[DE]Megan

The War Within: Now a Tetralogy!

On 9/22/2016 at 6:07 PM, BulletsforTeeth said:

Because it only takes forum activity into account, not your prestige ingame.

Oh thanks man I did not now that. :crylaugh:

I'm completely Burnt out from all the Hyping that I've been doing since May/June of its announcement. The War Within can just take its sweet time now, I'm going to take a break from Warframe Until Christmas or New Year, Maybe then the Update will come out and I wont have to keep tearing at the amazing people at DE about it. 

• Upvote 2

To all the people bashing the War Within's release date (myself included....I feel like a jerk for doing so, but it was posting music of how I felt). The anticipation......it's there for sure. BUT, we must be patient. DE is working overtime (insert angry Spongebob face) to crank out the best for the players. I enjoy Lunaro (lol I even hear a guy yelling "Ice Cream" in the background. Didn't know the dairy treat was still around). I enjoyed the Silver Grove update. Now we have the Vacuum Within (Hoover? I'm guessing Hoover is inside some of those sentinels). And the second teaser, where Teshin says, "You shouldn't have come here." Sounds like a slight reference to the Ben Drowned creepypasta. We all must wait a little longer for TWW, and I don't know if I speak for Rebecca, Megan, Steve and the rest of DE, but it'll be a big success. All our waiting (and rage typing) will pay off.

Anyway, I have links....links to celebration music. Quote me if you'd like, but here are some celebratory music pieces we (and maybe our Warframes in the future) could dance to once TWW is released:

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pgs-caVT6Y

2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Zz3ZhV4wU

3) *my personal favorite* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYNq-DzZ5tc 

Edited by NationalGuard5
minor text change

2 hours ago, NationalGuard5 said:

To all the people bashing the War Within's release date (myself included....I feel like a jerk for doing so, but it was posting music of how I felt). The anticipation......it's there for sure. BUT, we must be patient. DE is working overtime (insert angry Spongebob face) to crank out the best for the players. I enjoy Lunaro (lol I even hear a guy yelling "Ice Cream" in the background. Didn't know the dairy treat was still around). I enjoyed the Silver Grove update. Now we have the Vacuum Within (Hoover? I'm guessing Hoover is inside some of those sentinels). And the second teaser, where Teshin says, "You shouldn't have come here." Sounds like a slight reference to the Ben Drowned creepypasta. We all must wait a little longer for TWW, and I don't know if I speak for Rebecca, Megan, Steve and the rest of DE, but it'll be a big success. All our waiting (and rage typing

Anyway, I have links....links to celebration music. Quote me if you'd like, but here are some celebratory music pieces we (and maybe our Warframes in the future) could dance to once TWW is released:

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pgs-caVT6Y

2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Zz3ZhV4wU

3) *my personal favorite* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYNq-DzZ5tc 

ice cream? really? ... I hope its not made with kavat milk >_>  I know I'm being silly here but I would kill for a harvest moon esque expansion for the dojo where you can grow plants and livestock to selll to some of the hidden colonies or use it yourself to cook up stuff. iron chef was yesterday welcome to TENNO CHEF :O! *shows how to fillet a space pig so fast with a pair of burning bazolk that the filets are perfectly fried*  XD XD XD

8 hours ago, (PS4)AidenLangston44 said:

I really think the war within will be good and fun especially with the grineer queens and teshin being a part in it!!!!!!!

Yeah so long as they don't feel pressured by the "YOU LIED TO US!!" and the "HURRY UP DE!!" complaints.

Hopefully this quest gives something to the corpus, they are just there. The only exception is Alad V who actually has a "heavy" character development, Nef Anyo maybe has something going on also ... but the last time we heard of him was in that event with the razorback thing. The thing is the corpus seems irrelevant in the story as it is right now, again they are just there. (Hopefully they build something with them in this update).

1 hour ago, Cpt.Koraxis said:

Brace your self, winter is coming :D:D:D:D

Hail.... *twitch* Hydra? 

Edited by Firefly0037

20 hours ago, mrrobotto67 said:

Hopefully this quest gives something to the corpus, they are just there. The only exception is Alad V who actually has a "heavy" character development, Nef Anyo maybe has something going on also ... but the last time we heard of him was in that event with the razorback thing. The thing is the corpus seems irrelevant in the story as it is right now, again they are just there. (Hopefully they build something with them in this update).

look in the index though it will Nef come out today. sorry, the puns were irresistible but the index might have something to do with the corpus story. or another update sort of like the war within but hopefully without all the waiting.

Edited by fred101j
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, fred101j said:

look in the index though it will Nef come out today. sorry, the puns were irresistible but the index might have something to do with the corpus story. or another update sort of like the war within but hopefully without all the waiting.

Actual development in the game world are usually done with events like the index or the grineer equivalent, from new enemies to the destruction of relays and even new syndicates like how red veil became a permanent addition.  Mostly because so very much was secret about the tenno and orokins for so long till the big reveal in the 2nd dream and now in the war within the rest of the game expansion work was stinted. Any wrong information and the whole secret would have been revealed. The game world itself will probably expand A LOT more after tww with most of those stops pulled due to lore reveals :D

On 8/5/2016 at 2:40 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Dearest Tenno,

As we welcome the month of August, we reflect on our last Dev Workshop post about the plan for The War Within. It’s clear that we were (and continue to be) very ambitious and dedicated about The War Within and everything it contains. If you watched today’s Devstream you may already be aware of the change in plans we have for the final installment. If you had missed it or were looking for more information let’s take a look back at what has been released thus far. 

You may remember [DE]Steve’s post 'The War Within: Less wait, more update!'  back in early June where it was announced how we’d be approaching The War Within Update – In chunks! The motivation behind this decision was to continue to bring you quality content without drowning out non-headlining features and additions to the game. It would also give us time to work more diligently, deliver more goodness, and expose less bugs. What came from this decision was a 3 part segmented update, each piece with its own focus. To date we have kept to the original plan of splicing The War Within into three parts:

• Part I: Lunaro was released June 15th on PC and July 7th on PS4/XB1 and brought Lunaro, a friendlier and more team driven Conclave mode, to Warframe. 
  • Part II: Specters of the Rail was released July 8th (soon to be in certification for consoles) and breathed new life into the Star Chart with a redesign and introduction to Junction link travel. The update also brought Void 2.0, Market and Archwing overhauls, Kavat companions, and much more. 
  • Part III: The War Within was intended on being the last update of the trilogy with the next cinematic quest unfolding more of the Warframe universe. The update was planned to also reveal more about the Grineer Queens, Teshin, and you, the Tenno. 

With Parts I and II out the door we can reflect on the lessons learned from these updates - mainly Specters of the Rail which brought some massive quality of life fixes and much needed overhauls to Warframe. These long anticipated and discussed features were so well received by you guys in the community we couldn’t help but mirror the excitement. With the desire to get the update in your hands as soon as possible, we rushed its deployment. Unfortunately, the timing of Specters of the Rail collided with our first ever Warframe Convention “TennoCon,” and it showed. The update was deployed Friday July 8th, a day before the convention where DE staff and developers would be out of office and present for panels, activities, and meeting all of you who attended. A relatively empty office and busy day at the convention meant that the update suffered and was neglected the quality it deserved upon release. 

The continued endeavor to get The War Within out while not allowing history to repeat itself has lead us to where we are now:

Part III: The War Within is being split into 2 parts. Part III: Titania and her quest which will be coming this August on PC, and Part IV:The War Within update with cinematic quest will be released afterwards. 

Our decision to split Part III (now Part III and IV) comes purely from a ‘what you rush you regret’ state of mind. We’re always trying set the bar higher from update to update. We have high hopes that the War Within quest will do just that, given the split and added time this grants us to expand on ideas and develop them into realities.  

It’s always our goal to give you the most exciting update possible - we take risks. We learned the hard way what happens when you rush incubation with an egg that is not ready to be hatched. 

We can’t thank you enough for all your patience and support as we crunch away at The War Within. We want you to be proud of The War Within cinematic quest and deliver The Second Dream feels all over again x 9000. 

Get ready for Titania and much more coming this August, Tenno!!

When does the war within patch

18 hours ago, nicklam445 said:

i am losing hype due delays of war within!!!!, i am getting inpatient due it!, please don't delay again!.

Funny. This reminds me my younger nephew when his parents said his birthday present would have some delay due to delivery problem. Epic drama.

• Upvote 1

'Inpatient' has a different meaning in England.............you wouldn't want that.

18 hours ago, nicklam445 said:

i am losing hype due delays of war within!!!!, i am getting inpatient due it!, please don't delay again!.

6 minutes ago, sidmarks1 said:

'Inpatient' has a different meaning in England.............you wouldn't want that.

I'm pretty sure the people that send deaththreats over delays and vacuum changes should become "inpatients" :P

• Upvote 4

Just now, Fylas said:

I'm pretty sure the people that send deaththreats over delays and vacuum changes should become "inpatients" :P

Agreed.

On 10/18/2016 at 3:09 AM, Kiyomaru-EN- said:

Somewhen in November according to their latest statement.

actually we don't know, steve said "over a month away" the earliest we could see it is second half of November but it's pretty open so it could come in December or next year.

• Upvote 1

Just Chill and relax. Calm Down, and Forget~~~ about the New, super awesome and Fashion Snapshot Galore for WF and Operator Cinematic quest. It'll help your stress levels, trust me.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Jarl44k said:

Just Chill and relax. Calm Down, and Forget~~~ about the New, super awesome and Fashion Snapshot Galore for WF and Operator Cinematic quest. It'll help your stress levels, trust me.

Most are doing that, actually. The hypers and bashers seem to have largely burnt themselves out by now 

• Upvote 1