Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

► Nekros post-Devstream #78 ◄ "SotD will still have problems"

Burnthesteak87

On 08/06/2016 at 11:54 PM, MicSet said:

I am personally crying over this update to SOTD like a little baby, because I have a huge soft spot for necromancers that can have a small army.
Now this is being taken away all for the sake of "performance" I feel dead inside, this is going to result in the loss of my favorite frame, the one I have more fun playing with than any other. And worse...  I might just stop playing Warframe altogether.
I enjoy playing as Nekros for that rush of being in the middle of my own small army of minions, no other warframe can do this.

I personally want them to keep SOTD as it is, no changes.  Just remove the particle effects on each one of them to resolve the "performance issues" that they are complaining about.

If this change goes through, I won't feel like a necromancer any more, instead I'll once again feel like a weak Nekros that's not playing by the loot meta.
But I doubt shouting louder is gonna match against the many voices that are already complaining about this.
Just...  Please DE, don't DO THIS to SOTD!  All you have to do is get rid of the particle effects and just probably do something to reduce the resources they take if you feel like that they really chug up the system, NOT THIS!
Let me keep my 26 minions!

DE will always take away our favorite toys and replace them with a not as good version. I'm still salty about the sniper rework.

OP brings up a good point about the AI not following nekros. 7 goons is actually more than enough as a diversion, plus don't forget "shield of shadows", but if the AI doesn't follow nekros he is going to be so boned.

As it is right now my nekros can defend excavation units because I cast the ability near an excavator and go wherever I want. The AI is too dumb to follow. The saving grace is they expire once the ability duration ends and I can summon a fresh batch at the next excavator. Hopefully this will be addresses so that the units follow nekros around or get teleported to him if he's a certain distance away.

I also don't like the uneven 7 units Max, why not 10. Sure 4 nekros would mean 40 units but players who do this world be doing so intentionally.

Its gonna be a huge problem if there is no way of teleporting them back to you or kill them at command. As you progress through the Map they wont be able to keep up. So you are stuck with 1 or 2 Shadows that actually die because Enemies spawned near them. Those guys in the background wont contribute anything to the battle.

Also stronger Shadows are cool and all. BUT THE AI IS STILL CRAP

Overall alot of non Desecrate Bot Nekros players will stop playing Nekros or the game altogether. Its always a shame when PC players get punished for Console complains.

Overwatch managed to get Console-only changes live. Why not Warframe?

9 hours ago, Death_Master_ said:

No, it isn't a joke. I seen Excalibur Prime more often than "shadows" build of Nekros, all other times it was loot Nekros.

So main role for Nekros is loot miner and he is the best in that right now.

We currently have just 3 lootframes and two of them get only one additional loot table run.

Nekros has three loot table runs making him useful even if he only boosts loot and does nothing else for all the mission(defense/survival/m-defense/low-lvl excavation).

All abilities of Nekros to me are for looting(first to revive fallen tenno(yeah, someone should kill mobs!), second to scare off mobs so they don't annoy the looting Nekros, third is "loot them all", and last is to rise bodies to distract enemies from looting Nekros).

Its that close mindedness that makes all sotd nekros play solo or friends only.  I for one look forward to this change as I won't be whined at for not sitting in a corner hitting 3.