The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

The Chinese Founder Nikana was "primed Nikana" We recieved Nikana Prime, The Kunai Prime we can't get do to Chinese Founders exclusivity was a skin swap and became Spira Prime. Ways to get around the Exclusivity while still giving global the same assets, since DE loves to make sure we all get to enjoy all the cool things they make. 

The whole Umbra delay seems to be about getting in the game in a way people would enjoy, they've mentioned it being a focus choice, transform a warframe into umbra with umbra points. They seems to not want it to be another prime part farm, if anything it'll be some sort of resource power up that changes a warframe into it's Umbra Variant. All this umbra rambling is just wild speculation based on the very light explanations from past devstreams.

55 minutes ago, Erebus_Nacht said:

The Chinese Founder Nikana was "primed Nikana" We recieved Nikana Prime, The Kunai Prime we can't get do to Chinese Founders exclusivity was a skin swap and became Spira Prime. Ways to get around the Exclusivity while still giving global the same assets, since DE loves to make sure we all get to enjoy all the cool things they make. 

The whole Umbra delay seems to be about getting in the game in a way people would enjoy, they've mentioned it being a focus choice, transform a warframe into umbra with umbra points. They seems to not want it to be another prime part farm, if anything it'll be some sort of resource power up that changes a warframe into it's Umbra Variant. All this umbra rambling is just wild speculation based on the very light explanations from past devstreams.

Uuuuuuuuh whut

12 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

-snip-

I agree at everything u said . Everything . i Keep telling these things but people just ignore and continue do what they want to .

56 minutes ago, Erebus_Nacht said:

what? where did they say anything about "umbra points"? And how could these change a Warframe into an umbra?

12 hours ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Looks like the forums are getting even more impatient and unstable as time goes by...just as expected.  Hopefully this clears up when U19 hits.

Yeah, excaly, but I have to agree with Tooth, well one single point he made, is that all chuold of been avoided if Umbra was just given to us, for China did not get Warframe, tho have faith, I'm sure it will be out in War-Within, I won't hold my breath, but not to worry, Im sure..he will come! 

3 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

I'm sure it will be out in War-Within

It won't.

SotR is already a giant mess with so many content. Many people have a hard time adapting to void changes, starchart 3.0 and insane 4 hour kavat grinds, while simultaneously stacking Mag p unvaulting on top of the update, thus the grind feeling was incredibly tedious. Meanwhile, many questions have been raised about Titania, how her tiny size would her her escape endless waves of hitscan bullets and lasers, and the speculation of the new quest. With so many things already clogged up, 12 hotfixes after SotR and people are STILL  complaining about the changes, [DE]Steve himself confirming that pushing the update out too soon completely ruined his plan, Excalibur Umbra won't be going anywhere.

15 hours ago, (PS4)ifeanoiba said:

the devs they also said its coming soon during tenno con

15 hours ago, arch111 said:

You know that soon can mean months in the world of Digital Extremes? 

Hah! Months?  You're thinking too positevely m8,  more like years. 

Honestly I'm in no rush for umbra, I like where the game is headed now that they've begun telling their story, this game is in beta you guys need to realise that means there will be bugs and this beta is to test those and make sure they are getting fixed, and they are

Anyway back to umbra though, I don't know if China got any special lore or quest for this frame but it seems like it just came out of nowhere, whereas DE is trying to make it very lore driven on the global build and is just having a hard time thinking of story ideas and where umbra will fit in

1 hour ago, Madho said:

It won't.

I'm just going to pass this comment off as salty.as your comapling about something we get for free and is still "Beta" along, with mistakes happen, and DE have supported and given us feedback and have justifed our feedback and are already makeing correct changes and fixes, uphon our request/feedback.

Also, like I said, Im not holding my breath, but I'm sure he will 

Edited by LegionCynex

25 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

I'm just going to pass this comment off as salty.

By illustrating a mere fact that DE has so many things to fix before pushing out Excalibur Umbra. A fact that even DE has confirmed multiple times, saying that it was a tactical mistake caused by bad marketing gimmicks, with DE staff abandoning sleep cycles to fix bugs. Do you want to put even more pressure on DE with Excalibur Umbra expectations that are ridiculously high enough for them to meet, in addition to the already mountain-high pile of work they need to do per hotfix, which gets pushed out every few days?

Your perfect logic.

Edited by Guest

I would like to hear your thoughts on something.

We know Umbra is not a skin, and it will not be like a farmable primeparts hunt.

We allso know it will use a new system.of some kind.

- If we then make some guesses here. That Umbra will have to be either found,  created by using other warframes or parts,  or that an existing warframe is converted. 

- What of these would you prefer and think most likely? 

- Powers and system -

The schools and powers are likely going to be changed. This is an oppotunity to create something new after all.

Would you like Umbra to have new powers? Like Shadow Blade instead of Exhalted Blade. And do you think that Umbra should use a new Focus-school, maby even sacrificing a maxed school being a prerequisite?

- If it's not farmed like we are used to, it has to be different somehow. I considered they might add Dark Swors when craftig Excalibur Umbra,  but that may be going to far.

- Of course, the Dark Sectors could be a possibility,  and a "darkened" Void is another sort of a reversed-mirrorworld of dark energy.

- A unique Focus lense that excludes light to Project a dark shadow could allso be it since that is what Umbra is in our world.

What do you think and want?

1 hour ago, arch111 said:

I would like to hear your thoughts on something.

We know Umbra is not a skin, and it will not be like a farmable primeparts hunt.

We allso know it will use a new system.of some kind.

- If we then make some guesses here. That Umbra will have to be either found,  created by using other warframes or parts,  or that an existing warframe is converted. 

- What of these would you prefer and think most likely? 

- Powers and system -

The schools and powers are likely going to be changed. This is an oppotunity to create something new after all.

Would you like Umbra to have new powers? Like Shadow Blade instead of Exhalted Blade. And do you think that Umbra should use a new Focus-school, maby even sacrificing a maxed school being a prerequisite?

- If it's not farmed like we are used to, it has to be different somehow. I considered they might add Dark Swors when craftig Excalibur Umbra,  but that may be going to far.

- Of course, the Dark Sectors could be a possibility,  and a "darkened" Void is another sort of a reversed-mirrorworld of dark energy.

- A unique Focus lense that excludes light to Project a dark shadow could allso be it since that is what Umbra is in our world.

What do you think and want?

I hope it has something to do with the return of dark sectors, maybe the tenno found "something" in there, forcing them to return and investigate, whereupon they find Excalibur Umbra

Cue: Return of Dark Sector

2 hours ago, Madho said:

By illustrating a mere fact that DE has so many things to fix before pushing out Excalibur Umbra. A fact that even DE has confirmed multiple times, saying that it was a tactical mistake caused by bad marketing gimmicks, with DE staff abandoning sleep cycles to fix bugs. Do you want to put even more pressure on DE with Excalibur Umbra expectations that are ridiculously high enough for them to meet, in addition to the already mountain-high pile of work they need to do per hotfix, which gets pushed out every few days?

Your perfect logic.

Point Taken..tho, this topic is slightly getting out of hand, all things considering..

However, for my point of view, of what I've seen I can safely "assume" that it may be all over once, War Within Hits, tho this chuold go both ways, the topic gets closed due to "Yey-Umbra" or gets closed down, due to the "OMG,NO UMBRA" reaction, either way..yeah..what Snake said, come on guys tone it down a wee-tat 

Edited by LegionCynex

5 hours ago, Erebus_Nacht said:

1. The Chinese Founder Nikana was "primed Nikana" We recieved Nikana Prime, The Kunai Prime we can't get do to Chinese Founders exclusivity was a skin swap and became Spira Prime. Ways to get around the Exclusivity while still giving global the same assets, since DE loves to make sure we all get to enjoy all the cool things they make. 

2. The whole Umbra delay seems to be about getting in the game in a way people would enjoy, they've mentioned it being a focus choice, transform a warframe into umbra with umbra points. They seems to not want it to be another prime part farm, if anything it'll be some sort of resource power up that changes a warframe into it's Umbra Variant. All this umbra rambling is just wild speculation based on the very light explanations from past devstreams.

1. There is no such thing as "Kunai Prime", it was always Spira Prime and is the Primed Version of the Spira throwing knives. There has been no swapping skins to get around exclusivity otherwise wouldn't nikana prime have received the same treatment as you claim Spira Prime received?

The items from China are "timed exclusives" meaning that are released in China first then after around 30 days, DE is then free to add the items into the Global build whenever they feel its best to do so.

2.  There have not mentioned anything to do with "Umbra Points" that is a player made suggestion or concept being passed of as "official".

16 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

1. There is no such thing as "Kunai Prime", it was always Spira Prime and is the Primed Version of the Spira throwing knives. There has been no swapping skins to get around exclusivity otherwise wouldn't nikana prime have received the same treatment as you claim Spira Prime received?

The items from China are "timed exclusives" meaning that are released in China first then after around 30 days, DE is then free to add the items into the Global build whenever they feel its best to do so.

iam pretty sure in the offical statment from DE about Chinaframe it was called "Nikana Prime" "excalibur umbra prime" and "kunai Prime"

6 hours ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

what? where did they say anything about "umbra points"? And how could these change a Warframe into an umbra?

Steve Made that sort of "would you guys be interested in this idea" when he mentioned it in a past dev stream.