frame, completed every quest, maxed out every weapon, formaed every frame and weapon to their liking, and maxed out every aspect of the Focus system.  If one person can honestly say that they've done this, with screenshots, I'll be impressed.

Imagine what the game would be like once you've done all of that though. Damn. Once TWW is released they should give us there thoughts on repeatable quests. TBH though that's probably why they're so ready to delay stuff to improve it because there's always something to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, IcyLeviathan said:

You're not alone.  While I'll admit that I'd like to see the update sooner rather than later, I'm not whining over them delaying.  To me, there is still so much to do without TWW.  I still have quests like The New Strange, Limbo Theorem, Hidden Messages, Sands of Inaros, etc.  I also have loads of frames and weapons to max out, and don't even get me started on formaing my arsenal.  And this is all stuff I can do while waiting on TWW that's in Warframe! I also have stuff to do IRL, and I have games like CSGO and Insurgency to play with some buddies. So, to all of the people complaining about the delays, there's more stuff out there than you realize.  I'd like to see one person reply to this who has maxed out every frame, completed every quest, maxed out every weapon, formaed every frame and weapon to their liking, and maxed out every aspect of the Focus system.  If one person can honestly say that they've done this, with screenshots, I'll be impressed.

Literally impossible to have maxed out every aspect of the Focus system, IIRC someone worked out it would take over a year of farming the 100k focus points daily. It hasn't even been 300 days yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

Literally impossible to have maxed out every aspect of the Focus system, IIRC someone worked out it would take over a year of farming the 100k focus points daily. It hasn't even been 300 days yet.

That's just proof that there's always something to do. So when people say the vets have no content they're wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

That's just proof that there's always something to do. So when people say the vets have no content they're wrong.

I wouldn't consider it worthwhile content. Most of focus is so underwhelming that it has almost no impact on the actual game in the majority of situations.

Yes, an ability means that petrified enemies lose 10% of their armour for 15 seconds. Shame that the ability itself lasts for 10 seconds meaning that the first enemy I hit only has 5 seconds of reduced armour and it has a 6+ minute cooldown, less time than the average mission in Warframe takes.

So when a Vet says there's no content, what they mean is there's no content worth playing that's better than what another game can give them. I'm not going to spend several days of grinding to rank up that^ ability when I can play something more rewarding.

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I wouldn't consider it worthwhile content. Most of focus is so underwhelming that it has almost no impact on the actual game in the majority of situations.

Yes, an ability means that petrified enemies lose 10% of their armour for 15 seconds. Shame that the ability itself lasts for 10 seconds meaning that the first enemy I hit only has 5 seconds of reduced armour and it has a 6+ minute cooldown, less time than the average mission in Warframe takes.

So when a Vet says there's no content, what they mean is there's no content worth playing that's better than what another game can give them. I'm not going to spend several days of grinding to rank up that^ ability when I can play something more rewarding.

I congragulate you on being civil while making your point. That doesn't happen often. Most of the time people are instantly triggered when I share my opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

I congragulate you on being civil while making your point. That doesn't happen often. Most of the time people are instantly triggered when I share my opinion

Sorry.

HOW DARE YOU HAVE A DIFFERING OPINION!

Fixed?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Megan! I think I have a theory about the War With. I may be a bit late or even wrong, but I think that your Tenno (Operator/human) will be able to walk around now. I heard in the region chat that the War Within quest was going to be like the next Second Dream, with gameplay changes and everything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...