The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

11 hours ago, arch111 said:

Let's say Umbra is Dark Sector related.

Let's say thats why they talked about Dark Sectors on the livestream. 

Let's say they avoid Umbra because it is tied directly to a new release taking place in the Dark Sectors.

Let's say this will be part of U20.

Let's say it will be released in tandem with a Corpus Quest and Event that opens up Terminus ( they said Corpus will get alot of love soon).

Let's say the infested door in the Liset have something to do with it all.

it cant be part of update 20 because umbra is coming this year and update 20 is not coming out this year

1 hour ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

They really need to stop with these cinematic quests. While its definitely a good idea on PC, consoles get turned into a desolate wasteland with the wait we have to go through to get them. They need to concentrate on getting consistent content out, because people on consoles are bored out of their minds. This is why I've noticed such a heavy decline on console. The game is practically dead here. There are alotta people agreeing that this game is going down the tubes so their finding other things to do and just saying hell with it. I firmly believe that the war within is probably the last chance de has of saving the game from falling into oblivion on consoles.

This is sadly true. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

They really need to stop with these cinematic quests. While its definitely a good idea on PC, consoles get turned into a desolate wasteland with the wait we have to go through to get them. They need to concentrate on getting consistent content out, because people on consoles are bored out of their minds. This is why I've noticed such a heavy decline on console. The game is practically dead here. There are alotta people agreeing that this game is going down the tubes so their finding other things to do and just saying hell with it. I firmly believe that the war within is probably the last chance de has of saving the game from falling into oblivion on consoles.

Yeah , consoles get really low attention , but the thing is , most of the community kept saying that they want more content like the second dream , so they are just doing what they are asked to do , which they are trying to do but are taking time , DE aren't a huge company to make content fast , so they are taking long time 

20 hours ago, Plushy said:

Every time I see this thread I keep hoping some new news has come out about Umbras... and then it's nothing

You shouldn't ever hope for much. DE has been consistent in offering little to no information on the subject. I'm not angry or meaning to insult/bash them, I'm just saying what I've observed in the past year.

Maybe things will change if Excalibur Umbra is ever released. Until that fateful day comes, this thread will go through the same process every day;

-Multiple people post their ideas on what an "Umbra" is and how it fits into the current lore's parameters (and sometimes even when it doesn't)

-Some post speculation completely unrelated to Umbra frames entirely

-A single post and likely anyone who agrees with said post will potentially cause others to reply in a certain tone that leads to a page by page argument

-A few people post their anger about how Excalibur Umbra has not been released yet, DE not telling us anything about him, the single answer that's been repeated on countless devstreams over the course of this year up to this point (including TennoLive), a prediction that they're still not going to tell us anything, or a combination of any/all of the listed

-Some will go on to repeat why DE is being so secretive about the frame

-OP probably posts some obscure anime GIF

-More obscure anime GIFs follow

-Some will post when they think he's coming out

-Some will post when they hope he's coming out

-1-2 might say Excalibur Umbra will never be released (in addition to possibly saying anyone who wants him should get over it)

-A few will post a joke about him

And everything in between that I missed or didn't consider common enough.

Edited by LazerSkink

6 minutes ago, (XB1)chobots1998 said:

None of this is allowed on the forums. No one cares if you know something they don't, please don't spoil anything that you may have come across. Any information located illegitimately is punishable according to EULA and forum guidelines. 

19 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

You shouldn't ever hope for much. DE has been consistent in offering little to no information on the subject. I'm not angry or meaning to insult/bash them, I'm just saying what I've observed in the past year.

Maybe things will change if Excalibur Umbra is ever released. Until that fateful day comes, this thread will go through the same process every day;

-Multiple people post their ideas on what an "Umbra" is and how it fits into the current lore's parameters (and sometimes even when it doesn't)

-Some post speculation completely unrelated to Umbra frames entirely

-A single post and likely anyone who agrees with said post will potentially cause others to reply in a certain tone that leads to a a page by page argument

-A few people post their anger about how Excalibur Umbra has not been released yet, DE not telling us anything about him, the single answer that's been repeated on countless devstreams over the course of this year up to this point (including TennoLive), a prediction that they're still not going to tell us anything, or a combination of any/all of the listed

-Some will go on to repeat why DE is being so secretive about the frame

-OP probably posts some obscure anime GIF

-More obscure anime GIFs follow

-Some will post when they think he's coming out

-Some will post when they hope he's coming out

-1-2 might say Excalibur Umbra will never  released (in addition to possibly saying anyone who wants him should get over it)

-A few will post a joke about him

And everything in between that I missed or didn't consider common enough.

Its a sad/fun/funny cycle....kinda like a drug.

25 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

None of this is allowed on the forums. No one cares if you know something they don't, please don't spoil anything that you may have come across. Any information located illegitimately is punishable according to EULA and forum guidelines. 

well.. as far as i know, steve already told us that umbra is coming this year and that he is ''around the corner'' , i cant really spoil anything as the trailers already give us a good bit of info. [of the war within]

Edited by (XB1)chobots1998

See, if an Umbra frame is in War Within,  and we still can't obtain it for a long time, I'm not sure that's very helpful.

We all know they are working on it. I just find it unlikely that they have had the time to work on Umbra within the timeframe of U19.

I am allso not even sure I want Umbra to be a part of U19. Much better to keep it away from the Quest and bugs for a while. 

- But hey what do I know? Hayden Tenno is Umbra and we are all in the Third Dream, Teshin is a bad dream and the twins are our mothers. 

3 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

Calm down buddy, no one is going to spoil anything. Besides, there's nothing indicating, in those datamined dialogues, that Umbra Excalibur will come with the War Within update.

4 hours ago, OzoneAle said:

Calm down buddy, no one is going to spoil anything

Believe me, I'm calm. If you somehow interpreted my post as angry, well that's you. About the second part, sorry, but you're wrong about that as multiple users have blatantly posted spoilers with no regard or consideration for others. Many times have mods and admins cleaned the thread. Pardon me for trying to prevent another similar situation from occuring, because if it's to continue, this thread will be inevitably locked.

4 hours ago, OzoneAle said:

Besides, there's nothing indicating, in those datamined dialogues, that Umbra Excalibur will come with the War Within update.

Regardless of that, if what's been found happens to be true (for War Within or not), some will realize it not far long into the update. Datamined logs can still be considered spoilers even if not finalized.

Edited by LazerSkink

34 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Believe me, I'm calm. If you somehow interpreted my post as angry, well that's you. About the second part, sorry, but you're wrong about that as multiple users have blatantly posted spoilers with no regard or consideration for others. Many times have mods and admins cleaned the thread. Pardon me for trying to prevent another similar situation from occuring, because if it's to continue, this thread will be inevitably locked.

Regardless of that, if what's been found happens to be true (for War Within or not), some will realize it not far long into the update. Datamined logs can still be considered spoilers even if not finalized.

Have you read the spoilers?

3 hours ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

Have you read the spoilers?

The only "spoilers" I've unfortunately read are the ones posted in this thread by random players who don't seem to have self control. They only posted what they apparently saw. So if you consider random players' posts as spoilers, I guess the answer is yes, though nothing "officially" datamined.

Edited by LazerSkink

1 hour ago, LazerSkink said:

Oh no, i know you are not angry. It just seemed to me that you were over-reacting to that guy's post. Like that old lady in The Witcher 3 in the woods trying to protect her kids. 

"NOT ALLOWED!1!1!111!"