The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Just now, Brachion said:

DE never said that there wouldn't be Vauban Prime. That was an assumption players made because some people claimed that Vauban was designed by the Corpus or something.

They never said Umbra wouldn't be in U19 either as far as i know. I'd just ignore the clown above.

Just now, (PS4)joe03827 said:

Well , DE said that thing in junction wasn't Umbra , that is Specters of The Rail tho not The War Within

There is no 'well' as if that small statement in the devstream, adds validity to a person's claim of DE saying Umbra wouldn't be in U19.

DE saying that kneeling figure not being Umbra =/= DE saying Umbra will not be in U19.

On a different note, the mods might have to become a little more aggressive to cull people that like to blab about datamined text/info. It's fine if they want to ruin the surprise for themselves or just don't care about being surprised for themselves, but they shouldn't be douchelords and try to 'win' Umbra arguments, to 'predict' Umbra actions/situations with datamined info, or outright spoil upcoming content for other people.

21 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

There is no 'well' as if that small statement in the devstream, adds validity to a person's claim of DE saying Umbra wouldn't be in U19.

DE saying that kneeling figure not being Umbra =/= DE saying Umbra will not be in U19.

Wait , wasn't that what i just said ? im confused

Edited by (PS4)joe03827

23 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

On a different note, the mods might have to become a little more aggressive to cull people that like to blab about datamined text/info. It's fine if they want to ruin the surprise for themselves or just don't care about being surprised for themselves, but they shouldn't be douchelords and try to 'win' Umbra arguments, to 'predict' Umbra actions/situations with datamined info, or outright spoil upcoming content for other people.

I was logged out. I logged in just to upvote this comment.

I think if Umbra weren't in 19 pt.3 they'd just straight up say it. Yeah people would probably rage like all hell, but at least they would avoid being total jerks on the basis that they allowed us to keep hoping for something we weren't gonna get. That says to me he has something to do with 19 pt.3. Maybe not in the quest, maybe not in the void, but somewhere in there he lurks.

Edited by (XB1)ToothlessApollo

Too many variables to consider. Is the metamorphasis theroy true? If so, could we have a Umbra/Prime fusion (a tenno is both shadow and light, sign from a relay)? If not, should I start farming up a new Volt now? But what if DE dosen't make every frame Umbra-able? And what if I can't do the quest/trial or whatever is required? Are there going to be Umbra weapons as well? And how do we know that Umbra won't hammer us with some requirment that we can't reach or gimmick we can't master?

Excuse me while I hide in the corner and jitter around for an hour or so.

3 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

Agreed, If you going to cheat at predicting something instead of actually using your head to predict something its just pointless and low.

to much logic being thrown about .... ill just sit back and watch o. o

but .....empty devil did make a point

3 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

but have to agree ^  on the datamined info , im still hopeful for part 3 u19 , but thats just my hope 

its up in the air till that part 3 hits pc and we get confirmation (yes/no) from pc players (consoles still no lunaro ...) 

1 hour ago, vrdwrst2 said:

Too many variables to consider. Is the metamorphasis theroy true? If so, could we have a Umbra/Prime fusion (a tenno is both shadow and light, sign from a relay)? If not, should I start farming up a new Volt now? But what if DE dosen't make every frame Umbra-able? And what if I can't do the quest/trial or whatever is required? Are there going to be Umbra weapons as well? And how do we know that Umbra won't hammer us with some requirment that we can't reach or gimmick we can't master?

Excuse me while I hide in the corner and jitter around for an hour or so.

no umbra weapons to my knowledge ....?

all that was discussed was frames by de in a limited number

in all honesty i bet there will be prerequisites, like second dream required natah  ..ect 

and welcome to the tinfoil hat club  :D 

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

no umbra weapons to my knowledge ....?

all that was discussed was frames by de in a limited number

in all honesty i bet there will be prerequisites, like second dream required natah  ..ect 

and welcome to the tinfoil hat club  :D 

Can I throw in with a hopefully meaningful set of 2 theories?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave

1.  There is the possibility that "Low Guardians" were Tenno that could not adequately perform transference.

Because of that, they were not effectively immortal like their sleeping counterparts, and were thus seen as lesser or "low" Tenno.

They were mind-wiped and repurposed with wearable Warframes to harness their power.  They were sent throughout the Orokin Empire and placed in "guardian" roles.

Not being encased in "Soma dream sleep", they slowly grew to adulthood and this, coupled with the removal of transference inefficiencies, made them VERY powerful, if vulnerable.

Some became independent, free-will thinkers and (RE)discovered what the Orokin had done to them and their "Second Dream" siblings and rebelled against their Orokin Masters and fought them from the darkness, unseen.

Many sought to free their sleeping brethren (Second Dream Tenno) from bondage, seeing their plight as that of the prisoners in "The Cave", purposely being misled by a false reality of cast shadows.

Notice how none of the Acolytes actively sought direct combat with the Tenno, more concerned with killing Alad, a direct Orokin descendant.

Stalker may very well be a loyalist low guardian that was unaware of what he was or the history of the Tenno when the Empire fell.

He may not lead the Acolytes at all, who probably needed Soma pods of their own to extend their lifespan.

He may have died a long time ago, but through sheer force of will, merged his consciousness with the Warframe Suit he was wearing to pursue vengeance.

2.  Jung's theory on Collective Unconscious and Freud's Id.

Basically the subconscious hate, despair, dread, and rage generated by Tenno while sleeping fed energies into their Warframes and allowed them to gain Self-awareness.

Being a child-super-soldier sleep-enslaved into a never-ending reality of the horrors of war will probably have unseen repercussions.

If you need a reason why Stalker can always find you and is immune to your powers it's because he essentially IS your shadowy subconscious/unconscious made real as a Self-aware Warframe who hates you as you secretly hate yourself (sound familiar?)  The "Stalker" may even think it is a real person, not wanting to come to terms with what it is.

The quest will be one to SAVE YOURSELF from devolving into insanity and finding redemption for the atrocities you have committed.  Umbras could have the ability to absorb and channel the negative energy generated by your Tenno to keep him or her stable, thus making these shadow-eater frames essential.

The Scifi Classic Forbidden Planet has a creature in it that very closely follows this model: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbidden_Planet

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

This won't happen but ...

here is a thought though.

Overseeing the conditioning, mental and physical training,  Warframe-usage, combat and education - that needed what?

Guardians to watch over them. Teachers like Teshin. Guides like the Lotus. 

Question: What will you get if you take a enhanced human, and use it as bio matter in the Foundry during assembly of a warframe?

Imagine rhino primes creatures. Imagine them being inside the warframes. Remember infested Mesa.

Imagine stalker found a Liset. He found the pod and used himself as host in the Foundry. That led to the birth of a new warframe-class, not controlled by the Operator but equal.

He then kept the void-feed open and killed the tenno inside the pod. That caused a feedbackloop in the warframe, creating a void-singulatity like Vor. Therefore Stalker can not die, he exists as energy inside the somatic-pod bound to a dead tenno.

"Was I one of these wretched things? " he asks himself. Yes he once was.

Now he is the shadow.

Dam dum duum

4 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Can I throw in with a hopefully meaningful set of 2 theories?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave

1.  There is the possibility that "Low Guardians" were Tenno that could not adequately perform transference.

Because of that, they were not effectively immortal like their sleeping counterparts, and were thus seen as lesser or "low" Tenno.

They were mind-wiped and repurposed with wearable Warframes to harness their power.  They were sent throughout the Orokin Empire and placed in "guardian" roles.

Not being encased in "Soma dream sleep", they slowly grew to adulthood and this, coupled with the removal of transference inefficiencies, made them VERY powerful, if vulnerable.

Some became independent, free-will thinkers and (RE)discovered what the Orokin had done to them and their "Second Dream" siblings and rebelled against their Orokin Masters and fought them from the darkness, unseen.

Many sought to free their sleeping brethren (Second Dream Tenno) from bondage, seeing their plight as that of the prisoners in "The Cave", purposely being misled by a false reality of cast shadows.

Notice how none of the Acolytes actively sought direct combat with the Tenno, more concerned with killing Alad, a direct Orokin descendant.

Stalker may very well be a loyalist low guardian that was unaware of what he was or the history of the Tenno when the Empire fell.

He may not lead the Acolytes at all, who probably needed Soma pods of their own to extend their lifespan.

He may have died a long time ago, but through sheer force of will, merged his consciousness with the Warframe Suit he was wearing to pursue vengeance.

2.  Jung's theory on Collective Unconscious and Freud's Id.

Basically the subconscious hate, despair, dread, and rage generated by Tenno while sleeping fed energies into their Warframes and allowed them to gain Self-awareness.

Being a child-super-soldier sleep-enslaved into a never-ending reality of the horrors of war will probably have unseen repercussions.

If you need a reason why Stalker can always find you and is immune to your powers it's because he essentially IS your shadowy subconscious/unconscious made real as a Self-aware Warframe who hates you as you secretly hate yourself (sound familiar?)  The "Stalker" may even think it is a real person, not wanting to come to terms with what it is.

The quest will be one to SAVE YOURSELF from devolving into insanity and finding redemption for the atrocities you have committed.  Umbras could have the ability to absorb and channel the negative energy generated by your Tenno to keep him or her stable, thus making these shadow-eater frames essential.

The Scifi Classic Forbidden Planet has a creature in it that very closely follows this model: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbidden_Planet

Interesting and very deep.

Would not this leed to a Tenno / umbra civil war? 

18 minutes ago, Nashucus said:

maybe that's what the war within is?

Since Lotus was the one to drop the line "A war without and a war within. " and that this is possible after Second Dream is over, I doubt that.

But if it is a war within literally,  like inside a dream-world, that would be something else.

How umbra would fit into it all, and tie with the Grineer Queens, is a good question.

41 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

I'm starting to think that we might get a Umbra appearance in the War Within update, but not the actual frame, which could be released later on during a dedicated update, like 19.5.

Just a thought!

It's possible. It's allso possible that by doing the new quest we will end up releasing/uncovering umbra.

The queens said:

"The Dreamers, they will come for us!"

"Yes. Like the Answer to a Prayer."

Makes you think they want to be found now, no?

49 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

I'm starting to think that we might get a Umbra appearance in the War Within update, but not the actual frame, which could be released later on during a dedicated update, like 19.5.

Just a thought!

I think that they will at least set up the the story for the introduction of umbra.

1 hour ago, LegionCynex said:

Oh, its more then a tought

It's ok to me, but I'm wondering what all those raging since a year would think when finally Umbra is mentioned and appears officially in game...........................................................but it's just a teaser. :D

14 hours ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

I think if Umbra weren't in 19 pt.3 they'd just straight up say it. Yeah people would probably rage like all hell, but at least they would avoid being total jerks on the basis that they allowed us to keep hoping for something we weren't gonna get. That says to me he has something to do with 19 pt.3. Maybe not in the quest, maybe not in the void, but somewhere in there he lurks.

I believe Steve said Umbra is not coming with U19 nor is the secret to the infestation on the ship. These two things being said I'm willing to bet that the door and this silly
Umbra are tied together. I could be wrong about the U10 Umbra bit but I thought DEV 76 expressed this point. Tennocon is this week so U19 info should be out by then

I can't believe there is enough information to produce 168 pages of this Umbra talk. Most of you really need to get on with life.......LOL