[DE]Megan

The War Within: Now a Tetralogy!

Thanks for the informative post @[DE]Megan!

Also thank you guys for always being transparent with us and not leaving us in the dark! With that being said, I'm more than sure many of us don't mind waiting! Despite we might not say it much, but you guys really have given us these past few months so much making it a pretty kickass summer so far for Warframe. So when The War Within is ready, it'll be ready. I can only really speak for myself, but I definitely don't mind waiting.

If anything, it makes me rather at ease knowing you guys really want to iron everything out for this huge quest so I can trust that when it does debut it'll be great! c;

Anyways, cheers guys!~
RftlQaRl.png

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

So far 

Lunaro - Cool but i don't want to play rocket league.

New Starchart - Actually really nice it's much more like the first one 

Relic System (minigame)-  confusing ,grindy , and hard to get a squad together to farm 1 specific item as efficiently.  Relic names and classifications are annoying and there's no easy way around the system without more grinding.  You just turn on WOF and do this minigame with no challenge on missions you can do with your eyes closed after MR 8.

Preferred the old system . It was trash when first created but the addition of the trade market really made it easier for me to get what i wanted when i returned to the game. The void system also provided at least some sort of challenge to the game. The relic system would have been really nice added on top of the old system as a way to get vaulted items and stuff but whatever .Even allowing tier keys to be used for different factions and not just  the corrupted could have  been interesting . Blowing it up and making the void useless i guess was the choice made though. So what's the point of that tile set besides argon crystals now ?

One of the biggest disappointments i've had in the game since i've started playing. 

Everything else still cool. LF to Nekros update since i just finished putting some forma on him . Not looking forward to farming him.

Trust the rest is gonna be great since i've had fun with most of the quest i've done . Can't wait to see how after the War Within the game will evolve . 

Titania looks amazing.

Edited by WinterishRope
  • Upvote 1

Well now that I let out my dissapointment in a forum post it is time to start waiting

Grab your popcorn, calendar and toilet paper because the floor is going to be wet (in any way you want it to be)

I'm hyped for the War Within and it's not even out on PC yet. I'm on console so I'll have to wait even longer. Let the wait. WAIT A MINUTE! "FINAL INSTALLMENT"!! WHAT?! DON'T TELL ME THAT IT'LL BE THE LAST UPDATE OF WARFRAME! if it is then I trust that you will pull it off spectacularly and will truly be the second dream times 9000. Do you mean that the War Within quest is the ending to Warframe?!

On 8/5/2016 at 4:40 PM, [DE]Megan said:

[-snip-]

We want you to be proud of The War Within cinematic quest and deliver The Second Dream feels all over again x 9000.

For the feels, the wait shall be worth it. The Second Dream left me in a state where I didn't really know what to do for about half an hour, and it was amazing. I wish all of you the best, [DE]!

3 hours ago, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

I'm hyped for the War Within and it's not even out on PC yet. I'm on console so I'll have to wait even longer. Let the wait. WAIT A MINUTE! "FINAL INSTALLMENT"!! WHAT?! DON'T TELL ME THAT IT'LL BE THE LAST UPDATE OF WARFRAME! if it is then I trust that you will pull it off spectacularly and will truly be the second dream times 9000. Do you mean that the War Within quest is the ending to Warframe?!

It's not the final update, it's just the final installment of the War Within quest.

On 8/5/2016 at 5:07 PM, Senketsu_ said:

honestly. im actually pretty dissapointed right now. any chance we can at least get an idea on why its taking so long. because now i think TWW is taking longer then TSD.

Originally intended for end of July, then beginning of August, It does kind of suck that TWW is being delayed as much as it is, and now that they're splitting it into two parts, I'm willing to guess that TWW is gonna come late august or early September at this pace.

and what of those "surprises" Steve mentioned very briefly? That's probably gonna delay this a bit too.  I feel like if they Give us any dates at all it could just be delayed, again.

But I suppose we can just keep drooling at our screens while they show off some of the features on dev streams. 

14 hours ago, Demolishorfan said:

I don't know about you guys, but I think DE needs to take a lesson from this: don't make too much content for one update. Update 19 is EXTREMELY ambitious. What, with a whole starchart rework, Prime acquisition rework, a new companion type, a new tileset, a new acquired-via-quest Warframe, another lore-heavy cinematic quest and a whole bunch of other things we don't even know about. Oh, and also that sport I tried once and returned to my hiatus. I think it was called Lunarus...?

Update 17, as an example, had only a new Warframe (admittedly a complicated one), a reworked Tyl Regor in a tileset that was made back in 16.5, an existing gamemode transferred to a new environment (sharkwing), an additional mod slot with new mods and changes to existing mods to fit in it (Exilus), Shotgun buffs, Frost changes, basic stat changes but most notably Parkour 2.0, which I believe was the most significant part of the update. There was the Natah quest, but that wasn't even released with the first update as it wasn't ready. How long a gap was it between Update 17 and Update 16? Four months.

Update 16 was even smaller, with only a Warframe (also obtained via quest), the Sanctuary, the first raid, Cephalon capture and tons of quality changes... and that was it. But we were still happy with it, weren't we? Try not to go too big with your updates, or these 8-month delays will happen. It's taken way too long considering the original July ETA and I'm not even sure if I'm all that exited for The War Within anymore. I know there's things I don't know about how making a game works but bringing out hopes up for July and then pulling an "oh wait no it's August" only to AGAIN delay it is gut-wrenching.

Honestly, They could have skipped lunaro, left it for another date, The war within is much more badass

• Upvote 2

Sooo... about the queens.... and more to the point, grineer genders all together. Since the grineer are all clones, why are they cloning genders in the first place? Wouldn't it be easier for them to just uniformly clone a single gender and hand them a different set of armaments? Their is something to this....

16 hours ago, Demolishorfan said:

I don't know about you guys, but I think DE needs to take a lesson from this: don't make too much content for one update. Update 19 is EXTREMELY ambitious. What, with a whole starchart rework, Prime acquisition rework, a new companion type, a new tileset, a new acquired-via-quest Warframe, another lore-heavy cinematic quest and a whole bunch of other things we don't even know about. Oh, and also that sport I tried once and returned to my hiatus. I think it was called Lunarus...?

Update 17, as an example, had only a new Warframe (admittedly a complicated one), a reworked Tyl Regor in a tileset that was made back in 16.5, an existing gamemode transferred to a new environment (sharkwing), an additional mod slot with new mods and changes to existing mods to fit in it (Exilus), Shotgun buffs, Frost changes, basic stat changes but most notably Parkour 2.0, which I believe was the most significant part of the update. There was the Natah quest, but that wasn't even released with the first update as it wasn't ready. How long a gap was it between Update 17 and Update 16? Four months.

Update 16 was even smaller, with only a Warframe (also obtained via quest), the Sanctuary, the first raid, Cephalon capture and tons of quality changes... and that was it. But we were still happy with it, weren't we? Try not to go too big with your updates, or these 8-month delays will happen. It's taken way too long considering the original July ETA and I'm not even sure if I'm all that exited for The War Within anymore. I know there's things I don't know about how making a game works but bringing out hopes up for July and then pulling an "oh wait no it's August" only to AGAIN delay it is gut-wrenching.

and if i'm not wrong the original eta was late june.

35 minutes ago, Cortanis said:

Since the grineer are all clones, why are they cloning genders in the first place? Wouldn't it be easier for them to just uniformly clone a single gender and hand them a different set of armaments?

Even with genetic modification and augmentations, there are still differences between the two sexes that make males better suited for some tasks and females for others.

19 minutes ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

Sonce we have to wait 1 month for the quest to finally arrive I am probably going to cry from happiness, anger and fear

It will probably be 999999999999999x the feels 

For your own calm and peace, its better to not expect anything :D  Nobody said TWW will come in 1 month. Steve said it will come after the Titania, nothing more. Can be 1 week, can be 1 month. TWW will come when it come. Obey.

13 minutes ago, WhyNotBro said:

For your own calm and peace, its better to not expect anything :D  Nobody said TWW will come in 1 month. Steve said it will come after the Titania, nothing more. Can be 1 week, can be 1 month. TWW will come when it come. Obey.

We never know when it comes out but Steve said in the month of September so yeah 

27 minutes ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

We never know when it comes out but Steve said in the month of September so yeah 

Well, we are currently in the topic about TWW got delayed again, so yeah...never know :D

Edit: Titania  this month, no info about when TWW will come :P

Damn, i feel sorry for Steve when im looking at his face while that announcement. Really.

P.S. Sorry for disturb, you just made me interested about what exactly he said :D

Edited by WhyNotBro

7 hours ago, 360shmaw said:

Honestly, They could have skipped lunaro, left it for another date, The war within is much more badass

And the thing is, lunaro still isnt that popular. It hasnt made PvP more appealing to PvE players imo, just based on how few people play Lunaro (at least, there arent many people when I'm on).

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kayco38 said:

Whats the point of splitting the update so much ,when we all know its gonna be bugged as hell anyway

arent we supose to be beta tester?

i prefer to have a bugged update today ,that i know if its out,will get fixed at done in no time like a week at best

rather than wait i dont even know how many months that the dev team manage it 1 by 1 on they're own end,and loose massive amount of time, which is still gonna be buged update anyway -_-

to be honest I don't even care about bugs

• Upvote 3

On 8/5/2016 at 2:16 PM, shadowjeff18 said:

thanks for the heads up, but maybe next time dont say a release date for bigger updates, otherwise you get the same effect like now, poeple here are hyped and its getting delayed over and over again :/

Yeah my hype is pretty much all gone. I guess it'll be good to not worry about bugs but still... there is no way the update is a whole month behind. I think I lost most of my hype when Sotr came out.

• Upvote 1

There is a slight upside to all this non-hype.

It's that if the update is actually amazing, it might impress me more than if I was hyped and expected more.