Jump to content
[DE]Megan

The War Within: Now a Tetralogy!

Recommended Posts

Just now, Senketsu_ said:

honestly. im actually pretty dissapointed right now. any chance we can at least get an idea on why its taking so long. because now i think TWW is taking longer then TSD.

Specialized features, new tiles with new mechanics, core UI changes, area modeling, behavior programming, scene scripting. All that sutff already takes time and when weaved together can create all sorts of nasty bugs. And I'm probably leaving a bunch of stuff out.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like Quite Shy's already posted the real release date in her video xD.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate the info, and it's great that you're not rushing, but you really need to rethink how you lay out your timetables. In accordance with the original plan, before Lunaro shipped, stated on warframe.com/thepath , There was supposed to be a new preview every week on that page and an update shipping after all previews were done. Now, I'm not saying that the update should have been rushed to fit with the schedule that was promised at that time, but the fact that it has been a month, and that page appears to have been abandoned altogether, you really need to be a bit more accurate with your schedule making. I know that you were a bit overambitious on this update, but being over a month, possibly even 2 months off of your original timetable? It really detracts from your legitimacy and the confidence that users have in you.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont worry they will delay it for christmas "better delay than broken today" and when it arrives we will rush it for 20-40 mins just like the second dream.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That they're splitting it up and delaying it comes with no surprise. I don't mean this overly negative, but they in business for over 4 years now. They did experience the impact of a community backlash multiple times before, and considering Steve's twitter post they knew very well what an utter mess it would be and he was afraid of the consequences. We still don't know under what influence the team was to decide releasing the update not even half-finished, and probably will never know, but i do hope you guys put said entity in its place.

Players are a lot less displeased over an eventual delay if it means they don't have to experience gamebreaking bugs. Let this be a lesson well learned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hype has offcially died... i no longer care about The War Within... Haven't played like used to or at all for the last few months and i don't think i'll be back for another few months. DE plan your update scheduel a bit better... the dry season went longer than it should.

  • Upvote 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Senketsu_ said:

honestly. im actually pretty dissapointed right now. any chance we can at least get an idea on why its taking so long. because now i think TWW is taking longer then TSD.

me too terrible.....

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are you (DE) terrified of "history repeating itself" and screwing up again with another buggy launch? Stuff happens, and just because it happened once doesn't necessarily mean it'll happen again. It's not like you're all going to be rushing off to another TennoCon as soon as you release it, anyway: if things go wrong, you'll be around to fix any bugs. Don't go crazy dragging this out.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've only been on this update set for 8-9 months I mean what is another 1-4...oh yeah a year of no new update set. MMOs with smaller playerbase and teams can crank out high quality updates at least every 6 months, but DE with a fairly large team, studio, and playerbase can't. When I started this game 3 years ago in U11 we were getting regular updates every 2-4 months, but a year on one update is a bit of a stretch. We start to get into WoW territory, but at least they release content patches.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info. And 2 things. 1. Update the war within page or thepath page so that it shows as a split. And 2. Pls give a heads up date a bit early. So i know when to actually tell my mother not to scream at me. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If TWW is gonna be half as good as TSD, then it's worth the wait.

Take as much time as you need, and if you need a breather from working on the quest, there's plenty of other changes, tweaks and bugfixes that the game needs yesterday. ;)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

agreed, it's much easier and better for both the Devs and the players to release major content in parts: less hassle for the developers, and faster content flow for players.

take all the time you need guys, we'll still be here ready for the War Within!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Silverton said:

We've only been on this update set for 8-9 months I mean what is another 1-4...oh yeah a year of no new update set. MMOs with smaller playerbase and teams can crank out high quality updates at least every 6 months, but DE with a fairly large team, studio, and playerbase can't. When I started this game 3 years ago in U11 we were getting regular updates every 2-4 months, but a year on one update is a bit of a stretch. We start to get into WoW territory, but at least they release content patches.

How does :

  • Part I: Lunaro was released June 15th on PC and July 7th on PS4/XB1 and brought Lunaro, a friendlier and more team driven Conclave mode, to Warframe. 
  • Part II: Specters of the Rail was released July 8th (soon to be in certification for consoles) and breathed new life into the Star Chart with a redesign and introduction to Junction link travel. The update also brought Void 2.0, Market and Archwing overhauls, Kavat companions, and much more. 
  • Part III: The War Within was intended on being the last update of the trilogy with the next cinematic quest unfolding more of the Warframe universe. The update was planned to also reveal more about the Grineer Queens, Teshin, and you, the Tenno. 

Come to indicate 8-9 months. June to today would make 2 at most.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should split Lore quest from game mechanics.

 

Lore quests should be their own separate thing that only deal with story and nothing else.

And this doesnt mean that game mechanic updates should be drop with no explanation. Those should have their own little stories, too. But not tied to big major info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shifted said:

If TWW is gonna be half as good as TSD, then it's worth the wait.

At this point, at least for me, "half as good" isn't going to cut it any more. With all that hype and delay, followed by more hype and delay, TWW has to be at least as good as TSD to be worth it. And with what they spoiled already in the trailer and lore fragments ... I feel like I'll be sitting there and say "told ya" when it's all over.

 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Arinol said:

How does [...] Come to indicate 8-9 months. June to today would make 2 at most.

U18, The Second Dream was last December. They said that U19 won't be considered as launched until The War Within is out. Which would currently be in September, resulting in 9 months since the last major update.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bibliothekar said:

U18, The Second Dream was last December. They said that U19 won't be considered as launched until The War Within is out. Which would currently be in September, resulting in 9 months since the last major update.

1

you could say DE is carrying their Warframe Baby to term >.> lol

bad joke kmn

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Skaleek said:

An update slated originally for June is now 1 in june, 1 in july, 1 in august, 1 unknown. Have you guys considered possibly revisiting how you set up your timelines and timetables? If you're 4 months late on an update (im not complaining about the delay) you are seriously off your mark in terms of when you had aimed for, and its starting to become quite concerning. Not to mention Warframe wednesday has slowly and more consistently become warframe thursday (patch days). I dont mind delays, but it does get a little tiresome when you're told over and over this is the day only to be no where near surprised to see massive delays. This has become the norm, and I think that's a bad thing.

^This.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PS4)Arinol said:

How does :

  • Part I: Lunaro was released June 15th on PC and July 7th on PS4/XB1 and brought Lunaro, a friendlier and more team driven Conclave mode, to Warframe. 
  • Part II: Specters of the Rail was released July 8th (soon to be in certification for consoles) and breathed new life into the Star Chart with a redesign and introduction to Junction link travel. The update also brought Void 2.0, Market and Archwing overhauls, Kavat companions, and much more. 
  • Part III: The War Within was intended on being the last update of the trilogy with the next cinematic quest unfolding more of the Warframe universe. The update was planned to also reveal more about the Grineer Queens, Teshin, and you, the Tenno. 

Come to indicate 8-9 months. June to today would make 2 at most.

it's 9 months since the last major update at the end of this month. With how War Within has been progressing, we'll be lucky to get it by October 32nd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope the update works out then. I know some players would love to get their hand on Titania anyway so hopefully that will be useful for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...