The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please make MARKET Post in the Relay

Samuel_sfx

1 minute ago, BlackCoMerc said:

My mistake.

What I have envisioned is more a maker post. You post something for sale, and set a price.

The first person to buy it for your price, gets it. That's how I always hoped it would work...

No sweat, fren. That's what I want too but nearly every other market board suggestion thread has been for an Auction house system. I initially wrote this thread off too before the OP changed the title to Market.

2 minutes ago, Keybopsef said:

Well I did. There's always going to be richer players, right? Richer players who will be able to outbid others for items that both parties may need.

The richer party can then, once they've won the auction, resell that item for profit. 

And so it goes on and on and prices go up and up.

Do you think even without this "Market Post" they can't do that? 

Just now, Samuel_sfx said:

Do you think even without this "Market Post" they can't do that? 

Of course they can. It's just that implementing a conventional auction house would make it a lot easier and a lot worse for everyone else, I suppose.

1 minute ago, Keybopsef said:

No sweat, fren. That's what I want too but nearly every other market board suggestion thread has been for an Auction house system. I initially wrote this thread off too before the OP changed the title to Market.

Yeah..probably my bad to put it titled "Auction Post" tho. I changed it anyway.

Just now, Samuel_sfx said:

Yeah..probably my bad to put it titled "Auction Post" tho. I changed it anyway.

No prob. Warframe.market is a great thing. I hope DE can implement an official version of it ingame somehow.

For why this is a bad idea, please refer to the Diablo 3 wiki page of auction houses and how much that ruined that game. One reason is that you will always be undercut, causing most items to become worthless. Somebody will think their Ember prime set is worth less, or go slightly lower for a fast sell, then somebody will do the same ad infinium. It also will fill the market with a lot more items, causing less items to be sold. Right now, i will encounter different demands and supply whenever i go onto trading chat, allowing me to play the game without worrying about buying plat. 

With a market system, you have people dumping all of their junk onto the market, flooding it with goods. Why is this a bad thing you ask? You know that split chamber you are trying to sell for 20P so that you can get a slot for Titania, there are a million of them on the market already. This means that items devalue so it takes more of a grind to get that plat for a slot, skin or anything else. This benefits those who put a lot of money into the game however, so they gain a larger share of items. Therefore Warframe becomes closer to pay-to-win, as those who bought plat get a lot more for their money and those who have never bought plat struggle to catch up. This would cause player frustration which would lead to people leaving the game.

In case you didn't look it up. Blizzard removed the auction house as it was ruining the game with how it was. Now imagine that in a freemium game where the company relies on people continuing to play.

Edited by (XB1)Twinna25
Just completed a quest for the missing W

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Twinna25 said:

For why this is a bad idea, please refer to the Diablo 3 wiki page of auction houses and how much that ruined that game. One reason is that you will always be undercut, causing most items to become worthless. Somebody will think their Ember prime set is worth less, or go slightly lower for a fast sell, then somebody will do the same ad infinium. It also will fill the market with a lot more items, causing less items to be sold. Right now, i will encounter different demands and supply whenever i go onto trading chat, allowing me to play the game without worrying about buying plat. 

With a market system, you have people dumping all of their junk onto the market, flooding it with goods. Why is this a bad thing you ask? You know that split chamber you are trying to sell for 20P so that you can get a slot for Titania, there are a million of them on the market already. This means that items devalue so it takes more of a grind to get that plat for a slot, skin or anything else. This benefits those who put a lot of money into the game however, so they gain a larger share of items. Therefore Warframe becomes closer to pay-to-win, as those who bought plat get a lot more for their money and those who have never bought plat struggle to catch up. This would cause player frustration which would lead to people leaving the game.

In case you didn't look it up. Blizzard removed the auction house as it was ruining the game with how it was. No imagine that in a freemium game where the company relies on people continuing to play.

I am pretty sure that just you being paranoid. The existence of warframe.market itself is the same thing with Market Post I proposed (the only difference is you can't do purchase direct in the warframe.market or selling items while offline). I don't think any player above MR5 who doesn't know the existence of the website and any normal guy will always go there to check prices. 

As of about that prices, I repeat, let the market decide. I have seen prices go down a lots of time in Warframe, as well as prices raise like hell. I have seen Vengeful Revenant goes from 250p to 140p. That argument of trying to sell SPLIT CHAMBER for 20p is the one I don't want to see. It is a scam for newbie. Altho any player with sanity will always ask for prices to community or their respective clan before buying or selling. With the existence of this market post, I believe this will cut all those non-sense questions regarding prices right from the root...and more beginner friendly. 

Don't forget that people have their own values of their items. If they think selling Vengeful Revenant for 100p is worth it, why not? BUT..... I am pretty sure not many people willing to sell it for 50p. You will see yourself, even in the warframe.market the prices will stop going lower at certain spot.  

Edited by Samuel_sfx

41 minutes ago, Keybopsef said:

No prob. Warframe.market is a great thing. I hope DE can implement an official version of it ingame somehow.

This, so much this.

I don't want to stare at the trading chat for centuries, i just ant to place my X item for Y price and let Z buyer buy it or at lease let me know they have interest in it, if am online lets trade.

What about being able to place my item for sale in a market, and when someone has interest in it, they simply buy it and i receive the plats via inbox, that would make trading for people like me a very pleasant experience and a very convenient thing too IMO since i don't like to camp the trading chat at all!

Yes going crazy again :)

Just now, Prinny13 said:

This, so much this.

I don't want to stare at the trading chat for centuries, i just ant to place my X item for Y price and let Z buyer buy it or at lease let me know they have interest in it, if am online lets trade.

What about being able to place my item for sale in a market, and when someone has interest in it, they simply buy it and i receive the plats via inbox, that would make trading for people like me a very pleasant experience and a very convenient thing too IMO since i don't like to camp the trading chat at all!

Yes going crazy again :)

Yeah that is my main point!