[DE]Megan

The War Within: Now a Tetralogy!

15 minutes ago, KeiYinXI said:

I know what you mean, I haven't been playing Warframe for long I'd say for about a few months? not exactly continuously as I've popped in and out. I'm not mad at DE's decision of the recent War Within postponing, but as others have stated it would make everything better if they just clearly admitted that they don't know when it'll be released instead of constantly throwing different dates. I'm not saying the players have the right to act so dramatically but they have the right to be annoyed and a bit frustrated at this point. 

well if it was just that it'd be one thing, but its not just TWW, the community in general or at least a decent amount is annoyed and frustrated with this, the vacuum changes that happened, the on and off again nature of them doing events, sorties rotation offerings, raids in general and their rewards, the loss of motivation to do endless matches and void, years of no AI improvements, increasing grind, constant nerfs, constant nullification, immunity and resistances, the rails being gone for over a year, us not getting umbra for way too long, the amount of development time that goes into modes no one plays, the lack of expansion on dojos, theres so many I dont know where to stop. N I'm not saying that everyone's pissed about all of it, not saying all are huge issues, but they add up pretty quick, especially with how many of us have friends that have already quit. So many of us want the game to do well or get better or whatever but DE just keeps doing things that piss off and drive away players, without giving us the things we've been promised or that we've been asking for.

Edited by (XB1)ashes of suvius
  • Upvote 6

Can they at least update the opening post in this topic? Why do I have to search for another thread (now locked too) to find any info?
And we really can use more info, because, I don't really care already if they will ever release it. I just want to know what's so big in it (and it must be HUGE), that it takes so much time to make it.

"On PC, you can look forward to War Within more than a month away."... Seriously, what are you making there a new game lol?

• Upvote 1

lol yes ç'est clear if the update is not monstrously huge Warframe I delete, which will be a shame because it's a good game anyway. not abuse or moin keep us ..........

6 hours ago, aldebert said:

lol yes ç'est clear if the update is not monstrously huge Warframe I delete, which will be a shame because it's a good game anyway. not abuse or moin keep us ..........

Same here, expecting more than 5 gigs 

Never mind the spoiled kids - they've been sleeping way too long and lost all tact. Self-entitlement and impatience can turn even argon crystals into void salts.

did any of you complaining ever bother to watch at least the latest dev stream? it took so long because during production they came up with even better ideas deciding to scrap the whole thing to pursue the better plan several times over before settling for the current design which according to steve is much bigger and complex then the 2nd dream  :O the finalized plan is in full production now and no further delays are planned. You should rejoice a developer would rather prolong development to pursue a superior idea and story even if it means to start over completely on a quest  to present their players the best possible experience rather then "DEAD LINE PROFIT! PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT! :T

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Fylas said:

did any of you complaining ever bother to watch at least the latest dev stream? it took so long because during production they came up with even better ideas deciding to scrap the whole thing to pursue the better plan several times over before settling for the current design which according to steve is much bigger and complex then the 2nd dream  :O the finalized plan is in full production now and no further delays are planned. You should rejoice a developer would rather prolong development to pursue a superior idea and story even if it means to start over completely on a quest  to present their players the best possible experience rather then "DEAD LINE PROFIT! PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT! :T

This.

And you know what, for a free to play game, Digital Extremes has really raised the bar and exceeded every single possible expectation I could have ever had. And yet, there are people who ask me how I can still support and defend their decisions.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Zachles said:

This.

And you know what, for a free to play game, Digital Extremes has really raised the bar and exceeded every single possible expectation I could have ever had. And yet, there are people who ask me how I can still support and defend their decisions.

sure their communication sometimes could do work, but not this time, people complained about having to wait and they should not raise the hype anymore then there was, and you know what? THEY LISTENED! they kept secret that they scrapped and redid war within from the scratch like 3 times to deliver the best possible experience, because people did not want any more hype, thus keeping the expectations limited. If people had known everytime "ey we are redoing it from scrap cause we found a even better way and story to do it" first time people would flip out  and hype it even more, 2nd and 3rd time people would have created backlash cause they want it now not better.  so complaining about DE's decision? hell no why would I ! these folks just did what you asked em to do, you can't be mad at someone for something YOU wanted :T yes the war withing took nearly 4 months longer then anticipated but what we get in return will be all the better for it. Production is in full force, and once it is done  A LOT of personal capacity will be freed up, so after the initial bug fix and rebalancing phase usually done after such a mega update by DE we will see many waves of improvements to game mechanics, gameplay and player suggestions because people will be free to work on that instead for a while.

PS: anyone who doesn't bother to watch dev streams and complains about Digital Extremes not listening to their players or being open enough with their playerbase is a hypocrite for ignoring their player interaction.

• Upvote 2

I've been playing video-games for about 25 years. Nope, that's not an achievement in itself at all - but there are things you notice, if you stick with one title for several years. Such as, how the devs treat their playerbase and the community. And whenever I see people throwing fits on these forums, I must shake my head and go like, that some of the folks around here don't realize how great DE has been; compared to many game-developping companies.

To put it in perspective - Is DE flawless?

No. They're just ordinary folks. Just like you and me. To make flaws is to be a human. There is no putting anyone on the pedestal of perfection involved in this.

The trend I see around the forums in last two month is, that the folks who have been around for years are burnout and are upset with the current state of the game and 'lack of things to do' - again, nothing wrong or uncommon. It happens; after you've been doing one game-title for years, you want a fresh wind, so to speak, to keep you interested - what I personally perceive as wrong, is how some of these people approach DE and mistreat them, as if they even weren't human beings in the first place. Sure, players get burnout; but so do the devs. And, unlike us, who can go and pick something else to focus on; the devs have to keep working, unless they want to lose their job. As sour reality as that is; that is what it is. And just because it's their job, it doesn't mean they should be treated like sub-human beings, called names and insulted on any opportunity given. They're paid to make a game for us, not to be our slapping dummy; there is a difference. Discuss and criticize the ideas; don't insult & personally attack the people behind the game you've been playing.

Do I want to see TWW? Heck, yes. I love lore, and every little bit they reveal is welcome. But I realize things like that take time. And perhaps that negative pressure from the community is also part of why they keep delaying it. Perhaps they are second-guessing their own decisions, thinking it won't be good enough for us, leading to them scrapping one idea after another (see latest dev-stream, where they discuss changing things because of 'creativity & technical issues'). I personally think that we should give them the space to take a very deep breath and finish the TWW update in their own accord and pace, without all the unnecessary negativity directed at them, often in that sluggish, personal way. Keep pressuring someone for so long, and they will slip; and produce less-than-ideal product.

Sure, DE teasing us with the quest very prematurely was a bad move, poor decision; they did admit that themselves - but in the end, if we, the community, become too toxic, negative, treating them poorly, we will also have ourselves to blame partially, if the end-result is not as good as we'd like it to be - as again, they're also only human and not impervious to public pressure and how they're treated. 

So, my final message would be - to us, the community - even if you're tired of waiting, don't go bashing DE and mainly, don't attack them. Go focus on something else if you have to. Or; simply go play the game and show your support this way. Everyone has their lowest, when they need a little of support. 
To DE - Keep your chins up. I personally love your work, communication and dedication; your game has given me 1200+ hours of in-mission time full of laughs with friends - not many games out there have as great crew as your Warframe - a fact I am very thankful of. So, thank you; and I hope you'll keep soldiering on for us.

• Upvote 9

Страно что такой коллектив Де так запаздывает с вводом нового контента(

I didn't want to clutter GD with another War Within delay topic, so here I am just sharing something I want to get off my chest;

My problem does not lie with the War Within's myriad of delays; it's all the potential future content that it's restricting from us. The one thing I have been looking forward to for more than 14 (almost 15) months now is Excalibur Umbra. Unfortunately, we will never reach him (or anything considered big) if situations such as the entirety of Update 19 keep happening. All major dream content is being gated by TWW; that's my problem. I stopped caring for it when midnight struck the clock on August 1st.

It's not an exciting quest or enlightening experience I look forward to; it's something I want out and out of the way already. Yes, I will always support DE (both emotionally and financially), however I will not say the upcoming "major" piece of content has me yearning at all.

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

I didn't want to clutter GD with another War Within delay topic, so here I am just sharing something I want to get off my chest;

My problem does not lie with the War Within's myriad of delays; it's all the potential future content that it's restricting from us. The one thing I have been looking forward to for more than 14 (almost 15) months now is Excalibur Umbra. Unfortunately, we will never reach him (or anything considered big) if situations such as the entirety of Update 19 keep happening. All major dream content is being gated by TWW; that's my problem. I stopped caring for it when midnight struck the clock on August 1st.

It's not an exciting quest or enlightening experience I look forward to; it's something I want out and out of the way already. Yes, I will always support DE (both emotionally and financially), however I will not say the upcoming "major" piece of content has me yearning at all.

Pretty good point. I don't think a cinematic quest should be gating other content from arriving... especially since TWW is effectively in development limbo. 

Edited by Skaleek
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, jodarkrider said:

I've been playing video-games for about 25 years. Nope, that's not an achievement in itself at all - but there are things you notice, if you stick with one title for several years. Such as, how the devs treat their playerbase and the community. And whenever I see people throwing fits on these forums, I must shake my head and go like, that some of the folks around here don't realize how great DE has been; compared to many game-developping companies.

No. They're just ordinary folks. Just like you and me. To make flaws is to be a human. There is no putting anyone on the pedestal of perfection involved in this.

The trend I see around the forums in last two month is, that the folks who have been around for years are burnout and are upset with the current state of the game and 'lack of things to do' - again, nothing wrong or uncommon. It happens; after you've been doing one game-title for years, you want a fresh wind, so to speak, to keep you interested - what I personally perceive as wrong, is how some of these people approach DE and mistreat them, as if they even weren't human beings in the first place. Sure, players get burnout; but so do the devs. And, unlike us, who can go and pick something else to focus on; the devs have to keep working, unless they want to lose their job. As sour reality as that is; that is what it is. And just because it's their job, it doesn't mean they should be treated like sub-human beings, called names and insulted on any opportunity given. They're paid to make a game for us, not to be our slapping dummy; there is a difference. Discuss and criticize the ideas; don't insult & personally attack the people behind the game you've been playing.

Do I want to see TWW? Heck, yes. I love lore, and every little bit they reveal is welcome. But I realize things like that take time. And perhaps that negative pressure from the community is also part of why they keep delaying it. Perhaps they are second-guessing their own decisions, thinking it won't be good enough for us, leading to them scrapping one idea after another (see latest dev-stream, where they discuss changing things because of 'creativity & technical issues'). I personally think that we should give them the space to take a very deep breath and finish the TWW update in their own accord and pace, without all the unnecessary negativity directed at them, often in that sluggish, personal way. Keep pressuring someone for so long, and they will slip; and produce less-than-ideal product.

Sure, DE teasing us with the quest very prematurely was a bad move, poor decision; they did admit that themselves - but in the end, if we, the community, become too toxic, negative, treating them poorly, we will also have ourselves to blame partially, if the end-result is not as good as we'd like it to be - as again, they're also only human and not impervious to public pressure and how they're treated. 

So, my final message would be - to us, the community - even if you're tired of waiting, don't go bashing DE and mainly, don't attack them. Go focus on something else if you have to. Or; simply go play the game and show your support this way. Everyone has their lowest, when they need a little of support. 
To DE - Keep your chins up. I personally love your work, communication and dedication; your game has given me 1200+ hours of in-mission time full of laughs with friends - not many games out there have as great crew as your Warframe - a fact I am very thankful of. So, thank you; and I hope you'll keep soldiering on for us.

The degenerates that send our community manager rebecca and some of the dev team members direct death threats after the innate 6m radius loot change to sentinels did NOT HELP AT ALL. I don't know what I should feel more, anger, dissapointment or disgust about that behavior.  You just don't threat people that way.

• Upvote 4

So we went from Lunaro, Specters of the rail (Hot fixes and updated like CRAZY), Silver Grove, Vacuum Within, And upcoming is War Within...... 

So now we are at a  pentalogy. I would not be surprised if it went to a hexalogy. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, DarthBane1 said:

So we went from Lunaro, Specters of the rail (Hot fixes and updated like CRAZY), Silver Grove, Vacuum Within, And upcoming is War Within...... 

So now we are at a  pentalogy. I would not be surprised if it went to a hexalogy. 

you forgot index is coming before TWW too :D *runs away*

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Keruvinde said:

you forgot index is coming before TWW too :D *runs away*

*sounds of supra shots and grineer missiles following right after keru together with the odd glaive spinning trough the air*

On 8/5/2016 at 10:40 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Get ready for Titania and much more coming this August, Tenno!!

only Titania Came ...? *sob*

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Fylas said:

The degenerates that send our community manager rebecca and some of the dev team members direct death threats after the innate 6m radius loot change to sentinels did NOT HELP AT ALL. I don't know what I should feel more, anger, dissapointment or disgust about that behavior.  You just don't threat people that way.

I don't understand why people are making such a fuss about reducing vacuum by 6m and DELAYING an update. I mean people go on as if it got confirmed for tomorrow and them completely cancelled and scrapped. DE's mistake was creating hype around it by setting a release date when they weren't certain whether it would be ready or not. Calm down!

P.S. And that ladies and gentlemen is how you trigger the internet. (:

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:51 PM, jodarkrider said:

Well said Tenno. Well said. I wish that there were more people like you on the forums than people you mentioned in your post.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:33 AM, Fylas said:

first of all, yes, I do watch dev streams, thats half of why I get upset. Am I someone that freaks out and threatens people over a video game? No. I try to make valid, logical arguments. So keep in mind that I'm approaching this from a mature point of view. DE lied. When they said they are on devstream 81 that they are on the final version and its been in full force production, they said it has been for "for awhile" yet this is a week after they sent out a "get ready" letter to content creators, than said it'd still be a month. They need to get their story straight, thats why people get pissed.

also, this update being delayed has not prevented them from making money. They've released primes, premium skins, prestige packs, and cosmetics all while people wait for substantial content. They have been rushing that content in my opinion. They are full force in production of deluxe skins but half the frames released in the last year dont have immortal skins n the last one we saw was trinity's. Why is that important? Because they make 4x they money off of deluxes.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:27 AM, Fylas said:

sure their communication sometimes could do work, but not this time, people complained about having to wait and they should not raise the hype anymore then there was, and you know what? THEY LISTENED! they kept secret that they scrapped and redid war within from the scratch like 3 times to deliver the best possible experience, because people did not want any more hype, thus keeping the expectations limited. If people had known everytime "ey we are redoing it from scrap cause we found a even better way and story to do it" first time people would flip out  and hype it even more, 2nd and 3rd time people would have created backlash cause they want it now not better.  so complaining about DE's decision? hell no why would I ! these folks just did what you asked em to do, you can't be mad at someone for something YOU wanted :T yes the war withing took nearly 4 months longer then anticipated but what we get in return will be all the better for it. Production is in full force, and once it is done  A LOT of personal capacity will be freed up, so after the initial bug fix and rebalancing phase usually done after such a mega update by DE we will see many waves of improvements to game mechanics, gameplay and player suggestions because people will be free to work on that instead for a while.

PS: anyone who doesn't bother to watch dev streams and complains about Digital Extremes not listening to their players or being open enough with their playerbase is a hypocrite for ignoring their player interaction.

ive never once said they aren't open enough, n I cant say I've honestly seen anyone trying to say so. But people forget that this isn't the only thing people are waiting on. Ive been waiting for the rails to come back for a year, waiting for umbra, waiting for TWW. My problem doesn't even have anything to do with TWW getting delayed, its the choice to leave endgame players nothing to do but this repetitive mess they call the relic system, the removal of motivation for endless missions, the production time they pour into pvp and lunaro, the lack of providing content the community asks for consistently. To say they "listen" based on the fact they stayed silent on war within stuff is almost offensive to me. Thats not listening, thats simply not ruining an update, which is kind of common sense. I think that alot of people are worried far more at the prospect that anything DE promises might take well over a year. They said that they're working on endless fissures in this latest stream, which honestly should be a very very very high priority with how many veterans are bored and leaving, but the reality of it is they said the same thing about rails over a year ago. See where I'm going with this? Heck, the map rework n blowing up the void took FOREVER just for it to be one of the worst things to happen to this game. I have no problem waiting for them to get something done, but If I waited a year for solar rails to come back n they come back that awful, people are gonna lose their s***... Dont get me wrong, I love warframe n am overall more pleased with DE than most developers, but this last year, my love for them has sharply fallen off, n I don't have that much faith in them at the moment. They seem to be completely forgetting major things, forgetting large crowds of their audience, not looking at things from multiple angles. More decisions seem to be less for the benefit of the game and players and more for income than ever. I know they are a business and need to make money, but they get more of it from me when I'm not bored and disliking half of what they do. I still support DE more than I would like to admit sometimes. I love the game, less now than in the past but I wouldn't be on these forums if I didn't care about the future of the game. When I talk bad about DE or their decisions, it is not to trash them, or blow things out of proportion, its for the sake of things being done better in the future.

edit: Partially because I brought up deluxe skins n how I think they are being rushed, but mostly because this is a great example of how much DE doesn't listen n how its resulting in them making way less than they could.

edit 2: DE, just cuz I said you're rushing the skins doesn't mean I dont need that frost skin like nowish lol

Edited by (XB1)ashes of suvius
  • Upvote 2