[DE]Megan

The War Within: Now a Tetralogy!

10 minutes ago, WarIsaac2.0 said:

Why does it say I'm an Initiate when I'm clearly higher than that in game?

Because it only takes forum activity into account, not your prestige ingame.

While I must admit that I am also getting impatient due to the fact I am only human, I'm by no means getting upset and I do not believe we are being wronged in any way. The people who believe they are undoubtedly don't know how development works or how many complications can come up, speaking from experience as a developer.  Granted, the applications I develop are for the internal use of a company and not for customers, but there are still people who want me to get it done. Thing is, those people don't get nearly as upset over delays since they are also developers and understand the work involved.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, XenoAlbedo said:

While I must admit that I am also getting impatient due to the fact I am only human, I'm by no means getting upset and I do not believe we are being wronged in any way. The people who believe they are undoubtedly don't know how development works or how many complications can come up, speaking from experience as a developer.  Granted, the applications I develop are for the internal use of a company and not for customers, but there are still people who want me to get it done. Thing is, those people don't get nearly as upset over delays since they are also developers and understand the work involved.

Personally, I can sense that DE's had a sort of 'un-relaxed feeling while sat' and needed to get up and walk about (via the big visits to places), which then caused a bit of a knock-on effect with their plans. 

And thanks to the new update (which I'm glad for), there's a new thing we can decorate our orbiter Interior with (though it'd be nice to use the Stars separately).

Though I just had an idea now, I'll leave it here:

The option to place unused Warframes around the Orbiter in Meditate, Knee Bend, Kneel or Sit animations. They wouldn't be there when being used, but when swapping out, they'd disappear from their spot. This would add a sense of homeliness to the Orbiter, and a sort of 'family feel' to the Warframes you, the Tenno, helped make.

• Upvote 2

you have to think for us, why you keep delaying everything, TWW delayed 3 months and you guys still have the next cinematic quest about Umbra Excalibur to do, so more [DE]layed ? 2017 for UMBRA QUEST ? 

Just make sure DE is Digital Extremes not for [DE]layed.......

• Upvote 2

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 5:24 AM, XideBeast said:

you have to think for us, why you keep delaying everything, TWW delayed 3 months and you guys still have the next cinematic quest about Umbra Excalibur to do, so more [DE]layed ? 2017 for UMBRA QUEST ? 

Just make sure DE is Digital Extremes not for [DE]layed.......

OK they shouldn't have set a date and THEN delayed it because it created hype but they're taking their time with it because there's so much content (and other games) to keep us busy. I don't like it when people use the "I'm playing another game" quote as a way to say "Hey DE! You're taking too long so I'm bored of Warframe so I'm gonna play something else. It's unlikely that I'll ever return!"

• Upvote 1

So is everyone else. And you know what? When TWW is released, I'll come running right back to play. I'd rather do that than get annoyed about a delay that to be fair was always going to happen considering the ambition of the update.

As many of us.

Warframe had up to 33.000 concurrent players on stream a few month ago. Now there are about 26.000. The massive loosening of players started more or less with the nerf orgy and went on with new game mechanics. Even when you call it balancing its still a nerf which affects my with much effort formed Warframes and weapons. THe implementation of Lunaro was totally ineffective. The total lost of endgame is another thing. I personally think that there is a massive priority problem. When DE would concentrate on the right thing TWW would be in time. 

• Upvote 1

Warframe is loosing players by the day. If it takes this long to do something like The war Within then I say it ain't worth it. They're putting in less and less thought into the stuff that matters to the game (weapons, missions, etc.) and working on only on the stuff that'll make them look better like shiny story lines and alternate game modes. Lunaro was a flop and archwing was also a flop (at least it still is for console). The Syndicate Melee was an "ok" addition, but doesn't match the primaries or secondaries by a long shot. I know you guys are working really hard on the War Within and I suspect to be satisfied with the results, but you've taken too much of a hit with this constant trend of disappointment to make it worth while. A 4 year old game with only two raids (One of them is ridiculously easy), no endgame content, a bunch of crappy underused weapons with a few good ones and a whole lot of farming. I'm sorry but that doesn't sound right. Farming in warframe is not fun, but it's the only thing to do now.

Continue working on the war within. Finish it up and keep us updated, but afterwards.....STOP. Get back to what warframe is about. We need new raids and mission types because the only mission types that are worth playing as of yet are survival, interception, and defense. What this game needs desperately is an easier farming method. Other games allow you to buy resources with in game currency, but warframe requires you to either farm in mission for weeks or buy with real money. These issues need to be fixed, not the lore of the game.

• Upvote 4

On 24/09/2016 at 6:31 AM, (PS4)Doctor-Blitz- said:

The massive loosening of players started more or less with the nerf orgy 

Sorry to contradict you, but since the Nerfs I enjoyed the game a little more.
I'm not playing actually cause' there's nothing else to do and cause' WF didn't fix its basic problems: 

1) Challenge, Difficulty. Artificial difficulty, Enemy Scaling, Enemy AI and fight strategies. Spamming Immortality, CC or Invisibility, oneshots, Modding for damage, 

2) Most Missions are boring, not dynamic. No strategy or brain usage. Gun and Run.

3) Combat: it's spammy and doesn't involve brain usage. It has no Flow.

4) Mod system isn't refined as it should, it just offers the illusion of variety.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed inappropriate remark
  • Upvote 1

"Have we not waited enough?"~

Is what all of the self proclaimed optimists see when we talk about the lack of end game content/or the lack of paying attention to the needs of the playerbase, as if the "pessimist" players are saying that they deserve the udpates/content to a game that is free and that we shouldn't feel like DE owes us anything. I just ADORE the people that respond to us in kind with "No one is making you play this game, it's free isn't it?". Playing the game itself and investing your time and (possibly) money into it gives us the right to an opinion on the matter.

That said, I believe Warframe has lost my fancy with their tactics in releasing/updating their game. Want a list? Here you go:

• TWW was supposed to be split in 3 parts, after basically being delayed once. The content being split/worked on seperately, adhering to the quote "Less wait, More Content". and in the end, Lunaro was a fail that players hardly enjoy, a maxed Titania is relatively useless (compared to other frames) when farming, which is what 95% of what this game is, and only useful against certain boss farming from experience. The first batches of content were just flops, in their own rights.
  •  The third part was given a longer release date. First was supposed to be August, then in September, then we're told "We're not sure". With this move, it seems like the content wasn't going to be ready when they originally split it, or because that particular portion wasnt what they're wanting it to be. All of their deadlines and responses to questions about the matter were "Soon", "Later this month", "Yada Yada Yada".
  • There is no end game content that is worth sticking around for, and yet they are concentrating on a story quest that will have 0 requirements to start besides having Second Dream finished and maybe a location or two unlocked. This shows their intention for adding maybe early to mid game content, meanwhile all the vets are sitting on their asses or have just completely quit. 

My point? Don't jerk around your playerbase. You want to know what release or even estimation dates are for? They are for letting your playerbase know when new content is going to GO LIVE, not BE FINISHED.  Release dates are something you give when you want to assure that content is clean enough to roll out, not tease your fans with for months at a time and then NOT deliver on said content. If anything it's just something that's getting your players to stick around while you struggle with something you shouldn't have put a date on. It just shows how much your word means to the players, who, due to ridiculous and unbalanced economic/item farming/rarity management, are expected to keep doing things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, until you you deem us filthy FTP gamers worthy of such a gracious update that probably will give us a few more hours worth of game time and then we'll repeat the cycle again 8-12 months later.

Whatever.

• Upvote 12

1bfse2.jpg

I don't want to criticize but we're waiting since July, DE don't say lies to your players that care so much about the game (even if it's 95% grinding). Veteran players have literally nothing to do right now and when a new content is release the process is Catalyst/Reactor > Forma until good build > Done, now you can be bored again > repeat until new content is released.

We need an huge change and something for veteran players too, not just for new players (by the way tutorials on about almost everything need to be a thing). Please DE, don't let Warframe die like this

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Ylantron said:

1bfse2.jpg

I don't want to criticize but we're waiting since July, DE don't say lies to your players that care so much about the game (even if it's 95% grinding). Veteran players have literally nothing to do right now and when a new content is release the process is Catalyst/Reactor > Forma until good build > Done, now you can be bored again > repeat until new content is released.

We need an huge change and something for veteran players too, not just for new players (by the way tutorials on about almost everything need to be a thing). Please DE, don't let Warframe die like this

This. I've made many topics on everything you've said.

The thing that gets on my nerves is not so much the initial waiting (as I can just play something else, which is a whole other issue for DE within itself, but that's beside the point) but rather when it finally gets to deploy day, and they say "HEY GUYS UPDATE TODAY", and then we're stuck here with our thumbs in our sphincters waiting for them to say "Still ironing out some bugs; It's in the oven; Looks like we got more bugs" All the way until like 5 am EST and then they're like, we're just gonna release it tomorrow so that we have fresh heads :)

Then you got those white knights saying "Go take your time DE, you deserve some rest, I'm gonna give you guys 400 dollars when it comes out because why not! I haven't been waiting nearly a year or anything." and I'm just like---- if you knew it was gonna be some bugs that were going to take you guys the entire day and then some, or my bad, 10 months, then why did you even say it's coming today? They do this every time there's a big update. It's like they don't bug test until deploy day lol

• Upvote 14

If I don't see the goddamn tooth fairy and umbra in the war within quest, I am pissed at how long it took them. You cannot keep polishing and fixing an unfinished game and generating new content at the same time and keep up the pace. Make it work, pick one thing at a time. We want new stuff but not like this.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, kasalaba said:

If I don't see the goddamn tooth fairy and umbra in the war within quest, I am pissed at how long it took them. You cannot keep polishing and fixing an unfinished game and generating new content at the same time and keep up the pace. Make it work, pick one thing at a time. We want new stuff but not like this.

Tooth fairy is out? And Umbra is stated to be in U20.

You may pull your hair off.

• Upvote 1

On 16/09/2016 at 2:42 AM, Sebith said:

By "endgame content" i understand things to do for veterans with exclusive rewards that cannot be traded or purchased by any means. Rewards like syandanas, warframe/weapons skins, emblems, sigils. Something we veterans can earn and be proud of wearing it. When someone see that syandana he will think "that guy did that particular thing/mission/quest/challenge" When new player will go on wiki to look for that item he will read "this item is a reward for this or that and MR of 20 is requirement" it's just an example. The point is veterans need some love and need to feel special.

+1 yes i agree on this on soo many levels and, we also don't need early promises, it hurts us even more when it get delayed more :(

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Ylantron said:

1bfse2.jpg

That's what they're doing. Don't forget that this is a cinematic quest with GOOD graphics might I add. These things take a while. Yeah we've been waiting for a while but the reason there hasn't been an update is because if they just focus on the weapons and frames it will be like you said. It will get boring after the second update if it's like that. When it eventually is released and we play TWW and find lore to dissect and start theorising they need to not set a release date until the update is ready and it's gone past cert.

So when do we get TWW quests?  The spoiler 2 video looked vicious, Teshin attacks us!?  Ohh damn, guess hes salty about PVErs to eh? 

12 minutes ago, KnightCole said:

So when do we get TWW quests?  The spoiler 2 video looked vicious, Teshin attacks us!?  Ohh damn, guess hes salty about PVErs to eh? 

One day in near future