Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: Now a Tetralogy!

[DE]Megan

I've almost given up on waiting for this quest. Its just taken WAY too long. this is exactly like half life 3, valve kept on saying "don't worry we're working on it" over and over and over and over again , I'm questioning whether or not DE is actually working on the war within and they haven't already given up. I understand they needed more time to make the quest better but this is borderline absurdity. I'm tired of speculating about what's happening in this quest, it was fun theorizing at first but now I'M SICK OF IT!!!! aside from the second dream (which was a pretty short quest) ALL WE EVER GET IS A BUNCH OF VAGUE CODEX PAGES !!!! I really want this game to be sucessful I really do but DE is squandering this game's amazing potential. I know there's an amazing story to be told behind all the farming and the grinding and all the basic gameplay elements that I really want to see. A lot of major content creators who have been playing this game since closed beta have started to give up on it. If this trend continues warframe may start to die out, it breaks my heart to say that but soon warframe may just be a memory. and I'll sit there thinking about the game that could've been
Show less

4 hours ago, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

That's what they're doing. Don't forget that this is a cinematic quest with GOOD graphics might I add. These things take a while. Yeah we've been waiting for a while but the reason there hasn't been an update is because if they just focus on the weapons and frames it will be like you said. It will get boring after the second update if it's like that. When it eventually is released and we play TWW and find lore to dissect and start theorising they need to not set a release date until the update is ready and it's gone past cert.

men, you're playing for almost one year, can we discuss again after another year? because I'm playing for two years and If I say something negative it's because I love this game and I care so much, so if DE isn't sure about the release date then DE shouldn't write a date that they can't respect or don't write it at all. All veterans are quitting or semi-quitting warframe for the same reasons I wrote previously, just talk to them or hear them. I'm not saying "DE do not release new contents, fix all bugs instead", new contents are always welcome but due to the many bugs in Warframe, bugs fixes in my opinion is even more welcome. And I'm nearly giving up on TWW because I think that we're waiting for far too long and the quest will be cool with no doubt but after finishing that we can return to the old boring grinding game. If we pick Focus introducted in U18, yes it changed a little the gameplay, but farm focus point, max all abilities and that's it, same gameplay with just another ability after 2-3 mins

12 minutes ago, Ylantron said:

men, you're playing for almost one year, can we discuss again after another year? because I'm playing for two years and If I say something negative it's because I love this game and I care so much, so if DE isn't sure about the release date then DE shouldn't write a date that they can't respect or don't write it at all. All veterans are quitting or semi-quitting warframe for the same reasons I wrote previously, just talk to them or hear them. I'm not saying "DE do not release new contents, fix all bugs instead", new contents are always welcome but due to the many bugs in Warframe, bugs fixes in my opinion is even more welcome. And I'm nearly giving up on TWW because I think that we're waiting for far too long and the quest will be cool with no doubt but after finishing that we can return to the old boring grinding game. If we pick Focus introducted in U18, yes it changed a little the gameplay, but farm focus point, max all abilities and that's it, same gameplay with just another ability after 2-3 mins

My point was that DE messed up in one way. They set a release date when they weren't sure whether it would be ready or not and had to delay it. IMO they shouldn't set a release date until all of the content in the update is there and altleast about 70% of bugs have been fixed. They should polish it after the update.

P.S. I've been playing the game for about two yrs but made my forumn account after about one. I started Warframe about two months before stamina was taken out

6 minutes ago, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

IMO they shouldn't set a release date until all of the content in the update is there and altleast about 70% of bugs have been fixed. They should polish it after the update.

I'm really hoping that, and I'm really hoping that TWW will really change the gameplay style for refreshing the interest of advanced players

2 hours ago, XenoAlbedo said:

Man, do I love this player base. 

"DE, fix all the bugs instead of dishing out more content!"

"DE, we want more content!"

"DE, make more end game content instead of story quests!"

"Where are our quests, DE?"

You're saying that as if the player base is made up by a single petulant stroppy child.

We as a community have many different opinions, different voices and different wants. Of course we're going to call for different things.

Edited by DeMonkey

46 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

You're say that as if the player base is made up by a single petulant stroppy child.

We as a community have many different opinions, different voices and different wants. Of course we're going to call for different things.

And on top of that, the displeased ones always speak the loudest.

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

You're saying that as if the player base is made up by a single petulant stroppy child.

My point is that they can't win no matter what they do. I understand that the community isn't a single entity, but I certainly know a lot of communities that are far more understanding of such things.

34 minutes ago, XenoAlbedo said:

My point is that they can't win no matter what they do. I understand that the community isn't a single entity, but I certainly know a lot of communities that are far more understanding of such things.

And they never will be able to, it's the same everywhere in many parts of life. We all know this.

Understanding is difficult when you're left in the dark. We've gone from an update every 3 months in 2014, to 4 in 2015, to almost 10 in 2016. And we don't really have a good clue as to why. We can say ''these things take time'' and use Gaben's gif as much as we like, but unless people actually know what is going on understanding is impossible.

So in actuality, none of us understand. We don't know what's taking place behind the scenes, perhaps they relaxed a bit too much at the beginning of the year and it's caught up to them. Perhaps there was some internal drama that caused work to slow. We don't know, therefore we don't understand.

I think perhaps what you meant to say was, ''I certainly know a lot of communities that are far more accepting of such things.'' Acceptance doesn't require understanding (although it certainly helps), it only requires belief. In this context belief that DE is doing the right thing.

And you're most certainly right, players are passionate about the game and everyone has their own individual view on what they want to see it become. Some people want the most powerful weapons and abhor nerfs, they refuse to accept that nerfs have to happen and can be vocal about it since they believe it is the wrong decision. But it takes all sorts to make the world go around, you may think people's opinions are silly but that is unfortunately, just your opinion. 

At the end of the day, mocking the community (original comment I quoted) doesn't help at all, it's confrontational. Stating that the community aren't understanding/accepting is also not helpful (whether true or not), and mildly confrontational. It gets us nowhere.

Edited by DeMonkey

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

At the end of the day, mocking the community (original comment I quoted) doesn't help at all

And at the beginning of the day, the amount of melodramatic posts and overexaggeration that people are displaying over this update isn't helping and is likely worse.

When people throw around numbers of players doing something dropping they are running the actual risk of driving curious players away. When people tell them, "you're acting dumb," they are doing nothing more than possibly inciting a bit of ire.

It's quite clear that most of the people complaining have never played any non-AAA funded game. Updates getting delayed for far longer than the public thinks they, "should," is quite common in the primarily Free2Play world. Do people have a right to be upset about a major update being delayed repeatedly? Yes. Does it warrant doomsaying and throwing around half-baked statistics to try and get DE to speed up their work? No. Trying to force them to release it early by complaining in this manner will do nothing more than lead to more when the update isn't in working order due to it being rushed (insert, "but there will be bugs anyway," complaints here).

I'm not saying, "don't complain," either. I'm saying that if you're going to complain, be honest about it. All of this, "they delayed the update and now we're losing players, look at this number of [streamers/steam players/their active clan members]! Clearly you need to fix this by dropping the update immediately," is helping absolutely nobody. More often than not the numbers aren't even linked to anything and are there just to add faux credibility.

1 hour ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

Keep doing a good job DE

But I am not going to tell you to take your time. Hurry up!

Instead of focusing on 3D grass and super HD fog you could have spent your time on something that most players care about

But besides that keep doing good work 

No no. The only reason it has to be rushed is because they set a release date when they weren't sure if TWW would be ready. Also when you say "Hurry up!" be careful what you wish for.  Many games have suffered rushed releases and it has hurt the game.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

No no. The only reason it has to be rushed is because they set a release date when they weren't sure if TWW would be ready. Also when you say "Hurry up!" be careful what you wish for.  Many games have suffered rushed releases and it has hurt the game.

idk why but the frequently delays are hurting me more and damn there was so many of them, yes im aware its a ''knife with 2 blades'' anyway think the awaited quest is almost here ~1week would say

I think I have a proper analogy for this situation and for all of those that say over exaggerating or being negative isnt going to help:

I'd rather be the friend that says you look like hell to prevent you from being ignorant and tell you to get your S#&$ together for your sake rather than be the asshat of a friend saying that you look fine and let you skip around oblivious to the fact that you're being judged.

Supporting bad practices in the end is going to make things worse than saying it's not the way to do things.

Edited by Basicology

4 hours ago, Basicology said:

I think I have a proper analogy for this situation and for all of those that say over exaggerating or being negative isnt going to help:

I'd rather be the friend that says you look like hell to prevent you from being ignorant and tell you to get your S#&$ together for your sake rather than be the asshat of a friend saying that you look fine and let you skip around oblivious to the fact that you're being judged.

Supporting bad practices in the end is going to make things worse than saying it's not the way to do things.

This assumes you're doing something wrong in the first place.

If your friend is purposefully not getting his S#&$ together in order to save starving kittens, your negativity isn't going to help, is it?

10 hours ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

Keep doing a good job DE

But I am not going to tell you to take your time. Hurry up!

Instead of focusing on 3D grass and super HD fog you could have spent your time on something that most players care about

But besides that keep doing good work 

dont think the grass and lighting are the reason for the delay.  They mentioned that they have 5 versions of the script and with 200 hours of dialogue per voice im going to take a guess and say its the story changes that keep delaying it because stuff needs to be redone again and again.

Unless they drop a completely unique new mechanic that they are trying to make it works and it's taking long.

Then there's marketing. They would want to release it during the perfect date and once they miss that day they have to wait and reschedule to another date that gets maximum exposure and so on.

1 hour ago, Mak_Gohae said:

dont think the grass and lighting are the reason for the delay.  They mentioned that they have 5 versions of the script and with 200 hours of dialogue per voice im going to take a guess and say its the story changes that keep delaying it because stuff needs to be redone again and again.

Unless they drop a completely unique new mechanic that they are trying to make it works and it's taking long.

Then there's marketing. They would want to release it during the perfect date and once they miss that day they have to wait and reschedule to another date that gets maximum exposure and so on.

This is likely the reason why it's delayed but people are complaining because they got hyped about TWW because they set a release date and are annoyed because of the delay.

58 minutes ago, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

This is likely the reason why it's delayed but people are complaining because they got hyped about TWW because they set a release date and are annoyed because of the delay.

I'm not sure if what i'm going to add to this may also be a factor but a lot of games got delayed this year and several pushed back to 2017, i know a few friends of mine were super hyped for FFXV so now they're in a corner sucking their thumbs and pouting like puppies that need to go outside to hunt down the long lost TWW.

As far as people saying "no don't tell them to rush it, think of the bugs" I've only joined the warframe train early this year and even with extra time it's still gonna be crawling with bugs anyway.

FEEL FREE TO SKIP THIS LAST PART: it's got ramblings in it, no one likes those

My last opinion which people can ignore or rant at me (I have popcorn ready) I think that in the future it's better to stay silent and not mention something until it's finished (unless it's something that requires some community feedback like Dyson, Dirt Devil or Hoover for instance) and then start the hype train, gives the chance of a small break to iron out bugs and w/e and is less stressful (or so I've heard, less time for unrealistic expectations to build sounds like a plus too). I personally find it irritating that ive had this unexplained hinted winks about this damn mold in my ship and if I understood one of the devstreams right we won't get an answer to that until some time after TWW, so why put it there...so early? its like a teaser of a second movie before the first movie is even out. Also has anyone ever seen Lotus sneeze? (random thoughts, I can't control them)

Edited by Keruvinde
Some grammars, not all, also bad jokes

36 minutes ago, Keruvinde said:

I'm not sure if what i'm going to add to this may also be a factor but a lot of games got delayed this year and several pushed back to 2017, i know a few friends of mine were super hyped for FFXV so now they're in a corner sucking their thumbs and pouting like puppies that need to go outside to hunt down the long lost TWW.

As far as people saying "no don't tell them to rush it, think of the bugs" I've only joined the warframe train early this year and even with extra time it's still gonna be crawling with bugs anyway.

FEEL FREE TO SKIP THIS LAST PART: it's got ramblings in it, no one likes those

My last opinion which people can ignore or rant at me (I have popcorn ready) I think that in the future it's better to stay silent and not mention something until it's finished (unless it's something that requires some community feedback like Dyson, Dirt Devil or Hoover for instance) and then start the hype train, gives the chance of a small break to iron out bugs and w/e and is less stressful (or so I've heard, less time for unrealistic expectations to build sounds like a plus too). I personally find it irritating that ive had this unexplained hinted winks about this damn mold in my ship and if I understood one of the devstreams right we won't get an answer to that until some time after TWW, so why put it there...so early? its like a teaser of a second movie before the first movie is even out. Also has anyone ever seen Lotus sneeze? (random thoughts, I can't control them)

I agree with you. People are saying stuff like Warframe is dying and stuff but all that's happening is an update got delayed.

On 9/28/2016 at 8:58 AM, Basicology said:

"Have we not waited enough?"~

Is what all of the self proclaimed optimists see when we talk about the lack of end game content/or the lack of paying attention to the needs of the playerbase, as if the "pessimist" players are saying that they deserve the udpates/content to a game that is free and that we shouldn't feel like DE owes us anything. I just ADORE the people that respond to us in kind with "No one is making you play this game, it's free isn't it?". Playing the game itself and investing your time and (possibly) money into it gives us the right to an opinion on the matter.

That said, I believe Warframe has lost my fancy with their tactics in releasing/updating their game. Want a list? Here you go:

• TWW was supposed to be split in 3 parts, after basically being delayed once. The content being split/worked on seperately, adhering to the quote "Less wait, More Content". and in the end, Lunaro was a fail that players hardly enjoy, a maxed Titania is relatively useless (compared to other frames) when farming, which is what 95% of what this game is, and only useful against certain boss farming from experience. The first batches of content were just flops, in their own rights.
  •  The third part was given a longer release date. First was supposed to be August, then in September, then we're told "We're not sure". With this move, it seems like the content wasn't going to be ready when they originally split it, or because that particular portion wasnt what they're wanting it to be. All of their deadlines and responses to questions about the matter were "Soon", "Later this month", "Yada Yada Yada".
  • There is no end game content that is worth sticking around for, and yet they are concentrating on a story quest that will have 0 requirements to start besides having Second Dream finished and maybe a location or two unlocked. This shows their intention for adding maybe early to mid game content, meanwhile all the vets are sitting on their asses or have just completely quit. 

My point? Don't jerk around your playerbase. You want to know what release or even estimation dates are for? They are for letting your playerbase know when new content is going to GO LIVE, not BE FINISHED.  Release dates are something you give when you want to assure that content is clean enough to roll out, not tease your fans with for months at a time and then NOT deliver on said content. If anything it's just something that's getting your players to stick around while you struggle with something you shouldn't have put a date on. It just shows how much your word means to the players, who, due to ridiculous and unbalanced economic/item farming/rarity management, are expected to keep doing things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, until you you deem us filthy FTP gamers worthy of such a gracious update that probably will give us a few more hours worth of game time and then we'll repeat the cycle again 8-12 months later.

Whatever.

you need to be MR5 or higher and have second dream completed to start TWW. your info is wrong.

On 10/1/2016 at 11:38 AM, ShibuyaGG said:

you need to be MR5 or higher and have second dream completed to start TWW. your info is wrong.

I can't tell if you're trying to nitpick or if you don't know how much MR5 is an easy level to get to and by the time you complete Second Dream it's basically assumed you're at least that high, unless you don't know how to play the game/level your character/make weapons and warframes. And I did mention Second Dream having to be finished. That was assumed as well......Your point?